Thirty

Lotto

“You don't have to go today.”

“I have too.”

“You don't. You can go Monday. We can go together or I can go for you.”

“Yifan. I'm going. You can't take exams for me and you definitely can register for graduation. I'll be fine don't worry.”

“Aubrey..”

“I've already missed 2 weeks of classes. And the tournament is in 3 weeks, I should be helping them. Plus I don't know how much longer I can hide from Em. She had to hear about the accident from Reign. I also haven't seen her since I dropped her off at the airport………”

“And…….” Yifan spoke, wrapping his arms about Aubrey’s waste.

“I think I'm ready…… Baekhyun knows, Taemin knows, Neil knows, Hoseok knows……. I wanna tell the girls…….”

“And Kihyun…..”

“He's not answering my calls….. I don't know what to do. I want to yell him but with him ignoring me, it just makes me questioning our entire relationship.” Aubrey sighs.

“Maybe I could talk to him…..” Yifan asked hesitant.

“No. Thank you but no. I want to tell him myself.”

“He won't accept this…”

“I know, but he needs to hear this from my mouth. We have a lot to talk about……”

“Are you trying to have a baby out of wedlock?” Neil spoke from the door.

Aubrey released herself from Yifan’s hold.

“I don't see how a hug would result in a baby. How did you even get in the house?”

“I have my ways. Let's go. I don't want you two putting a bun in the oven just yet.”

“How do you know there isn't already a bun in the oven?” Aubrey asked as she walked past Neil and out the room.

“She's not pregnant!” Yifan said in response to Neil's glare.

“She better not be.” Neil spike giving Yifan one last glare before going out the room.

Yifan walked over to the window and saw Aubrey outside getting into Neil's car.

“Sorry babe……” Yifan whispered, pulling out his phone and dialing the number he got from Aubrey’s phone.

 

“Hello?”

“Yoo Kihyun?”

“Who is this?”

“Wu Yifan. Let's meet.”

“Quit playing around. Don't call anymore.”

“I'm not playing. I'll just tell Aubrey that you think your entire relationship was nothing but a joke.”

“Aubrey? What are you playing at?”

Yifan watch as Neil and Aubrey drove off.

“Why don't i tell you in person?”



 

¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

 

“Are you sure you're okay!?”

“I'm fine Em.”

“I swear next time I see her…..ughhh! You should have pressed charges against her.”

Aubrey just shrugged.

“You're really to nice. I definitely wouldn't be letting this go.”

“I'm just tired of this endless circle of drama. It's just some sick, twisted fate that her, Taeyeon, Baek, Neil, and I all would all be brought back together. I really don't have time for the drama. I wanna start working on my future.”

“I guess that's valid. But what are you going to do? You just registered for graduation and your exams are Monday. You're gonna have hella free time.”

“Well for the next 3 weeks I'm going to help coach the team. Afterwards, I think I'm gonna go on a trip.”

“Gonna visit your mom and her boo thang in China?”

“Your mom's gotta boo thang?” Reign questioned as she and Kayden walked up to their bench.

“Dang Aubs. You and Ki better get confessing. You gonna let your mom remarry before you and Ki get married?” Kayden laughed.

“You don't know? She rejected Ki.”

“You what!?” Kayden yelled, gaining looks from people passing by. “ Are you nuts!? He literally worships your being. He's like the best thing that could ever happened to you. You won't ever find a guy that treats you better than he has, does, and will.”

“Kay…..”

“It fine Em. Your right. Ki has been, and will always be the best thing I've ever had. I love him for it, but sometimes things aren't meant to be.”

“I still don't get why you rejected him.”

“It's complicated Reign. But that's not the reason I asked you guys to meet me. You guys free tonight?”

“I have a meeting for the concert tonight, I should be done by 7- 8 at the latest.”

“I have a meeting at YG, but it shouldn't take long.”

“I'm free. I'd rather do anything than figure out what song I'm gonna perform.” Emily said rolling her eyes.

“Great! I have practice today but it'll be done at 7. I have someone I want you all to meet.”

“Not another Hayeon right?”

“No Em, he's not.”

“He!?” Reign and Kayden yelled.

“He's a family friend…..”

“Does Kihyun know him too?” Emily asked.

“No….. We met when I was in China by chance. And then his mom came to visit my mom, we've been hanging out ever since.”

“How come we're just now meeting him?” Kayden asked.

“He went to America for business and just came back a few weeks ago…. He's a really good guy. He also happens to Aaron's cousin.”

“No wonder you and Aaron got so close so fast. Well I'm excited to meet this friend of your then.”

“I think you're more excited that her friend is a guy.” Reign laughed.

“That's not it at all!!!” Kayden stormed off to her class.

“We should probably head to class too. See you tonight.” Emily spoke, giving Aubrey a hug and heading off.

“You should get going too.”

“My class doesn't start for another 30 minutes…..i was wondering if I can ask you something.”

“Sure…”

“I was wondering if you would reconsider performing at the concert? I'd really love it you did. Em’s performing and Kayden too. I was thinking the four of us perform a song together. I'd be a great help to Em, that way she's not performing alone and we all get this amazing memory that last a lifetime…..”

“Okay….”

“Okay??? Like as in you'll do it okay???”

“I mean I can't go too extreme because of my arm but I'll do it if it means that much to you guys.”

“Don't joke Aubrey!”

“I'm not joking! I'll really perform.”

“You can't back out.”

“I won't. I promise.”

“This is great! I gotta go tell Min Unnie and Kwonnie!” Reign cheered as she ran off.

“Fool…” Aubrey chuckled as she headed to the athletic department offices.

 

¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

 

“What are you doing here?”

“Thanks for the friendly welcome, Hoseok.” Yifan spoke, walking pass hoseok.

“Seriously. Why are you here? Does Aubrey know you're here?”

“Are You going to be the one to tell her i'm here? Or that i came? I think after i've said my peace, she’ll know.”

“You know this isn't how she wanted this conversation to go. Just leave.”

“Who’s this?” Hyungwon asked walking up behind Hoseok.

“Yifan.” Yifan said as he reached out to shake Hyungwon’s hand.

“Its nice to meet a friend of Hoseok’s.”

“He's not my friend and he was just leaving.” Hoseok spoke, pushing Yifan towards the door.

“I actually came to talk to Kihyun…” Yifan said, spinning away from Hoseok’s push.

“Oh. He's in the living room. Come I'll take you to him.” Hyungwon said, leading the way.

“Leave before you do something you regret.”Hoseok threatened from between his teeth.

“You know well that I can do that. I think it's time we stop hiding this secret, don't you?” Yifan smiled, giving Hoseok a pat on the back, before following after Hyungwon.

Hoseok sighed before following after.

 

“Who’s he?” Jooheon asked, looking up from his video game.

“Yifan. I talked to Kihyun on the phone….”

“You know him?” Changkyun asked Kihyun, skeptically.

“I don't know him. He just said he had something to discuss about Aubrey.”

Upon Aubrey’s name the room went silent.

“Why don't we give them some privacy?” Hyunwoo suggested, getting up from his seat.

“Like hell I'm going to give them privacy. I'm staying right here.” Hoseok said firmly, planting himself on the couch.

“Come on. This isn't something we should interfere in.” Minhyuk spoke, trying to convince Hoseok to get up.

“You tell him, but I'm giving her a heads up. After all she's been through the last thing she needs is to be blindsided again.” Hoseok said getting off the couch and leaving the dorm.

“Take as much time as you need, we'll come back later on tonight.” Hyungwon told Kihyun and Yifan as he ushered the others out of the room.

 

Kihyun waited until he heard the door confirm their departure before her began speaking.

 

“Say what you need to.” Kihyun said, leaning back into the couch.

“Anxious, are we?”

“You're here, I'd say you're the anxious one.”

Yifan smirked trying to hold his laughter.

“If you're here trying to joke around, then leave. I don't have the patience for it.”

“Then exactly what do you have time for?” Yifan asked wiping the smirk from his face.

“Excuse me? Are you here to prioritize my life?”

“That's exactly what I'm here to do. Let me ask you, what exactly is your relationship with Aubrey?” Yifan asked folding his hands.

“What is your relation to her for you to be asking me such a question?”

“That's not how this works pretty boy. I came here to talk but if you don't want to know what I have to say about Aubrey….” Yifan dragged, making it seem like he would leave at any moment.

“Childhood friends. We're childhood friends that have stuck by each other no matter what.”

“Then allow me to asked where you were about two weeks ago?”

Kihyun raised his eyebrow, not understand the questions coming from the man across from him.

“It was our day off and I went out with Changkyun.”

“And the day after?”

“I went out again. Not like this matters.” Kihyun replied slightly irritated.

“Two weeks ago, Aubrey suffered from an unfortunate event.”

“What!? Is she okay!?”

“That would be up to how you look at the situation. Since you answered my call, I can assume your company gives you free range with you cell phones.”

“They do.”

“Then please explain why you never answered any of her calls that day.”

“What are you talking about? I didn't get any call from Aubrey.”

“Really?” Yifan asked pulling out his phone and handing it to Kihyun. “This is a screenshot of Aubrey’s call log that night. 5 times and you never answered a single one.”

“I didn't get any calls.” Kihyun said pulling his own phone out and scrolling to that night two weeks ago.

“I can't exactly take your word. You could have just deleted her calls. The point being is you ignored her. And you weren't there for her. Did you have something to do with her accident?”

“You didn't just accuse me of hurting my best friend on purpose!? I love her! I would never…..NEVER… do something like that to her.” Kihyun yelled, his voice now booming through the empty dorm.

“I'm just covering my bases. It's really weird that Aubrey’s best friend, who loves her so so much, never got her calls. Or knew that she was in the hospital with a concussion and damaged arm.”

“A concussion!? Her arm? But her arm was hurt once before. Is she okay? Is she getting treatments? Her tournament is coming up, is she even going to be well enough to play?”

“I don't really think you have any right to ask of her condition anymore.”

“I have the right. Who are you to tell me what my rights are?”

“I'm the person who changes her bandages. I'm person who holds her hand at night who when she has a nightmare. The person who cares for her. The person who lets her cry and comforts her. The person that let her throw vases and destroy her hospital room when she learned she had nerve damage and couldn't feel her arm. The person who sat beside her as she shut herself from the outside world. I'm the person that you haven't been, and won't ever get to be.”

“You seem high and mighty for some random guy. How do I even know that you know her for sure?”

“Oh, I'm way more than some random guy.” Yifan smiled pulling an envelope from his jacket pocket and passing it to Kihyun.

“What's this?” Kihyun questioned, taking

the envelope and opening it.





 

sE4kVPOZpCskobWRqgKxHUPOOzfo3O8kmt4DJsYBG6rOTJawl_iThUgxCkcog2ngby5Y-KflzSlfiG30TYcEXV5LtUNxJx9Raf2sJe9hS_cUgKU0ipc26avu1M0iWTBdUc-M1QUQ

 

“Still think I'm joking around?”

“You sick bastard. You really have time to make these? Who else have you shown these too?”

“You think marriage is a joke? No wonder Aubrey rejected you. Let me get to the point. Stay away from Aubrey. Honestly, it's a nuisance to have to always hear about you. I love Aubrey and were getting married. I know that she doesn't love me but, I know with you out of the picture I have a chance.”

“Stay away from her?”

“It shouldn't be to hard since you've already distanced yourself from her.”

“Get out.”

“A temper tantrum will get you nowhere.”

“I said get out!!!” Kihyun yelled.

“Fine. I can tell when I'm no longer wanted. But before I leave, let me give you one piece of advice. Don't show up to the wedding. It's been a lot of struggle for our parents in regards to orchestrating this whole wedding. It be a shame for a fellow like you to ruin Aubrey’s happiness. If you love Aubrey like you say you do, you'll let her go and have a better life. One that only I can give her. That's the least you can do, childhood friend.”

Yifan grabbed his jacket and headed out.

Yifan walked to his car with a satisfied smirk. His smirk growing immensely at the sound of broken glass in the dorm he had just left.

Yifan sat in his car and pulled out his phone.

 

“Yifan? What's wrong?”

“I just wanted to hear your voice…”

“Yifan….”

“Tell me I'm doing the right thing…”

“You know I can't tell you that…..”

“Tell me anything…..tell me I'm not a bad person….. tell me….” Yifan cried into the phone.

 

¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

 

“So do you think we can do it?”

“You guys can do anything you put your minds to. I'm not going to lie, it'll be hard. We practiced around me for years and a change like this so suddenly is hard. But if this team wasn't adaptable, then we'd wouldn't have made it as far as we have. I know you guys got this. I believe in you guys, so start believing in your abilities.”

“She's right! We got this! I know I'm not the leader that you all want, but I'm trying and I'll keep try so that we come out on top. I'm willing to do anything for this team to get the shine we deserve.” Bi Na spoke up.

The girls looked at each other, before Yoohyeon spoke up.

“And were willing to do anything to get on top. You've led us this far now it's time to lead you to the top.”

The rest of the girls got up and cheered.

“Alright. Gym on Monday. Now go get some rest.” Aubrey said dismissing the team.

Aubrey grabbed her bag and headed out. Since she was no longer captain, she didn't need to stay and lock up the gym, as it was now Bi Na’s responsibility.

 

Aubrey walked to her car and dug into her bag for her keys when she felt her hand go numb, her bag falling to the ground.

 

“This is so annoying…..” Aubrey whispered as she squeezed her right hand.

“So you really did hurt your arm?”

“...... Kihyun….” Aubrey said as Kihyun picked up her bag.

“You should probably put your arm in a sling if you're losing feeling.”

“My arm is fine.”

“Then how's your life?”

Aubrey raised her eyes to look at Kihyun.

“F-Fine…”

“Fine? Nerve damage and a concussion and you say you're fine…… Ask me how I am?” Kihyun sighed.

“H-How are you?”

“Not well. My entire world hot flipped upside down today. Ask me why?”

“W-Why?” Aubrey stuttered again. It was she could so under Kihyun’s intense gaze.

“Today I found out that my best friend….. the girl I love…… is engaged to someone else…..”

Aubrey eyes widened at Kihyun’s sudden concession.

“When did you plan on telling me?”

“Who told you?”

“It doesn't matter. Did you ever plan on telling me?”

“When the time was right…..”

“And when was that? After you got married?”

“Ofcourse not! Everything in regards to this wedding is complicated.”

“Then simplify it.”

“It was arranged by our parents. Were doing this to make our parents happy.”

“Do you love him?” Kihyun asked, cutting to the chase.

“Huh?”

“Do you love him? Is that why you rejected me? Because you have feelings for him?”

“No. I didn't reject him because I have feelings for him.”

“Then why?”

“Because I have feelings for you.” Aubrey exploded. “I love you Kihyun. It took me a while to figure out my feelings, but I love you. And that's why I rejected you. Marrying him would be easier with you thinking I had no feelings for you.”

“You have feelings for me?”

“I do.” Aubrey said with a small smile, when a few tears fell from her eyes.

“Then don't marry him.”

“What?”

Kihyun grabbed Aubrey’s hands. “Don't marry him. I love you. Marry me instead.”

“Kihyun.”

“I'm serious. Marry me. We can go to a court house right now. We can get Emily, and Reign, Kayden too. We can call your hyung and Taemin. Even Baekhyun can come. Whoever you want.” Kihyun said pulling Aubrey to his car.

“Kihyun stop…...Kihyun please… . Let go!”

“Why? Isn't this what you want? I love you and you love me. It's only right.”

“But it's not. Kihyun, this is so much bigger than the two of us. There are other people that need to be considered.”

“Why do they matter?! You and me. That's all that should matter right now.”

“I have to think about Yifan. I have to think about my mom, my brother, my dad. I haven't been the greatest daughter or sister. I'm not the child that brings prosperity to my family. I'm the child that gets looked down upon. I can't keep putting my mom through that. I have to…..i need to marry him.”

“Then what am I supposed to do? My heart breaks at the thought of you being with him.”

“I'm sorry…… I want to tell you to wait for me, but that wouldn't be fair to you or Yifan.”

“So what do we do?” Kihyun asked, holding back his tears.

“We move on. I'll marry Yifan. You'll go on with your life, enjoy being an idol, meet a pretty girl. Forget about me. From now on we don't know each other.”

“Aubrey!”

“This will make it easy for both of us.”

“Aubrey no. We can find another way to stop all this and be together.”

Aubrey closed her eyes and kissed kihyun’s cheek. “Goodbye Kihyun….” Aubrey whispered in his ear before she turned and walked away.

“Aubrey!!!” Kihyun called after her.

Aubrey ignored him and picked up her pace, heading back to her her car, trying not to let her tears fall.

Once inside her car she took deep breaths before hearing her phone go off.

 

“Aubrey? Where are you?”

“I did the right thing…… so why does my chest hurt so bad?”

“Aubrey, tell me where you are?”

“He'll hate me, but I'd rather he hate me then wait for a ending that can never happen… why can't I ever get my ending? Hoseok, what did I ever do so bad to deserve this life?” Aubrey sobbed.

 

What Aubrey didn't know is that Kihyun was watching her from afar.

 

“If this is what you really want…… then I have no choice but to do what you want…..” Kihyun whispered to himself giving Aubrey one last glance before leaving back to his car. His broken friendship floating in the wind.




 

 

I didnt edit this yall. i got a little emotional and teary eyed writting the end of this chapter. Excuse me while i take my semi emotional self to bed.

Drop a comment, Dm me, leave a message on my wall. Someone tell me they got feels too. T_T