One

Lotto

 

"No Ki.”
“Come Aubrey! For me. It'd really help calm my nerves if you came with me.”
“Ki you're going to be fine. You don't need me to go with you. And even if you did, i can't i have open gym to manage tonight.”
“I thought the guys had open gym tonight?”
“They do. Coach wants us to get along with the guys this year since we'll have to share the court. So they decided to do a joint open gym.” Aubrey said rolling her eyes while putting her key into her door.


“Nichkhun is cool if you get to know him.” Kihyun said plopping down on her bed.
“I don't doubt that he's not, but i'd rather not talk to him....” Aubrey said as she put her hair in a ponytail.
“Is it him or his girlfriend?” Kihyun asked with a raised eyebrow.
“No comment….” Aubrey said grabbing her dufflebag. “Anyway, Regin should be back soon. Take her with you, she is a performing arts major after all, if anyone can relate it's definitely her. Good luck, i know you'll be great.”
“Be better if my best friend came with me.” Kihyun laughed. “Have fun at practice, try not to aim for their this time.”
“If they keep their eyes on the ball and not my s then they wouldn't have gotten hit.” Aubrey laughed shutting the door to her room.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

“Alright class is dismissed. Please remember that applications for internships are due next Friday. Internships will be held for the remainder of the year and possibly summer, so please choose wisely.” The professor said ending class.
Emily packed up her bag and headed out the class when her professor stopped her.
“Hey Emily. I noticed that you already turned in your internship to be a english translator, but i was thinking. You're the best student i have when it comes to english and I think you'd be an excellent teacher.”
“Me? A teacher?”
“You have the qualities and i've even seen you helping Aubrey, Regin, and Kihyun. You definitely would be a great teacher.”
Emily's professor walked over to her desk, pulled out a packet, and handed it to Emily.
“This is some information on the program. Just look it over and let me know. It's a paid internship with the possibility of long term employment.”
“Ummm..wow….thanks….I'll seriously give it some thought.” Emily said.
Her teacher dismissed her and she left heading to her room.
Emily pulled out her phone to check her. Messages.

DIVA OPPA 💁:

You're coming over for dinner tonight! Make sure you bring Regin and Aubrey. Especially Aubrey! Minnie keeps asking for her to visit.


JJONG OPPA 👊:

Yah! Hurry up and visit me! Key said he wont feed me unless you come! Oppa’s hungry 😣


REDBEANS 🌱:

How's classes? We don't have a schedule tonight, wanna go out?

“He would have no schedule when oppa’s want me to visit.” Emily sighed.

REPLIES:

She has practice tonight but I'll text her and see. See you tonight oppa!

That's what happens when you pick Taemin over oppa! I'll be there later! Don't piss him off before then.

Sorry, oppa’s asked me to come over. Next time?

Emily put her phone back in her pocket and make her way to the dorm to meet Kihyun and Reign leaving.
“Where are you two going?” Emily asked.
“My audition is soon. Aubrey's at practice so i'm taking Reign with me.” Kihyun said smiling.
“I wanna know why i was volunteered as tribute.”
“Why not? Anyway oppa’s invited us over for dinner. Your welcome to come too if you like, Kihyun.” Emily offered.
“Thanks but they guys and i are all gonna hang out after auditions.” Kihyun spoke, declining the offer.
“I'll come after he's finished with his audition. I'm not missing the chance to school those fools in Call of Duty.” Regin said, talking about Minho and Taemin.

The 3 talked some more before heading their separate ways.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

“You're going to be fine.”
“But what if my voice cracks.”
“You'll be fine just go in there and melt their hearts with you chocolate voice. Anything less than that and I'll tell Aubrey that you're the one who set off the fire alarm last year while she was sick, causing her to miss a week of class and half her volleyball tournament.”
“You wouldn't!”
“I would and you know it.”
“You're sleep deprived and forget to put water in your mac and cheese one time and it stays with you the rest of your life.” Kihyun pouted.

Yoo Kihyun

The director called his name and Reign gave him a push.
“I'll be out here. Were all rooting for you!” Reign said as she watched Kihyun walk into the audition room.

“Hmmm… time to do some looking around….” Regin said leaving the audition hall and walking around.


♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

“Good work everyone. See you all again on monday!” The coaches spoke dismissing everyone.
“Ace!” The women's coach called as Aubrey got up to leave the gym. Aubrey walked over to where her coach, the men's coach and Nichkhun were standing.
“Great team work out there. That's exactly what we like to see.” the men's coach spoke.“Like you two already know, the university is looking at every program to budgeting for the year. We can't have you two not getting along. It would give them a reason to cut the program.”
“Cut the program?! They can't do that.” Aubrey cried.
“Sadly they can. That's why it's important to show them a strong front.” the women's coach said looking directly at Aubrey.
Aubrey looked over at Nichkhun, he was already looking at her.
“We can get along right, for the sake of our team's.”
“Yeah, for our teams. I'll do it for my girls.” Aubrey said grabbing her bag and heading out.

‘What kinda bull is this?’ Aubrey thought. ‘Get along with him..Pssh’

“Hey Ace,wait up!”

Aubrey didn't stop walking though, she knew who had called her and didn't care to stop for them. Infact she didn't stop until a figure blocked her path.

“I don't know why he even needs to talk to him, but i suggest you listen to him.”
“And i suggest you move out of my way and head back to your brothel. I'm sure the other miss you.” Aubrey spat back.
“That isn't nice Aubrey. I know you heard me.” Nichkhun said catching his breath.
“Whatever it is can wait till the next open gym right. We have nothing to speak about other than volleyball, and that can be discussed during practice, with the coaches.” Aubrey spoke. She bumped shoulders with the girl and kept towards her dorm. Last thing she wanted to have a friendship with Nichkhun.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

“What are you even doing down here? You're nowhere near close to the audition hall.” Jooyoung spoke.
“Well you see i'm not auditioning, my friend is. And since they were going to be in there until the others finished their auditions, I figured id take a stroll.” Reign said having been caught by 2 of the artist.
“You know under normal circumstances we wouldn't be walking you back to the audition hall,we would have called security.” Dongrim said as they rounded the corner.
“Having an idol as a brother comes in hand time to time.”
“I'll be right here she says. Don't worry she says…”Kihyun mumbled.
“Oh hey! How’d it go?”
“Better question is ‘Where have you been?’. I knew I should have dragged you in with me.”
“You should consider it a blessing I followed you this far. Let's go, I need a ride to Key oppa’s place.” Reign said to Kihyun, before turning to Dongrim and Jooyoung. “Thanks for not calling security, see you guys around.”
“Security? Reign what did you do? Reign! God this is why you're in the drama club. You put on a show everywhere we go!” Kihyun yelled following after Reign, who had already left for the car.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

“Oppa just say your sorry then you can eat.” Emily said as she finished her homework i'm the living room.
“But he banned me from the kitchen.” Jonghyun pouted.
“So apologize from outside the kitchen, idiot.”
“Dinners ready!” Key yelled as he and Aubrey finished bringing the food out.
Everyone sat at the table except for jonghyun, who walked over to Key.
“Yeobo?”
“Hmmm.” Key responded not even looking at him.
“Mihane…. Can i eat? Your always my number one.”
“Yah! Shouldn't I be your number one? Im your sister idiot.”
Key laughed and looked over at Aubrey who nodded.
“I guess…”
Jonghyun hugged Key before taking his seat next to Emily.
“Only because I had an amazing assistant in the kitchen tonight.”
“Hey, I volunteered!” Minho and Taemin said at the same time.
“Minnie you don't even know how to cut an apple properly.” Key said to Taemin before turning to Minho. “And ‘Is it hot in here or is that just my flaming charisma.’ is the thing i need to hear from you.” Key said rolling his eyes causing everyone to laugh.
Onew asked the girls questions. He asked Reign about the drama department and if she had found her music internship yet, to which she politely said she hadn't and she would put it off a while longer.
Onew asked Aubrey about volleyball, and if she was excited for the season.
Aubrey replied that she was. This year she would get to be more involved in the tryouts, even getting put input in on who she'd like to see on the team. They boys, Taemin especially, seemed eager for the season. They had even told her that they would be the tournament this year for support.
Onew didn't get to ask Emily any questions because Jonghyun beat him to it. He asked about classes, he asked about soccer, he asked about her english internship. He asked her every question he could think of. That is until Key asked the million dollar question.
“So are you dating yet?”
Jonghyun choked.
“Yah! Oppa are you okay?” Emily asked patting his back and handing him a glass of water.
“My little sister is too young to date! School's first, she's too smart for these fools, right Em?”
“Ummm…. yeah….right..” Emily said giving a nervous laugh.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧
Dinner wrapped up and Emily helped Key with the dishes, while Aubrey took a shower and Reign went to demolish Minho and Taemin in video games.

“You should really just tell him.”
“I would but i don't really know where this relationship is going. He's an idol and i'm busy with school, soccer, and now an internship. Our schedules never match up.”
“Well you've both been dating since high school, you two should figure something out. Do you want me to talk to Taekwoon? Im sure he could get a break in the schedule.”
“No thanks oppa. It's my relationship, i shouldn't get you involved.”
“Aigoo! You're growing into lovely young lady.”

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

“Your cheating! That not fair!” Taemin argued as he lost for the 5th time.
“You just need skills, pretty boy.” Reign said as she started a new battle.
“Not as pretty as your brother.” Taemin said tossing the remote to Minho.
“Where are you going?” Minho asked.
“Bathroom.”
“You know you should really play fair with him.”
“But he's just so cute when he's flustered.” Reign said as she focused on the game. She was so focused that when a scream was heard from the bathroom. That she jumped, giving minho the advantage to win.
“I win!” Minho said as he danced around.
“No fair.”
But Minho ignored her as he followed everyone else to the bathroom.

“You should have knocked.” Aubrey screamed.
“I thought you were done already.” Taemin said rubbing his arm.
“What happened?” Reign asked Emily.
“Tae walked in on her getting dressed.”
“Ohhh.” Reign laughed as Onew tried to break up the two.
“It's late. Reign you can sleep in minho’s room. Emily, you can have Jonghyun’s room. Aubrey you can have my room.”
Everyone voiced their agreement and head to their designated rooms.
Jonghyun went to Keys room and Minho and onew went to Taemin’s room.

A soft knock was heard on Onew’s door.
“Come in.” Aubrey said as she combed the knots out of her hair.
“Hey….. um….sorry, i didn't mean to walk in on you.” Taemin said.
Aubrey looked up and could see the small blush forming on his face.
“It's fine….let's just not tell oppa. He'll murder you if he finds out.”
“Deal! Hyung scares me.”
“He scares everyone. He's harmless really, unless your Hakyeon oppa. If you're him, then you probably should be scared.”
Taemin laughed as Aubrey sat on Onew’s bed.
“Hey, can i sleep in here tonight? I don't wanna hear Minho snoring.”
Aubrey laughed. “Sure.”
Taemin grabbed his blanket and scooted next to Aubrey. Since onew had a full sized bed, it wasn't awkward for them to be in one bed. In fact, the worked well for everyone since the two were the hardest to get up. They would only wake if the other was up, if not they made sure they were.
“Night Tae.” Aubrey said snuggling closer into her blanket.
“Night Ace...” Taemin said turning of the lamp and going to sleep,his back facing Aubrey.