Four

Lotto

 

 


(Key dressed Emily )

“Hello, you must be Emily Kim. I'm Lee seung hwan, it's very nice to meet you.”
“Hello. Its very nice to meet you as well.” Emily said, shaking Seung Hwan’s hand.
“I'll take you up to Lee Soo-Man first, after that i'll take you to meet the group you'll be working with.”
“Sounds like a plan.” Emily answered as they walked to the elevator.
The elevator ride was quiet. They made it up to Soo-man’s office and entered after knocking and being told to enter.


“Ahh. Hello you must be Emily. Please have a seat.”
Emily walked and sat in the chair that was directed for her.
“Emily, i'm very happy you decided to do your internship with us. Of course we'll work around your classes and your soccer schedule. I'm sure sure you excited to meet your group. I originally had you assigned to a girl group, but one of my interns pulled out at the last minute, so i've moved you to a male group, i hope that's okay.”
“Yeah, it's fine. My group wouldn't be Shinee, would it?”
“It isn't. I figured it would be best for Jonghyun and yourself.”
“Thank you.” Emily said. She got up and bowed to Soo-man before leaving with Seung Hwan.

“A guy group huh….” Emily whispered in the elevator.
“Don't be nervous. The boys are excited to meet you. They are a great group of boys, i'm sure you're all get along well.” Seung Hwan spoke as they walked out the elevator.
Seung Hwan lead her to the left wing of the building. After a couple of turns, they arrived at a door. On the other side would be the group she'd be working with.
Emily crossed her fingers,praying she doesn't make a fool out of herself. Seung Hwan looked to Emily to see if she was ready, emily gave him a smile and he opened the door to the room.
In the center of the room was her group, and the were all staring at her.
“Guys this is Emily, she'll be your English teacher starting today. Emily this, is your group…”

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

“Oppa, i could have stayed back in the dorm with Aubrey if i knew you were just gonna drag me around the building today.” Reign complained.
“Sorry, i'll take you out for food after i'm done. All i have left is a meeting with the boys. I know Jihun said they'd be recording today, go hang out with them, i'll come for you when i'm done.” Minki said leaving for his meeting.
“Guess you I'll go find Jihun then.” Reign as she headed to the studio she usually finds him in.

“What are we supposed to do?”
“We can record but we can't put everything together without that part being recorded.”
Jihun grabs his hair.
“We just need to find someone to replace her.”

*Knock knock*

“Hey guys! Mind if I hang out here? Oppa’s in a meeting and im bored.”
“Sure Reign.” Sung cheol spoke offering the seat next to him.
“Thanks. So what are you guys recording?” Reign asked curiously.
“We were supposed to be recording a song to show of the rap line but our singer for the track had to back out.” Hansol informed Reign.
“Hmmmm. So what are you guys going to do?”
“That's what we're trying to figure out. We need to figure out a replacement, but getting another idol would push us back in schedule.” Jihun spoke spinning in his chair.
The 4 all sat in thought. The 3 boys going over possible options.
“Hmmmm….. would it help if I did the part instead?” Reign offered.
The 3 boys stared at her, mouths open.
“Do you have a fever?” Sung Cheol asked, placing his hand on Reign’s forehead.
“No,i'm fine.”
“So you're willing going to sing with us?” Hansol asked for clarification.
“Yeah. I mean unless you guys don't want me to bless you and your song with my awesome voice.”
“No!” the boys all yelled at once.
“Get her in the booth before she changes her mind.” Jihun spoke as he got the equipment ready.
Hansol handed her the lyrics as Sung Cheol pushed her into the booth.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

“Thanks for the help oppa! It's really hard to pick members for the team.” Aubrey said packing up her notes.
“Mhhhh.” Taekwoon whispered watching his sister shuffle around his room. He had been putting off the talk he wanted to have with her.
“Well that's everything. Jaehwan said he'd give me a ride back to my dorm.” Aubrey said as she hugged her brother.
Aubrey noticed his concerned look on his face and pulled away from the hug.
“Okay oppa,spill. You've been looking at me like that all day. What's up?” Aubrey asked taking a seat on her brother's bed.
“Are you dating him?”
Aubrey raised her eyebrow at her brother.
“That's what you're worried about.”
Taekwoon nodded. Aubrey grabbed her brother's arm and pulled him to sit on the bed beside her.
“Oppa we're only texting that's it. We aren't dating, if anything, we're just friends. Isn't this what you wanted?”
“I wanted you to have normal life. I want you to get a good education and have a good career. I want you to enjoy volleyball like you do. I want you to meet a nice guy. One that can support you, so you don't have to struggle. I want you to be able to live a life outside of an idol's spotlight. I want my baby sister to be okay, you've hurt enough.”
Aubrey hugged her brother again.
“I didn't know you were so concerned and had these thoughts. I'm not interested in dating. I haven't met anyone that makes me want to try. I may be able to stay out of the idol spotlight, but I have plans to play in the Olympics, i'd live in a different spotlight. I'm on track to graduate early. I think i'm doing well for someone who never wanted to go to college.”
“Don't remind me. You would always run around saying how you wanted to be an idol like me when you grew up.” Taekwoon scoffed.
“You're a great idol, in an amazing group, make even better music. Who wouldn't use you as a role model, especially me, when you're my big brother. You looked out for me, especially when my heart was broken and i lost my best friend. I just want to make you proud of me…..” Aubrey said looking down, playing with her fingers. “I'll always be proud of you. I support any decision you make, because i know that everyday you're working on your happiness. Just promise me that you'll start having fun.”
“I am having fun…..”
“Going from class to practice to homework, isn't fun. Go out with Emily and Reign. Hang out with Kihyun. Pick up another interest. Try dating, a non idol preferably.”
“Okay oppa! I promise i'll try.” Aubrey said smiling. “Come on oppa! I'll treat you to a latte on the way back.” Aubrey getting off the bed and heading to the living room. Taekwoon watched Aubrey walk out the room.
‘She'll be fine…..’ Taekwoon thought as he picked up her book bag, following after her.

“Jaehwan oppa, i'm ready to go.” Aubrey spoke as she entered the living room.
“Already?”
“Yup! I just wanted oppa’s opinion on how to pick players for the team. Ohh can we stop by the coffee shop on the way, i promised oppa i'd buy him a latte.” Aubrey said slipping on her jacket.
“Sure. Hakyeon wanted me to bring him a smoothie back. He's been on this new health kick.”
“Hey Aubrey?”
“Hey binnie. What's up?” asked Hongbin, who had just walked into the living room.
“Have you heard from Em today?”
“Last i heard she was on her way to her internship,why?”
“I haven't heard from her all day, and i really need to talk to her.” Hongbin spoke.
Aubrey knew it was serious because she could see the creases in his brow.
“Maybe she went back to sleep at the dorm. Or she's still at her internship. Or maybe she's with Jonghyun. I'll tell her to call you when i see her.”
“Thanks Aubrey….”
“No problem….. Taek Oppa! Let's go!”
“I'm here…” Taekwoon said not stopping and heading to the car.
Aubrey and Jaehwan left the dorm, following Taekwoon to the car.
“I hope everything is alright, he looked really worried.”
“Im sure everything will be fine.” Jaehwan said trying to comfort Aubrey.