Reconcile

Regret

As soon as he found out that N and Leo has reconciled, Hyuk has demand that they go home right on the same day, insisting that going on another day of being isolated from the outside world would make him go insane. Thus, considering the fact that Hyuk is his beloved dongsaeng, N merely gives in to his demand, not even bothering to negotiate anymore. 

On their journey home, Hyuk, as expected, has fallen asleep literally half an hour after they set off. Being the middle man in his two eldest hyungs's road to reconciliation turns out to be really exhausting for him. 

"Hakyeon... "Leo calls out softly, unsure if N is even awake due to the darkness of the taxi's interior. 

"Hmm? "Comes N's hum of reply. 

"You're not sleeping? "Leo asks even though the answer is obvious. 

"No. "N answers. "Why? "

Leo in a heavy breath. "I'm wondering.. about something. "He starts. 

"About what? "N questions simply, not quite bothered by the hesitance in Leo's voice.

"Promise me you won't be angry first. "Leo pleads. 

"I promise. "N says quickly, without even thinking twice. "What is it you're wondering about? "

"I... "Leo sighs. "You said the reason you were mad at me wasn't because I neglected you. Then--"

Realising what is it Leo is trying to ask him about, N quickly cuts him off. "No. Don't. "

"But you said--"

"Not now, okay, Taekwoon? "N begs. "We're healing right now so please don't. "Yes, they've barely reconcile and are currently patching up the emptiness in their relationship so he doesn't think they'll be able to handle it if they are to be faced with another obstacle in such a short amount of time. 

"Okay. "Leo gives up. He realise that he shouldn't push N too much or the leader would go and leave him once more. "I just wanted to know but if you don't want to talk about it then okay. I won't force you to do anything you don't want to so don't be mad at me. Don't leave me. Not again, please. "

N just keeps silent after that, not uttering any more words and Leo feels his stomach knotting in worry and anxiousness. 

"H-Hakyeon? "Leo calls out worriedly, reaching out blindly as he tries to get a hold of N. Just as he managed to land his hand on what he assume as N's thigh, he feels something warm and wet dropping onto his hand. 

"It hurts. "N whispers, barely heard and Leo could feel the blood draining from his face at the helplessness in N's voice.