Three

Lotto

“Why are you following me?” Aubrey asked walking into the gymnasium.
“Because it's been a week since you went on your date and you haven't told me anything.” Kihyun said sitting in the bleachers, watching Aubrey put her knee pads on.
“We met, we ate, we talked, we left.”
“That's it?”
“That's it. God Ki, you make it seem like i should have came out of this in a relationship.”
“Is it too much to ask that you atleast try to move on..” Ki said as Aubrey got up and headed to the floor.
Aubrey stiffened, halting on the stair of the bleacher. She looked over her shoulder at Kihyun.
“You can't force love.” Aubrey spoke loud enough for Kihyun to hear, before heading on the court to start the women in the warm up routine.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

 

“You guys looked really cool up there.” Emily said as Shinee made their way back from the stage.
“But who looked the coolest?” Key asked Emily as he sat in the makeup chair so he could be relieved of his makeup.
“Of course it's you Diva oppa!”
“Yah! How can Key be the coolest? Aren't you supposed to say your awesome, ever so handsome brother is the coolest.” Jonghyun whined taking a seat next to Emily.
“I seriously don't know how i got you for an older brother. All you do is whine. I'll have to ask mom and dad for a replacement, hopefully one that doesn't whine and can cook. Hmmmm….Onew appa, can you adopt me?”
“Of course! Then we can celebrate with chicken!” Onew said ruffling her hair.
“Yah!!! You can't have my sister, get your own.” Jonghyun said grabbing Emily and moving her away from the onew and placing her beside Taemin.
“But your sister is so cute! All i have is 3 dogs. A human to talk to would be a nice change.” A new voice spoke from the door.
“No one can my sister. Not even you Jongin. End of story.” Jonghyun said looking Jongin directly in the eyes. “What are you even doing here?”
“Our schedule got canceled so i decided to visit my best friend.” Jongin said as he and Taemin did their signature bro hug and shake.
“Jongin, this is Emily, hyungs sister.” Taemin introduced.
“Hi. I'm Exo’s Kai, but you can call me Jongin.” Jongin said smiling.
“Don't flirt with my sister, especially since you have a girlfriend.”
“I'm not flirting, just being polite.”
“EXO. ….Kai.. oh are you the group that had 2 members leave?”
“Ahh yeah.” Jongin said half smiling.
“Sorry for the loss of your members. It must have been hard.”
“Awee look at my sister being considerate.” Jonghyun said as he pulled Emily for a hug, that resulted in her pushing him and him being knocked to the floor.
“It was, but we're working through it. We actually have a comeback in a few months, i hope you'll support us.”
“Sure, just know i'm 100% shawol.”
“Im sure once you've entered planet exo, you'll be a EXO-L.”
“Key umma, is it okay if I leave with Jongin?” “ Sure. Just stay out of trouble.”
“Yes hyung.I'm glad Ace isn't here, I don't like people flirting with her.” Taemin said protectively.
“Ace?” Jongin asked.
“Ace is Emily's best friend.” Onew answered.
“She's also my best friend.”
“Crush turned best friend,Minnie” Minho spoke causing everyone to laugh and Taemin to blush slightly.
“Aweee Tae, did you get friendzoned by her?” Jongin asked curiously.
“No she just doesn't date.” Taemin said trying to hide his frustration.
“Hmmmm she does now apparently. You must have not had the right people on your side.” Emily spoke.
“What do you mean?” Key asked, all the boys now curious.
“She went on a date last week. Wouldn't surprise me if they go on another one this weekend, he's really got luck on his side. although, she hasn't said anything about how the date went.”
The room went quiet,digesting everything Emily had just told them. Shinee and Jongin looked over at Taemin.
“She went on a date!?”

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

“Bend your knees more.” Aubrey said to a girl.
“you need to make sure your feet are planted to the ground.” Aubrey said to another girl.
“Watch the ball and call for the ball.” Aubrey said to all the girls surrounding her.
“I'm not supposed to give you critics until the end of try outs, but i want to beat those guys. Scrimmage or not, the guys on the other side if the next are your competition. If you wanna make this team, play like you deserve to.” Aubrey said ending their time out and sending girls back on the court. Aubrey sat down next to Nichkhun with her clipboard as the match resumed and the two captains made notes for the players.
“Nice pep talk but you should just focus on the training you're gonna need your girls.”
“And you need to keep your boys from getting distracted by our assets and focus on the game.” Aubrey said as her eyes never left the court.
“I thought you date would have soften you up, guess not.” Nichkhun laughed.
Aubrey looked over at Nichkhun.
“I over heard Kihyun telling Shownu about how happy he was that you were going to start dating.”
“Shownu?”
“Hyun woo. He's in the same major as me and Kihyun. He's also the aid for the men's team.”
“That's why didn't notice him. He was hanging around the boys. Anyway my personal life is none of your concern.” Aubrey said as she turned back to the match in time to see the boys get the winning point.
The boys cheered as the girls were fuming staring at one girl in particular.


Kim Haeyeon


♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

“Remind me again why I agreed to learn composition?” Reign asked as she sat down on Minki’s bed.
“Because you're a stubborn little that likes having traits up her sleeve. Come here, i'll dry you hair.”
Reign gave Minki her towel.
“Oppa are you guys gonna make a comeback?”
“Hmmmmm… were thinking about it. Right now what matters is that Baekho recovers well, vocal cord polyps surgery is very serious to a vocalist.” Minki said drying her hair.
“But oppa seems fine.”
“He struggles everyday with his vocals. He just doesn't show it, he thinks that he'd be to blame if we didn't make a comeback so he's giving it his all.”
“Then will guys disband….”
“Hmmm...i don't know….” Minki said drying the last strand of hair. “Don't worry about us, did you think of something to do for the drama club?”
“No….” Regin sighed.
“Nothing. Nothing at all.”
“Well i did think about a talent show kinda thing. The performing arts department could do it and give the students that volunteer extra credit, but i don't think people would come specific for the performing arts department.” Reign said as she got in Minki’s bed.
“Then why not make it available to others outside the department?”
“Oppa you're a genius. That's a brilliant idea.”
“I know. Now sleep you can think more about it tomorrow.” Minki said kissing her forehead before turning off the light and leaving the room.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
“Hey Aubrey,can we talk?”
Aubrey locked up the storage room and turned to see 3 of the upper class men behind her.
“Sure whats up?”
“We don't think that Haeyeon should make the cut.” Joo mi spoke.
“Why is that?” Aubrey asked giving the girls her full attention.
“She's isn't good at all. We lost because of her.” Bi na spoke up.
“She’s never played before, she'd ruin every chance of winning we have this year.”Sojung complained.
Aubrey let out a small chuckle.
“We? Who said you girls made the team? I surely didn't. Being on the team last year means nothing to me. I didn't pick you then. But i so choose now, and i'll tell you i have a low tolerance for not having showmanship. That lose out their wasn't just Haeyeon’s fault, it was everyone on that courts fault. And if this was a real match it'd be mines as well seeing as i'm your active coach. I want 3 laps from you each. Go.”
At Aubrey's words they walked into the gym and began their laps. Aubrey waited for the 3 to finish before she gave her closing remarks and said that she would let everyone know their results by Monday evening.
The girls dispersed and Aubrey made her way to the bleachers to find Kihyun and a kid talking. Aubrey just opened her bag, took off her knee pads and started to put her warmup outfit back on.
“Nice coaching out there.” Aubrey looked up and raised her eye at the boy.
“Don't mean mug him. His names Hyun woo.” Kihyun said introducing the two.
“Ohhh you're the men's aid.”
“Correction, was the men's aid.”
“Why did you quit?”
“To be an idol like me!” Kihyun said proudly pushing his chest out.
“Byeee Ki, i wasn't talking to you.” Aubrey said picking up her dufflebag.
“Like i care. So the boys and I are going out, you in?”
“I'll pass.”
“Come on. You never go!”
“The club just isn't my thing.. but have a shot for me. Later.” Aubrey called as she left the gym, heading towards her dorm.
Aubrey had just walked out the building when she heard people talking. Being curious, Aubrey walked close enough to hear and not be seen.
“You should just give up.”
“Yeah, there is no way you're going to make the team.”
“The team is for those with smarts, beauty, and talent. You lack all 3.”
Aubrey recognized the voice as Bi Na, Sojung, and Joomi.
The 3 continued to verbally attack Haeyeon.
The 3 finally left and Haeyeon walked in the other direction.
Aubrey walked back to her dorm. She thought about everything that had just happened. She realized that she needed to do something, but the question now was what to do.