Chocolates

Regret

Leo takes the flower approach as a failure since just a few days after he gave it to N, it was also he himself that picked up the wilted flowers from the table and threw it away. It is quite heartbreaking, really; for something he did so sincerely to be unappreciated like that. But he knows he deserves it. And just like Hongbin said, he should try harder. 

Try harder.

 

 

N and Hongbin has been shooting for a webdrama together since the last few days and that particular day, Hongbin enters the waiting room of their shooting site to see N leaning against the chair he's sitting on, sleeping soundly. 

Hongbin sighs, he really doesn't want to wake N up since he knows how tired the leader is,but he also knows that if he doesn't wake him up, N would hurt his neck later. "Hyung... "He calls out softly, touching the leader's shoulder. 

N immediately opens his eyes and sits straight, as if he hasn't been sleeping at all. "Yes? "He asks with a gentle smile. 

"Go sleep on the couch. You're going to hurt your neck. "Hongbin says in concern. 

N cracks his neck. "No, it's alright.  I was just taking a nap. "He exclaims, standing up and reaching for his bag. 

"Hyung, seriously--"before Hongbin could finish, N cuts him off. 

"Look. Someone gave me chocolates. "N tells him, pulling out a fancy looking box of chocolate from his bag and showing it to him. 

"Someone who? "Hongbin furrows his eyebrows because the box N is holding looks suspiciously the same as the box he saw in Leo's room that morning. 

N shrugs. "I don't know. It came with the food support. "he says nonchalantly as he opens the box, only to find a piece of card on top of the chocolates. He quickly takes the card before offering the chocolates to Hongbin. "Lets share? "

Glancing at the card, Hongbin then knows for sure that the chocolates come from Leo. "Thanks" he murmurs and picks one up before popping it into his mouth. Once the taste of the chocolate hit his sense, he shakes his head, reaching for the tissue and turning to face N just as the leader let out a grimace. 

"It's bitter! "N groans once he has spit out the chocolate he was eating. 

"It's dark chocolate. "Hongbin states, giving N the tissue he was holding so that the leader can wipe his mouth. 

"Well, it's horrible! "N comments, chugging down a bottle of water to wash down the after taste. "Here! You like it so you can have it all. "He says, ing the box of chocolate onto Hongbin's lap. 

Hongbin laughs and N pouts as he grab a candy from his bag instead. "Jaehwan's sweets taste better. "He exclaims, dangling the sweets Ken gave him as present in front of Hongbin when he sees the visual popping another chocolate into his mouth. 

"Whatever you say, hyung. "Hongbin chuckles fondly. 

This time N merely shoot him a glare before picking up the card he found in the chocolate box. 

'I'm sorry. 'The card reads. There isn't any name written there but N knows who it is from just by the handwriting. 

Leo. 

"Why won't you just let it be? "N mumbles grudgingly. 

"What, hyung? "Hongbin asks, assuming that N was talking to him. 

N quickly shakes his head as he hides the card. "No. Nothing. "

 

 

When Leo returns home from his musical that night, he's greeted by Hongbin who's casually sitting on his bed. 

"Ah, hyung! You're back. "

"What are you doing in my room? "Leo asks straight forwardly. 

Hongbin immediately gets off of Leo's bed. "I'm just returning this. "He says, handing Leo the box of chocolate N gave to him earlier that day. "I ate some of it. "He admits. 

Leo stares at the box, then at Hongbin. "Why? "

"Why? Hakyeon-hyung gave it to me because he hates bitter things. And the chocolates happen to be dark chocolates. That's why. "

Leo sighs, giving back the box to Hongbin. "Then you should just finish it all. "He says dejectedly. 

"Don't give up. "Hongbin coax. 

"I'm tired. "

"You shouldn't  be. Hakyeon-hyung used to work very hard to find his way into your life even when you used to be so dense and introverted. So why can't you? "

"But now it is him who doesn't want me. So why should I? I should just let it be, just like how he asked me to. "

Hongbin huffs. "You're hopeless, hyung. You really are. "

"Sure. "

"Alright then, it's up to you. It isn't me who's going to regret losing Hakyeon-hyung later. It's you." Hongbin threatens, throwing the box of chocolate into the trash can by the door before storming out.