Twenty Five

Lotto

“Get your head out of your bro.”

“Hoseok!” Hyunwoo glared.

“What!? Im not aloud to say what everyone has been thinking? Kihyun, get your head out of your . I get your hurt that she rejected you, but that's still your best friend.”

Kihyun ignored Hoseok for the 4th time today. Hoseok had been trying to convince Kihyun to talk to Aubrey to no avail.

“Just leave him alone. You're wasting your breath.” Changkyun spoke trying to pull Hoseok out of the Kihyun’s room.

“No. He's not wasting enough breath. How can you just lay here? You say you love her! You say that she's your friend! What kind of friend are you!? When was the last time you talked to her? Do you know if she's okay? If she's eating or taking care of herself? Things are changing and i know you're the only who can stop them. So get off your and talk to her.”

“Why do you even care so much?!” Kihyun yelled as he sat up from his bed.

“Why don't you care enough? Are you really going to let years of friendship go down the drain because your hurt?”

“That’s enough!” Hyunwoo yelled.

The boys all looked to Hyunwoo.

“Hoseok leave. You can talk when and if Kihyun wants to. For now you need to calm down.”

“Why are you always defending him? As his friend you should be telling him to get off his and talk to her! You miss her being around as much as the others. I've never seen Minhyuk so calm and bored in my life. All because Aubrey's not here. Kihyun can fix all of this, but he has to get off his first.”

“Why do i have to fix things? The way i see it, there's nothing to fix. She doesn't like me, i can't make her like me. And i can't be around her if i have feelings for her. You're all more than welcome to go hang out with her. So leave me alone.” Kihyun spoke, laying back on his bed, his back facing s.

“You're a disgusting and pathetic excuse for a friend. You don't deserve her, you really don't. I warned you, remember that. You'll never be able to have her and I'll make sure of that.” Hoseok spoke, storming out of the room.

“Hoseok!” Hyungwon and Minhyuk yelled, chasing after him.

“Where are you going?” Hyungwon asked, watching Hoseok put on his jacket and shoes.

“If he doesn't care about her, then I'll go to someone i know will care.”

“Why are you taking this to heart so much? I'm sure if they just have time to cool off they'll be fine.” Minhyuk spoke.

“Time isn't on their side. I'm done with Kihyun. He's going to regret not doing anything, but i won't. I'm going to do everything I can to help and support her because that's what she needs right now.”

“What about what Kihyun needs? He's your friend. He needs you on his side.” Hyungwon spoke, folding his arms.

“I'd pick Aubrey. She needs Kihyun by her side right now, but if he won't, i will.” Hoseok said, leaving the dorm.

Minhyuk sighed. “You don't think he likes her do you?”

“I...i don’t know. ….. Minhyuk i really don't know….”

 

₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

 

PgvXfur5ZGOMT_MReW9HCmjPWQSWaFjsmLyVHdZ0n7nWZMeRwX9aTAo-n5yrpXRBid6XlXgZP20s6rkWRwjknRLPYZaLZHJ6FNTFMT2DqYld_uzs_9JuB62ok2W5bzKru-ykQT2E

 

“Come on Reign! Camping will be fun.”

“Sleeping in a tent on the ground does not sound fun Hayeon.”

“Tell her Em! Aubrey! You both have been camping before.”

“It's really not that bad and that's coming from someone who doesn't like nature that much.” Aubrey spoke looking at the flannel long sleeve shirts.

“See. Even Aubrey likes camping.”

“It's not bad doesn't translate into i like camping.”

“Whatever, but one of you better be my partner. I’ll jump of a cliff I get paired with one of the trio.” Reign spoke moving to look at the bug sprays.

“How do you know I've been camping before?” Emily asked Hayeon with a raised eyebrow.

“....I um...just assumed since Aubrey's been camping before that you have too….” Hayeon spoke before joining Aubrey in the clothes section.

Emily kept her eye on Hayeon before walking to where Reign was.

“Do you think bug spray or this bug repellent bracelet will be more effective?” Reign asked holding up both options.

“Try the bracelet, you won't have to keep spraying yourself.”

“Good idea.” Reign said as she grabbed all the repellent bracelets off the shelf and put them in her basket.

“.... i don’t like her…”

“Huh? Who don't you like?”

“I don't like Hayeon.”

“Really? She so nice though.”

“I don't like her.”

“You're probably just jealous that they spend more time together because of volleyball than you two do now.”

“....no…..that's definitely not it…..but i don't know why….. i just don't like her….”

“Don't like who!?” Hayeon asked as she and Aubrey walked down the aisle.

“...... Se-jin…… i don't like her.” Emily lied, even though that isn't actually a lie.

“Who does like her?” Aubrey spoke.

“I like her. Se-jin unnie is really nice. S.M. manages her activities in Korea, so i see her around the company a lot. She even buys us trainees meals from time to time.”

“Surely it's just an act. Don't trust her Hayeon, she'll definitely find a way to backstab you.”

“.....im sure she won't, but I'll keep my guard up.”

“Why don't we go get something to eat?” Aubrey suggested.

“Sure.”

“I'm down.”

“Sorry, but i told Aaron we could hang out after this.”

“It's fine Hayeon. Go have fun with your boyfriend.” Aubrey said, waving Hayeon off.

“Alright! Let's get some food!” Reign cheered speed walking to the check out, Aubrey right behind her.

Emily stayed behind. She watched Hayeon pull out her phone, seemingly texting someone for a while before going to her car.

“What are doing still standing there? Come on, i'm starving.” Aubrey said, pulling Emily with her out the store.

 

₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

 

“I really think you're over reacting.”

“Says the one who's known since the beginning. Why wouldn't you tell me Key?”

“She asked me not to.”

“But you're my friend.”

“And she's like my little sister. Are you happy that she was at least telling me about her problems?”

“No, because it should have been me.”

“It could have been. You know you're way too overprotective of her. So much you scared her out of wanting to tell you. Emily is a smart, strong, beautiful, young lady. Of Course boys would line up for her. She was smart with her choices. She knew exactly what she deserved in a relationship and didn't settle for less. She stood up for herself when she needed. She loved and received love. That's how she grew. She grew because she learned, she matured. You have to accept that she's not the little girl that will always call her brother for help. You can't keep her under lock and key for the rest of her life.”

“She all I really have. Our parents aren't around as much. I just want to make sure that she has the best chance for success.”

“And you have done just that. But you have to let her determine her own path to success.”

“I hate that you're right…..”

“I'm always right… now get up. I've got dinner to make and you got some apologizing to do…” Key spoke, opening the door to Jonghyun’s room.

Jonghyun and Key walked out to the living room, occupied by Jinki and Minho.

“Where’s Tae?” Jonghyun asked taking a seat in the love seat.

“He said he had to met someone.”

“Probably Bre. He only moves that fast when it concerns her.” Minho chuckled.

“Ohhh….i wanted to say this to all of you, but i can just talk to Tae later. I just want to say i'm sorry. I overreacted and lashed out,  i'm sorry for that.”

“It's fine, we understand.” Jinki spoke, patting Jonghyun on the back.

“Yeah, i'm sure if we had a little sister, we'd be the same way.” Minho spoke from his seat on the couch.

“Thanks guys.”

“You shouldn't be thanking us for understanding, you better hope Em understands. You've never blown up on her like that before.” Jinki spoke up.

“I know, but i'll do anything so she'll forgive me. Anything.”

 

₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

 

n5Qdp0UUZ6ys7J-DytUizh6O1yO32ILTwWsmdmiYu97r_6Gfz7iBT55ohgtUEUzaIGwi-q7LLXa0vK8knpy_axybiC263qeT5nVpj6GJMmKfVs8r-7iLgtqznCA8EyFjPfMpv5Mi

 

“Well he was cute.” Reign said as the girls all sat down in the garden area of the cafe.

“Eh.”

“Eh!? Aubrey, he was totally checking you out. He's still checking you out.”

Aubrey turned around and indeed the male cashier was looking at them (or her). His face turning slightly red, he turned away, fiddling with something at the register.

“I’ll have to tell him you're taken. Kihyun, Taemin, Niel, Taekwoon, and Joonmyeon definitely would scare him off anyway.” Emily spoke looking at the flowers as she sipped her smoothie.

“He wouldn’t even have a chance..”

“Only because your standards are so damn high.”

“And yours aren't?” Aubrey replied back to Reign.

“They are, but i think i found someone who exceeds them.”

“You really like Minseok, don't you?” Emily asked her eyes never leaving the flowers.

“Yeah i do. He's what i need. He's so calming and his scent is intoxicating. I think i still have his hoodie.”

“Ew. That's weird.”

“No it's not. Em, tell her.”

“It’s not. Yixing gave me one of his hoodies and i wear it to class on days i'm too lazy to fix myself. Even when me and Hongbin dated, i'd wear his clothes because they smell like him.”

“Hows that whole thing going anyway?” Reign asked Emily.

Emily sighed. “It's not. Jonghyun’s really upset. He won't answer text or calls and when i visit he locks himself in the studio. Meanwhile, Hongbin won't stop texting and calling me.”

“Maybe you should talk to him?” Aubrey spoke.

“Me and him have nothing to talk about. He should talk to his girlfriend about how to act around other people.”

“I'm just happy i made her bleed.” Reign said victorious, high fiving Emily. “Talk about me all you want, but you don't go for my family!”

“Speaking of family, Aubrey -”

“Excuse me?”

The girls looked up to see the female cashier, who had been watering the plants, walking towards their table.

“Ah yes?”

“I don't know if you remember me….i waited on you a few weeks ago.” The female told Aubrey.

“Ohh yeah!! You gave us those freebies.”

“Yeah! I just wanted to say that you and your boyfriend are really cute together. I can't believe i met an idol pre-debut. My friend's and i are die hard Monbebe’s.”

“Ahhh….thank you. I'm sure the boys will be very happy to hear they have avid fans, but he's not my boyfriend.”

“What!? That's such a shame. He's such a cutie! Any girl would be lucky to have him.”

“Yeah, yeah they would…”

“Sienna!!”

“I’ll be leaving first then.” Sienna bowed and walked inside the cafe.

“Well that's not awkward. Who’d you come here with that she'd think you had boyfriend?” Reign asked.

“Kihyun brought me here…..”

“Oh no wonder she thought you guys were dating. You guys act like a couple 24/7.”

“No,we don't.”

“Yeah. Ya do. I really surprised by how long it's taking you two to get together.”

“Em, we aren't getting together.”

“Why not!? You've legit never dated and Kihyun knows you best. Kihyun has never dated and you know him best. You can't say after all this time you've never thought of him as more than a friend?”

“I haven't.”

“So if Kihyun confessed to you and he said he wanted to be more than friends, you would reject him?” Reign asked curious.

“Yes I did.”

“Did? You mean you would?”

“Yeah. I would reject him.” Aubrey tried to cover her tracks.

“Uh uh. You said did. Did you reject Kihyun?” Emily asked, moving her chair closer to Aubrey's, along with Reign.

“.......ummm……. “

“You did, didn't you!?”

“Bre, why would you turn him down? He's like the beat thing to ever happen to you.”

“He is Em, and i'm so grateful for everything he's done for me, but we just wouldn't work out. He's an idol, i'm not. I just don't need that in my life right now. I have the volleyball tournament, and graduation is right around the corner so i have a job to find whether it be here or elsewhere.”

Plus getting married, but she definitely didn't say that aloud.

“What do you mean here or elsewhere?”

“I might not want to stay here and work, Reign. I might want to get experience somewhere else. I might go back to China,  or go to America.”

“But-”

“Em, you can't expect me to stay here forever.”

“it'd be weird without you. You moved out the dorm and only have 3 class, so we don't see each other much anymore. Since you're graduating this year, if you move out Korea, we'd never get to see you.”

“I agree with Em. You're supposed to be our relief from school, we can relax with you if you're not here.”

“Nothing is finally. I'm only looking at my options. Once i graduate, nothing will be the same.”

“All the more reason to spend more time together now.” Emily spoke standing up.

“Well then, let's call Kayden and tell her to meet us at Bre’s.”

“And we can totally get snacks on the way!” Emily smiled.

The two walked out of the cafe, Reign texting on her phone,  the both of them talking away.

Aubrey got up from her seat, moving to follow after her friends when some flowers caught her eye.

 

J1mHYGVVBDnsiFAvqal6cEGzkMIUFW18rKDn0DrWCrUR83Bz5ZVqN5Oip8o562KttFMkh5TJJa1ow4mfe8DlECHCTNsDOPDxJIK7FJ8EYa77RenPje-MIEvo65vO0wv28du-t0G1

 

“Begonia’s…”

“You know this flower?”

Aubrey turned to see the male cashier beside her.

“Ahhhh kinda…. My grandmother like to grow flowers of all kinds.”

“Wow that's rare. I thought I was the only one who knew it exists. You know its meaning right.”

“No. I didn't really pay attention to meanings. Learning the names sounded more important at the time.”

“All the more reason to be careful.”

“Be careful?”

“This flower means be careful. You will face many difficulties, you just  have to choose your path wisely.”

“Aubrey, come on!” Emily yelled back into the store.

Aubrey bowed at the male cashier, giving the flowers one last look before heading out of the shop.