Five

Lotto

“Do you really need to go?” Emily asked, watching Aubrey stuff her things into her suitcase.
“Yes Em. It's not like i'm going and never coming back. I'll be back by time you get outta class monday evening.” Aubrey said zipping the suitcase.
“But that's so far away!”
“You're not leaving me with her whining. Fix her.”
“Sorry Reign, only one who could deal with her is Hongbin and she refuses to talk to him right now.” Aubrey spoke while putting her shoes on.
“Still!? Em it really isn't that bad. Just go talk to him.”
“For you and Aubery, it isn't that bad. For me it is. For three years it's been the two of us. He's busy and i'm busy we both understand this. So we both hold honesty in high regards. For him to not tell me that he accepted a drama that could physically harm him, with his ex girlfriend of all people, is really unacceptable.”
“Wait! That girl is his ex girlfriend?” Reign asked.
“Yeah, they dated all through middle school. She moved to a different high school so they broke up at the end of summer.” Emily sighed.
“Is that why he wrote Error?” Aubrey asked to receive a nod from Emily.
“And i gave him the benefit of the doubt. Don't talk to him, he's a jerk. Break up with him! I'll break every bone in his skinny little body.”
“REIGN! Don't encourage her to do that! Em, don't listen to her. I how you feel being lied to about a serious matter, but i also understand Hongbin.”
“You understand him?” Reign scoffed.“What he did shouldn't be understandable.”
“I'm not saying that it is, but i understand not having the chance to explain, to not be listened to. Hongbin cares about you, and if you care about him or you ever did you'd listen to him.” Aubrey as she got off Emily's bed. “Hopefully you guys talk this out before I come back. Reign, no funny business. You know exactly what I mean, i'd elaborate but if i don't leave now i'll miss my flight.”
“No promises…”
“She won't! Have a safe flight..”
“And make sure you meet a tall and mysterious guy.”
Aubrey and Emily looked at Reign.
“Why tall and mysterious?” Emily asked.
“Because he'd get along with Taekwoon oppa, gaining his approval, and Aubrey would totally be able to date him.”
The girls laughed.
“I'll keep my eyes opened but i doubt i'll find anyone….. Bye guys!” Aubrey said closing the door.
“Byeee!” the two girls yelled together.
“Well, now that she's gone what do we do?”
“Well, oppa said he wants me to stop by the practice room and watch them….”
“Well we better get dressed then!” Reign spoke running to her closet.
“You always get excited to visit the company.”
“Because!” Reign said, throwing clothes onto her bed.
“Because….”
“Because there's a chance i could run into Minseok….” Regin blushed.
“You like Minseok oppa!? Why didn't you tell me.”
“It's not like i'm going to pursue him, i just want him to the think i look nice….. you know if he ever sees me….”
“Im sure i can arrange that.” Emily said walking out of the room.
“You will do no such thing!!” Reign yelled, but it was too late, Emily had already left.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

“I'll be fine, seriously. I'm just going to the bathroom.”
“It's not you i'm worried about.” Emily replied.
“Bathroom and back, promise! Scouts honor.” Reign said leaving the room.
“Was she really a scout?” Jonghyun asked.
“No...Never…”

》》》》》》》》》》》》

“Well Miss Jung, do you have any questions for us?” the head of the marketing department asked.
“Around when will we hear our results?”
“You should hear back in December. That when the final candidates will be announced. Then we'll monitor your spring semester before we pick the final 3 for the internships.”
“Ahh… i see…. Then i look forward to hearing from you.”
“And we look forward to seeing you again. It was a pleasure meeting you.” The Director of the company spoke as he shook Aubrey's hand.
Aubrey took her leave and headed out the room and out the building.
“Everyone's probably busy….” Aubrey said thinking of everyone back in korea as she walked the streets.
Aubrey walked into a small coffee shop and order a Caramel Frappuccino to go. After paying and receiving her drink, Aubrey head back to the streets. She happened to walk across a bridge that led to a small park.
“... Watch out!”
Aubrey turned just in time to see a stray basketball coming right towards her. Unfortunately it was to late, Aubrey fell to the ground as the ball collided with her, spilling her drink all over.
“Yeah. Fine… just peachy….” Aubrey said getting up.
“Here, so you can clean your self.” a young boy said, handing Aubrey a towel.
“Xi Jin, what do you say to this lady?”
“Sorry.” Xi Jin said bowing.
“Go on back to the others…… Are you alright?” the man asked after Xi Jin had returned to the other kids.
“I'm sticky and dirty but other than that i'm fine.”
“I'm sorry about this. He's still learning.”
“Are they all learning?” Aubrey asked looking at the other kids on the basketball court.
“Yeah. They're all apart of ‘Extraordinary Honorary court’.”
“What's that?”
“Its for middle school students that like basketball and want to pursue it one day.”
“That sweet. Sports are good for kids. Can turn someone's life around too.” Aubrey spoke, smiling and looking at the kids.
“Did it turn your life around?”
Aubrey stopped looking at the kids and looked at the man beside her.
“Yeah it did…. Um.. i should probably leave now…. I really need to change..” Aubrey said getting ready to leave.

 

“Wait!.....why don't' you stay? I have an extra pair of clothes, and you could join us too. I'm sure the kids would like it…..”
“I don't wanna be a burden. Besides i don't even know how to play.”
“Then i'll teach you, I'm sure you're not that bad. Come on what do you say?”
Aubrey looked at the man in front of her who and just asked her to stay. He was tall, mysterious, and he was handsome. It wasn't like she was in a hurry to get back, it wasn't as if she had any other plans. Plus she did promise her brother that she'd get outta her comfort zone and try something different.
“Sure...why not.”
“Great! Come on and i'll get those clothes for you to change into.”

》》》》》》》》》》
“It's a shame she's psycho, she's pretty cute.”
“Yah, this isn't the time to flirt with a girl.” the older boy said, hitting the younger.
“Not everyone can be you and jongin. Some of us would rather not die alone like Minseok and Junmyeon.
“Yah!!!” Minseok and Junmyeon yelled.
“Okay one, i'm not psycho, Em can prove that when she gets here ……. Two, thanks! It took two and a half hours to pick out.” Reign said smoothing out her skirt.


“Because this is the bathroom….Reign i swear i can't let you go anywhere on your own.” Emily spoke as she walked into the room, Shinee following not to far behind.
“I did go to the bathroom! When i came out i couldn't remember what practice room you guys were in. I picked the wrong one, because this idiot started talking about how I'm probably a fan that broke in. He even said i was psycho.”
“I hate to break it to you, but she isn't psycho Sehun.”
“You really know her?”
“Unfortunately, yes i do. I apologize for the trouble that she's caused. I also apologize for the headache that she will cause if she hasnt already have.”
“Hey! I'm not that bad!”
“Right, just like oppa and i were born with cooking in our blood.” Emily said causing everyone to laugh, easily breaking the tension. “We'll I'll get her out of your hair. I'll see you guys on monday.”
“Monday?”
“Oh yeah….well since you've met them, i might as well tell you. My internship is here, and my job is to help them better their english.”

》》》》》》》》》》

“I take it back. You are that bad.”
“Told you.” Aubrey laughed as she sat on the bench, opening the bottle he had given her.
The kids parents had already picked them up, leaving the two of them.
“Thanks for attempting to teach me. I had a lot of fun making a fool out of myself.”
“No, thank you. Usually the kids aren't easy going, they take learning very seriously. Because of you they had more fun, so thank you.”
“You're very welcome….. I should probably get going, it's getting late.” Aubrey said getting up off the bench.
“Hey do wanna grab something to eat?”
“Together?”
“Yeah…. It's the least i can do since you did get hit with a basketball under my watch.”
“Ummm i'm kinda sweaty still. I'll have to pass, thanks though.”
“Then how about we meet up later. That way you can freshen up.”
“You really want to see to stay in my presence don't you?”
“You do make it hard to just walk away.”
“What makes you think I'm worth being around? It might be better to just walk away now and save yourself the trouble.”
“Then i'll take a chance. I haven't known you long but i know that you're worth it. And i don't plan on letting you walk away from me without knowing that i'll see you again.”

》》》》》》》》》》

“You're still mad about her date?” Emily asked Taemin. They had all decided to go out to eat and had just finished giving their orders when Taemin started asking about Aubrey, surprisingly for the first time that night.
“Of course. Even though it may not look like it, i really think of her as a my best friend. A sister really.”
“You're right, it doesn't.” Reign spoke earning a smack from both Key and Emily
“It may seem like i'm jealous, but i'm really protective of her. I don't want her to get hurt again, that's why I was surprised when you said she had went on a date. She said she didn't believe in love, and that she wouldn't date unless it was inevitable.”
“She doesn't believe in love?” Emily repeated.
“Exactly why would she not believe in love?” Jinki asked.
“All i know is something happened that made her not want to be close to guys anymore. Kihyun said he was really surprised that she decided to let us get close enough to her.”
“Then we should make it our mission to find her a guy that can make her believe again.” Minho spoke.
“Yeah! If she's still single after her date, it mean that the guys was lacking. I can have tons of single friends.”
“Of course you do diva oppa! Singles keep other singles sane.”
“You better meet a lot of single friends because you'll be single the rest of your life.” Jonghyun said to Emily.
“To bad she already has a boyfriend.” Taemin blurted out.
“SHE WHAT!?” Jonghyun said spitting out his water.
Emily glared at Taemin. She didn't want him to find out this way, especially since she had yet to talk to Hongbin. She knew Jonghyun had seen the articles involving Hongbin and his ex, so he definitely wouldn't take this lightly at all.
“So who is he exactly?” Jonghyun asked folding his arms. “And for how long?”
“Ummm, well….” Emily said biting her lip.
“Hey! I didn't know you guys were going to be here as well.” Yixing said as he walked over to the table.
“He is….. technically we're still at the get to know each other phase, so you don't have much to be mad about.” Emily gulping, hoping he'd buy what she had just said.
Jonghyun turned and looked at Yixing. This gave Emily the chance to mouth to Yixing to go along with the plan.
“Ahhh… yeah… i just asked her if she wanted to hang out. That's it. Id ask you if i wanted to take the next step.” Yixing said to Jonghyun.
Jonghyun a smile grace his face.
“I'm just happy it's you. Id I rather have you dating my little sister than anyone else. I'll still kill you if you hurt her.”
“I have no intention to. Thank you for supporting our relationship. I should probably get back to the guys. I just wanted to say hi. Oh and Emily..”
“Hmmmm?”
“You look really nice today. You should dress casually all the time.” Yixing said before leaving the table.

 


“Yixing is good people. If anyone can date my sister it's him. But let me know if he ends up like Hongbin.”
Key and Emily both spilled their drinks.
“Aish! You two are so clumsy.” Jonghyun said helping Emily dry herself.
Emily and Key exchanged glances.
‘What am i going to do now?” Emily asked Key, but he just shrugged.
‘I'm screwed….”