Fourty One

Lotto


 

“I can’t just let you leave for China, Kihyun.”

“Hyung please!?”

“No,Minhyuk. You have a comeback to prepare for. I don’t care how much you want to stop a wedding, you aren’t going.” Monsta X’s manager finalized before leaving out of the practice room.

“Well there goes the direct approach.” Changkyun sighed.

“So what now?” Minhyuk asked the members, more directly to Kihyun.

“If I can’t go to China I’ll just have to find a way to stop it from here.”

“How do you plan on doing that? No one has been able to stop it. Not Reign. Not Emily. Not Taemin or Hoseok. Not Taekwoon. What makes you different than them?” Jooheon asked.

“Because I’m Yoo Kihyun. No ones better than me.”

“Congratulations. It only took you 2 weeks before the wedding to figure it out.” Hoseok clapped dryly.

“Thanks. For someone who’s been against this wedding pretty strongly, you seem pretty quiet on how to help Ki get the wedding stopped.” Hyungwon spoke.

“That’s because of Aubrey. She’s really starting to like this kid. So much so that she’s been more involved in the wedding. Her and Reign are going to shop for another wedding dress. She’s been talking about what to do after the marriage, how long to wait before kids. Not to mention, she was contacted with some major job opportunities for Korea, China, and America. Right now it seems as though this wedding really is the best thing for her.”

“No one knows what’s best for her….. not even herself….” Kihyun spoke.

“So what are you going to do? We can’t even go to the wedding.” Minhyuk pouted.

“There’s always the wedding dinner.” Jooheon spoke from behind his laptop.

“What wedding dinner?” Hyunwoo wondered.

“The one they’re having for everyone before they go to China for the wedding. It’s kind of like Aubrey’s graduation party mixed with a wedding party for people who won’t be going to the wedding, like Emily.”

The members stared at him in shock.

“What?”

“How do you even know these things?” Changkyun asked.

“Reign told me.” Jooheon said like it was supposed to be obvious.

“Dude, do you really like her? At first I thought you were just playing around, but you’ve been doing this ‘act’ for almost a year.” Minhyuk spoke in thought.

“Of course I like her, what’s not to like about her. She’s pretty, funny, caring, feisty, honest, responsible and respectful, oh and did I mention talented.”

“Wow. You really do like her….. but what about Minseok? Doesn’t she have feeling for him?” Kihyun asked.

“You mean that guy that ignored her all day of her because his mom and some ex or an current girlfriend came. Sure she has feelings for him but it doesn’t look like it’ll work out and I’m not going to say that I’ll move now but I’ll just be her safety net. When she needs me I’ll be here and if she ever returns my feelings then I’ll be happy.”

“When did you turn so sappy.” Hoseok said with a roll of his eyes.

“I guess that’s what love does to you….right Ki.”

“Right…..”


 

•••••••••••••••••••

 

“Why exactly am I here?” Emily asked after 10 minutes of silence.

“I wanted to apologize for my behavior the past few times we met.”

“I don’t want your apology, next.”

“Seriously…. The members…. we… me….I’ve had a lot on my plate the last few months or really the past year with comebacks and producing. You were already snapping at Namjoon and Jimin, we aren’t really used to girls attacking us in person like that…. and I know I was wrong to tell you your opinion doesn’t matter because it did….it does…. I saw you at the benefit concert….. you were amazing…..you definitely have all the qualifications to judge my music…..”

“....I guess I can accept your apology…. but only because you realize my talents and because Reign still is apart of the company.”

“I’m sorry to come between the friendships you guys have.”

“It’s fine. Our friendship was being tested before meeting you.”

“I apologized to her as well. You should talk to her… I know your friend Aubrey’s wedding is soon and I don’t want things tense because of me.”

“I’m not going to the wedding.”

“Because of me?”

“Because I don’t agree with the method used. I’ve never been one to agree with my life being picked for me and playing out what others want. I don’t trust Yifan. I feel like he’s hiding something from her, but yet she trust him like she’s trust me. Defends him like she does me, and that’s how I know….she really cares deeply for him and I won’t be the one to ruin her special day.”

“Does she know? That you aren’t going?”

“Yeah I’ve talked to her about it…. she doesn’t really mind, but that’s nothing shocking since she’s never wanted this big of a wedding. Anyway, you’ve apologized so I’m going to head out.”

Emily spoke, grabbing her jacket from the chair.

“Wait!”

“Yes?” Emily asked pausing in putting her jacket on.

“I’ve been working on a song for my mixtape…. I was wondering if you’d sing on it?”

“You want me to help you with a song?” Emily asked skeptically.

“More like Agust D would like you’re help, but if not that’s fine. After seeing your solo, I figured you’d be the best person for the song…” Yoongi asked rubbing his arm.

“Let’s do it.”

“I understand thanks for- wait really? You’ll do the song?”

“Yeah. My brother did say look at the bigger picture when opportunities come your way…” Emily shrugged.

“You’re brother sounds like a wise man…”

“Yeah….yeah he was…..”

 

•••••••••


 

“I still don’t understand why were dress shopping, when you already have such a beautiful dress already.” Reign asked, looking through the racks of clothes.

“Because she wants Yifan to see her in something simple too.” Taemin rolled his eyes, sitting on the bench, bored out of his mind.

“You know, we’d be done sooner if you helped pick out some dresses. You’d know her body better than anyone.” Reign laughed.

“It was one time!” Taemin yelled.

“Leave him alone Reign. Besides Minnie’s done enough helping me get this surprise for Yifan together.”

“What surprise? Never mind, I’m staying out of it.” Reign spoke digging into the dresses more.

“Actually, I want you to know. But it can wait until after we finish trying on all these dresses.” Aubrey smiled.

“We?”

“Yeah, we. Look at Minnie, poor things already exhausted. We’ll get done twice as fast if you try some on too.” Aubrey yelled on her way to the dressing room.

“But I’m not the one getting married.” Reign yelled in reply.

“You never know what can happen during wedding season. Maybe my wedding will spark something in someone else and this will really be a wedding of the ages as multiple couples get married. My mom doesn’t know it yet but there’s already someone else getting married that day.”

“Now I think you’re dreaming too big. Who in their right mind would get married the same day as you?”

Aubrey shrugged as she walked out the dressing room.

“Ewww. Are we going for grandma of the year…” Taemin asked sitting up from the bench.

“You didn’t think I was a grandma when you were test your moves out on me.” Aubrey shot back causing Taemin to blush.

“Woah! You guys didn’t do-”

“No!” Taemin yelled before Reign can finish her sentence, causing Aubrey to laugh. “You guys take your time. I’m going to check out some other shops.” Taemin said, quickly leaving the dress shop.

“What happened while you two were in LA?” Reign asked as Aubrey laughed at Taemin’s obvious discomfort.

“Nothing. Just some best friend bonding time that I neglected him.” Aubrey answered, when she stopped laughing.

“What exactly did this bonding consist of?” Reign asked, her arms now crossed.

“We went to the beach, movies, a few clubs and got wasted, you know the normal 20 year old thinks that we’ve been missing out on.”

Reign sighed. “You know, I don’t really support this marriage, but because it’s something you’ve set your mind on….. what I’m saying is I hope you didn’t do anything with Taemin in LA that would jeopardize this marriage.”

“Aweeee you do care!” Aubrey cheered, hugging Reign.

“Watch the dress! Watch the dress!”

“You think I care about this granny dress!? Come on we have dresses to try on. Now I’m even more excited to have you help me with Yifan’s presents.” Aubrey said with the biggest grin before turning back to the dressing room as Reign shook her head and followed Aubrey, a few dresses in tow.

 

 

Another short and crappy chapter for y’all lovely readers ;) Since its nearing the end, I want your thoughts. Who’s going to end up with who? Who are you guys rooting for? What do you want to see in the next few chapters before the wedding? Sequel or epilogue lol I wanna know it all. Anyway I hope everyone has a happy holiday!