Away

Regret

"What are you doing? "Leo asks as he wakes up to see Hyuk shovelling his clothes into a luggage. 

"I'm packing, hyung. "Hyuk informs him simply. 

"Where are you going? "Leo persists. 

Hyuk finally turn his head to look at the elder. "It's us. "He corrects. 

"Us? "Leo frowns, clueless. 

"Yup. "Hyuk nods, returning to his task. "We're going away for a while. "

"Away where? "Leo wonders. "Is it a new schedule? "As much as he can remember, there's no schedule that require them to be out of town for the next 2 months, so why is Hyuk packing his clothes? 

"No, hyung. We're just taking some days off. "Hyuk explains patiently and Leo's frown deepens. 

"But I have my musica--" 

"It's Hakyeon-hyung's order. "Hyuk cuts him off. "You, me and Jaehwan-hyung, we're going on a hiatus so all our schedules are postponed or cancelled. "

"Hiatus why? "Leo asks. "And where's Jaehwan? "

Hyuk takes a deep breath, putting down the shirt he's holding to give Leo his full attention. "Jaehwan-hyung is traumatised because of what happened last night. "He says, and Leo's face fell. "So he's with Hakyeon-hyung. "

"Why him? "

Hyuk pretends like he doesn't hear that question because he's having the exact same question as well. "As for the hiatus... "Hyuk halts for a while. "... don't feel offended, hyung. But it's for your mental state . "

"My what? "Leo echoes, surprised. 

"You're unstable right now, hyung. And Hakyeon-hyung is worried so--"

"So he wants to throw me away. "Leo interrupts. "Avoiding me isn't enough so he wants to throw me away. "He says. "Right? "

"No, hyung. That's not true. "Hyuk denies. "It's for your own good. You need to take a break. "He reasons. 

Leo shakes his head. "It's just an excuse. It's Hakyeon's way of expelling me. "He concludes. "He doesn't want to see me anymore. "

"No, hyung! "Hyuk raises his voice, wanting Leo to listen to him properly. "Hakyeon-hyung promised that he'll come see us--no, you. See you, in a week, after his shooting ends. "He tells him. 

"Don't lie. "Leo says dejectedly, turning to walk away but Hyuk quickly grabs his arm. 

"I'm not lying. "The maknae insists. "I talked to him last night. He said  he'll take care of Jaehwan-hyung for now and then in a week, he'll come to settle things up with you. "

"Really? "Leo finds it hard to believe but Hyuk is making such a serious face. "You're not just making this up? "

Hyuk furiously shakes his head. "I'm telling the truth. "

"Hakyeon will really come see me? "

Hyuk nods. "He will, hyung. Hakyeon-hyung never break his promise. "He assures. "But if he doesn't, I'll make him regret. I swear. "

Leo smiles bitterly. 

"I'm on your side this time,so please trust me. "

"I do trust you. "Leo says. "But if Hakyeon doesn't come--"

"He will, hyung! "Hyuk assures once more. "I'll hit him if he doesn't. "

"Don't. "Leo says quickly. "Don't hurt him. Ever. "