Thirty one

Lotto

“I can't believe you ended your friendship with Kihyun.” Kayden spoke.

“I can't believe you're getting married.” Reign spoke.

“I can't believe we're in a dress store.” Emily spoke, staring at the dresses.

“You really didn't have to come.”

“What kind of friends would we be if we let you go through marriage prep by yourself?” Emily said from her seat.

“Besides, I love a little dress shopping.” Reign cheered.

“You love all shopping.” Kayden laughed, giving Reign a little push.

“Okay… I'm coming out guys….” Aubrey said before she opened the dressing room door and walked out.

 

kn2G3497BEIH_Ia84abQoytbZqXhm_IEaKRLAxsN_xAhR_Rsa9Znfy4gWy1uSWXowoYk4sf2wRf6KD7_cWIyOC41kKystR5O9QZCTTGewNpIzCPzxCvj05wKZHBdTUOjIqRmpR0D

 

“OH. MY. God.” Reign called out, mouth wide open.

“Its beautiful.”

“You look amazing Aubrey. Stunning. This is really happening. You're really going to get married.” Emily said wiping a few tear.

“Em please don't cry.” Aubrey spoke, the lone tear that fell.

“I remember you always saying you'd never get married. You hated the idea of standing in front of people to declare love for another. And know you're here…..engaged…..wearing a dress…… you're really not the girl I befriended years ago.”

“You're not the girl I met freshman year either. Back then you were so closed off, I couldn't even tell if you liked me or hated me. But now you're open, probably my fault, you started to let us know everything you never wanted to be known. You're really matured.”

“Are we really doing confessions?” Kayden laughed. “Okay. So I gotta admit, when you walked into that studio and Kush told you to some me the ropes. I was hella jealous. How can this random chick know so many people in the industry? What could this girl possibly teach me? What is it about this girl that makes everyone love her? Well I found out that it was passion. You had a have a natural gift. A beautiful voice for singing, a strong voice for rap, a stage presents that is out of this world. I can't keep my eyes of you. Your dedication is something that I admire. You inspire people around you. And for that I thank you for this beautiful friendship.”

“You guys!” Aubrey said waddling with her dress to go hug them.

“But your dress…”

“Eff the dress Reign!” Aubrey said pulling her into the hug.

“Go change so we can eat our feels.” Emily laughed, wiping her tears.

“Anything for my little fatty!” Aubrey smiled as the attendant help her back to the dressing room.

The girls wiped their faces and Reign fixed her make up before sitting back down.

“You guys…..”

“Hmm..” Kayden and Emily said at the same time.

“I'm really happy for Aubrey, don't get me wrong. But I think there's something wrong with this.”

“Of course there is. It was an arranged marriage.” Kayden said matter of factly.

“Other than that. When she came out in that dress…… the feel was off….. her eyes weren't sparkling….. they were dull.”

Kayden looked at Emily and vice versa.

“Maybe you're over thinking things? You have had her best interest at heart, but I don't think this is anything we can help with. Taekwoon hyung couldn't even do anything to stop this.”

“She's right… we just need to support her is all….”

“How can I support her like this? I can't let her do this and ruin her life…… it's all a mistake….”


 

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

 

“Why are you here?”

“Come now Baekhyun, is that anyway to talk to your hyung?”

“Just let him in Baek…..” Jongdae spoke, opening the door wider.

Baekhyun reluctantly moved out of the way so that Yifan could walk in.

“Are the others here as well?”

“In the living room.” Jongdae answered, walking to the living room.

“Why are you here?” Baekhyun whispered once more.

“Is it a crime to come visit the people I spent the most time with when I lived here?”

“Yes. I know that's not the real reason that you're here.”

“Your right. I have something very important I want to as you all.” Yifan said leaving Baekhyun by the door.

Baekhyun closed the door and sighed. He knew Yifan was here to tell the others about the wedding but what could he possibly need to ask the whole group.

Baekhyun walked to the living room to see Yifan and Yixing hugging. Although Baekhyun’s heart warmed at the sight, he couldn't help but feel bitterness know his ill intentions.

“We didn't know you were back in Korea.” Minseok told Yifan as they hugged.

“I just got back about a month ago. Things were really hectic so I couldn't come visit right away.”

“What matters is that you came back. I didn't think any of us would get to meet again.”

“Things work in mysterious ways Joonmyeon. We all just need something to gather for.”

“Then what such occasion would we have for gathering?” Chanyeol asked skeptically.

 

Although Chanyeol and Yifan seemed to be close when Exo held it's original 12 members, they actually didn't like each other, often avoiding one another when every possible.

 

“I'm getting married.” Yifan said handing them each an invitation.

“You're getting married. Who's the dumb girl you tricked into marrying you?” Kyungsoo question, not accepting the invitation.

Yifan sat back down in his seat, sitting tall before he spoke again.

“She actually happens to be a friend of Baekhyun’s. Possibly yours as well.”

Sehun looked over to Baekhyun. “He's not talking about who I think he is, right?”

Baekhyun remained silent.

“Right!?” Jongin, said with a raised voice.

Baekhyun just nodded slightly.

“The you are! You're not marrying her! Baek you're just going to let him marry her!”

Baekhyun stared at the invitation he gripped in his hand. “There's nothing that I can do. She's already agreed to it a long time ago. There's nothing I can say that would change her mind.”

“What about Kihyun!? Didn't Emily try and stop her?” Joonmyeon asked looking at Lay.

“I haven't seen or talked to Emily in a month. And even then she never mentioned Aubrey.” Yixing spoke quietly.

“So you came here to tell us this?” Minseok said through gritted teeth.

“Partially. I wanted to ask you all to come. I understand if you don't want to but this is a big moment in mines and Aubrey’s life. Tao and Luhan will be there as well, it could be like an Exo reunion. Show that there's no bad blood. If not for me, for Aubrey, she is a friend after all.”

“You want us to go to the wedding?”

“Of course. You're dating her best friend, and Minseok's dating her friend Reign. Whether you think so or not, I still consider you all friends. I don't want to pressure you into answering now, so I'll leave and let you all think on it. I hope you all make the best decision.” Yifan said, showing himself out.

 

“You knew!?” Joonmyeon spoke after hearing the click of the door.

“It's not exactly something I want to know. It's an arranged marriage. There's not much i, or any of you, can do to stop it. Aubrey has her mind set in having this wedding.”

“Maybe that's why Emily has been avoiding me. She didn't want to say anything to me about this.” Yixing pouted.

“Emily didn't know. She probably still doesn't. Aubrey was pretty tight lipped about this whole thing all this time, I'm sure the girls knew nothing.”

“So what do we do? Do we go?” Chanyeol asked.

“Taemin’s going, mostly the rest of. Vixx is going. Dasom will probably go, along with the girls. I'm not to sure about Kihyun, but Hoseok will most likely go. I'm sure she'd understand if any of you didn't show up.”

“So you're going?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I'm not going to let this wedding ruin the friendship I'm building with her. I may not approve of this arranged marriage, but that's my friend and I won't let her stand alone. If this is what she wants, I'll stand by her.” Baekhyun spoke, before getting up and leaving the room.

“I'm going.”

“You sure you want too?” Minseok asked Yixing.

“Yeah. The girls are going to need our support as well. I'm not going to let Emily go through this alone, especially if Hongbin will be there.”

“He's right. We shouldn't let Reign go through it alone either.” Sehun spoke.

“Then I think that settles it.” Chanyeol spoke, looking at each of s. “We're going.”

 

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

 

“I can't believe you guys aren't officially dating yet.” Kayden told Reign as she pops another fry in .

“I don't want to rush anything. He's the most stable thing I have right now.”

“That's smart. Better than fast tracking.” Emily said looking towards Aubrey.

“You call it fast tracking, I call it an early start on life. But since we're talking fast track's, how was Madrid?”

“It was Uh-Maze-Ing! The scenery was beautiful. The food phenomenal. Getting to play with the guys defiantly didn't hurt.”

“You did come back glowing. With everything going on, you definitely needed it.” Kayden smiled.

“Just don't go showing Yixing that glow, it's def be going down.” Reign laughed.

“Ohhhh no no no no. Nothing will be going down. I'll have Jonghyun on 365 watch if I need to. Don't move fast like me. Graduate from school first. Get a job in America. Make a career, a name for yourself. Make a plan.”

“I have a plan…..or at least had one.”

“What do you mean you had one?” Reign questioned.

“Well…. I had a plan….then I went to Madrid…...i love it there…..like i really love everything there….. new sights, sounds…...trying new foods and speaking the language…… playing soccer everyday really topped it off. I learned so much from them…. There's so much I still can learn…..”

“Em. Are you saying that you want to go back?” Kayden asked, dropping the fry back on her plate.

“They made an offer…..”

“Like a summer offer? Em, that's great. Congratulations.” Aubrey cheered.

“It's not exactly like that….”

“So what's it like Em?” Reign asked staring at Emily.

“They offered me a year paid internship. They'd pay part of my tuition as well as letting me live with the team to really get the experience.”

“Pay your tuition? Does that mean you won't be here for school in the fall?” Kayden questioned.

“I haven't decided yet.”

“What!!!” the 3 girls said loudly.

“That's a big change for me.”

“But it's a change you need. Get out of Korea. Enjoy a beautiful and fulfilling life.”

Emily put her head down.

“I don't think that's why she a hesitating Aubrey. Have you told Yixing about this?” Kayden asked calmly.

Emily kept her head down, waiting for her lecture.

“Emily, you need to talk to him about this! Is that why everytime I ask about Yixing , you change the subject?”

“Reign, keep your voice down. Why is this a matter that she needs to discuss with him? If anything she should make the decision herself before speaking to him. It's her life.”

“I agree with Aubrey, although it love to have a problem that involved a guy.” Kayden pouted.

“You can have Yifan. I've been looking for a replacement.”

Kayden stared at Aubrey, along with Reign.

“I was joking.” Aubrey laughed, taking a sip of her drink. “But seriously Em, take all the time you need before making the decision. You don't want to regret anything.”

Emily sighed. She was hoping that the best choice would come fast and easy, but nothing ever goes right when feelings are involved.