Seventeen

Lotto

Image result for winter outfits girls Reign

Related image Emily

 

“You sure you don't want to come?” Reign asked Aubrey.

“Positive. I’m not going back there, i’d rather hang out with T.O.P.” Aubrey said rolling her eyes.

“There’s nothing wrong with him.” Emily spoke, wrapping her scarf around herself.

“I have my reasons….anyway you guys have fun at your meetings and tell the boys i said hello. And if you could tell them i’m sorry about my behavior at the party.”

“You were kinda rude to them….”

“I wouldn’t have been rude to them had i had a chance to prepare myself for where i was going.” Aubrey glared at Reign.

“Had i told you, you wouldn’t have come.”

“Exactly.”

“Okay...we're leaving…. Aubrey please don’t sit in front of the computer all day, the email isn’t going to come any faster with you sitting there.” Emily said breaking up Reign and Aubrey’s conversation.

“I didn’t plan too……..okay maybe i did….i’m just really nervous… i've been working towards this internship for so long.” Aubrey said, refreshing her email.

“And your hard work is exactly the reason why you’ll get that internship. Close your computer and start packing your stuff, we do leave for break tomorrow.”

“......I am packed.”

“You call that packed?” Reign spoke, pointing at the pile of dirty clothes laying on Aubrey side of the room.

“You all that packed?” Aubrey replied, pointing at the stacks of hats littered all over Reign’s side of the room.

“Seriously..we're leaving…. Do whatever you want, just don’t stare at your computer the entire day. We’ll bring back an ice cream cake to celebrate.” Emily said pushing Reign out the room and shutting the door behind them.

Aubrey watched as Emily shut the door. Aubrey turned back to her computer and refreshed her email.

“Nothing…..” Aubrey sighed.

Aubrey closed her computer, turning to look at her dirty clothes on the floor and clean clothes on her bed.

‘I’m not doing this by myself…’ Aubrey thought as she picked up her phone.

She saw Kihyun’s number and stopped on it.

‘But what if he's busy training…..’

Aubrey decided not to call Kihyun because she didn’t want to be a distraction to him and kept scrolling until she hit a particular name.

 

Yifan.

 

“It’s not like he’s doing anything….” Aubrey said as she pressed the call button.

 

It rang a couple times before the other line was answered.

 

 

“Are you doing anything right now?”

“Not really. Why?”

“I’m bored and i have all my clothes to pack……”

“Let me guess. You want me to come help?”

“Please. You can consider this practice.”

“Practice?”

“Yeah. We can’t get married if you do carry to my every need.”

“Babe.”

“I was joking….kinda...within reason….but seriously, come help me.”

“Like i can say no to you.”

“You could but you’d never hear the end of it, especially with your mom on my side.”

“My mom, your mom, and you brother.”

“You got two out of three right.”

“He is on your side. You should really talk to him.”

“He’s not. He knew about this and didn’t say anything to help me or you stop this wedding when we opposed it.”

“But it’s not really his say in the matter is it? Just talk to him.”

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore….”

Both lines went silent at her words. Conversation started a couple minutes later when Kris spoke up.

“Have you eaten yet?”

“No.”

“I’ll bring food then. See you in a hour.”

“Okay..” Aubrey spoke.

They said their goodbyes and hung up.

“Guess that gives me enough time to shower..”

Aubrey got up from her chair and grabbed her shower caddy, towel, and key. She walked out the room and shut the door making sure she heard the click from the door locking.

 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 

“Emily, you’ll only appear in the video for the dance. You’ll be dancing with Eunhyuk, i hope that's okay. I know the is way more than usual.” The director said to Emily.

“No that’s fine. I just hope i don't hold him back, i haven't danced in a while….”

“That’s fine. If you don’t understand something or need to do something over, just tell me. I promise to take good care of you.” Eunhyuk said to Emily from the other side of the table.

“Donghae will be around as well to help you out, so don’t hesitate to ask him too.” The director spoke looking at Emily.

“Thanks. I hope i can make you all happy with my work.” Emily said as she got up and bowed.

“Woah! So polite. You could would never be able to tell she was Jonghyun’s sister if you didn’t already know.” Heechul spoke.

“I’ll take that as a complement.” Emily said with a small smile.

“It’s great that you're all getting along. I have another meeting to get to, so you guys are done. I’m sure you have free time before your schedule starts, Eunhyuk, you and Emily should get comfortable with one another.”

“Yes sir.” Eunhyuk saluted the director as he walked out the room.

“So tell us more about yourself Emily.” Leeteuk spoke.

“Ummm well….Im 20, i major in english, i play soccer, the past few months months i’ve been Exo’s english teacher. My best friend is going to be in Boa’s music video, so we came here together. She, along with my other best friend, is related to an idol, so i'm close with the members of Vixx and Nu’est. Although i'm aot closer to the members of Vixx since i’ve known them longer.”

“I’m surprised Jonghyun let you get so close to other male idols.” Siwon commented.

“It wasn’t easy. He always wanted to come with me or i’d have to video call him every 15 minutes. If it wasn't for Key i would have gone nuts.”

“Key is reasonable. He’s had to calm him a number of times, they really complement each other.” Kyuhyun spoke.

“Yeah. Only Key can convince him he’s done wrong. The life of a married couple.”

“Guess that’s what you have to look forward to.” Donghae spoke, patting Sungmin on the back.

“You're getting married?”

“Yeah. It’s actually why we decided to have a comeback. I’ll be getting married and after the wedding a lot of the members will be leaving for their service.”

“Wow, congrats. I guess there's a lot riding on this comeback then. I promise i won't let you guys down.” Emily said, feeling more determined than ever to make the dance for the music video perfect.

 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 

“Sorry i'm late. The meeting With Suju went longer than expected.” The director spoke as he walked to his seat at the head of the table.

“It’s fine. They do have three music videos to prepare for. It gave me time to talk to Reign about my ideas for the video since she’ll be the actress.”

“Great! So Reign, do you have any question’s?”

“Not really. I do know i’ll be acting with two different males. Have they been decided yet?”

“They haven’t. We’re still looking into our option’s. We want the reaction’s to look real, so you won’t know who they are until you film with them.”

“Okay….then i don’t really have anything to ask.”

“Fabulous. We’ll contact you with more information such as shooting location and times as soon as they males have been chosen.”

“Okay. I can’t wait to work on this project with you all and i hope you’ll guide me in the right direction.” Reign spoke confidently.

“I’m sure you’ll do great. I’m glad they picked you to be in the video.” Boa spoke to Reign.

The director left shortly after and the girls continued to talk, even exchanging numbers. Boa had a fitting, so she left before Reign. She had offered to walke Reign out, but Reign declined saying she would see herself out.

Reign walked the opposite direction of Boa. She was going to leave when she thought of Minseok.

‘Maybe he’s here…..I could clear up this misunderstanding…’ Reign thought to herself.

Before she knew it, she was standing outside of Exo’s practice room.

‘You can do this. Deep breath and open the door.’ Reign though, hand on the handle.  

“Reign! What are you doing here?” Sehun asked as he Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked up to her.

“OH. I thought i’d come visit you.” Reign lied.

“Really?” Sehun asked.

“You never come to visit me. You treat Sehun like he’s special.”

“He is special. Besides i actually like him.”

Sehun and Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol’s dumbfounded face.

“You really don’t like me?”

“Anyway… Baekhyun what are you doing in like two weeks?”

“Um nothing why?”

“I think in two weeks would be the perfect time to set you up with Aubrey. I even got Kihyun to help me.”

“Kihyun?”

“He’s her best friend. He’ll get her to where ever you decide to have your date at, so you better get planning.”

“Does he know that your setting her up with me?”

“No. He’d never agree if he knew you were an idol from SM. He hates SM as much as she does. He just knows that i have someone that i want her to meet, so you better have a amazing date planned.”

“I’ll try my best.” Baekhyun said scratching his head in thought.

Just them Reign’s phone went off, indicating she had a new message on her phone. She pulled out her phone and saw she had three different messages. One from Emily as well as her brother and her father.

 

Minki: We need to talk.

 

Father: Come home for Christmas this year…..

 

Lady Em: I forgot i had another meeting so i'm leaving first. Go to Exo’s practice room. Minseok already agreed to give you a ride home.

 

Reign ignored the first two text and replied back to Emily.

 

Becareful. Make sure you get Aubrey’s cake. I’ll see you back at the dorm.

 

Reign looked at the first two text messages. She sighed and put her phone back in her bag.

“We should probably stop standing in the hall and go in.” Reign spoke opening the door to the practice room.

 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 

Related image Aubrey

Related image

 

“I’ve never seen so many sweats in my life and that’s saying alot since i was in a boy group.”

“What did you expect from an athlete?”

“Do you girls go out clubbing or something?”

“I don’t go clubbing. It’s not my style.” Aubrey responded before taking another fork full of pasta into .

“Glad you like my cooking.”

“You wish this was your cooking. I know you can’t cook.Your lucky i know how to cook.”

“If not we could have take out or go out. We could even get a private chef.”

“Private chef my . You’d be in cooking classes.”

“Unless you wanna pay for damages, it’s better if i don't go.” Kris said, making Aubrey laugh. “Seriously though. Why don’t you go out from time to time?”

“Like i said, it’s not my style.”

“You don’t know until you try it.”

“I’d rather not, but i’ll keep that in mind. No like it matter’s, you can’t really go clubbing when you're married.”

“We don’t have to get married. We can find a way out.”

“The chances of us finding a way out within the next six months is slim to none.”

“You said it yourself, slim to none. There could still be a way out, we just have to look for it.”

“I don’t want to look for it. Even if we found it, we don’t know what the outcome of it will be, not to mention the sacrifices someone would have to make.”

“Don’t you think you're already sacrificing enough already?I know about you being accepted as a trainee.”

“Who told you?”

“Don’t glare at me. Your mom told me. She was showing me baby pictures and what to expect from you in this marriage.”

“I’m glad you have expectations.” Aubrey said rolling her eyes.

“I’m serious. How can you just give up on your dream?”

“I didn’t give up. I just replaced it with another dream. One that had more of a chance to come true.”

“How do you know that debuting wouldn’t come true?”

“I knew debuting would come true. I didn’t want what would come after. Can we not talk about this.”

“Okay. That’s fine, you don't want to talk about that. Let’s talk about your current dream. I know i was wrong to say it the first time, but what if you really can’t join the olympic team? What if you don’t get this internship? You’re graduating next semester and you don’t have a backup plan. All you have is getting married to me.”

Aubrey sat in silence, letting everything he said sink in.

“Your right. All i have for sure is marrying you. You better have a plan then. Your job will be to support me. While you do that, i’ll figure things out. Hopefully it doesn’t ever have to come down to that.”

“Six months. We have six months to be normal, to wrap up any loose ends.”

“Six months and we’ll be walking down the aisle with no turning back……”

Kris gave Aubrey’s hand a squeeze. Aubrey laid her head on Kris’s shoulder.

“I haven’t told my friends yet….”

“Don’t rush telling them,tell them when it’s right.”

“So after the wedding?” Aubrey smirked.

“Preferably before. I’m sure you’d want Emily and Reign to be in the wedding as well as Kihyun.”

“I don’t think Kihyun would come watch me being given away to you. We've been together since the beginning. He’s my rock. He’s always been my protector. That’s what scares me more than anything. 20 years of friendship down the drain.”

“I’m sure Kihyun wouldn’t abandon you just because you got married. He’s a true friend to you….”

“I really hope so….i don’t know what i’d do if Kihyun wasn’t by my side anymore.”

 

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 

“Emily?! What are you doing here?” Jaehwan asked, surprised, as he let Emily in.

“I’m here to see Taekwoon oppa.”

“He had to leave, but i’m sure he’ll be back anytime soon. Here! Let me take your coat.”

“Who’s at the door?” Hakyeon asked, walking from the living room.

“Emily’s here for Taekwoon.”

“Emily! How are you?”

“I'm good oppa.”

“Since Taekwoon isn’t here how about i make you some hot chocolate?” Hakyeon offered.

“Um...sure…” Emily agreed, following Hakyeon and Jaehwan into the kitchen.

“School’s going well for you right? I know you guys have finished your exams.” Hakyeon asked, grabbing the hot chocolate box out the cabinet.

“I actually have one more exam, but it’s just field practice so i’m sure i’ll be okay thanks to teaching Exo english the last few months.”

“Ahhh… so will you still have to teach them english during the holidays?”  Jaehwan asked, taking the seat beside Emily.

“No. They’ll be getting ready for a comeback in February I believe.”

“That’s good. You’ll behave to rest a little before the next semester. Reign said you were really excited about the greek mythology class you're taking.” Hakyeon said pulling the kettle off the hot burner.

“Not much rest. I’m actually dancing in one of Super Junior's upcoming video’s, so i’ll probably spend most of my time at the company or at Shinee’s dorm.”

“Woah! Em in a music video. You’ve really grown up.”

“I’m literally a year and 5 days younger than you. I’m not grown, just matured. You on the other hand, have grown immensely.” Emily spoke, indicating Hyuk’s growth spurt in the past 3 years.

“She’s got you there.” Jaehwan told Hyuk who took the other seat next to Emily.

“She definitely is mature. Way more so than the other two.” Hakyeon spoke, placing the hot chocolate in front of Emily.

“Their just mature in different ways. Reign is mature in handling real life. She tries to set everything straight, she’s a personal mature. Aubrey is more focused on school. She has goals set for herself and never seems to get personal. She’s a professional mature.”

“Reign is professionally mature. Even though it’s just us she’s helping manage, she takes it very seriously.” Hakyeon defended.

“But that’s because she’s doing this as an internship. She’s not taking this as serious as she would if she didn’t know you or had she gotten the job on her own accord.” Emily said before sipping her hot chocolate.

“Maybe we should fire her?” Hyuk suggested.

“We’re not firing her.” Hakyeon said smacking Hyuk upside his head.  

“You probably won’t have to. She’s supposed to be auditioning for YG in like a week.”

“WHAT!!!”

“She didn’t tell you i take it?” Emily said looking at Hakyeon.

“Why wouldn’t she tell me that? I thought we could tell each other everything. She even told me about her mom…..”

“What’s wrong with her mom?” Emily asked, wide eyed.

“We’re back!” Hongbin yelled as the front door closed.

Taekwoon said nothing after taking his shoes and coat off and walked into the kitchen where he heard hushed voices.

“Sorry….” Taekwoon said to Emily as he walked in the kitchen.

“It’s fine. Oppa made me some hot chocolate. Plus it’s been awhile since i’ve seen them.”

“As long as they haven’t annoyed you.” Taekwoon said looking at Hakyeon.

“I’d take him over Reign and Aubrey bickering any day.”

“See.” Hakyeon said, sticking out his tongue.

Taekwoon rolled his eyes and lead Emily out the kitchen and towards his room, passing Hongbin on the way.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Emily asked.

“.....I want you to make sure that Reign doesn't do anything stupid.”

“In terms of Bre?”

“I know Reign means well, but Aubrey has enough going on right now.”

“Well Reign has a plan to hook Bre up with with Baekhyun.”

“SHE WHAT!” Taekwoon yelled.

“At least I know you can raise your voice.” Emily said, rubbing her ear.

“No. She doesn’t need that as a distraction in her life. She’s getting m-” Taekwoon spoke before he stopped, realising what her was about to say.

“She’s what?”

“....She’s getting out of her shell more. Dating could be a set back to her new found confidence.Especially with the results of her internship still being unknown and he training for her tournament and the olympic team.”

“I guess you're right, but can i do? She already got Kihyun to agree to help her.”

“He’s helping her?”

“Yeah. she guilted him into doing it for Aubrey’s happiness.”

“So he’s just going to help Reign set her up with an idol from SM?”

“He doesn’t know he’s from SM. All Reign told him is that he had a guy that she thought would suit Aubrey.”

Taekwoon paced back and forth in his room.

“No matter what, Aubrey is not to meet him. He’s a major set back that she doesn’t need right now. Tell Kihyun to not take her anywhere near SM or guy’s from SM. I trust Shinee and I trust Yixing and Joonmyeon, but that’s it.”

“I get that you're her brother and that you're just looking out for her and want what’s best, but i don’t really want to be involved in this.I listen to everything Reign says and if Aubrey needs someone, i’m always here. I don’t want to mess with anyone's personal life, since i can’t even handle my own….”

“Emily...I’m sorry. I should have had you meet me outside the dorm.”

“It’s fine. It’s not like i can avoid him for the rest of my life.” Emily waved off.

“.....How are you holding up?”

“I’m fine, i guess. We didn’t really see each other when i started school anyway with his schedule and mines clashing. First loves always hold a soft spot in your heart, I understand him.”

“What about your heart?”

“It’s soft. He was my first live after all. It’s okay, im tough. My heart will be strong in no time. I should get going. I’m supposed to buy a cake to celebrate Aubrey’s internship. I’ll see you later, okay.” Emily said as she left the room, giving Taekwoon no time to respond.

Emily walked past the other boys and straight for her jacket and shoes. It was only after she put on her coat that she noticed his presence beside her.

“What?”

“I’ll walk you out since it’s dark outside.”

“There’s no need, i’ll be fine on my own.”

“I insist.”

“Suit yourself.”Emily spoke as she walked out the dorm.

The elevator ride was quiet. Emily pulled out her phone and texted Reign and Aubrey that she was leaving her meeting and would be on her way to the dorm shortly. The elevator dinging and Emily put her phone inside her pocket again.

“How’s classes?”

“Good….How’s filming?”

“Good….”

“That’s great. Look, there’s my car. See you around.” Emily spoke speeding up towards her car.

“Can we not be like this?”

“You made us like this.”

“I’m sorry Emily…..”

“You really are. Why would you think that after everything that’s happened, that we could just go back to being normal friends. None of this is normal. You have no idea how bad you’ve hurt me. I let you go because i know what it’s like to still be in love with your first love, so please stop. Don't call me anymore. Don’t text me anymore. Don’t ask Reign and Aubrey about me. You lost your right to know how i'm doing. Pay attention to your girlfriend and not me. You gave her a second chance, don’t start regretting it now.” Emily said.

She walked got inside and sped off, trying to keep her tears from blurring her vision.

 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 

“Thanks for the ride.” Reign spoke to Minseok after 10 minutes of silence in the car.

“It’s no problem. Emily asked so it was no problem.

“So if i asked you’d say no?”

“”If you asked, i'd tell you to call that Joo fellow.”

“Jooheon. Why would i call him?”

“Why would a guy let his girlfriend drive around with another guy?”

“Look about the amusement park. You've got the wrong idea. Me and Jooheon aren’t dating.

It wasn’t a date. We were there with s, as well as Emily and Aubrey.”

“...Okay…..And?” Minseok asked, never taking his eye’s off the road.

“......And?...... And nothing….I Just wanted you to know that i’m not dating him. I don’t want people getting the wrong idea.”

“Oh! You mean Sehun.”

Reign remained quiet.

‘I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea…...Wait….Why should i care if he thinks i'm dating Jooheon…’ Reign thought.

Reign was pulled out of her thoughts when she hear her phone go off multiple times.

 

Lady Em: Heading back to the dorm after i get this cake so we can get our fat on!

 

Father: Think of your mother…..Please come home for christmas this year……

Reign sighed and put her phone back in her bag. She shifted in her seat and looked outside the window.

Reign remained quiet the rest of the ride to the dorm.

“Well…. Thanks again for the ride.” Reign spoke getting out the car.

“Hey! Are you okay?”

“Um..yeah…”

“Look if you need someone to talk to i'm here.”

“Thanks… but i'm fine really…. Have a safe ride back.” Reign sad with a small smile before she shut the car door and headed towards her building.

Reign had just pressed the button for her floor in the elevator when her phone went off again. Reluctantly, she pulled her phone out her bag.

 

Baozi: If you can’t tell that non boyfriend of your what’s wrong, you can tell me.

 

Reign knew exactly who was texting her, as she had heard members of Exo calling Minseok Baozi before.

 

Shouldn’t you be driving right now?

 

Baozi: Red light. XP

 

Reign laughed as she got off the elevator on her floor.

“I’ve never seen your side of the room so clean.” Reign spoke shutting the room door behind her.

“We’ll when you spend all day trying not to look at your computer, you can get a lot done. I just have to put it in my car tomorrow.”

“Dang. Your really were productive.”

“What can i say.” Aubrey shrugged, not revealing that she had help from Kris who had left an hour ago.

“Em, said she’ll be back soon with your cake.”

“Great. I’m going to need it. I got the email about an hour ago and i've been dying with anticipation.”

Anticipate no more. Lady Emily is back and she brings cake.” Emily said putting the cake box down on the desk before going back to shut the door.Image result for ice cream cake

“What are you waiting for? Go open that email!” Reign cheered as Emily peeled of her shoes and jacket.

Aubrey sat down in her desk chair and pulled up her email. Aubrey took a deep breath before clicking on the email.

Emily and Reign were worried by the sudden silence. They couldn’t if it was a good silence or a bad silence. The two look at each other be fore Reign spoke.

“So what does it say?”

“It says I didn’t get the internship…..”