Twenty Nine

Lotto


6PF0uB5KFqaiLpsJX9qANR-TwY2TVT8vhOuxq1YmvNe3aVipKN2KPKvEifHX_8KZUMWDIoTfUA6dfiobKJDTjLE79-LeUFjE-YRvk-SFH51n1Rhfu-Qvs2_3wk-IlMWYpxCjuotm

“At least she’s sleeping peacefully now…..”

“I never thought the day would come when i'd have to ask them to sedate my sister….” Taekwoon said with his head in his hands.

“It’s what she needed. Why don’t you go get some rest? I’ll call you if something major happens.” Yifan spoke, placing his hand on Taekwoon’s back.

“....but-”

“No but’s. Get some rest. I know you're worried but it’s not like your leaving her in the care of a stranger. I am her fiance after all. If medical action needs to take place then i’ll call you. If you're worried about having to sedate her again, then don’t worry about it. I can keep her calm.”

“And if she ask for Kihyun?”

“......just go get some rest.” Yifan spoke as he resumed sitting next to Aubrey, wiping her face with the wet towel from in the basin of water on the counter.

“You call me the minute she wakes up.”

“Sure thing.” Yifan agreed, eyes still on Aubrey.

Taekwoon gave one last look at Aubrey and Yifan before walking out the room, quietly shutting the door behind himself.

“You’re leaving?” Baekhyun asked as he and Taemin stopped before him.

“What are you two doing here?” Taekwoon asked.

“Here to see Aubs, obviously. Is she awake yet?” Taemin asked curiously.

“No, she’s still sleeping. She won't be awake for a while. You both should just go back home.”

“Go back home? No way. I’m going to stay in there until she wakes up.” Taemin spoke walking past Taekwoon and opening the door.

Taekwoon took a big gulp, face already paling.

‘There’s no way out of explaining this now….’ Taekwoon thought to himself.

“Hyung? Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked.

“Taekwoon hyung, why is Yifan here?”

“Yifan?” Baekhyun asked in disbelief, walking past Taekwoon. “What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing.”

“I didn’t know you were back in korea, let alone knew Aubrey.”

“You’d be surprised by how much you don't know.”

“Then why don’t you teach me? Tell me how much i don’t know.” Baekhyun sneered.

“Be quiet.” Taekwoon growled quietly, but loud enough for them to realize the urgency.

One glance beside Yifan and the boys could see that Aubrey was slowly waking up.

“You two out.” Taekwoon commanded to Baekhyun and Taemin.

“Hyung!” Taemin whinned.

“You can come back later. Let's go.” Taekwoon spoke, pushing Taemin out the door.

Baekhyun looked to see Yifan pushing Aubrey’s hair out of her face. Baekhyun felt his heart drop at the sight. He had never seen Yifan do such an act with any female. With how cold Yifan was towards the opposite , it surprised him how compassionate he looked.

Giving Aubrey and Yifan some space, Baekhyun left the room. He wanted answers, and since he couldn't ask Yifan or Aubrey at the moment, Taekwoon would have to suffice and give him the answers he needed.


 

“There you go.” Yifan said as he helped Aubrey sit up. “How are you feeling?”

Aubrey raised her left hand up to , indicating that she was thirsty. Yifan grabbed a cup and filled it with water from the pitcher. Yifan slowly lifted the cup so that Aubrey could take a sip.

“Thanks..” Aubrey said, the scratchiness from .

Yifan just stared at Aubrey. He wanted to ask,but he knew that his question would be touchy. In his mind he would rather put himself through her misery then let taekwoon see the pain on his little sister’s face.

“Don't stare at me. I can can feel your pity.”

“I’m not pitying you…”

“You are i can feel it. Just like everyone else will when they see me.”

“Aubrey that’s not true. Everyones worried about you.”

“I’m sure they are. Do they know too?” Aubrey asked, anger slowly building up inside.

“Only your brother and i know.”

Aubrey stared into Yifan’s eyes, mostly to see if he was lying, but his eyes told her he was telling the truth.

“They’ll find out sooner or later.”

“I’d rather the later.” Aubrey scoffed rolling her eyes as she used her left arm to move the blanket off of her legs.

“Aubrey.” Yifan said sternly.

“What? Gonna tell me that i need to rest? Don’t you think i’ll get to rest after i marry you? It’s just like you said, all I have is marrying you. I'll rest easy for the rest of my life. I didn't get my internship. I can't even feel my right arm, so that gets rid of any chance I ever had of making the olympic team. I won't even be able to play in the tournament two weeks from now. I didn't just let myself down, I let my team down. I don't need anyone's pity, when I pity myself more than anyone ever could.”

“It's not your fault, so stop putting yourself down. So what if you don't have the your internship? So what if you don't have your olympic team? So what if you can't play in the tournament? You have so many other options to choose from.” Yifan spoke, pulling Aubrey into his chest as she cried. “You can look for another internship. You can find an apprenticeship. You'll graduate with a business degree. You can find something to start your own business with. You're a great player. You may not be able to play anymore, but that doesn't mean you can't teach others to be great while still enjoying the sport. If staying here in korea is too much of a burden then we can move to China or America. We could travel to Italy like you've always wanted to. Just remember you're not alone.”

Yifan lifted Aubrey’s head off his chest, wiping her tears off.

“You have your brother. You have your mom. You have Taemin. You have Baekhyun. You have Neil, Aaron, Emily, and Reign. Most importantly, you have me. I'll never leave your side. That's a promise.”

Aubrey looked up into Yifan’s eyes.

“Kihyun said the same thing…..” Aubrey spoke moving away from Yifan. “Can you call the doctor? I want to go home.”

“it'll be better for you to stay here a while longer.”

“Is staying her a while longer going to give me the feeling back in my arm? Is staying here going to get rid of the pounding headache I have from this concussion. Is staying here going to keep the nightmares away?”

Aubrey grabbed the clothes that Yifan had brought with him and locked herself in the bathroom.

Yifan stared at the door. He sent Taekwoon a text about aubrey wanting to leave, before leaving to find Aubrey’s doctor.


 

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

 

“So you finally went and saw him….”

“Yeah…. We talked….”

“And…..”

“We just talked. Talked about the past…...the present…..”

“And the future?”

“.....I’m going to go by my mother's maiden name from now on. I don't feel comfortable keeping the name since i decided to leave the family.”

“You left the family?” Minki yelled in the empty dorm.

“I did. He’s okay with it too. He just asked that i don't distance myself from you.”

“Reign…..”

“It’s okay….. I felt lonelier being apart of the family as an adopted member of the family. Now i can be happier. My life is turning around, this was just an obstacle to my happiness.”

“I guess if Dad’s okay with it then who am i to argue about it.”

“Tanks Minki, and i’m sorry. I should have never blown up at you. This was never your fault and you knew nothing about this.”

“I understand. I’d be extremely upset if i had to carry that secret for years.You’re not hiding anything else from me are you?”

“Well i don't remember if i told you that i auditioned for YG and didn’t get in. So, i auditioned from another company, using my mom’s name so they wouldn’t be able to find my audition history. You are now looking at a BigHit trainee my dear brother.”

“BigHit!?” Minki asked, with Reign just nodding in response. “That’s great Reign. I’m really happy for you!”

“Thanks. Maybe one day we'll perform on the same stage.”

“Hmmm that would be nice, but i don’t think that’s going to happen.” Minki said, taking a sip of his tea.

“Why wouldn’t it?”

“We pushed our comeback for another month. Response to the comeback wasn’t that big in the first place. The guys and I are thinking it might be time for us to finally disband.”

“What!? You guys can't disband. That’s like 5-6 years worth of hard work.”

“Seventeen is more anticipated than we are. People want an Orange Caramel comeback more than ours. The company even started working on another girl group. It’s time to face it, we aren't needed anymore.”

“But i need you….i need all of you….”

“Reign…”

“I’m serious. If it wasn't for you guys then i wouldn't be as involved in music as i am now. You guys teach me new things about music, you guys even taught me, or attempted to teach me how to compose. You guys are such a great group, you can't just stop now.”

“All good things must come to an end.”

“Not today it isn't. Perform at my concert.”

“What?”

“Perform at my concert. It’ll give you more exposure and if you all feel like staying together is such a hassle, then i won't open my mouth about you guys disbanding. Just give it one more shot.” Reign pleaded.

“I’ll talk to the guys about it.”

“Great! I know you guys won't regret it! Everyones going to love you guys. They’ll love mines better but still.”

“Do you even know what you're going to perform?”

“Not a clue!” Reign laughed. “Just know what every i perform, it’s going to be a worthy of a queen.” Reign spoke proudly, confident in her unknown performance.

She knew that she would need to work on that eventually, but Reign knew, she had bigger things that needed to be dealt with before her performance.

 

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

 

“You're still not telling me how Yifan know’s Aubrey. He didn't meet her through me. You don’t like guys around her other than Kihyun and guys you both agree on.”

Taemin kept his mouth shut. He already knew how Aubrey and Yifan met.He also knew that although Taekwoon knew he knew, Aubrey didn't want anyone knowing, so he chose to play dumb.

“Maybe we should just ask Aubrey once she’s feeling better? It is her business and she’s already had enough from Reign digging into her past.” Taemin spoke.

“Fine. i'll give him that. But do tell why he got to walk in and see her, while i along with the others were sent home after staying here for hours waiting on her news.”

“He’s my fiance that’s why.” Aubrey spoke as she and Yifan walked towards their table.

The wrap was removed from Aubrey’s head and her arm placed in a sling. Although the doctor want Aubrey to stay long, he allowed Aubrey to be discharged. His conditions being that if he had blurred vision or the pain in her head won't subdude, that she would come in immediately. Yifan, as her fiancee, was asked to take care of her.

“Did you hit your head to hard? Do you need to be checked by the doctor again? Is your medicine fine?”

“No. No. Yes. he’s really my fiancee.”

Baekhyun looked to Taekwoon for confirmation.

“July 9th.” Taekwoon spoke, getting up from his seat.

“But you-”

“Too young? Yeah, i know. Too inexperienced? Yeah, i know. Don’t know each other? We know each other enough. The circumstances aren't the best, but i’m glad that i can marry someone like Yifan.Look, i’m tired. I'm sorry you came all the way out here to see me when you both have such busy schedules, but i’d like to go home now.”Aubrey spoke, turning on her heels.

“I hope you’ll support us and come to the wedding. The others are more than welcome to come as well, i know she’s come to like a few of you.” Yifan said before following Aubrey, since he would need to drive her from now on.

“Wedding? Fiance? Aubrey and Yifan? Hyung?” Baekhyun spoke, waiting for answers from Taekwoon.

“Tell who you want now, but don’t tell Kihyun. Let her tell him herself.” Taekwoon spoke leaving Baekhyun in dismay.

“Come on. We should head back to the company, we aren't of much use here, or to aubrey at the moment.” Taemin said quietly as he walked away pulling up his face mask.

Baekhyun took one glance to see Aubrey walking out the door that Yifan had opened.

‘Yifan and Aubrey….Wait till Kihyun finds out.’ Baekhyun thought to himself with a sigh, moving to follow after taemin.