Chapter 48

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum opened the door to head off for work. She locked her door to turn around see Sehun. The two stared at each other. Memories of the almost kiss yesterday played in Areum’s mind. She pinked.

“Good morning.” Sehun greeted her.   

“Morning.” Areum replied. It was quiet after.

“Going to work?”

“Huh? Oh yeah I am. You too?” Sehun nodded. “Uhm we should go then.” Areum said as she made her way to the elevators. The two were quiet in the elevators. This was something strange as the two of them were never this quiet when together.

“Yesterday-“

“Are you busy tonight?” Sehun stopped her and asked.    

“Tonight?” Sehun nodded his head. “Not that I know of. Jungkook won’t be home since he’ll be over at his friends hanging out before returning to Beijing. Why?”

The elevators doors opened and the two stepped out. They were walking towards the door when Sehun stoppedand looked at Areum.

“Come over to my place.” Sehun turned to her.

“Your place?” gave him a confused look.

Sehun nodded. “I’ll prepare dinner. Let’s have a movie night. What do you say?’ Sehun asked with a smile.

Areum smiled back. “Sure.” They walked towards the door to see that it was raining outsde.

“Its raining. Perfect day for a lazy day in don’t you think?” Sehun asked her.

Areum reached her hand out to touch the falling rain. “Yeah.” she smiled as the rain continue to hit her hand. 

Kris was as always working in his office. He stopped  when he saw that it was raining outside. 

“Its raining.” He whispered to himself. He got up and walked towards the full length window in his office and touched the glass. Is she smiling right now? it’s raining again. Its been colder these days. Is she wearing enough clothes? Is she getting cold these days? A sad smile came on his face when he remembered the special girl in his heart. His memories went back to the day she came into his office to pick him up early from work just to have a lazy day. It was always her favorite thing to do when it rains.

“She will sleep well tonight wouldn’t she?”

His memory played back when they were walking together in the rain and he had carried her. He remembered it perfectly. She was wearing heels and he didn’t want her to continue walking in the rain with them. He remembered how she wrapped her arms around him tightly. He remembered that day perfectly.

“That hurts woman! You can’t hit your husband like that! I might get permanent brain damage! Who will support you then?!”

“Husband? I don’t remember saying I do yet.” She teased.

Kris smirked. “You will. Very very very soon.”

“How are you so sure?”

“Who else are you going to marry then?  I don't want to brag but I mean I am the total package. Brains, height, rich, this face, and this killer smile? Damn I’m perfect. You must be crazy not to want any of this.”

“You are so full of it.”

“But you love me right Mrs. Wu?”

“Yeah I do." she smiled lovingly and tightened her grip around his neck.

"I love you Wu Yifan."

Kris smiled widely, "I know."

Areum hit him, "Say it back!"

"No."

"Say it back!"

Kris laughed, "I love you to the moon and back."

Areum grinned. "Now hurry its getting cold and the rain is coming down harder. I don't want to get wetter than I laready am from the rain! You don’t want your wife to get sick right?”

“No way! I’m carrying my wife home now!” 

Kris let out a sad smile as he rubbed the ring on his necklace. It was her ring. The ring she returned to him.

“How can something so beautiful turn to this?” he asked himself sadly.

RING RING

His phone rang. He walked over to his desk and looked at the caller id. He gulped.

“Baba. Have you and mama returned?”

“We did Yifan and you have a lot of explaining to do. Bring her home for dinner.”

“Baba-“

“No buts Yifan. its your mom’s orders not mine.”

“I understand.” He ended the call and sat dejectedly down on his chair as he stared at the rain. 

Areum walked into Sehun’s place like it was hers. It was after work and the temperature has been getting colder lately. She had taken a shower and was now in comfortable clothes. She walked in seeing Sehun in comfortable clothes as well and setting up dinner. She leaned on the wall and looked at him.

“You know you’ll make the perfect house husband one day.” She .

Sehun chuckled. “Depends on who. You know I don’t do this for just anyone. You should have just stayed here. You walk around like you own the place.” He winked at her. Areum’s cheeks blushed.

“Take a seat. I’m almost done.”

“Do you need help?” she asked.

“I’m almost done.” He went up to her and pushed her down on the chair. “You just sit here ok?” he smiled at her and went back into the kitchen. Areum’s face blushed even more. She slapped her cheeks.

“Snap out of it Park Areum! He’s your best friend.” But he said he liked me. Does he still like me? Does he?

“Why is your cheeks so red?” Sehun asked as he sat down in front of her.

Areum covered her cheeks. “They’re not!” she defended herself.

Sehun had a greasy grin. “What were you thinking about? Me?”

“YAH STOP IT!” she whined. “Let’s eat.” Sehun chuckled but let it pass. He didn’t know where he suddenly got the confidence to like this. Maybe because of yesterday and their almost kiss that hope started to develop in his heart that maybe, just maybe she like him too. And how he wished it was true. 

“So, Ms. Son you were aware that my son was engaged am I correct?” Mrs. Wu spoke up. Kris was currently eating dinner at Wu manor with his parents, who just came back from their vacation, and Wendy. His mom had asked, more like commanded him to bring her home so she could meet her.

“Yes ma’am.” She said softly.

“Hmm. And yet this situation still happened.”

“Mama…” Kris voiced out softly. His mom gave him a cold stare.

“I’m talking Yifan. Or have you lost your manners.” Kris looked down at his food.

Wendy tightened her grip on her utensils. She knew the news of her engagement with Kris would soon reach his parents and that meeting them would be a difficult task. But she had to endure. She had to endure it for Kris.

“What does your parents do for a living Ms. Son?” Mr. Wu spoke up.

“They’re just average worker’s sir. My dad and mom owns a small barbeque restaurant.”

“Any siblings?”

“No sir.”

“So you’re the only daughter.”

“Yes sir.”

“Areum had the most adorable little brother, doesn’t she sweetie?” Mrs. Wu asked her husband.

“Jungkook?”

“Yes.”

He nodded. “Good boy, he would make his parents proud in the future.”

“Areum’s smart as well. Taking care of her father’s business by herself.”

Wendy’s gripped tightened at Areum’s name.

“Such a pity. Areum was such a wonderful daughter to have.”

“Mama.” Kris looked at his mom.

Mrs. Wu put her utensils down and looked at her son and the woman that was sitting next to him.

“Yifan, you have always been my precious son and I have never questioned your actions. I have given Ms. Son the benefit of the doubt to meet her, but now I think I’ve seen enough. I was wondering who this woman was for you to leave Areum for. But now I can see that it was just a drunken mistake. Since what has happened happened and the child she now carries in her is my future grandchild I’ll look the other way for this sad excuse of a marriage. But don’t think that I will accept her as my daughter. Now if you excuse me,” she got up from the table. “I lost my appetite.” She walked away.

Mr. Wu sighed and stood up. “Excuse me, I’ll go after my wife. Ms. Son.” He nodd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter