Thirty Nine

Lotto

“So you don’t plan on fixing anything do you?”
“I don’t feel like I did anything wrong.” Reign shrugged, looking at herself in the mirror.
“She didn’t do anything wrong, why don’t you give that friend of yours a talk instead.”
“I wasn’t talking to you sugar. You’re just as wrong as she is. I get you take pride in your music but snapping on Em was a low blow. If being a artist means pissy 24/7 then I’m cool on it. You wrong for taking all your out on her, just like your wrong for not defending you friend.” Kayden spoke, pointing at Reign. “I’m out your little concert, I took my exam instead. I hope your happy with the people your surrounding yourself with because you’ve lost 3 friends.” Kayden said before storming out the practice room.
“Aren’t you going to go after her?” Jungkook asked, looking back and forth between Reign and Mei.
“When things cool down then we’ll all talk. With exams and our friend leaving for the states, things haven’t been the best. Exams are over so some stress should be gone, they’ve both left the concert, no stress there. I’m sure by time the wedding rolls around well all be back to normal, now Yoongi, he has to fix that on his own.” 
“There’s nothing to fix. I’m not going to let some English major come in and tell me that my music is wack.” 
“I can’t believe you're older than us. Just because she’s a English major doesn’t mean she doesn’t understand music. If she didn’t like it who’s to say that anyone else would either? If your trying to make a hit debut song then you should take the audience into consideration and not your own selfishness.” Jungkook spoke before storming out the room.
Namjoon ran a hand over his face. 
“The kid has a point. Maybe you should go to this wedding and apologize to her? Better yet we can all go that way we can cover your mouth if you say the wrong thing.”
“That’s a great idea! What do you think Reign?” Taehyung asked, excited to attend a wedding.
“I’ll ask Aubrey.” Reign said walking to her bag to get her phone.
“Are you sure it’ll be okay to go?” Seokjin asked, worried about imposing.
“It should be fine. Vivian and Mei are going, plus the weddings going to be star studded anyway. It’s not everyday an idol gets married to an commoner.” Reign said pressing the send button.
“You’re all supposed to be practicing. Come on you guys! You’re trail is coming very soon, I’d like to see you all make it.” Sang wook spoke, shooing the boys minus Hoseok and Jimin out. 
“Keep focused lady’s, the finish line is so close.” Sang wook spoke, pressing the play button and sitting down to supervise practice.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Your mom wants to know when you plan on coming to China after graduation and Reign wants to know if BTS can come to the wedding.” Taemin yelled to Aubrey as he laid on the bed.
“Tell Reign yes, just ignore my mom. If I answer then she’ll ask why I don’t come sooner, or why I’m spending time in America with you, instead of with Yifan since schools done.” Aubrey called out from the bathroom.
“You’re really going to let them come to the wedding?”
“Yeah why not? The more the merrier, right? Besides it’s already so many artist coming, seven more people won’t make a difference. I just hope Yoongi is on his best behavior, apparently he and Em haven’t seen eye to eye yet.”
“You sure you want to chance it? This is a pretty big day for you.”
“It’ll be fine. As long as nothing ruins my surprise for Yifan, I don’t care who shows up.”
“You really think we can pull this off.”
“We better. This is the least I can do for Yifan after all he’s gone through. He’s a victim in this just as much as me.” 
“I don’t see how he’s a victim. Your the one who was forced into marriage.”
“So was he. He just didn’t fight it as long as I had. Not to mention, everything going on between me and Kihyun, Yifan kind of got plopped down in the middle of it.”
“He definitely didn’t try to make the situation any better.” Taemin said, sitting up.
“It’s not like anything he said or did would have made it better. Can you bring me my makeup bag? It’s on the desk.” 
“And you said you grabbed everything.” Taemin chuckled as he grabbed the makeup bag and walked to the bathroom. “You sure there’s nothing-”
“Nothing what?” Aubrey asked Taemin as he stood in the doorway. “Tae are you checking me out?” Aubrey laughed as she saw the little red blush appear on his cheeks. “God tae, you’ve seen me .”
“Not on purpose.” Taemin said handing Aubrey her bag and turning around.
“Can you just stay there? Yelling is a little too much with these thin walls.” 
“You want me to lean against the wall?”
“You can sit on the toilet. I’m sure that would be more comfortable….” Aubrey’s said applying her eyeliner.
“I didn’t know you were so girly.” Taemin spoke as he sat on the toilet, keeping his eyes on Aubrey’s reflection in the mirror. 
“Well you said you wanted more friend time so here’s what you get. It’s not like I can let you walk around L.A. with an unattractive beast all day.”
“You’ll always be attractive in my eyes.” Taemin said clearing his throat.
“Wow, someone’s been practicing their bestfriend duties.” Aubrey laughed as she dug through the bag looking for her favorite red lipstick.
“Ha, Yeah. I have to keep up with Em a lot more these days. Don’t need Taekwoon hyung coming after me either.”
“He likes you, so you’d be safe. Your one of the few male friends that I like being around, you’re safe as long as you're with me. So you better not leave me.” Aubrey said as she left the bathroom to go get dressed, leaving Taemin in the bathroom alone.
“Trust me, I don’t plan on leaving. Not now, not ever.” Taemin said with a sigh as he headed out the bathroom. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“I didn’t think you would ever talk to me again.”
“I definitely didn’t plan too, but I’m a better person than that.”
“I’m glad. After everything that’s happened, I realized what I gave up, who I gave up. I’m so sorry Em. I know sorry won’t change what happened, but I want to prove to you that I’m still that guy you met all those years ago. I’m not asking for a relationship. I’m not asking for a friendship. I’m just asking that we become civil for the people around us. Maybe one day, when your ready, we can be friends again, but I just want to find comfort in knowing that we’re good.”
“It’s easier said than done. I’m not gonna lie, after this year I have serious trust issues. Everything that happened between us, Aubrey hiding this marriage from me, whatever Reign has going on, then some boyband rapper coming for me, i can really say that I don’t trust anyone.”
“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry to be the reason you can’t trust people. Not everyone is a bad person.”
“I know that too. It’s a lot that I know, but no one would ever think I would. Look I didn’t come for an apology, I just don’t want to be bitter about the situation anymore. Aubrey’s my best friend and you’re in her brothers group, I’m sure your going to the wedding. It’s no need to make anyone uncomfortable, but I swear I’ll flip your if you try something stupid ever again.”
“I won’t! It’ll be just like old times. The aesthetic duo is back in business.” Hongbin said giving off his box smile. 
“Aesthetic duo my , you know it was always me and Aubrey always had you beat.” Emily laughed as their waiter arrived with there food.
“Never! I remember you got so mad when I kept the picture of you sneezing. Not very aesthetic then,huh?”
“Who keeps a picture of some sneezing!? Your as bad as Aubrey for keeping pictures of me sleeping.”
“All the better to play at your wedding.”
“If I ever get married, those pictures better not show up or your going to be the new little mermaid.” 
Hongbin laughed. “I’m sure you and Yixing are well on your way, from what I hear you guys are couple goals.”
“I’m goals regardless of who I’m with. Never forget that.” Emily sassed as he picked up her fork.
“How could I ever forget? You’re an unforgettable girl.” Hongbin said digging into his food as well.