Thirty three

Lotto

“Why don't we take 10?” Reign suggested, falling to the ground in exhaustion.

“Make it 15 I'm exhausted.” Emily said pulling the fan to her face to cool her down.

“I don't know how you guys do this dancing thing. Like serious talent is needed to be able to dance and sing at the same time.” Kayden said throwing both her thumbs up.

“Aren't you a rapper? Aren't you prepared for when you debut with a group?” Reign asked, curious about Kayden’s training.

“I never prepared for a group, only solo or duet. Not like it matters since i'm a free agent right now.”

“Free agent!?” Reign and Emily yelled at the same time.

“We've been so busy with everything going on I didn't get the chance to tell you both. I left YG.”

“What! Why would you leave YG? You've been there for years.”

“Exactly Em. I've been there for years and I'm still referred to as T.O.P’s little sister. I'm over it. I love my brother, but I'm not trying to be under that title for the rest of my life.”

“But aren't you worried about other companies? You'll have to audition, what if you can't find another company?”

“I don't have to be in a company to rap. If I don't find another company in two years then I'll just have to deal myself a new deck of cards. I my last year off middle school and all of high school training. Next year I'll be graduating college. It's probably safe to say they weren't going to debut me.”

“That's terrible. I really hope you find another company.”

“I'm looking but I don't think it'll be the end of my world.” Kayden said looking down at her now ringing phone. “I'll be back. He probably got Jiyong’s letter.”

“Aren't you worried about that?” Emily asked after Kayden walked out to answer her brothers call.

“About not debuting? Not really. I really think choosing bighit was the right choice. I know they don't have the best track record when it comes to girl groups,but just seeing the amount of work they put in for BTS makes me wonder what they can do for me. I think as long as I give everything I have I'd be okay with how everything turns out.”

“I commend you then. I don't think I could do it.”

“Have you thought about it?”

“Being an idol? No way.”

“Why not!? You're a bomb dancer.It would be no problem for you to get in.”

“Dancings not the problem. Singing is. I clearly have no future in rap and my vocals are shot.”

“That's why they have lessons for that. Tell you what. I'm going to the company tonight to get my tour and meet my future dorm mates.”

“Future dorm mates? You mean you won't be on campus next year?”

“I move into the dorms about a month after school's out.”

Emily pouted.

“Eh. No pouting. You most likely won't even be here next year. You'll probably be off soaking in sun and running a field.”

“I haven't decided yet….”

“You're still waiting to talk to Yixing aren't you?”

“Yeah.” Emily sighed. “Me leaving would mean a long distance relationship. He travels back and forth between China and Korea, so time zones would be an issue…”

“And?”

“And what?”

“There is no and.”

“I think you're more scared that he'll be just like Hongbin.”

Emily put her towel over her face as she laid down on the floor.

“I know he's different, but there's always what if’s. I wouldn't be here so it's not like I can stop him if I'm not here.”

“You shouldn't have to be here for him to do right. Plus regardless of what you decide you still have 3 best friends that will skin him alive if he does wrong.”

Emily laughed.

“Thanks.”

“That's what friends are for. So you wanna come tonight or nahh?”

“Why not? It's not like I have plans. Seeing who has to live with you shall be interesting. I have to warn them how bad a roomie you are.”

“I'm not a bad roommate!” Reign yelled, causing her and Emily to burst out in laughter.

“Seems like I missed all the fun talking to my warden.” Kayden laughed walking back into the room.

“Not really. Just the ruining of my social life.” Reign told Kayden.

“Alright ladies, let run this crap one more time so I can take a shower. I can feel the last layer settling in.” Emily cringed, as she got up from the floor and started the music back up, much to Kayden’s dismay.


 

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》


 

“Either you really like my cooking or you really like me to start frequenting this place.”

“You're really full of yourself Lia. Obviously it's the extra strawberries you give me.” Aubrey said picking up the strawberry covers in whipped cream on top of the waffles.

“I'd like to think I'm providing you a service.”

“And that would be?”

“My company.”

Aubrey laughed and motioned to the seat across from her.

“Since you have no customers you can help me finish this.”

“So you mean I eat the waffles and you eat the strawberries?”

“Bingo.” Aubrey laughed,sticking another strawberry in .

For the past few weeks this had become a routine for the two. Aubrey would stop by once or twice a week after physical therapy. She'd order strawberry waffles if she was hungry or just an iced drink and write in her notebook or work off her laptop.

“So where's your sister? She hasn't been here the last couple of times I've visited.”

“She's been doing interviews in the back. Summers coming and we always get slammed.”

“Slammed yet you still have enough energy to go clubbing at night.”

“What can I say, the club's my scene. You know,if you want, I can teach you all about it. Some friends and I are going out Saturday.” Lia spoke, finishing off the last of the waffles.

“The club's not my style, besides I have to meet someone.”

“Someone? You can't be going on dates, you're a taken woman.”

“It's not a date. I'm just meeting up with someone I haven't visited in awhile.”

The office door opened and shut revealing to one woman bowing to the other and leaving.

The other woman walked their way, joining them with a sigh.

“Interviews not going well?” Aubrey asked.

“Horrible.”

“Why don't you just hire Aubrey? She's here enough.”

“You just want some eye candy to look at. Besides you know I can't do that.” The girl said giving Aubrey a cautious glance.

“It's fine. I know Kihyun has taken a liking to this place as well. Besides I won't be here this summer. Traveling back and forth and whatnot.”

“I can't believe you're getting married. You're going to have to come back after the wedding and let me sizing him up. I have to let him know that he only had an unfair advantage otherwise you'd be mines.”

“Again, full of yourself. But if you'd really like to meet him, you can. That is if you'd be okay being cordial, I know Kihyun has probably expressed his displeasure.”

“In more ways than one. If the cafes still up after the wedding you both should stop by.”

“What do you mean if the cafes still up Vivian?”

“We loss our backer. S.M. apparently needs the money for another business venture so they pulled out.”

“They can't do that. We have a contract.”

“Had a contract. It expired last month.” Vivian said, rubbing her temple. “Unless I can find a backer by the end of the summer, we're going to have to close shop.”

“This isn't fair. I've been studying so hard so I could take over the shop.”

“You were going to take over?”

“Vivian's a trainee getting ready to debut soon, she can't run the business at the same time.”

“I didn't know.”

“I don't advertise it. I'm rather old to be a trainee.”

“23 is not old. You guys shouldn't stress so hard,  the man upstairs only gives you as much as you can handle.”

“No offense Aubrey but you can't even handle your arranged marriage. Id say that's not valid advice.”

“I see Kihyun has filled you in with more than enough details, but there are still things that no-one knows. I guess you can't keep things straight since you only know Kihyun’s story. In any case you've chosen Kihyun’s side, I hope that you can help him become happy again, no matter what the cost.” Aubrey said grabbing her songbook off the table and her bag off the chair.

“I assure you I will. I'll make as if you had never entered his heart.”

“Good luck erasing 20 years worth of memories.” Aubrey said over her shoulder before exiting the cafe.

 

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》


 

Ql-stYq2zuC5gWTQIyXizTb3B2B1Q27TTqgAIvrlC_fQ0r5-7PaZ9mx11kVtyw_FFAi1DjuoA5yyV5E-0Xz-lAMYHFST03X1NX52TvkbKMVqV3Znw7l_U7pBmCcA7iDkB1yrkBYO

Reign

 

hD8xXm-vxz4iIMf4CacIfgUju0Im2M3hyx9W106qB6KN32Y1ZuTPiv55nlfaKT-Ohf5awQvf3b1d1j8YjlHWr3HPuLbntXFHx1lgBZxeJMroY8BspvWwOC6tBPf_xwH_fh6_cslC

Emily


 

“I can't believe you're embarrassing me by wearing overalls.”

“I can't it's not butter.” Emily laughed to which Reign just rolled her eyes. “Seriously though, you're probably overdressed.”

“You're never overdressed when making first impressions.” Reign said opening the door to the practice room where they'd meet the others.

“See, told you you were over dressed.”Emily whispered as she walked past Reign, and towards an available seat in the middle of the rows set up.

“Welcome. I'm Sang Wook and I'll be the one watching over you young ladies progress as we move forward with training.” Sang Wook spoke as Reign made her way to the open seat next to Emily.

“See we have an new face here.” Sang Wook announced, looking at Emily.

“I brought her. I thought it be nice to have some friendly support as well as giving her the chance to consider auditioning for the company.”

“Good thinking Ryeyeon. Well it's nice to have you here Ms.?”

“Just call me Emily.”

“Very well, Emily. I hope that while your here, we can spark some interest.”

“I'd definitely say the chances are slim…” Emily said with a small smile.

“But there is still a chance. As of this moment there are 7 of you. One girl is still wrapping things up in America, so she won't be here until you all move in. There is still a search for more girls. There will be a huge amount of work being put into this group and it's important that all possible members be tried.”

“So you're saying that the 7 of us already chosen won't be the ones in the group?” one of the girls asked.

“Not necessarily. We could include more girl and they might not work out making all of you the debuting members.  One of them could work out better than one of you and they get included instead. All of them could be better fits for the concepts and they get chosen instead. It's all in the air really, except for Mei. Why don't you go ahead and introduce yourself?” Sang Wook spoke, motioning the girl named Mei to walk up front.

“Hello. My name is Mei. I'm 23. I've been a trainee her for 5 years. I'm a well enough dancer, I can't really rap, so my main focus all these years have been singing. I look forward to working with you all.” Mei said bowing before retaking her seat.

“Thank you Mei. No matter how the events turn out for this group, Mei has already been assigned as this group's debut leader. Before leaving today I would suggest you all exchange contacts. I can only be of so much help, so you'll find her more helpful than I.”

The meeting went on with talks about when they would move in, how their schedules would fit with school or work for the first year training, and what not for about an hour and a half before Sang Wook said they could go ahead and walk around the building just not to disturb any artist in the building.

“So before we get going, we should all get introduce ourselves. Like I said before i’m Mei.”

“Raeyeon, but please just call me Reign.”

“I'm not part of the group, but in Emily.”

“Hyemi.”

“Maeleen.”

“Sienna.”

“Vivian.”

“Don't you work at the cafe?” Reign asked Vivian.

“I own it actually, but yeah. Didn't think you'd remember me, since I've only seen you once.”

“You know each other?” Mei asked, leading the girls down the hall towards the studios.

“Yeah. She has this bomb cafe. If we weren't so busy with school right now we'd be there a lot more.”

“It's fine. I get enough from business from Kihyun’s twice a month pop ups and Aubrey 2-3 times a week visits.”

“Weird that they don't talk to each other but they frequent the same place.” Emily said rolling her eyes.

“Kihyun? As in Monsta X Kihyun? His vocals are my livelihood.” Sienna beamed.

“Please. It's clearly Jooheon’s crazy rap skills and Wonho’s appeal.” Maeleen argued.

“Honey, you can do so much better than Jooheon.” Reign said placing her arm on Maeleen’s shoulder, the girls face holding confusion.

“Don't listen to her. He's a sweet guy, a gentleman really.” Emily said glaring at Reign.

“I love to think of myself as a real bad boy.”

The girls looked up to see Namjoon, aka Rap Monster, stopping before them.

“You and bad boy should never be used in the same sentence.” Emily whispered.

“Ouch. I see my reputation hasn't come full circle yet.”

“Neither has your wardrobe.” Emily retorted.

“Sorry about her. She just doesn't know high fashion.”Reign said pulling back Emily.

“I don't think anyone could be high enough to understand his fashion.” Emily spoke again, gaining gasp from the other girls. Namjoon’s mouth stood open. It was the first time a member of the opposite had ever talked to him this way.

“So what's up Nam?” Mei asked, trying to loosen up the atmosphere.

“Sang Wook told me you were giving the other girls a tour. I thought maybe they'd want to meet the others.”

“The others? As in the other 6 guys that make up BTS?” Sienna question, making a horrible attempt not to outwardly fan girl.

“Is fangirling all you know how to do?” Hyemi asked, annoyed.

“It's not everyday you meet idols,especially the ones that you look up too and will have as teachers. Cut the girl some slack.” Emily told Hyemi, sticking up for Sienna.

“Wow. You really can be nice to people. So you look up to us huh?”

“Keep pushing me, you'll have a fate worse than death.” Emily said giving Namjoon shivers as she adjusted her hat.

“Why don't we go see the others?” Mei said leading the girls towards the BTS’s practice room.

All the girls followed behind,Reign lagging so she could talk to Namjoon.

“Don't mind her, she's harmless really.”

“She just gave me a death threat and she's supposed to be harmless?”

“Really, she is. She just might not like you, is all.”

“Never met someone who didn't like me…” Namjoon said holding the door open for Reign to walk in before him.

“Don't get to close, one of them bites back.” Namjoon commented, see the boys looking the girls over.

“Who are they?” Jungkook asked, trying to not be as rude the other members.

“They would be the newest members of the Bighit family.” Namjoon said walking over to their side if the room.

“You guys are trainees?” Jin asked. Usually Jin would be the first in Bighit to learn if any new trainees, so it came as a shock to hear about their entry into the company.

“Were actually up for debut. I'd like to think of us as the future of female kpop. Bighit’s first successful girl group.” Reign spoke, correcting Jin.

“Debut? As a group? I don't even know why you'd consider bighit considering their past with girl groups.”

“They aren't the girls from past groups. Aren't you supposed to give out encouraging words to them.” Emily snapped back at Jimin.

“You keep implying this has nothing to do with you.”

“It doesn't Sugar. Or would you rather me call you doll face?” Emily smirked.

“You'll have to excuse her. She's not normally this bold with her words.” Reign apologized, pulling Emily towards the back of the group.

“She does have a valid point.” Jin said placing a hand on Yoongi’s shoulder, preventing him from saying anything more, so the younger settled for a subtle glare that only had Emily sticking her tongue out at him.

“Allow us to properly introduce ourselves. I'm Kim Seokjin, oldest member of BTS.”

“Yoongi.”

“Im Jhope. Jhope, I'm your hope.” Hoseok smiled. “Just call me Hoseok.”

“I'm 4D Alien, hello I'm Taehyung.”

“I'm your monster, I'm Namjoon.”

“More like monster of destruction.” Jin spoke, making the girls as well as the members laugh.

“I'm not that bad.” Namjoon denied.

“You broke my favorite vase by shutting the door.” Jin said shaking his head.

Namjoon just pouted and kept quiet, knowing there was no way he could redeem himself.

“I'm Park Jimin, but you can call me Jimin. Not to be confused with other Jimin's.”

“Seeing as the others are girls, it shouldn't be so hard, even with the height.”

“Emily! Bite it.” Reign said putting her hand over Emily's mouth.

“She's funny. I'm the youngest member, Jungkook. I hope we can all be friends.”  

“I'm the leader of this unnamed group, Mei.”

“Sienna.”

“Hyemi.”

“Maeleen.”

“Vivian.”

“Ohhh! Baby Vee!” Taehyung said giving Vivian the nickname. “Us letters need to stay together.” Taehyung said taking out his phone and snapping a picture with his new best friend.

“That's really cute. I'm Reign.”

“Is that your real name?”

“Is Sugar your real name?”

“Again excuse her. It's been awhile since she's been in the company of new people.”

“Maybe you should put a muzzle on it.”

“Dare you to say it to my face.”

“I have no problem with that.” Yoongi said sitting up, only to be pushed back down by Namjoon.

“We don't go after girls.”

“Is she even a girl? Look at what she's wearing?”

“What's wrong with my outfit?” Emily said, taking offense.

“The question is what’s right with it.”

Emily's face hardened.

“So you're saying whoever pick this out has horrible fashion sense?”

“Well it's definitely not good.”

“Hmm..interesting…. Lady's it was nice meeting you all, but I have a call to make. Reign I'll be outside when you're all finished. Have a good night Jin, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook.” Emily said before leaving the practice room.

“I apologize on her behalf again.”

“You really have interesting choice in friends. I hope she doesn't bring your group down.”

“She's not a member, Yoongi. Reign just brought her along.”  Vivian spoke.

“In any case, since you'll all be around for a long time it seems, I hope we can all stay on the best of terms.” Jin spoke for everyone with a smile.

The girls stayed and talked with the boys some more, telling them they'd be back soon, with the exception if Reign who wouldn't be back until after the school concert.

“Alright, everyone has everyone's number. I'll make a group chat soon so we can all get to know each other better.” Mei said as the stood in the front of the Bighit building.

“If you guys aren't doing anything this weekend, we could be up at my cafe…. It would make things less formal.”

“That's a great idea i'm down if you guys are.” Sienna said, giving her approval.

The other girls gave nods of approval.

“Great! We can pick a time when we set up the group text.” Mei said before the girls started saying goodbyes.

Reign walked outside and saw Emily leant up against the car on the phone with who she could only assume was either Jonghyun or Yixing, since Yixing had given her the hat that she had currently paired with the overalls that Jonghyun had given her.

She figured she give her a little more time when Vivian walked past her.

“Hey Vivian! What a coincidence that you're in the group too?”

“Yeah. It's crazy right. I hope we both do our best to debut.”

“So do i, that's why I have a proposition for you. We'll need all the exposure we can get to have a leg up, so I was wondering…… why don't you perform with me at the school concert?”












 

nAPPvkqvKEPKOvMgZEzBBNir80aNW_j9PHIDaK7rTOu9DRKo6DCpV-sKM2GNvOC1eDuvoCslzVOPtKYHchkcW6zV8Dvn7EaPjZu05CG279snCX5CCnJPfiAD2U76JNqd7CkQ190D

Mei Wang

23 years old

Former JYP trainee/ Current Bighit trainee

Singer & Leader of Bighit’s up and coming girl group



 

n1P5aWSS_9_jhK8pk74bN_kcT4YL9qo3-XB3UGa9gEjuVDWgiOXZM7zY-izg-ETGkrmyM6X6PSdxFhG2Bkx52gw86QqcFfaIf6hncXmm6YmsEUWp2xhGuNWQuVEOrtULZ4gnB77Y

 

Hwang Vivian

23 years old

Trainee at Bighit

Owner of Rabbit in the Moon cafe

New found friend of Kihyun


 

FvbJ65e25YDQQKekHjZb1zQ1xow7-92ciaeEnF39HbSkcBgNsf4NFNPtPJ_xHMHKBXwy5dHgEtQBWwKcgwfJnyLVHwZ8dZZYjED5WhbUvnxgxsTeqpQ3ScGzbs0JM8v--OL6WyBf

 

Hwang Lia

21 years old

Vivan’s younger brother

Aubrey’s new found friend