Thirty Four

Lotto



 

“Reign I really don't have time for this. Can't we just talk about this at practice tomorrow.” Aubrey asked, attempting add volume to her wavy hair.

“It's about tomorrow's practice.”

“Then can't it wait until tomorrow before practice. I have to be somewhere soon and I'm running late.”

“What's so important that you can't stop and talk to me for 5 minutes?”

Aubrey put down her can of hairspray, sighing, she turned around in her chair to face Reign.

“You have my undivided attention for the next 5 minutes, just how you wanted.”

“Wonderful. Now I've made some decisions that I think will benefit everyone's well being.”

“Well being? Reign exactly who is everyone?”

“Okay...so it's more like your well being.” Reign said making sure not to look Aubrey in her eyes, knowing she would regret her choice.

“Do I look weak to you Reign?”

“That's not what this is about.”

“Then what is it about? You're talking about my well being makes me think you're my arm. I'm a big girl Reign, just say you don't want me to perform.”

“Just not the dance.”

“Reign!”

“I know how how hard you've been working on the dance but I don't want you to strain yourself. So I asked someone else to take your place. Now all you have to worry about is the ballad.”

“Okay.”

“Okay? That's all you have to say?”

“I don't really have the energy to fight with you. It's your show, your decision.” Aubrey said,opening her jewelry box.

“I'm glad you're okay with this. I was worried you flip out. You didn't even asked who your fill in is.” Reign said, sighing in relief.

“I'm an engaged lady, I have to be mature.” Aubrey said getting up and looking herself over. “Well how do I look?”

Cx0Nz6zrfvZ7xzvtmTzYGQr7UqCISx3iwOkax8_hCcDJonjD7LIS_ClPn4bHJBZu3S4xkjmlixhMvC08mkvACKHcSKBS2xylaUiTMupqAOiot_pL9pcgOQJEdAU-hB7rM_CEpkQP

(No cat necklace)

 

vABpWOmD0ZgxECkR9JiW3pC7wYWyLUyOq0zaDBzeUqzA8bnubXLcJoMU5GbeWobvYfx6ooZdhSa3-yZm1h_gXgyzBmldoIiHieEaYf7FBCERpeyaTTqUZRHgSXc-gAJtvv__3Cb4

 

“Beautiful. Except your necklace clashes, don't you have any silver necklaces?” Reign asked, moving to the jewelry box on the counter.

“I'm wearing this one. You should head out, I'm leaving soon.” Aubrey said, placing her wallet and phone in her bag,ignoring Reign’s suggestion.

“Right… well have fun wherever you're going.” Reign said, placing the silver necklace back in the box and walking past Yifan who was on his way inside the room.

“You look amazing, I'm sure he'll be happy to see you in a dress.”

“Thanks! I better get going before Taek gives me his wrath.”

“Well your flowers are already in the car,so you can just head out. You sure you don't want me to come with you?”

“Yeah. Me and Taek need this,sibling bonding. Besides, I know you're busy with making all your arrangements.”

“Remember, you're my first priority.”

“That's because we don't have kids.” Aubrey said making her way through the living room.

“We can make some when you come back.” Yifan joked.

“Sorry, I don't do kids out of wedlock.” Aubrey said walking out the front door.

“We'll be married before you could give birth.” Yifan yelled after before shutting the door.


 

qDUPzf-6MHJJVNw4EjFJaDjyZtiQ8IvsKrYOhUvSPAw2zi-mECpfqmdJYe7UDpmNoyPFWzCd-sjdPiYJDh9RlBwQhgTx0v-8aZK2F6Z2kYJfonpa-h8kbtM5LK9SrN7lFqlh0PDz

 

“Why are we here?” Emily asked for the umpteenth, still not receiving an answer from Kayden.

“I'm going to the bathroom. Wonshik should be here soon if he's not already.” Kayden said walking off to the bathroom, after pushing Emily inside the practice room.

“If she wanted to practice she could have just said so.” Emily said rolling her eyes as she plugged in her phone so she could stretch to her music.

Although she was curious as to why Kayden decided to practice at Jellyfish instead of at the school, but chucked it up to giving Wonshik some privacy to help them.

After 5 minutes of stretching, Kayden still hadn't returned and Wonshik was nowhere to be found.

“Why do I always have to go looking for people?” Emily asked herself as she walked across the room to the door, but the door opened before she could reach her hand out.

“It's because you won't let us find you.”

“What are you doing here?” Emily said taking a step back.

“This was the only way for me to talk to you.”

“We have nothing to talk about Hongbin.” Emily said grabbing her things.

“We can't keep going around like this. I know our torn relationship hurts you as much as it does me.”

“And who's fault is that?” Emily scoffed.

“Mines. It's entirely my fault. I take blame for everything. I take blame in my actions. I take blame for hurting you when I promised I would never break your trust.”

“I already knew that this was your fault, but it's mines as well for trusting you. If that's all you wanted to say then I'll be leaving.” I emily spoke moving around Hongbin to the exit, but Hongbin grabbed Emily's arm and spun her around.

“What ar-” Emily’s words were cut short when she saw Hongbin on his knees. “Get up.”

“Emily….”

“GET UP!!!” Emily screamed. “Is this what you think I want from you?! For you to get on your knees and beg my forgiveness? Get up. You're not really this pathetic? This is what we do to each other. We've lower ourselves to the point that we don't even know who we are any more.”

“Then we can start over. As friends? We don't have to date. I just want my best friend back.” Hongbin cried.

Emily stayed still. She always did have a soft spot for him, but he hurt her too much for her to just forgive him so easily.

The room quickly filled with the sound of Hongbin’s crying and still had made no attempt to stop him.

Kayden and Wonshik, who had been standing outside the door made their way inside to separate the two, Kayden moving Emily to the other side of the room, while Wonshik pulled Hongbin off the floor.

“I think the two you just need more time to think things over. You both clearly aren't on the same page.” Kayden spoke, as Emily grabbed her things, Wonshik still holding Hongbin back.

“Emily you know you forgive me, just say it. That's all I need you to say for us to start over.” Hongbin said, held back by Wonshik.

“I don't forgive you! I don't know how you think I could ever forgive you for the damage you've done to my life. Just leave me alone or I'll press charges for harassment.” Emily said sternly before storming out the room.

“Way to go Romeo, you pissed her off.” Wonshik said, letting Hongbin go.

“Just let me talk to her. I can make her forgive me.”

“No way! Do you not see how pissed she is. Get yourself together, do you really want to cause your group a scandal because you can't keep your emotions in check? Give her time.” Kayden said before heading out after Emily.

“I just want things to be Iike they were before I messed everything up.” Hongbin said leaning against the wall.

“You heard her, actions speak louder than words. Give her some more space and try again. Pushing to far right now could result in never being able to be friends. Do you really want to live with no contact with her for the rest of your life?”

Hongbin sighed.

“She is the rest of my life…..”


 

MSUQOG1EXMScO0gEdl92Ss7fgVse0PaGb8_izXmkORDET0pMr2DD1Y1vOnHYYx0Esx9p-RY2PyuV1TGtSL76JjIeAn0_BbYqwpzGzZ24fua5EqTD64-DZAZC-_EdkcJjyZhGUlBn


 

8Praa2YDB6sWgdLfKoft4X8wxV1Dk7DbE_sbtdk9BFtIJt1EOeA_QkYJ_5MAMe7MvsLpQSZEu6DRak-rfGaImK5a1_jawnTPcL1ttpd3IBjPORPaS_1VZAo86vZ9g_rSS434_MFq




 

“Hyung and I already had time alone with him while waiting for you, so you can take as much time as you want.”

“Ah…. ok….. um Kihyun…..thanks for coming. I'm sure he was happy to see you.” Aubrey said fiddling with her fingers.

“He was like was a second father to me, so there's no need to thank me. Go spend time with your dad.” Kihyun said, turning to leave.

“Um Kihyun?” Aubrey called out.

“Hm?”

“Do you like her? Vivian I mean…..”

“Yeah. I like her a lot. She's lively without the drama.”

“Oh. I'm glad you're happy.” Aubrey said before turning back to her father's tree.

“Yeah, so am I.” Kihyun said staring at Aubrey before turning away.

Aubrey waited until she could no longer hear footsteps before she began talking to her father.

“Papa….. it's been a while….im such a terrible daughter for not coming to visit you sooner. I promise next time I'll bring you meat. Don't worry I won't tell mom, it'll be our little secret…….papa, I've been hiding a lot of secrets so don't worry….actually I gonna tell you somethings and you have to promise not to tell anyone.” Aubrey told her father,taking the gust of wind as a sign to continue.

“So I've been going to the doctor for physical therapy, you'd think with how consistent i've been I'd be almost healed by now, but I'm not…… in fact, the doctor said he hasn't seen any improvement. He said it's in my best interest to restrain for exerting myself. I guess Reign was right to replace me in the performance. I'm starting to think Yifan was right when he said all I had was him. I can't play volleyball….I can't perform…...Kihyun and I are on bad terms….. I feel like I have no control over my life anymore…. how did it get to the point where Yifan was right? Only stable thing in my life is him…. but if I'm being honest, he's nice and all but he's not Kihyun…...will marrying Yifan really make you happy?” Aubrey whispers the last part as tears started to fall.

“Daddy….. I just wanna be happy again….. I love you but this can't be what you had in mind for me, so I'm gonna fix my life. You won't be mad at me right? I don't think I'll be able to visit you for awhile then. I'm far from being happy right now, but I promise next time I visit I'll be smiling from ear to ear and fill you in on everything. So keep watching over me and Taek oppa. Dasom unnies really pretty, she'd be a nice sister in law.” Aubrey laughed getting up off the ground.

Aubrey spent a few more minutes staring at her father's tree before leaving. When Aubrey made it back to her car she noticed that Kihyun was leaning on it.

“I thought you would have left already…”

Kihyun whipped his head in the direction of Aubrey.

“I just wanted to make sure that you'd be okay to drive, I know you get emotional when it comes to your dad.”

“Ahhh… I'm fine. I just need to get somethings of my chest.”

“Oh. I'm glad things are getting easier for you.”

“Thanks…. I don't keep so much bottled in since Yifan is so talkative.”

“Yeah. You're really lucky to have him aren't you?”

“I guess I am. Anyone with Yifan is lucky.”

“I'm sure they are.” Kihyun said rolling his eyes.

“You know you and Yifan are similar? You're both good guys. Outside of everything that's happened, atI'm sure you guys could have been good friends. I ashope one day you we can put this behind us and you both can be friends. Maybe at the wedding? You can even bring Vivian, I already invited her brother.”

“I'm not going to the wedding.” Kihyun said quickly.?

“Oh…. some other time then. I better get going, I made plans with Taemin and Hoseok and I don't want to be late. Be safe Kihyun.” Aubrey said hopping into her car.

Kihyun stared as Aubrey’s car pulled out.

Kihyun sighed. With unspoken words on his lips, he turned back and headed to his car.

MSUQOG1EXMScO0gEdl92Ss7fgVse0PaGb8_izXmkORDET0pMr2DD1Y1vOnHYYx0Esx9p-RY2PyuV1TGtSL76JjIeAn0_BbYqwpzGzZ24fua5EqTD64-DZAZC-_EdkcJjyZhGUlBn

“So what are you thinking?”

“I wish you would have told me sooner Emily.”

“Sorry. I was just really confused on what to do.”

“I'm guessing you're not confused anymore.”

“I’m going.” Emily said lifting her head so she could look Yixing directly in his eyes.

“Good.”

“W-what?”

“I said good.” Yixing smiled. “Did you think I was going to tell you not to leave?”

“I don't know what I expected to come out of your mouth to be honest.”

Yixing chuckled at Emily's surprise, moving from his chair across from her to the seat beside her.

“I think this is a great opportunity for you. I'm not going to stand between you and something good. I'll never stand between you and your happiness because your happiness is my happiness.” Yixing said wrapping his arms around Emily.

“I really don't deserve you.” Emily said quietly, snuggling closer to Yixing.

“You really should hold yourself higher in confidence. You deserve the best that your heart desires.”

“What about us then?”Emily asked, fiddling with Yixing’s shirt.

“What about us?” Yixing asked grabbing Emily’s hand.

“You'll be here or in China and I'll be in Spain. Do you think we can do this? You think we can go the distance?”

“We can worry about that when the time comes.” Yixing said, placing a gentle kiss on Emily's forehead. “Right now we enjoy the moment, enjoy each other's company. You don't leave till end of July, right? We'll take this day by day.”

“You know you're really too good to be true.” Emily smiled.

“What do you expect from China’s best? You deserve the best from the king of China.” Yixing said proudly.

Emily laughed. “Now you're sounding like Reign.”

“Is that a bad thing?”

“Coming out off your mouth, not at all.” Emily laughed as she gave Yixing a kiss on the lips.

 

MSUQOG1EXMScO0gEdl92Ss7fgVse0PaGb8_izXmkORDET0pMr2DD1Y1vOnHYYx0Esx9p-RY2PyuV1TGtSL76JjIeAn0_BbYqwpzGzZ24fua5EqTD64-DZAZC-_EdkcJjyZhGUlBn

 

“She's in there. Please keep her from breaking anything else. Her bill is already high enough.” The owner of the karaoke bars said handing Hoseok the bill so far, before leaving to attend to his other guests.

“How much did she rack up?” Taemin asked Hoseok, who had just opened the bill.

“You don't even want to know.” Hoseok said, folding the bill up and putting it in his back pocket.

Taemin stepped forward and opened the door enough for them to both see inside but enough for Aubrey to not see them.

Inside, Aubrey was dancing around with a feather boa around her neck, microphone in one hand and a bottle of soju in the other.


 

That woman is timid, so he learned how to laugh.

That woman has many stories that she can't even tell her best friend.

So her heart is full of tears~

 

“You go first.” Hoseok said stepping back.

“Me?” Taemin quietly yelled.

“You can handle an emotional Aubrey better than me. I'll handle the bill so you go ahead. Maybe wait till she finishes the song.” Hoseok said, patting Taemin’s shoulder and heading back to the reception area.

 

That's why, that woman

You, he loved because you are just the same as him

Yet another fool, yet another fool

Can't you hug me before you go?

I want to receive love, baby

Everyday in my heart,

Just in my heart…..

 

“Aish….” Taemin said running his hand through his hair, before quietly entering the room, leaving the door still cracked.

Taemin walked up to the platform and pulled Aubrey to him and hugged her tightly.

Aubrey stood stunned in Taemin’s arms.

“Why did you call me? You should drink by yourself.”

Aubrey pushed herself out of Taemin's embrace and walked over to the couch, opening up another beer and handing it to Taemin who shook his head.

“I can handle my alcohol.” Aubrey said after downing half the beer.

“Tell that to the lamp shattered by the wall. Seriously, this isn't like you.” Taemin's stated, making his way to where Aubrey was sitting.

Aubrey scoffed. “Isn't like me? I don't even know what I'm like anymore, how could you possibly know?”

Taemin was taken back by Aubrey’s new attitude. He had never seen her as anything but confident, but here she was before slinging back beers and pitying herself.

“The tell us who you want to be.” Hoseok spoke from the other side of Aubrey, taking a seat.

Aubrey grabbed three bottles a beer, giving one to Taemin and Hoseok who eyed her skeptically.

Aubrey raised her bottle.

“Here's to my freedom…”

 

 

 

 

For those who wanna hear what Aubrey was singing... Peace