Twenty Eight

Lotto

2LFAwkaUD8oHIqmW9Z36Yax_ylB1OVJtiusrUdCSSIDXWVLlLWAHnIlN75MUS4zZAPyp53JesAPBERf6VM2-m5C5tGj1MdL-KEHVsMGg7kj13t52C7OKbi1rbCMauxl1msg7ggaJ

 

“Did anyone call her mom?” Kayden asked the group.

“The hospital called her. She's in China, so it'll be a while before she can get here. I think Minseok is coming since Reign called him crying. I called Taekwoon and he's on his way.” Neil told her as he looked at the people passing by.

They had been at the hospital for at least 2 hours and still hadn't heard anything on Aubrey.

“What about Kihyun?” Kayden whispered.

Neil sighed. “He didn't answer. I called Hoseok, he should be here soon.”

“What are we gonna do? When she gets out of this, she gonna want Kihyun and Taekwoon. She's going to need them, you don't take a fall like that and come out unscathed.”

“Then we'll have to be there for her in his place.”

“Hey, how is she?” Hoseok spoke, gasping for air after running so fast.

“We don't know. They haven't told us anything yet.” Kayden spoke up.

“And that girl that pushed her?”

“...... she's in custody at the moment but they want to wait and see how Aubrey is before they really do anything.” Neil responded.

“Reign! Are you okay?” Minseok asked as Reign ran into his arms.

“You want to ask if she's alright, when Aubrey is fighting for her life!” Hoseok’s voice boomed through the hospital.

“I know how you feel, but yelling at him isn't going to solve anything.”

“You know how I feel? This is your fault! If you never came back into her life then she would be fine right now. You better hope nothing major happens to Aubrey, or I'll end your career pretty boy.” Hoseok spoke, gripping Baekhyun by his collar.

“Let go of him!” Sehun yelled, pushing Hoseok off of Baekhyun.

The sight of the two boys fighting made Reign cry harder, holding on to Minseok tighter.

“Are you two trying to get kicked out of the hospital!?” Neil yelled, attempting to break them up.

Sehun stood beside Baekhyun, trying to make his hair normal again, while Hoseok was escorted to a chair beside Kayden, so she could keep him calm.

“This is a hospital! Are you both crazy? What Aubrey could see you now!? Do you think this is something she'd smile about?”

Sehun and Hoseok put their heads down.

“Why don't we get you some air?” Minseok suggested to Reign, motioning Sehun to come with them.

“Why don't you have a seat?” Kayden spoke, motioning Baekhyun to a empty seat.

“Is this really my fault?” Baekhyun whispered, running his hands over his face.

“Don't blame yourself. How were we to know Hayeon had it put for Aubrey.” Kayden tried to comfort him.

“Hayeon? Like Kim Hayeon?” Baekhyun asked, face pale.

“Yeah….. You might know her actually. She's a trainee at your company.”

“She did this!?”

“Yeah. She pushed her off the cliff, but we don't know why…..”

“Where is she?”

“The police have her in custody until Aubrey wakes up. They say they can't charge her until they know Aubrey’s condition.”

Baekhyun fell back in his chair.

“T-this really is my fault…..”

“You didn't push her, nor did you tell her to push her.”

“But Hayeon is Taeyeon’s sister……. This is my fault…….”

Kayden and Hoseok just stared at each other, while Neil just stared at Baekhyun.

“Parent or guardian of Aubrey Jung.” the doctor called out.

“Here!” Taekwoon called out as he and Jaehwan walked down the hall.

“Hyung…..” Hoseok spoke, seeing the look in Taekwoon’s eyes.

Taekwoon looked over to Hoseok, who pointed across from him to Baekhyun. Taekwoon feel his rage build at the sight of Baekhyun, but held it in. Taekwoon followed the doctor so they could talk away from the others.

“Why are you here is Kihyun?” Jaehwan asked.

“He never answered.” Hoseok spoke.

Jaehwan shook his head. “That kid. He doesn't show up and instead we have Baekhyun.”

“How could he not answer….. He isn't even calling back.” Baekhyun spoke, fist tightened.

“He probably-”

“There's no excuse!” Baekhyun cut off Jaehwan. “We've been here two hours and he still hasn't called back. She could be taking her last breathes and he wouldn't even be here to see her go.”

“Don't talk like that. She'll pull through this, and when she does she can deal with Kihyun on her own. We don't know her condition, but she will pull through.” Jaehwan spoke firmly.

“How is she?” Hoseok asked as Taekwoon walked towards them.

“She's being moved to a room, but only family can see her for the time being.” Taekwoon spoke.

“But how is she?” Kayden asked.

“You should all go home and rest. It's been a long and emotional day. Jaehwan make sure they go home.” Taekwoon spoke, heading off to Aubrey’s room.

“Leave?! I'm not leaving!” Baekhyun and Hoseok called out.

“I'll give you all a ride home.” Jaehwan sighed walking down the hall.

“Let's go.” Kayden spoke as she and Neil followed after Jaehwan.

“I'm not leaving until I see her.”

“Me too. Not until I know how she's doing.” Hoseok agreed with Baekhyun.

“Taekwoon hyung said for us to leave.” Neil spoke, still walking.

“How can we just leave at a time like this?!” Baekhyun argued.

“This is exactly the time we should leave. Did you not see Taekwoon oppa's face? There's a reason he doesn't want us here, so it's better for us to wait until he says everything is okay. We aren't of much use if we're just sitting around here depressed.” Kayden scolded.

“What about Reign?” Hoseok asked.

“She has Minseok and Sehun, she'll be fine. Let's go.” Kayden spoke.

The boys gave one last glance at the direction Taekwoon had gone, before reluctantly following after.


 

《》》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》


 

“Hyung, why are we even here?” Changkyun asked Kihyun.

The two of them had used their day off to relax a little and do some shopping. On the way back to their dorm, Kihyun had asked their manager to stop a small cafe.

“Just reminiscing is all.” Kihyun spoke, running his hands over the chalkboard on the table.

“Isn't this the place you brought Aubrey too?”

“Mhhh….”

“Just go see her or at least turn your phone back on and call her.”

“It's not that simple Changkyun.”

“And why isn't it?”

“Excuse me? I'm sorry, but we're aren't open today.”

“Hyung!” Changkyun whinned.

“Ahh sorry. The door was unlocked and I didn't see the sign” Kihyun bowed as he apologized.

“Are you Kihyun?” the girl asked.

“Ah...yes…..” Kihyun spoke, glancing at Changkyun.

“I never thought i’d get to see you again..”

“Hyung, you know her?” Changkyun asked.

“Do i know you?” Kihyun asked.

“I waited on you and your friend a while back. I never got to introduce myself then, so my apologizes. My names Sienna. My friends and I are huge Monbebe’s.”

“Ohhhh...well thank you for your support. We should really get going.” Kihyun told Sienna.

“Why don’t you stay? Ah...i mean...it would be rude of me to send you out of here without a drink. Besides, when’s the next time you guys get to relax in public, undisturbed?” Sienna asked.

“Hyung, we should really get going..”

“I’m sure one drink won't hurt….” Kihyun spoke, ignoring Changkyun and walking to the outdoor garden to look at the flowers.

 

《》》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

 

Reign meeting her father

 

“You don’t have to go in if you don’t want to.”

“Yeah. you don’t have to do anything you're not ready for.” Minseok confirmed what Sehun had just said.

The three were currently outside of Reign’s father’s hospital room. Reign being extremely hesitant about going inside the room.

“I have to….i need to….” Reign spoke.

Reign took a deep breath before opening the door and walking inside. Sehun and Minseok looked at each other before walking inside, shutting the door behind them.

 

“You're doing considerably well, Mr.Choi. I think we can send you home first thing monday morning.”

“That’s great! Thank you so much doctor!” Mrs. Choi bowed.

“I’ll have the nurse check on you again later.” The doctor bowed, walking past Reign and the boys.

“Reign…” Her father whispered, not believing his daughter was before his eyes.

“I’m glad your alright…..hospitals don't suit you….”

“They don’t suit you either….. You look horrible.” Reign’s mother spoke, handing Reign a cloth to wash her face off, motioning to the bathroom.

Reign quietly took the cloth and walked into the bathroom.

“I’d like you all to leave for a little bit….i’d like to talk to her just the two of us…”

Minseok and Sehun looked at each other skeptically, while Reign’s mother looked at her husband.

“But-”

“I’m already in a hospital bed, it can't get worse than this. I've hurt her far worse and that is what hurts me more than anything….”

“Fine, but don’t raise your voice no matter what. You don’t need another set back.” Reign’s mother said, leaving the room.

“She’ll be fine...i promise. You both don’t have to go far, just out the room is all….”

Minseok and sehun stayed grounded until Reign came out of the bathroom, face cleaned of all makeup.

“It’s fine...i’ll call you if i need you…” Reign spoke, pushing the boys out of the room.

“Here…. Have a seat.”

Reign ignored the spot her father had patted beside himself and sat in the chair next to the bed.

“I’m glad you came...i didn't think you would come….” Reign’s father sighed.

“I didn't plan on it…. My friends though a walk around would do me some good, i never expected to end up in front of your room.”

“Your friends seem like good people.”

“They are. They've stood by me through every decision, good, bad, and stupid, since i've meet them. You could say they're very loyal.” Reign spoke, putting emphasis on the word loyal.

“It’s good to have loyalty, it keeps you grounded.”

“The ground was all i had…..Reality…...no sky….no hope…..just ground….”

“It’s because of me you had no hope….”

“You’re right. It is because of you.You who held no strength to fight.”

“I did fight...i just lost the will to fight. I didn't want to keep dragging your mother into these harsh situations.”

“So you left her?”

“I didn’t leave her…. I just wanted to wait until you were born before taking things further.”

“Taking things further? She was already pregnant, you should have made your move then.”

“I know, and to this day i regret not doing so….your mother…… she was the love of my life…..” Reign’s father spoke, tears in his eyes as he reached for Reign’s hand.

“She waited for you….everyday….she waited….at first i never knew why she was always looking off in the distance, but she was waiting for you….everyday for six years….”

Reign’s father was now heavily crying.

“I’m not telling you to make you feel worse than you probably do, but for you to understand the resentment i've held towards you for all these years. You lived here happily with Minki and that woman, meanwhile I had to watch my mom, wither into nothing, losing herself. You know even on her deathbed, she thought of you. ‘It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.’, that's what she always told me. When I lost a friend, or a pet. I always thought it was stupid. What was the point in in loving if you would end up hurt? I thought it would be better to just to not love at all…...look at me…. Now I'm rambling…”

“Don't ever call your thought and memories, you emotions rambling. They aren't. These are thing I've never known you felt or gone through. I just wish you didn't have to experience such hardships at a young age. I should have been there for you….”

“You should have but I understand. That's why I hope you can understand why I can't stay in this family.”

“Reign!”

“Hear me out. To them I'm your adoptive daughter, Minki’s younger sister. I can't go around living life like that anymore. I'm not your adoptive daughter, I am your daughter. Im Minki’s older sister, not younger. I'll never be able to see that woman as my mother because no-one will ever be able to take the place of my mom.”

“Then who am i to stop you, you're a beautiful, smart, strong, young woman. You should live your life how you choose. Just don't let this affect your relationship with Minki, regardless of who's older or younger, you two have always been close, don't let this comel between you two.”

“I can definitely do that. I've missed him a lot lately.” Reign said, giving a small smile. “I should get going. I'm glad your doing well.” Reign spoke as she gave her father a hug.

“I'll always be here for you…”

“Thanks…” Reign spoke, giving one last look to her father before walking out.

It wasn't hard to find Minseok and Sehun, since they stayed relatively close to the room, while giving the two some privacy.

“Thanks guys. I couldn't- are you two okay? You both look like y'all just seem a ghost.”

“It couldn't be…” Minseok whispered.

“Hyung, i'm sure that was him.”

“Okay, what are you two talking about?” Reign asked again after not getting a coherent answer.

“I think….i think we just saw Kris…..”