Eight

Lotto


“This class is so boring. I don't even get why the English Renaissance is important.” complains Bi Na from the back of the room.
“Aubrey gets rid of her and we have to deal with her whining a extra day.” Reign said rubbing her temples.
“She didn't get rid of her. Hayeon is just a sneaky that's trying to get what Bi Na has.” Joo Mi spoke, defending her friend.
“Maybe you should be like Hayeon, but that's impossible you'd need to have talent.”
“Who's Hayeon?” Emily asked Reign,but reign just shrugged her shoulders.
“Hayeon is the girl Aubrey choose as Bi Na’s replacement.” Kihyun answer taking his seat next to Emily.
“And that's all she'll ever be is a temporary fill in. She should be use to it by now, after all her sister did get all the looks and talent. She can't even get the ball over the net, now will Aubrey keep her in Bi Na’s place for long. She'll probably beg for Bi Na to take her place back.” Joo mi spoke again.
“Aubrey doesn't beg. Aubrey also knows her sport, when Aubrey asked what your position was she had a reason for it. She won't give you your spot back till you give her an answer. You should just hope it's not too late when you finally give her an answer.” Kihyun spoke, pulling out the last of his books.
“She'll get her spot on the team back, just like I'll be getting the queen's crown tomorrow night.” Sojung spoke up, closing the book she had been reading.
“Like hell you are! That crown belongs to me.”
“Its cute you think that. I'll let you look at it after I win, but don't breathe on it. We would want your peasant germs on it, now would we.” Sojung smirked.
“Peasant?”
“Alright class settle down. Pull out your chapter notes. I hope you wrote them well, it's the only way to pass this quiz. I'll give you all 5 minutes to get your notes in order.”
“Thank you Aubrey!” Reign cheered as she took out the notes Aubrey took when she took the class last semester.
“You'll only be able to do well if you understand her notes. Did you even read the chapter?”
“.......Fight me.”
Emily and Kihyun laughed.
“Speaking of Aubrey, where is she? She missed Consumer Behavior this morning.”
“She's got a game tomorrow, so she's at practice.”
“Tomorrow? But she's supposed to be my date.”
“Did you even ask her?” Emily asked as she straightened her notes.
“....no…. I just assumed.”
“Yah! Find a date. I can't have you mess up the queens court.”
“Don't worry about her court Kihyun oppa, I'll be glad to have you join my court at anytime.” Bi Na cooed.
“I'd rather not. I'm not Neil, I can't put up with your annoying whining all the time.” Kihyun replied, earning a laugh from Emily and Reign.
“At least Neil can sing, must be why he's performing at the dance tomorrow.” Sojung spoke, not bothering to look up from her notes.
“He's what?” Kihyun yelled.
“You'll have the remainder of class to finish… and Mr. Yoo please keep quiet, I'd hate to lower your grade but it's already beyond help.”

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆


“Aubrey, are you sure you want her to play?”
“Positive.”
“Aubrey, you know I'll always trust your judgment. Hayeon…..haeyeon is going to cost us this game.”
“I believe in Hayeon, Haeyeon is what this team needs right now.”
“Aubrey, the Olympic team coaches will be there. Do you really want to hurt your chances?”
“Hayeon won't hurt my chances. Besides there's still the tournament for them to watch. I should shower and grab my things. See you later.” Aubrey said getting out of her chair and leaving the office.
“Yah! What took you so long?”
“How long have you been out here Ki?”
“Since your practice ended and you started talking to coach.”
“Why? What do you want Ki?”
“Can't I just come see my best friend in the whole wide world.”
“Is that really why you came to see me?”
“Of course not! I need help and since you have like an hour before you leave, and includes your shower since I know you probably already packed, to find me a cutie for a date and help me figure out what to do about Neil singing tomorrow and not me.”
“Ki, why didn't you find your own date?”
“Cause I thought we were going together, you didn't tell Me you had a game.”
“Ki, I told you the day it got rescheduled. Remember, you were all like ‘Now you meet the guys.’, dragged me to the dorm, and then you and the guys did those cute eye smile thing and got me to cook dinner.”
“Ohhhh yeah. But you got froyo out of it so it's all good. Soooooo….. You gonna help me or not?”
“I’m gonna spend my hour showering and taking my sweet time getting dressed. Afterwards I'll deal with finding you a date super last minute. You can figure out how to deal with Neil.”
“Ace! Your seriously the best!”
“Hence my name. Now I'm gonna shower, I wouldn't wait around if I were you, you've got some thinking to do about performing. Maybe you can ask Reign on that, she's devious, her and her friend. I'm sure between the two of them you get on stage.”
“Wow! You full of great idea's. Could have used you during class this morning. I would hate to be a psych major.”
“The world's a better place since you aren't. Id to see the poor people that you mind .”
“Hey! I'm a great .” Kihyun yelled as speed up to catch up with Aubrey.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

“Okay. That’s enough for today. You guys are improving greatly so i'll end early today.” Emily said as she closed the book they had been reading.
“But we don't want you to leave yet.” Jongdae whined.
“Yeah! Emily, you should stay longer.” Jongin whined, grabbing onto Emily.
“Yeah Em!” Chanyeol spoke, grabbing the other side of Emily.
“Why don't you come over for dinner.” Joonmyeon offered.
“Yeah! Kyungsoo, and Minseok hyung are cooking.” Yixing spoke.
“Is it safe for me to trust Kyungsoo with a knife?” Emily joked causing the members to laugh.
Kyungsoo just stared at Emily and a small grin, leaving out of the practice room.
“That guy seriously scares me.”
“Of all the hyungs, he's the one that scares you?” Sehun asked walking next to Emily.
“Who should i be scared of then?”
All the Exo members just stare at Chanyeol.
“Why should i be scared of the happy virus?”
“That happy virus is always picking the bathroom lock and walking in on people.” Jongin spoke with an eye roll.
Chanyeol just shrugged with a smile and kept walking.
“You guys are just full of surprises. He picks locks. Anything else i should know?” Emily asked, removing her shoes and walking into the living room, taking a seat on the couch.
“Jongin and Chanyeol sleep walk.” -Jongdae
“Baekhyun sleeps with socks on.” - Chanyeol
“Jongin saw Taemin .” - Yixing
“Kyungsoo is a clean freak.” - Sehun
“Yixing likes to touch people's butts.” - Minseok
“If Chanyeol can't sleep he wakes everyone else up so they can't sleep either.” Baekhyun
“Joonmyeon keeps them under control by buying them food.” - Kyungsoo
“No one listens to me but Kyungsoo.” - Joonmyeon
“ Kyungsoo hates loud noises when eating.” Jongin
Emily just stared at them wide eyed before laughing.
“You saw Taemin ?”
“It was a accident. I swear.”
“No wonder you two are friends. He accidentally saw my best friend . His face was priceless.” Emily laughed, wiping away tears.
“He saw Reign !?” Sehun yelled.
“Chill Sehun, not Reign. He saw my other best friend, Ace.”
“Ace?” the boys asked.
“Yeah Ace. I'm sure Taemin’s told you about her Jongin. You know her too, Joonmyeon. You actually went on a date with her.”
“Hyung, you went on a date!?” Jongdae asked.
“Jongin wanted me to meet a friend of Wonshik’s. He didn't tell me it was a date.”
“But you have to admit, I did you a favor. You never date, you stay away from girls, and you always take care of us. You needed a night out, and a PYT.”
“So that means hyung has a girlfriend, right?” Baekhyun asked.
“Now hyung, Jongin and Baek can group date.” Chanyeol grinned.
“We aren't dating, we're just friends.”
“Yah, hyung! How can you say your not dating? You two text all the time.”
“Just because two people text all the time doesn't mean that they're dating. Alot goes into dating, i'm not gong to date her because you want us too.” Joonmyeon spoke, leaving the living room.
“How about we go make dinner now…” Minseok asked Kyungsoo and Yixing. The three quickly left for the kitchen.
“Hmpf. they really aren't dating?” Jongin pouted crossing his arms.
“They aren't. Ace even said they aren't. She said they clicked as friends more.” Emily said, patting Jongin on the back. “Look on the bright side you can still double date with Baekhyun.”
“That would be nice… if my relationship was real.”
“Excuse me?”
“Baekhyun and Taeyeon are a publicity stunt. SM just won't let them break up publicly yet.” Sehun revealed.
“Hmmmm…. I can't say much.”
“Why's that?” Baekhyun asked.
“Your looking at your next publicity stunt..”
“What!?” The boys yelled.
“SM wants Yixing and I to be revealed as a couple.”
“So that's why he’s taking you to our homecoming dance tomorrow.” Jongdae spoke aloud.
“But that's not fair to you. You're not an idol, that would be putting an ordinary person in danger.” Baekhyun fummed.
“Far from ordinary. Remember, my brothers an idol. I may not be in the public eye, but i do know how to handle fans.”
“You don't have to do this for the sake of our group. It's not too late for you to back out.” Baekhyun told Emily.
“It's my cover… I'm actually dating Hongbin… but i kinda told my brother i was dating yixing because of something that was going on at the time. My brother was so happy that I found a good guy like Yixing, even though he doesn't want me to date.”
“Why would you tell Jonghyun that you two were dating? Why not tell him that you were actually dating?”
“At the time I was upset with Hongbin. Taemin let it slip that i had a boyfriend, next thing I know, Yixing’s at the table and i'm saying that he's my boyfriend.”
“You should tell your brother the truth. Yixing isn't your boyfriend, get out of your lie before you bury yourself so far deep that you can't get out. Your feeling,Yixing’s feeling, Hongbin’s feelings…...everyone's feelings are involved. Do you want to be the reason that people's feelings get hurt. This is really careless of you.” Baekhyun spoke before storming off to his room, slamming the door behind him.
“I’ll go calm him down..” Chanyeol spoke before getting up to check on Baekhyun, Jongin following as well.
Emily was quiet, letting everything Baekhyun said settle. He made a really good point. Why didn't she just tell Jonghyun the truth. But then another question popped up in her mind just as fast. Why didn't hongbin talk her out of making a huge mistake.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

 

Image result for hotel rooms in korea


“I'm going to go make my rounds and then i’ll be back.” coach said as she left the room.
“Hey Aubrey. Can i ask you something?”
“Sure.” Aubrey said as she sat down on her bed next to Hayeon’s.
“Why did you ask me to play? Why not give it to someone who plays better than me.”
“Because I believe in you.”
“Why? Im terrible. My serves always hit the net, i cant spike properly and i can't control the ball. You picked the wrong person to be a replacement player.”
“You may think i picked the wrong person, but i didn't. I don't think anyone is better suited for this position than you. You remind me of me when i first started out. I was placed as an attacker because of my height. Every attack i made went out of bounds. Despite that my captain held me to that position.I asked her why and she told me she believed in me. That game day, i went out and made five attacks that didn't go out of bounds. My serves also resulted in ace’s and miraculously i was able to dig six balls while being in the back row. I literally bawled my eyes out at the end of the game. We lost, but i played the best i had ever played, and it was all because someone believed in me. While you say your not the best, i'll agree you not, but i believe that you’ll get better. That’s why i choose you as a replacement. You know what your jobs is as a libero. I think being libero will help you improve.”
“You really think so?”
“I know so, but let me ask you a question. Why don't you stand up for yourself against the girls?”
Hayeon went silent.
“I know they bully you. So why aren't you standing up for yourself?”
“Because they're right.”
“Do you really have no self confidence?” Aubrey asked, only to receive no answer from the girl. Aubrey pulled Hayeon off her bed and made her stand in front of the mirror.

Image result for kim ha yeon

 

“They're wrong. You are a beautiful girl. You are also very smart and very talented. Don't think i didn't hear you singing on the bus ride here. Everything those girls said was wrong. You should never let their words get to you. Stand up for yourself, no one will stand up for you better than you. So what if your sister is an idol. So what if she’s pretty. I've never met her but i know that you two are different because you're you and she's her. Don't let others tell you any different.”
Hayeon turned and hugged Aubrey.
“Thank you. No one's ever cared about me.”
“Well i care. I'll always be here for you, so you should be there for yourself too. Come on, its getting late, and i need my star player well rested.”
Hayeon laughed and wiped away stray tears, walking back to her bed.
“Good night Aubrey.”
“Night Hayeon.”