Thirty Two

Lotto

A/N: Just a fair warning that I am sick and partially sleepy, so I'm hoping this chapter makes sense. It is a rather short chapter and I promise to work on a longer one next time. 😁

“I think once the opener and closer is picked, it'll be a lot easier to pick the prefer for everyone else.” Reign spoke.

Currently, the girls were in a meeting about the concert Reign was producing.

“Well, since this is a performance mainly to promote students, I think that student performers should open and close the show.” Hakyeon suggested.

Along with Hakyeon being at the meeting, a member from the groups performing also is in attendance as they sort out details.

“I think Monsta X should perform first.” Kayden suggested.

“Why should they? They're an idol group I thought this was supposed to be students first and last.”  Joomi complained.

“Because they're a hot commodity. The rookie idol group that everyone's growing to love. It makes perfect sense to start off with them. Plus Hyunwoo and Kihyun are technically still students. Balancing being an idol along with school gives them a good image as well as the school for providing such accommodations. Kayden said matter of factly.

“I couldn't have said it better myself.” Jo Kwon spoke, earning a nod from Jooheon. “Since the opening has been decided, how about a closing group?”

“How about Reign? It is her show after all.”

“I agree with Emily. Everyone anticipates the closer the most, so it most definitely should be Reign.” Yixing spoke.

“She can do closing remarks afterwards.” Jooheon suggested.

“Then it’s decided. After everyone has had time to practice then we'll gather everyone to make the final set list and do a run through.” Min spoke, grin plastered to her face.

The group spoke a little longer before all but a few dispersed.

“I can't believe this is all happening. Like the closer we we get the more anxious I get.” Reign spoke leaning back in her chair.

“I can't believe you got the KBS hall to sponsor.” Hakyeon spoke,his seat across from Reign’s.

“I didn't. Jooheon did actually, thank goodness. The school is exactly the best place to showcase the talent with all the idols that are involved, wardrobe changes for those of us doing multiple performances, along with the MC’s.”

“We get MC’s!?” Yixing spoke, excitedly.

“Kwon Boa and Ji Chang Wook.”

“Wook!? Like ‘The K2’ Wook!”

“Yes Em. That Wook.” Reign laughed as Emily went into land of fangirl.

“What's wrong with her?” Jooheon asked, placing his hand on her forehead.

“She's fine, just fangirling. The girl loves him as much as she loves soccer.” Kayden said, rolling her eyes at Jooheon’s obviousness.

“Yeah, but she loves me more than him.” Yixing said putting his arm around Emily.

“That's because you're dating.” Reign told Yixing, who placed his other hand on his heart dramatically.

“You're both dating?” Hakyeon asked, mimicking Jooheon’s earlier obviousness.

“I don't know who's worse you or Jooheon.” Reign said rolling her eyes.

“Id say those of us who didn't know Aubrey was getting married would be the worse.”

“Aubrey’s getting married!?”

“Id say Jooheon.” Kayden said as a sad attempt to light the mood with such a sensitive topic brought up.

“You can't say you don't know. You live with Kihyun and Hoseok. They both knew before everyone else, especially Hoseok.” Emily said with an indescribable tone.

“Last I heard Kihyun confessed to her, and she and Hoseok were moving forward as friends….”

“Well she ended her friendship with Kihyun. Hoseok is like her Kihyun replacement without the romantic feelings. The wedding in July…..in China….. and she's getting married to Wu Yifan…..”

“She getting married to Yifan?”

“You know him?” Yixing asked.

“He stopped by to talk to Kihyun. He seems…. I don't know…off, like he's forcing everything to happen.”

“Of course he's forcing everything. Its an arranged marriage, she doesn't want to marry him. She's in love with Kihyun.” Emily exploded.

“She love Kihyun?” Hakyeon asked,going pale.

“She said that if she wasn't engaged, she would have accepted his confession. It's sad really. It's like fates against them. They're the detention of soulmates, you look up to them as couple goals and to see it crushed….”

“Not everyone is meant to be…..sometimes trials are meant to test strength and it looks like they just weren't strong enough.” Reign said, thoughtfully.

“So does that mean she was really meant to marry Yifan?” Kayden wondered.

“She's not really going to go through with this right? She's not going to marry him.”

“I really hope not. I don't think i can sit and watch her marry him.”

“So if in July she gets on a plane and flies to China to marry him, you wouldn't go support her?” Hakyeon asked Emily, curiously.

“No, I wouldn't. If she really plans on going through with the wedding, I can definitely say I will not be in attendance.”

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

“Thanks for helping out.”

“No problem. It's not like I don't like working out and seeing you hot and bothered is a plus.”

“Stappph!” Aubrey laughed, giving Hoseok a push.

“All jokes aside, I'm glad to help out.” Hoseok spoke taking a drink from Aubrey’s water bottle.

“I figured some eye candy would motivate the girls a little.”

“Well they were definitely motivated.” Hoseok laughed, giving Aubrey her bottle back.

“Well who wouldn't be, you know how to give the ladies a show.” Aubrey said, pointing to Hoseok’s sweats.

“I just wear what I always wear.” Hoseok chuckled. “So how's your arm doing?”

“It's good.” Aubrey said, staring at he arm. “It's functioning almost like normal, but I still can't do anything extreme or put too much pressure on it. Not like Yifan or Taek let me do much.”

“Well if I was your brother or marrying you, I definitely wouldn't let you do much either.”

“I'm not that weak you know.”

“I know you're not. You're one of the strongest people I know.”

“I don't think I'm one of the strongest people you know. “

“You are. I don't know who else could get pushed off a cliff and recover like it was nothing.”

“Because I hid it well. I remember waking up and not being able to feel my arm. I panicked and I remember only asking where Kihyun was. I lashed out. I threw the lamps, knocked down my IV, Taek even had me sedated, I was so bad.”

“I had no idea.” Hoseok said pulling Aubrey in for a hug.

“Only they know. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want them to worry further. I didn't want to leave the house. I basically just sat at the piano day in and day out. I didn't talk….i didn't cry…. I just sat there…. Taek and Yifan would have to force me to eat…. It was as if I lost the will to live.”

“So what made you decide to live?”

“My dad. One night he just came to me. I woke up and he was sitting beside me. He led me to the piano and he made me play the piece I learned before he died. He smiled at me and told me to be happy, that he supports whatever I decide.”

“So your dad really is the reason you're marrying Yifan?”

“Something like that.”

Hoseok sighed. “So you know that I love you right?”

“Yeah…”

“And you know that I would never purposely tell you anything to hurt you?”

“You're kinda scaring me.”

“I can't let you marry him while he has a girl on the side.”

“A girl on the side? Hoseok are you talking about?”

“You remember that article about him dating a girl from SM?” Hoseok asked, pulling his phone out of his bag.

“Yeah, it was a dud. He and I were already engages then.”

“Well now there's an article saying he's actually marrying her, not you.” Hoseok said, handing Aubrey his phone.

 

Jung & Wu: Tying The Knot?

 

Seems as tho the wedding of the century is in the making. Wu, who has recently returned to Korea, was seen leaving the courthouse, reportedly picking up marriage registration papers. Jung,however, is still in New York and shows no signs of slowing down her business for her personal life. Although it's not clear if the two are ready to tie the knot, or whether the papers were related to marriage. The one thing we know for sure is that Mr. Wu is sure going to serve us up some tea.


 

“Aubrey say something….” Hoseok spoke, after watching Aubrey read the article with a raised eyebrow.

“There's nothing to say….” Aubrey said, picking up her bag.

“Nothing to say? The public is actually approving this alleged marriage of them and you have nothing to say.” Hoseok argued, following after Aubrey.

“What's there to say when I'm the one he's marrying?”

“But they don't know that? What if you get bashed because you're not what they expected?”

“Are you busy tonight?” Aubrey said as she walked out the campus athlete gym door.

“Is the time to ask about my availability?”

“Are you or are you not?” Aubrey asked, crossing her arms.

“....I am…”

“Great! Taemin and I will see you tonight at 8.” Aubrey spoke leaving Hoseok, to head for her car.

Hoseok watched Aubrey walk off.

“I seriously can't even understand her thought process right now.” Hoseok huffed as he walked to the opposite end of the parking lot where his manager would be waiting for him.