Confrontation

Regret

Even days after Ravi's little 'lecture', Leo still found himself thinking about what the rapper told him, that N doesn't trust him anymore. At first he refuse to believe that because he knows that N would never lose faith in him but later, when he sees the evident with his own eyes, he has no choice but to believe it. 

N's action was quite subtle, really. And Leo would have missed it if he hasn't come across a fan taken footage on YouTube. The footage captures all 6 of them, playing rock paper scissors and the one who lose was Hyuk. The punishment was Indian bap, of course and neither of them waste any time in executing the punishment. What make Leo see the incident as an evident?  Well, rather than hitting Hyuk, N placed his hands under Leo's which causes Leo to hit N's hands instead of Hyuk's back. The fans comment that it was very nice of N to not hit the maknae but Leo knows what N was doing exactly; the leader was protecting Hyuk from Leo. And the fact hit Leo so hard. 

N really doesn't trust him anymore.

And Leo realise that he really do need to fix that. He can't afford to lose N's trust.

 

 

N is alone in the dorm that night, at least he thinks he is. Ken is out, having drinks with his musical's friends, Ravi has gone home to celebrate a family's event, Hongbin has a drama shooting as usual and Hyuk is out with Sungjae doing who knows what. Leo? Well, N doesn't know and he doesn't think he wants to know. 

The leader was in the kitchen, making some ramen for himself when the person he really dreads to see appears. 

"I need to talk to you. "Leo says, standing by the kitchen's doorway. 

N sighs, pouring the cooked ramen into a bowl and taking it to the table before sitting down. "I'm eating. "He states matter of factly. 

Leo pays it no mind as he pulls a chair for himself and sit down. "This is important. "

 "Is it about work? "

"Y-yes. "Leo stutters a bit, not quite sure himself. 

"Fine. "N gives in. Pushing his bowl of ramen aside and resting his hands on the table, staring straight at the main vocalist. "What is it? "He asks. 

"Do you really not trust me anymore? "

N raises an eyebrow, surprised by the question. "Why would you ask? Does it matter to you? "

"Yes, it matters to me. "

"Well... "N shrugs. "I don't. Not anymore. "He answers truthfully. 

Leo feels his heart drop eventhough he's already expected the answer. "Why not? "He questions silently. 

N chuckles. "I think you know why."

Leo went quiet. He realise that N is still bitter at him for the mistake he did before, for abandoning him when he's sick. And he knows that he really do need to apologize after all because it might be the only way to fix the dispute between them. 

"If that's all, can you go away now? I want to eat. "N speaks up, sounding a bit annoyed. 

"Hakyeon, I'm sorry. "

N who has started eating looks up at him. "For what? "He asks although Leo is pretty sure that he knows what the apology is meant for. 

"For not looking after you when you're sick. I know I'm at fault so I'm sorry. "

N snorts. Sure, he was upset because Leo neglected him but what upsets him even more than that is the words Leo threw at him when he was in the hospital. Those knife-like words, sharp and hurtful. "Okay. "He says. 

"Okay? "Leo asks, confused. "Do you forgive me? "

"Sure. "

Leo frown. N doesn't sound sincere at all. "Then  can you stop all this? "

"Stop what? "

"The way you treat me. You make me feel like I'm your enemy or something. "

N sighs. "You must have misunderstood . "He says. "I forgive you, yes. But it doesn't mean that things could go back to the way it was. I've put up with the way you treat me for long enough and I refuse to do it anymore. "

"Hakyeon. "

"So please, just let it be. If you think you can fix this, then you're wrong. This is the way I want it to be now. We, as coworkers only is perfect. You don't need me anymore and I don't want you either. "

"Hakyeon, no. "

"Please just let it be. "