Twenty Two

Lotto

 

Past the fantasy spreading white, Mystery lover

Reach out your soft hand and embrace me, Mystery Lover

In beautiful memories, you used to smile, Mystery Lover

You haven’t come back to me but you’re still my, Mystery Lover

 

Image result for kris wu and jessica jung





 

NEW YORK~~~



 

“We can’t keep doing this!” Kris spoke as he paced the apartment.

“Yifan….”

Kris moved the hand off of his shoulder and sat down on the couch. “She deserves better than me.”

“Don’t marry her then. You can stay here….we can be together….. She’s too young to be married. The both of you shouldn’t go through this because you feel obligated to. Marriage is supposed to be a sacred bond between two people.  There's nothing sacred about the two of you getting married.”

“We're doing this for our family's Jessica. I can't just cancel this because you ask me to.” Kris spoke,getting angry that Jessica wasn't understanding why he need to go through with this wedding.

“Then what about me….” Jessica said staring Kris in the eyes.

“Jessica I-”

“I love you. Kris, i've loved you for a long time. Please don't marry her. Please Kris, i don't think i could live with myself if i didn't try and stop you from making a huge mistake. I know you love me. I know you do.” Jessica said placing beside kris on the couch. “If you can look me in the eyes and tell me you don't love me, then you can walk out that door and marry her. I won't stop you, all you have to do is look me in the eyes and tell me you don't feel the same.”

Kris could feel Jessica’s eyes on him, waiting for his answer.

Kris slowly turned to Jessica, letting his eyes rake all over her before his eyes finally met hers.

“Jessica…...I can't…… i love you…..but I can't do this to Aubrey. I'm the reason she's in this mess in the first place.” kris sad placing his face in his hands.

“Kris….” Jessica spoke, taking Kris’s face out of his hands.

“I think i love her too Jess……”Kris said with pleading eyes.

“Then i'll show you that i love you more than she ever could.” Jessica spoke before kissing Kris deeply, laying on top of him as she pushed him down on the couch.


 

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□


 

“All you have to do is call her.”

“That’s easier said than done, Joo.”

“It’s not that hard Ki. It’s not like she’ll tell you no.” Minhyuk said as he grabbed Kihyun’s phone and started looking for Aubrey’s number.

“Come on Ki. it’s your last night as a normal guy. Don’t you want to spend it with her?” Hyunwoo asked.

“Of course i do!”

“Then call her!!!” Changkyun and Hyungwon yelled.

“If you don't, i will.” Hoseok spoke, pulling his phone out.

“How come i can’t find her number? You didn’t save it as Aubrey and you didn’t save it as her korean name.” Minhyuk complained as he struggled to find Aubrey’s number, passing the phone off to Jooheon.

“How could you not find it? Obviously it’s the contact named Sunshine.” Jooheon laughed.

“Shhh it’s ringing.” Hoseok called out.

“Put it on speaker!” Changkyun yelled.

“Don't put her on-”

“Hello.”

“Speaker….” Kihyun finished.

“Hey sunshine!”

“I told you not to call me that.”

“But Kihyun gets to call you that.” Hoseok whinned.

“You’re not Kihyun are you…”

“Told you she like’s you..” Jooheon whispered to Kihyun, gaining snickering from Minhyuk.

“What do you want Ho?”

“Can’t i call and talk to my best female friend in the whole wide world?”

“Okay. Seriously what do you want?”

“You doing anything tonight?”

“Not really.”

“Great! Why don’t you meet us at the spot tonight and we all hang out?”

“Ummm sure that sounds cool.”

“Great. How’s 7 sound?”

“Sounds fine to me.”

“Awesome. And remember no sweats allowed.” Hoseok said to Aubrey, hanging up after hearing her groan into the phone.

“Nice!” Changkyun said as he high fived Hoseok.

“You guys are coming along too?” Kihyun asked hopefully.

“Ofcourse not! That was just to get her to come along. Obviously it’s just going to be the two of you.” Minhyuk beamed.

“What if i mess up?”

“You’ll be fine. What’s the worst that can happen?” Jooheon questioned.

“She can reject me and never talk to me again. Resulting in me losing my friendship with her.”

“But that’s not going to happen. You both have enough respect for each other and to much history for things to go wrong like that. Get confident otherwise she really will reject you. You’ve got 7 hours to figure out how to confess to her.” Hyunwoo spoke, patting Kihyun on the back before leaving the living room.

“I do know that if you don't confess to her, i will.” Hoseok smirked, ending up with a pillow being thrown at him.

“Over my dead body.” Kihyun said glaring at Hoseok.

“Hey! I was just joking….kinda..” Hoseok said with his hands up, running out of the living room before Kihyun could hit him with another pillow.


 

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□


 

Image result for dresses Reign

Image result for minseok

 

“You look fine. It’s not like we’re going to impress anyone.”

“This is your family Reign…”

“Minseok, i really don't care what they think anymore. This is just to please my grandparent’s and even then i don't particularly care.” Reign said smoothing her dress before opening the door for her and Minseok.

“Reign darling! You look as beautiful as ever.” Reign’s grandmother said standing up to hug her.

“Hi grandma…”

“And who might this young man be?” Reign’s grandfather asked walking over with Minki.

“Minseok, sir. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Minseok bowed as he took Reign’s grandfather's hand.

Minki looked between Minseok and Reign, but Reign paid him no attention.

“He’s very handsome Reign. He’s definitely a keeper.”

“Thanks grandma.” Reign said with a genuine smile.

“Why don’t we go relieve your father and help your mother in the kitchen.” Reign’s grandmother said leading her away from the boys.

“How about we look at some pictures?” Reign’s grandfather patted Minseok on the back.

Minseok went to follow after grandfather, when Minki spoke.

“Are you really dating her?” Minki asked.

“I’m here aren't I.” Minseok answered, annoyed by Minki’s question.

Minki looked Minseok in the eye’s, but Minseok never broke contact.

“Maybe you will be the one to fix her heart….” Minki whispered after breaking eye contact and heading over to the love seat.

Minseok eye’d Minki. Did Minki mean for him to hear his words? And if he did mean fix her heart? What exactly happened to her to break her heart?

“Come sit Minseok. 6 year old Reign is just the cutest.” Reign’s grandfather said, waving him over.

“You shouldn’t keep your elder’s waiting.” A man that Minseok could only assume was Reign’s father, spoke, leading him the couch. Minseok sat in between Reign’s father and grandfather, with Minki watching from his seat across from them.

“Why don’t we start with the very first picture of Reign?” Grandfather spoke, opening the picture album to the very first page.

“This is when Reign first came home….”


 

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

 

Image result for man and woman playing piano



 

“This is too hard! I Don’t know how you and Baek oppa can play it.”

“It just takes time Aubs..” Kihyun said, patting Aubrey’s head.

“I’m not a little kid anymore Ki oppa. Don’t call me Aubs anymore.” Aubrey pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Then what would i call you? Should i call you sunshine? Princess?” Kihyun pondered.

“No. Only my dad can call me sunshine and princess.”

“Hmmm.... How about Ace?”

“Mhhhhh….I like it.”

“Alrighty then Ace, let’s start again.”

“But oppa!”

“No but’s. Don’t you want to live up to you new nickname?”

“Mh.” Aubrey nodded slowly.

“And don’t you want to play this for Taek hyung and your dad?”

“Mhhhm!” Aubrey nodded with more enthusiasm.

“Then let’s practice shall we?”

Aubrey nodded as Kihyun sat with Aubrey between him. He placed his hands over top Aubrey’s as he guided her to the right keys.



 

Image result for pool hall


 

jhrddqH_UnP3AZyOhsflL3Zg3SeNJWsllCBAwk-sVZHgJwaQTtel-LELWCOZWWYzEWqCpoJGLnbgNnWTBXlkXDSq1z5_XPVQ4yEiqiqGCucYkDFUSFotT9xqnyvXHO5e0OV_VwEGAubrey

 

_ALJ1egR9LvT6TjWj6KhrI2XeukoXVzGG-qiuO0lgA6z72m7eNurQ8mIkIL56bwHV5OnEtJbnxzoFSzyBv72VhJdvSXiVRsWjWrV71KeR-hQdYc8XPAgL4RdvoP1sX8KkB5UI2Rm

 

“Come on Ki! It’s like you're not even putting up a fight.” Aubrey laughed as she knocked the 8 ball in.

“I am! Pool really isn’t my thing.” Kihyun said as he put his pool stick away.

“We didn’t have to play.” aubrey said feeling guilty.

“It’s fine. I’ll just trip Hoseok as we leave the stage tomorrow.”

“That’s mean Ki. But then again ditching us is mean too.”

“You know he can’t say no when the girls call.”

“He really is a ho.” Aubrey laughed.

Kihyun smiled and laughed along with Aubrey.

“Why don’t we go grab something to eat?” Kihyun asked, helping Aubrey into her jacket.

“I’m not really hungry tho….”

“Mhh.. how about something sweet? There’s this new cafe around the block.” Kihyun offered.

“That sounds great actually.” Aubrey smiled.

Kihyun and Aubrey both headed out of the pool hall. Since  the cafe was only a block away, they both decided to leave their cars and just come back for them afterwards.

Although the walk wasn't long, about half way Kihyun noticed that Aubrey was turning red from the cold. He saw her rubbing her hands together and without thinking, he moved.

Kihyun slowed his pace so he could slide behind Aubrey. In one swift movement he grabbed her hands with his and shoved them in his pocket.

Aubrey stopped in her walking and tried to turn her head over her shoulder to see Kihyun’s face.

“Ki, it’s gonna be had to walk this way.”

“I can’t let you freeze yourself to death.”

“I’m not going to freeze to death.”

“Your face and hands say otherwise. Come on we’re almost there.” Kihyun said, urging Aubrey to face forward and walk ahead.

Aubrey complied and started walking forward again, giving Kihyun the chance to release a breath he didn’t even know he had. He knew his face was red but was it because of the cold or his beating heart, he wondered.

 

AV9SepgUJyh9qK1ay6QJoHYj4fS7pNK9eBXOAdUSI-ww9jqkSw3QKnmclYAPzo4HYnla_n5Zyq-CLll6DsAI2nww3ct_WhEzEjuS5sw_l-qCnRsTR0gtXDqxeNMtUglSdnwCA9s_

 

Aubrey and Kihyun walked into the relatively quiet cafe. The cafe only had a group of college students that were discussing a project.

Kihyun and Aubrey walked over to the counter and looked at all the sweets.

“Wow! There’s so many! “ Aubrey said having a hard time deciding.

“Hello! What can i get for you guys?”

“Aubrey….”

“Mhhhhh….Ummm Cranberry scone and a latte please.” Aubrey spoke, finally coming to a decision.

“I’ll just have a hot chocolate.” Kihyun said, taking his wallet out.

“No, i'm paying.”

“Aubrey, i can’t let you pay.”

“Don’t fight me on this. Think of it as my last gift to the normal guy Kihyun.” Aubrey smiled as she paid the cashier.

“Fine….why don’t you find us a table and i’ll bring the food and drinks over.” Kihyun told Aubrey.

Kihyun watched as Aubrey picked a small table in the back of the cafe.

“Here you go.” The cashier said as she placed everything on the counter.

“Ummm..we  didn’t order these.” Kihyun said, motioning to the passion fruit and pear muffins.

“They’re on the house. I saw your girlfriend looking at them. You two are such a cute couple.” The waiter said before she left the counter.

Kihyun patted his face to get rid of the blush and picked everything up, heading to the table Aubrey picked out.

“Mhhh...You bought the muffins?” Aubrey asked as she took a bite of her scone.

“Ahhh… no she gave them to us.”

“Really?! Wow Ki. You're gonna be a really ladies magnet after tomorrow. You're already getting free things. Did she give you her number too?” Aubrey asked, but Kihyun didn't answer. Instead taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

“So what are you going to do about Baekhyun?”

Aubrey stopped and took a sip of her latte. She hel the latte in her hand, soaking in the warmth, before she spoke.

“I promised Em i’d talk to him.”

“And how do think that’s going to go?”

“To be honest, i don't know.. I don’t think i’m prepared for anything that might come out of his mouth.”

“Will you forgive him?”

Aubrey took her spoon and stirred her latte.

“Will you tell him about your dad?”

Aubrey’s eyes never left her latte.

“Are you nervous about tomorrow? You’re finally going to debut!” Aubrey spoke, finally looking up from her latte.

“I'm more excited than nervous.”

“Well you have worked extremely hard for this. I remember all the vocal lessons you took in school. You really deserve this. Just don’t forget us little people when you’re off being a famous idol.”

“If you talking about you, then know that i’d never forget you.” Kihyun said, pulling Aubrey’s hands into his. “Because you are the most important person in my life. Family doesn’t forget family.”

“You better not! Your like the most stable person i have other than Em right now.” Aubrey smiled before taking a bite of her scone.

“Close your eyes.”

“Huh?”

“Close your eyes.” Kihyun repeated.

“Okay.”

“Don’t open your eyes until i tell you too.” Kihyun said, watching Aubrey close her eyes.

When her eyes were closed, Kihyun waited to make sure her eye’s would actually stay closed.

Kihyun used a few minutes of this time to really look at Aubrey. He admired her features and felt his heart pick up in pace.

Their was a digital screen in the middle of the table that was interactive. Kihyun tapped the button that would activate the chalk board. A few minutes later he was done.

His finger hovered over the erase button, wondering if he really wanted to do this.

“Okay you can open them…”

Aubrey slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the light again.

“Okay Ki, what was that about?”

“Look down……” Kihyun said looking out of the restaurant window.

“.......Kihyun…..”

 

 

Image result for i love you chalkboard



 

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

 

“Reign, i’m really glad you came. Your father really missed having you around.”

“I don’t plan on coming around. I’m only came here for grandma and grandpa.” Reign spoke grabbing her phone off the table.

“Reign don’t be like this. Your father and i love and miss you dearly. You don’t call or text, we have to ask Minki to tell us how you're doing?”

“I don’t need you to know how i’m doing because as long as i’m not in this house i’m fine.” Reign spoke, walking out of the kitchen.

“A coffee shop huh? That sounds like a wonderful idea.”

“Thank’s sir. Being an idol isn’t what i want to do as a career.”

“Well if you ever need help starting up, i’d be more than welcome to help you out son.”

“Thank you so much!” Minseok bowed to Reign’s father.

“Don’t call him son.” Reign spoke from the living room doorway.

“Reign, come join us.”

“Come on Minseok, we should get going.” Reign said, ignoring her father.

The room was silent and Minseok could feel the tension in the air. His eyes scanned over the room. Minki sat in the love seat, staring at his father while his father started at Reign with an indescribable look in his eyes. Minseok also noticed the pained expression in the eye’s of Reign’s mother, as she stood a little ways from Reign.

“Dear, why don’t you box up so dessert for Reign and Minseok to take along with them.”

Reign’s mother simply nodded before she walked back to the kitchen.

Reign’s father stood up and walked to Reign, but every step he took forward, Reign took one back.

“You still can’t forgive me after all these years?”

“Minseok, lets go.” Reign said in an authoritative tone.

“Reign i love you. You have to believe me. I’ve never wanted hurt you, or anyone.”

“But you did! When you picked your side you, you did. And for that i hate you.” Reign spoke deadly, as she her heels grabbing her jacket and walking out the door.

Minseok watched the scene unfold not uttering a word. He grabbed his jacket and chased after Reign, not a word leaving his mouth in the process.

“My little girl…” Reign’s father whispered after Reign left, falling to the ground clutching his chest.

“Dad!”