Thirty Eight

Lotto

“How’d your speech go?” Kayden asked as Emily as she walked into the study room.

“Horrendous.”

“Liar. I heard your speech had people laughing to tears.”

“Well it’s not everyday you give a speech on EXO breaking in on each other by picking the bathroom lock.” Emily laughed, taking a seat across from Kayden.

“Well it’s not everyday the university says they’re pushing up finals.”

“I’m just ready for the semester to be over. I can honestly say this was probably the worst year since Hakyeon’s daddy year.”

“He had a daddy year?” Kayden laughed.

“Oh yeah. Taek oppa was so mad when Hakyeon called him daddy on Weekly Idol.”

“I’m surprised he’s still alive.”

“Well Aubrey and Hongbin stood in front of Hakyeon, you know he has a sweet spot for the both of them. I’m sure he got a couple slaps in when they weren’t looking.”

“Speaking of Aubrey, how is she?” Kayden asked grabbing her notebook.

“Your guess is a good as mines. Last I heard she wasn’t planning to come back anytime soon, and that came from Jonghyun after he talked to Taemin.”

“You don’t think she’ll miss the concert, do you?”

“At this rate, I think she’d miss her own graduation.”

“I know a lot has happened to her this past year, but if she doesn’t show up to the concert I don’t think her and Reign’s friendship will last.”

“I know she’s really stressed about the concert but she needs a chill pill, before someone flips on her.”

“So you mean you?”

“Maybe. Maybe not. She on my back about the performance, and anytime me or anyone else brings up Aubrey she catches an attitude. She spends her friend time with that group of hers.”

“I thought you liked them?”

“I like Mei.” Emily said before her phone went off. “Hello Reign.”

“Hey Em? What are you doing right now?”

“I just started studying with Kayden.”

“Well stop. I need a huge favor from you. Well not really me but Yoongi and Namjoon.”

“Why would I want to do them a favor? I don’t even like the guy.”

“Come on Em, you’d be doing big hit a favor and that means they’ll owe you.”

“I don’t want anything from them.”

“Em~”

“This better be good!”

“Thank you so much! Yoongi and Namjoon are going to love you for this!”

“So what exactly are you doing?” Kayden asked after Emily ended the phone call.

“I don’t know. Guess we’ll find out after we get there.” Emily said as they grabbed their bag.


 

+_+_+_*_*_*\*\*\*\*\*_^_*_+_**_**_


 

“I think we can call it a day guys! Good work today.” Taemin spoke to his dancers.

“Someone’s English is getting better.” Aubrey spoke as she continued to work on her computer.

“Well Emily does work wonders. So what did you think of the dance?”

“I think the girls are going to lose it. Like Tae your moves are so smooth. You’re going to send someone’s Grandma into cardiac arrest when the see all your crotch grabs.” Aubrey laughed as she gave him her water bottle.

“I’ll just be happy if you become my fangirl again.”

“Aren’t I always your fangirl?”

“I don’t want to sound like the jealous guy but ever since this engagement to Yifan and your blow up with Kihyun I don’t see you. The last time we really hung out was when we went to the night market at the beginning of the semester.”

Aubrey stopped typing on her computer and turned to look at a pouting Taemin.

“Tae...I’m sorry…..it must have been really annoying to deal with me these days. To go from spending so much time together to none at all….. you listen to everything I say…. you don’t say anything you just listen and give me your shoulder to cry on…..”

“Don’t apologize. I didn’t say this to make you feel bad. I just want to spend more time together, just the two of us.”

“Okay. You have my undivided attention outside of practice while we’re in America. I won’t bring up Kihyun or Yifan or the wedding. Just you and me.”

“Promise?” Taemin asked, holding out his pinky.

“Promise.” Aubrey said linking her pinky with his.

“Great! Let’s go eat! I hear they have food trucks and music down by the beach tonight.” Taemin said as he stood and helped Aubrey of the ground as well.

“I couldn’t think of any other way to spend my night than eating and dancing on a beach with you.” Aubrey smiled as they gathered their things to head back to the hotel

 

+_+_+_*_*_*\*\*\*\*\*_^_*_+_**_**_


 

“You stopped my studying for something as trivial as picking a song?”

“Not just any song, the song. Our debut song.”

“I told you not to call her.” Vivian told Reign as she and the other girl watched from the sides of the room.

“Why are you calling me for a song? I’m not apart of your group what do I need to concern myself with your debut song for? You know what don’t even answer that.” Emily spoke as she rubbed her temples.

“I thought you would be the best person to choose since you’ve spent time around all of us…..” Reign spoke quietly.

“You don’t think your CEO would be the best choice?”

“Em. It’s no use complaining now. Why don’t we just listen to the songs, we’re already here.” Kayden spoke trying to calm the situation down.

“Yeah. Try and make yourself useful. There’s millions of people that would love to hear our music.” Yoongi spoke from outside the door with the rest of Bangtan.

“Then next time as one of them to listen.” Emily said as she slide past the group and head to the studio with Kayden.

“I’ll with them so they know what songs they should listen too.” Taehyung volunteered to get away from the tense atmosphere.

“I don’t see why you have to be so rude to her hyung. You saw she was already upset and you opened your mouth and made it worse.” Jungkook said before leaving to follow the girls and Taehyung.

“She’ll be fine after she cools off. She just doesn’t realize the greater good she’s doing. She’s playing a key part in us a hit.” Reign says falling back onto the couch and putting her legs up.

“But I agree with Yoongi, she’s not qualified to judge our music.” Hyemi spoke from beside Vivian.

“She more qualified than most of us in this room.” Reign smiled as she closed her eyes.

 

+_+_+_*_*_*\*\*\*\*\*_^_*_+_**_**_


 

 




 

“So what do you think?” Jungkook asked as Taehyung stopped the music.

“Both are good, as can be expected from Namjoon and Yoongi.” Kayden said as she nodded her head in agreeance with herself.

“Emily….” Taehyung whispered as he did not want to set her off again after she had finally calmed down.

“They’re fine. Either song can be used for debut. If you want to go the route of the female bangtan i'm sure the second song will get you there, the work of Namjoon I’m sure. The first song, it’s cute. Sounds like he took a kids song and tried to make it y. It’s really perfect if you want the company to look like some knock off SM girl group.So if you wanna go the trying to be y route, but still cute route,there you go.”

“So you’re saying that my music is terrible compared to Namjoon’s?” Yoongi asked, the irritation consuming his entire face.

“Is that what came out of my mouth?”

“It’s what you insinuated.” Yoongi snapped, crossing his arms.

Emily shrugged. “Think what you will, I was just asked for my opinion is all, and that’s what was given. Next time you want to feel validated, go ask someone with the credentials you were hoping for. I’m a college student, not some executive producer. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have finals to prepare for.”

Emily got up from her chair and left the studio, despite the calling of her name by Jungkook.

Kayden gave Yoongi a glance before following after Emily.

“I don’t even know why I both coming here.” Emily said aloud as she stepped outside the big hit building.

“Hey! Jungkook just texted me you stormed out.” Reign said coming out the company door.

“I gave my opinion like you asked, and now I’m going back to campus to finish studying for my finals like I should have been doing in the first place.”

“Just because you're stressed doesn’t mean you need to take it out on Yoongi.”

“Take it out on him? You think me defending myself is taking it out on him?”

“Well you surely haven’t been nice to him or some of the other members.”

“Because they’re rude and conceited. They think I’ll fawn over them because they’re idols. Think that everything they do is a masterpiece. Well frankly I’m not impressed.”

“Have you even tried to get to know them?”

“Get to know them for what Reign? They’re your friends not mines. This is your group not mines, you're signed to this company not me, so why is it you seem to need my input in your life choices. Didn’t you tell your father you were gonna live life the way you saw fit? Why can’t you do that?”

“Why can’t you be happy I’m including you in my life? I only ask because I didn’t want you to end up a miserable hag because your boyfriend left you for someone else. Someone more famous than you. Someone that would turn heads with how successful they are by themselves. Someone fit to date an idol. I’d leave you to if I had to deal with your temper. I’m sure Aubrey can find you another guy, since she found Hongbin for you. Oh wait you have Yixing, hopefully he doesn’t leave you too.”

“Reign! What are you even saying!?” Kayden yelled as she appeared from the building.

“Find someone else to take my spot in the song, because I’m out. It shouldn’t be to hard, you have a knack for replacing people. You replaced Aubrey with Vivian, your brother with Vixx, you’re roommates with us, even though we all know they gave you the boot just like the one you gave your dad. Congrats to your new group, they can be your new friends now.” Emily sneered before turning her back on Reign.

“Uncalled for Reign. That was really uncalled for.” Kayden said before going to Emily and dragging her to the passenger seat, since she was in no condition to drive.”

“You were never my friend to begin with, you were always Aubrey’s. Always her’s.” Reign whispered, watching as the car drive off into the newly darkened sky.