Chapter 51

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum woke up later than she expected today. She didn’t have anything planned for this morning since the Kim’s banquet was tonight. All she needed to do was attend the banquet. She knew her workers would take good care of it. Besides she was a guest to the banquet being an heiress after all. She looked over the clock and saw that it was almost time for lunch. She smiled and got up to do her morning activities and change. She knew who she wanted to see today. 

Sehun was sitting on his desk when a knock came from the door. He looked up and saw a familiar head pop in.

“Hey there stranger.” She smiled at him.

“What are you doing here?” Sehun asked looking back down to his work.

Areum blinked a couple of times, shocked at his coldness.

“Nothing.” She said after she composed herself. “I actually came here for you. let’s go have lunch together.” She smiled at him walking towards his desk.

“I already have plans sorry.” He said without looking up at her.

Areum widened her eyes. “Oh.” She said her mood dejected. Ever since last night Sehun was cold to her and she thought that maybe going out for lunch together would make it better. Sehun never rejected her like this before. Of course sometimes when he had something important to do but he never used that tone of voice with her before. Areum felt a uncomfortable. She didn’t know why but she didn’t like it.

“Well ok then next time.” She smiled at him. “You’re going to the Kim’s banquet tonight right? I was wondering if you wanted to go-“

Before Areum finished there was a knock on the door. Areum turned around and saw Irene walking in. 

“Oh sorry, was I interrupting something?” she asked. She gave a greeting nod to Areum who returned it.

Sehun placed his papers and checked his watch.

“No you didn’t.” he stood up. “Are you ready?” he asked Irene who nodded with a smile.

“I’m sorry Areum but I have lunch plans. If there’s nothing else can we talk another day?”

Areuum watched as Sehun went beside Irene and nodded hesitantly feeling out of place.

“Sure.” She smiled at them. “I shouldn’t waste anymore of your guy’s time. I’ll head out first.”

She said as she walked out. Not wanting to be in the same elevator as them she went into the restroom first and hid for a couple minutes until she made her way down from Oh Group. As Areum was walking, she didn’t know why she felt so dejected. Is it because this is the first time Sehun had ditched her for another girl? Is she feeling this way because its Irene? She sighed and walked along the sidewalk until a car honked at her. She stopped and saw a car drive up to the curb next to her and the windows rolled down. She curiously looked at the driver. 

“Hey cutie can I offer you a ride?” he waved at her.

Areum chuckled. “What are you doing here?”  

“Just on my way for lunch break and I saw you moping around.” He teased. “Whats wrong? Did you just come out from seeing Sehun?”

Areum nodded. “I wanted to ask him out for lunch but he already had plans. Henced my moping.” She pouted.

Luhan grinned. “Well today’s your lucky day. You get to have lunch with the handsome Luhan.”

Areum rolled her eyes. “Who said I want to?”

Luhan got out of the car and opened the passenger door for her. “Come on you can’t say no.” he pouted. “You can’t say no to free food. And look, I even opened the door for you.”

“You’re right. How can I say no to free food?” Areum chuckled and walked into his car.

Sehun was sitting across from Irene at a restaurant. They were having lunch together.

“I’m excited for the banquet tonight.” She smiled to Sehun.

He raised an eyebrow. “And why is that?”

“Because,” she looked down at her food shyly. “You’re going to be my date. I’m really happy.”

Sehun nodded.

“It makes me think that I might have a chance now…” she said softly.

Sehun was about to cut her off until she said.

“Just don’t say anything.” She looked at him. “Just let me have tonight. At least give me that much?”

Sehun sighed and nodded.

Irene smiled and ate her pasta. Out of nowhere she sneezed and shocked everyone at the volume of her sneeze at the restaurant. Her eyes bulged wide with the shock herself. Irene’s cheeks flushed red and looked down. Then she heard a chuckle. She looked up hesitantly and saw that Sehun was laughing at her. He was trying to hold in the laughter. 

She never thought that she would be able to see Sehun’s smile in her presence before. His smile was absolutely adorable to her. His eyes turned into crescent moons and she thought it was the most precious smile in the world.

“Sorry.” She mumbled.

“Its ok.” He said smiling. “Just finish eating.” She nodded and they continued their lunch.

Unknown to the two of them two pairs of eyes saw them from across the restaurant. They saw the way Sehun was smiling and the girls shy smile as well. Areum looked away while Luhan furrowed his brows.

“Can we go somewhere else for lunch?” Areum asked Luhan. He looked down at the girl and smiled softly. He could see her face and how uncomfortable she was by the scene she saw. They're so clueless to each other when it's so obvious on how they feel. Luhan sighed. 

“Of course.” He led her out. Oh Sehun what are you doing? 

“Noona how do I look?”  

Areum looked over at him and smiled. 

She walked over to her little brother and straightened his tie.

“Very handsome.” She smiled up at him. “My baby’s all grown up and ready to break some hearts.” She teased. She hugged him tightly. “You’re leaving me after tonight aren’t you?” she said sadly.

Jungkook smiled sadly down at his sister and wrapped his arms around her.

“Unfortunately I already skipped too many days off of school.”

“I wish you could stay longer. I’ll have no one once you leave.”

“Don’t say that. You still have Sehun hyung. He’s right across the hallway whenever you need him.”

Areum didn’t say anything but held onto Jungkook tighter. She thought back to yesterday and this afternoon when he was so cold to her. The image of him smiling towards Irene popped back up in her head. He left her for Irene today and the way he was smiling at her. Areum couldn’t help but to feel a prick in her heart. She didn’t like the feeling of Sehun choosing someone over her. She didn’t like it at all.

“Noona are you ok?” Jungkook asked worried when he felt her tighten her hold around his waist.

Areum shook her head. “I’m fine. I’m just going to miss you so much.” She buried her face to his chest.

“I’ll miss you too but we can’t just stay here hugging all night.” He chuckled pulling her away from him. “You gotten all pretty and you’re wearing this beautiful dress. Let’s show the world how beautiful my noona is ok?”

“Ok.” She smiled at him. 

“Tonight should be interesting huh?” Baekhyun said as he was standing next to his friends.

“How so?” DO asked sipping his drink.

“You know.”

“I don’t.”

“Areum, Kris, Wendy, Kai, and Krystal all here in one spot.” Baekhyun said.

DO rolled his eyes. “Are you entertained by this somehow?”

“Of course not!” Baekhyun exclaimed. “I’m just saying it’ll be crazy awkward.”

The other boys nodded. They knew what happened. From how Kris and Areum separated because of a misunderstanding about Areum and Kai, Kris having a one night stand with Wendy which ended up with her being pregnant, Kai breaking up with Krystal to confess his love to Areum, just to get back together with Krystal. It was one big mess.

Suho sighed. “Well in the end they’re our friends. We can’t pick sides. All we can do is hope for the best and be there for them as best as we can.”

The boys all nodded. Lay, Luhan, and Tao on the other hand had their eyesbrows knotted. Earlier after lunch with Areum, Luhan received a text from Lay to meet him up at his house. When he got there Tao was also present. Lay then came with his friend and the talk after made all of them angry.

Luhan looked over to Tao who had murderous eyes. He nudged the said boy and warned him with his eyes to not do anything. They can’t do anything now. Not here. Not now. There is a time and place for everything and tonight was not one of them. Tao chugged down his champagne in anger.

“Whoa Tao slow down we just got here.” Chen joked.

“Hey guys!” the boys turned around and saw Areum walk in with Jungkook.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter