Six

Lotto

 

“Your back from class early.” Reign said to Emily as she walked into the room.
“It ended early. Why aren't you in class?” Emily asked, dropping her backpack on the desk chair.
“Canceled. I only have to go to the club meeting tonight. Anyway….. enough about me, let's talk about you! Have you thought of a way to get yourself out of this mess?”
Emily sighed. “No i haven't. And to make matters worse. Someone told my boss, now i have to go meet with him and explain what's really going on.”
“I hate to make matters worse but, your phone's been ringing off the hook. I've never heard ‘Ring Ding Dong’ so many times in my life.”
Emily laughed and grabbed her phone of the bookshelf. She left it there this morning when she put her books in her bag.

Red Beans 🌱: I know you're avoiding me…. Please just answer the phone…..or call me…… i'm free today… I'll be at the dorm all day… please don't avoid me…..i miss you….

Emily sighed.

I’ll come by later….

After sending her reply she closed her phone and sat on her bed.
“Me and my mouth. Why would i say Yixing is my boyfriend. He's not! And i've barely known him a week. Aish! This is Taemin’s fault!”
“What's Taemin’s fault?” Aubrey asked as she walked into the room.
Emily and Reign looked at each other. They knew if Aubrey found out she'd flip .
“Taemin gave me the wrong directions to the bathroom when we visited them at the company. Needless to say i got lost and ended up in another idol groups practice room. Psycho! He called me psycho!”
“He also called you pretty….” Emily added. “The wrong guy called me pretty! Minseok should have called me pretty, not Sehun!”
“Can't you it up and take the compliment?”
“I won't.” Reign said crossing her arms.
“Umm...who's Minseok and Sehun?”
“She's joking,Right? Em tell me she's joking.”
“She's not. She never really cared for SM. I was actually scared to tell her that my brother was an artist there that's how bad she hated SM.”
“So now you like SM?”
“Not particularly….. i just don't mind Shinee.”
“So you really have no idea who's in SM other than Shinee?”
“Why does it matter?” Aubrey asked gathering the last of her dirty laundry.
“Because you can't just walk around SM and not know the idols there.”
“I don't walk around there, because I don't there's no need to know the idols there other than Shinee’s.”
“You don't walk around there…..wait so does that mean you've never been there?”
“Never. And hopefully never will. I'll let you get through your shock and go wash my clothes now.” Aubrey said leaving the room.
“So you mean to tell me that all these years you've been friends, she's never gone?”
“She never wanted to go. It wasn't a need for her to either. Remember her brother is an idol at Jellyfish, it's not really like it's a priority to get her to visit SM.”
“Don't you think it's weird though. She visits Jellyfish, she visits Pledis, she even went to Starship with Kihyun. You can't seriously think that nothing wrong with that.”
“You're not dragging me into your theory. I'd rather go deal with bean than sit here and listen to you make a theory.”
“Mark my words, i will find out what's going on!” Reign yelled as Emily walked out the room.

《《《《《《《《《《

“I'm glad you could make it. I know it's your day off.”
“Of course i'd be here. I want to apologize, i didn't think before those words left my mouth and i surely didn't think of what could happen if the public found out.”
“That's exactly you're here,the public. You're a smart girl Emily. I know you wouldn't say something like that on purpose.”
“Thank you sir!” Emily bowed. “So i won't lose my job?”
“Of course not! The boys english has improved greatly, despite only starting teaching a week ago.”
“Thank you so much! Sorry this took so much of your time. I'll get going.” Emily said standing up.
“We aren't done here yet, Emily. I have a proposition for you.”

《《《《《《《《《《
“Choi, you've had your hand up the entire meeting. What could you want especially since you never pay attention.” Jo Kwon, The drama club department head asked.
“Okay, soo….. i know that this year the drama department can't do much because of budget cuts. But that doesn't mean we can't prepare for next year. What if we plan for an end of the year concert?”
The other members of the club started whispering about how it was a great idea.
“That's a lot of work prepare for something that big. Also the drama club isn't that big to pull of something that elaborate on its own.”
“That's why i suggest we open it to other groups. The men's volleyball team perform’s sometimes, and i'm best friends with the women's team captain. My other best friend happens to be on the soccer team and they happen to have had their budget cut as well. I know that this will also make the campus seem more friendly to next year applicants as well as helping the campus explore diversity. Also i had the idea of bringing idol groups in as performers and maybe two as host, that way we can advertise to the community. Before you say that it's nearly impossible to get idols on board for this, i have a few connections and i'm sure they'd be more than willing to help.”
Members of the club started talking more about their ideas for performances and their stages.
“Alright Choi, i want a proposal on my desk by next monday.”

《《《《《《《《《

“I'm really glad you came. The guys went to the company to practice, so it's just you and me here. Um… do you want something to drink? I know you don't like tea or coffee, there's fruit in the fridge. I can make you a smoothie if you want.” Hongbin rambled.
“Waters fine. No need to go through any extra work for me.”
“Okay. You can sit in the living room, i'll be right in.” Hongbin spoke as he walked to the kitchen.
Emily walked into the living room and sat on the couch. She was fiddling with her fingers, waiting for Hongbin to return when she noticed a picture beside the couch.
“Remember that day. It was one of the happiest days of my life. Aubrey dragged you along to watch us practice. I got to confess to you and right after i did, the others busted into the room with balloons and congratulating us.”
“Yeah… and then Hakyeon made us take a picture. She said we should never forget the moment that we confessed, our first moment as a couple.” Emily said running her fingers over the glass shielding the picture.
“We've been together for almost four years…” Hongbin spoke as he sat next to Emily.
“Four years and you couldn't tell me that you accept a physically demanding drama that has your ex girlfriend as a co star.”
“I knew if i told you, you'd ask me not to take it. If you asked me to not take it, then i wouldn't have. Despite my ex, i really wanted to do this drama. It's been a long time since i've done a drama, i really wanted to show that i'm not just a singer in a boy band. I want people to know that i can act because i love acting, just as much as i love singing.”
Emily looked over at Hongbin and grabbed his hand.
“You should have told me that at the beginning. Yeah i would have been mad about it but if this meant so much to you then you should have told me.”
“I'm sorry i didn't tell you. I promise to tell you everything from here on out.”
“You better keep your promise. If you dont im gonna break up with you. Aubrey won't be to happy which means Taek oppa won't be happy and then Diva oppa won't be happy and he'll end up telling jjong oppa and then they'll come after you but it'll probably be too late because Reign got to you first. God only knows what she'll do.”
“You've got a lot of people on your side. I promise i won't break my promise. Hyung really scares me.”
“Which one?”
“All of them.”
They both laughed and soon Hongbin was pulling Emily into a passionate kiss.
“We haven't done that in a while. They guys won't be back for a while….”
“I'm not having with you.” Emily blushed hitting him with the couch pillow.
“I ment cuddling, but if you'd rather….”
“Cuddling, cuddling is fine.” Emily said getting up and messing around with her hair.
Hongbin smiled and gave a small chuckle before following Emily to his room.
When he made it to his room, Emily had already put on one of his sweatshirts and was laying on his bed.
Hongbin sat on the bed and pulled Emily closer to him. He ran his hands through her hair as she closed her eyes on the brink of falling asleep when she jumped up remember that she had something to tell him.
“What's wrong Em?”
“We need to talk…”

《《《《《《《《《《《《

“Wendy, Yeri, Joy, Irene, and……... umm.”
“Come on you got this!”
“Seulgi?”
“Ahhh you got it!”
“Yay!” Aubrey yelled as she hopped up and danced around.
“What are you doing?” Emily asked walking into see a picture of Red Velvet on the screen, Aubrey dancing around and Reign getting another spoonful of her Raspberry Dark Chocolate chunk ice cream.
“I'm teaching her all about SM Artist. She cant get Girls Generation to save her life, but she go SuJu,Fx, and Red Velvet.”
“I thought you didn't care about SM artists?” Emily asked grabbing her Blue Moon ice cream out the mini fridge.
“I don't, but Reign came back and started bugging me about how i can't friends with an SM artist's sister, or best friends with am SM artists, and not know the other SM artists. I got tired of her bugging me, so here we are.” Aubrey said grabbing her pint of phish food and sitting on her bed.
“You're just in time, I was about to show her EXO.”
Reign grabbed the computer and typed in Exo’s ‘Overdose’.

“Why is his hair blond and why are they in a maze?”
“That's what i asked! It's hideous! Just like Jackson’s blond!” Emily spoke.
“Shhh. Keep watching.” Reign spoke.
Aubrey kept watching until she saw a guy banging his fist against the barrier.
“Hey who's that guy?” Aubrey asked.

 

“That's suho, leader of Exo.” Reign announced.
“He looks familiar….” Aubrey said as she stared at the paused video.
“His name is Kim Junmyeon….if that helps….” Emily added.
“Kim Junmyeon…… Ahhh i remember now. He was the guy Wonshik had me meet for a date.”
“Wait! You went on a date with Junmyeon, aka suho, aka leader of Exo?”
“Yup. Im sure of it.”
“The heavens really are on my side. First Emily helps me run into them, and now i find out you went on a date with suho. Tell me you can get me a date with Minseok..”
“#Thirsty” Emily said causing Aubrey to laugh.
“Sorry Re, it was just one date and we haven't talked since.” Aubrey said pushing the play button, hoping to end the talk of her having a date with an idol.
Aubrey continued to watch the video until she started to get confused.
“Okay, so is that two different people or one person?”
“Two different people. That …” Regin said walking over to the tv.

“Is Byun Baekhyun. He's currently taken by Girls Generation’s Taeyeon.”
“Byun Baekhyun…..” Aubrey whispered.
“Don't worry about memorizing him. He's taken so he's not really important at the moment.”
“Byun Baekhyun. …. Taken…”
“Anyway! This is Krease!”

“He was a member of Exo-M.” Emily said jumping of her bed and joining Aubrey and Reign on the floor.
“Krease? Was a member? What's Exo-M?”
“Exo was broken into two groups. Exo-K, Korean. They promote here in Korea. Exo-M, Mandarin, promotes in China. Kris left the group a while ago, not to long after Luhan left.” Emily explained.
“So they basically lost two members at once. That must have been rough.”
“Yeah. They had to go on hiatus for a while and regroup. Rumor has it tao is planning on leaving.” Reign said.
“That's stupid. They just had a comeback. Why would he do a comeback and then leave right after.” Emily defended.
Aubrey however wasn't listening. She was too busy thinking about Baekhyun and Kris.
Without knowing, Reign started the video again.
Aubrey left her thoughts and started watching the video again.
“Who's that? He doesn't look korean, so he must be a Chinese member.”

“Oh! That's Yixing. He's-”
“He's my boyfriend….”