Thirteen

Lotto
 

“I have a proposition for you, Choi.” Jo Kwon said after the student's had left.  

“Lay it on me Kwonnie.” Reign said, as she put her on the chair in front of her.

“Don’t call me Kwonnie.”

“I’d like to think we're friend’s.”

“You my student.”

“Suit yourself Kwonnie. So what’s this proposition?”

“I know you're into the music scene. You watch music shows i'm sure. An opening is available for a student to fill in as the singer on stage tomorrow.”

“You want me to perform on stage tomorrow?”

“So what do you say?”

“I say no. One day day isn’t enough time for me to make a stage for live t.v.” Reign said declining the offer.

“You won't be making the stage, all you have to do is learn the it. A group made a comeback using a trainee as the female singer. Each week they have different idols sing the female part. This week’s artist cancel due to family issues.”

“So why doesn’t the original singer go on stage instead?”

“Do you want the stage or not? I could ask Sojung instead.” Jo Kwon said, before he stood up.

“I’LL DO IT!” Reign yelled.

Jo Kwon turned and smirked at her. “I knew you’d accept.”

A girl stood from her seat in the back and walked down the aisle to stand beside Jo Kwon.

“Reign, this is Kayden. She’ll be teaching you your stage. Do well, when you come back on monday we can discuss preparations for the end of the year performance.” Jo Kwon spoke before leaving the theater.

“Why don’t we get started?” Kayden spoke, making her way to the stage.

“Sure, but if you know the stage so well, why do you just perform.”Reign asked, stepping up to the stage.

“My brother has a stage tomorrow. I want to be supportive. I want my performance to be my own, not shadowed by his nor compared to it.” Kayden said, pulling her phone in to the speaker.

“You brother’s an idol?”

“He’s not an idol, he’s The Official Pimp.” Kayden laughed.

“You’re related to T.O.P?! Like Big Bang’s T.O.P?”

“The one and only.”

“That must be cool. Big Bang is like one of the hottest groups around. You must be super close to the members then..”

“Mmmm….yeah…. Let’s get started. This isn't hard, since you just come in and out of the song….” Kayden said, as she began teaching Reign what she needed to know.

 
 

₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

 

“Are you okay?” Emily asked Aubrey.

“Mhhhh…” Aubrey replied, staring at her ceiling.

Emily stared at her. “You sure? You’ve been relatively quiet all week.”

“Mhhh…. Just thinking…..” Aubrey said still not looking at Emily.

“You wanna talk about it? Maybe it’ll help you figure things out.”

The room was silent as Aubrey debated on telling Emily her thoughts.

“Well-” Aubrey started but was cut off when Emily’s phone rang.

Emily looked at her phone to see Yixing calling her.

“It’s Yixing isn’t it?” Aubrey asked.

“It’s unknown….”

“So don’t answer it.”

Emily ignored her answered the phone anyway.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Is this Emily?”

“The better question is who are you?”

“Sorry. Tis is Hyungwoo. I got your number from Kihyun’s phone.”

“Okay, so what do you want?”

“I was wondering if we could talk faced to face.”

“Sure, but why?”

“I’ll tell you when we meet. Are you free now?I’m out with ChangKyun right now,....we could meet at a restaraunt and talk….”

“Yeah i'm free now.”

“Great! I’ll text you the place.”  Oh! Don’t tell Aubrey I called.Hyungwoo said, before hanging up.

“Who was it?” Aubrey asked, when Emily hung up and walked to her closet to find something to wear.

“Oh. it’s nothing. I just need to go out for a little bit.” Emily said as she finished dressing.

Image result for autumn outfits

“Okay….be careful……”

“I will….” Emily said as she shut the door to the room.

Emily got in her car and drove to the Chipotle about 20 minutes away fro the dorm. She walked in and quickly spotted Hyungwoo and who she assumed to be Changkyun.

“Here. We got you something already. I hope it’s right. Changkyun called Ki to see what you liked, but he didn't write it down.” Hyungwoo said as Emily sat down.

“Sorry…” Changkyun apologized.

“Don’t worry about it. It looks fine.”

“Your english is very fluent.”

“I go to America with my brother’s group every year. I also major in it and teach it, so i spend a lot of time speaking it. But im sure thats not what we’re here to talk about. Mind telling me why i’m here.” Emily asked touching her food.

“Well it’s about Ki….”

“Don’t you think i’d be better to talk to about him?”

“Not when  it concerns her.”

“Concerns her? What’s going on?”

“The night you guys went to homecoming. Ki took Jooheon along with Dasom and Aubrey home.”

“Yeah i remember. Reign when back to her brother’s and Yixing took me to my brother’s.”

“Well that night Ki took Dasom and Jooheon back first before taking Aubrey home. Aubrey wasn’t exactly herself because of the drinks she had…… she kissed Ki.”

“SHE KISSED HIM?” Emily yelled, causing the other customers to look.

“Shhhh….. Yeah, but she doesn't remember it happened. It all he thinks about and it’s starting to affect practice. That’s why i asked that the group get  week off so we could figure everything out, at least for the most part.”

“Okay, so what do you need from me?”

“Talk to her before Sunday…...You've known her the longest after Ki.”

“But if she doesn’t remember anything about kissing him, what am i supposed to do?”

“Why don’t you see if she’s ever thought of him that way? That way you brought up the subject of Ki as a man and not her friend.” Changkyun spoke, after finishing the last of his burrito.

“I guess that’s worth a shot….I always figured Ki would end up liking her. They're insperable almost.”

“It would be great if we could get them together….” Hyungwoo spoke.

“It would, wouldn’t it……”

 

₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

“Just leave Kris.”

“No. Not until you hear me out.”

“What’s there to tell me? I help you out once, and next thing you know i'm being told that i'm going to marry you.”

“How was i supposed to know our mothers knew each other? If i did i wouldn't have asked you for your help.”

“It doesn't exactly matter now, now does it?”

“I'm sorry you got mixed up in this, but we can make a deal.”

“A deal? Why would i want to make a deal with you?

“Because you know as well as i do that neither of us, will be able to get through this without the others help.”

“I'm tired of helping. I'm not marrying you. I have plans for my life and it doesn't include getting married. My internship. The olympics. I don't have time for the tediousness that is marriage.”

“What if you don't get the internship? What if you don’t make the olympic team? What will you do then?”

“They aren’t what if’s. I will do the thing i've set out to do. I worked hard to get where i am and where i want to be. Im closer now more than ever and im not going to be stopped by a measly wedding,”

“What about my life? Have you ever thought about the reason why i'm trying to make this easier for the both of us? I don't want to marry you either.”

“Great. Glad you understand. You can leave now.”

“But i need to….My mom raised me herself. All i want to do as her son is to make her happy. That’s all i want. Don't, you want to do the same for your mother?”

“No. I don’t, that’s what my brother is for.”

“You have to think about it from her point of view. She just wants what’s best for you. To make sure you're taken care of. Since your dad isn’t alive anymore, and your brother has a life of his own she just wants to make sure that your supported.”

“I am supported. I have my friends. I don't need to get married for support.”

“I see talking isn’t going to get us anywhere…...Just think about what i've said. We can talk once you realize getting married is the best option right now.” Kris said before picking up his jacket and heading out..

Aubrey sat tiredly on her bed and stared at the family picture on her bedside table.

“You're not going to believe this!” Reign yelled, walking into the room  5 minutes later.”

“What now?” Aubrey said kind of  cranky.

“Cranky much?! Anyway! I'm performing on Inkigayo tomorrow! Isn’t that amazing!!”

“Just swell.” Aubrey said pushing her face farther down into her pillow.

“I also meet this girl Kayden, and she helped me learn my parts because she’s the original female singer. She’s a trainee at YG, where her brother is an idol of one of the hottest male idol groups around. Also i invited her out to dinner with us tonight.” Reign said digging through her clothes.

“What dinner?” Emily asked as she walked into the dorm.

“The one i made up so we could hang out with our new friend.”

“Our new friend?” Emily asked.

“Yeah! I'm sure you’ll love her. I told her 7:30, so Bre you should start getting ready.” Reign said, walking out the room to shower.

“Do i have to go?” Aubrey asked, pulling the blanket over her head.

“Depends on how you answer my question.” Emily said sitting on Aubrey’s bed.

“....Ugh…..”

“Say someone likes Ki, would you let them ask him out?”

“Sure if i think they're good for him.”

“So you wouldn’t be mad?”

“No. Why would i be?”

“Well you know Ki since you were young. You know almost everything there is to know about him, You both practically inseparable. Would you really be ok with someone having a similar role in his life?”

“As long as she doesn’t take my best friend from me, were fine.”

“So you’d be okay with someone hugging him? Cuddling him? Kissing him? Maybe even having with him?”

“Okay Em, where is this going?”

“You’ve never thought of Ki in a romantic way?”

“Of course not! He’s my best fiend. That would be weird our parents used to bathe us together during sleepover. No way have i ever thought about him like that.”

“Hmmmmmm….okay…… oh and by the way, your still going to dinner”

“Uggghhhh…” Aubrey groaned as she flopped around in her bed.

 

₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

Reign had spent Friday morning at YG with Kayden, practicing the stage with the other artist. Upon arriving she was nervous, due to performing with artist she had never met before. He nervousness was quickly removed when two idols walked into the room. Although they seemed to be mean at first glance, they were actually very playful. Practicing made Reign really love the stage. It was playful and she couldn’t wait to perform on stage that night.

“So you guy’s wont sit in the back with me?” Reign asked as she watched her friends get dressed.

“No. We’re going to sit in that audience and enjoy everyone's performance in person, not off a t.v. in the back.” Emily said as she put on her shoes.

“But… I need you guys with me to keep me sane.”

“You need us to keep you sane? What are you going to pull us up on stage too?” Aubrey asked as she looked through her sock drawer.

“I can! Im sure you guys could fit in the back somewhere.”

“No thanks. We’ll just see you from the audience.” Emily said, picking a pair of socks for Aubrey so that they could leave.

“...... Fine….. Let’s go. I’ve got hair and makeup to get done before I can actually get dressed.”

 
 

Image result for girls outfits (Emily)

 

Image result for girls outfits (Aubrey)

 
 
 

True to their words, Aubrey and Emily left for the audience as soon as they arrived leaving Reign to meet Kayden in the dressing room.

Emily and Aubrey Enjoyed themselves in the audience cheering to other idols groups. Soon the night was ending and it was time for Reign’s performance. Needless to say Reign slayed the performance. Reign couldn’t tell if the cheering was for her or the two idols, but either way she loved it. Reign walked off stage with idols and walked to the back, meeting Kayden along the way.

“You were great. Almost as good as the original.” Kayden said as she flipped her hair.

“It was awesome. I see what you mean about wanting your own stage. The cheers were great but I want to hear the cheers for me instead.”

“You should think about becoming a trainee. I know YG is having auditions soon, think about it.”

“You know i’ll do just that.” Reign said, straightening her hair.

“Come on. You be needed back on stage again when the winner is announced.” Kayden said as she opened the door.

The two walked back to the stage area. Reign stood beside the two idols she performed with along with Kayden who was allowed on stage, since Big Bang was a in the running for winning tonight.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

“That was great Reign! Your voice was amazing!” Emily said as they got into the car.

“Thank’s I can't wait to watch the performance later.”

“You looked awesome thats for sure. You really looked like you were an idol.” Aubrey said from the backseat.

“Thanks. What better way to start off an awesome weekend the performing on Inkigayo! Seriously, this is going to be the best weekend ever.” Reign said as she started the car, heading back to the dorm.

 

New character alert!

3xWx5q_-MtDqKobOx9XYjiTtg8EwhPUgb83IJaVcHGkE0mMvdI9w7TZ5R8DeI8Dd9UTOYCwLzT7dQ_IATwcdWnindQDlj8bwZBhBUNAR8zONZd9uwquids2sLYXW4t9-3LkkvEkQ

 

Choi Kayden

Younger sister of Seunghyun a.k.a T.O.P

 
 

Image result for top

 

Seunghyun

Kayden’s Older Brother

 
 
 

Reign’s performance on Inkigayo