Chapter 23

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was back in his office. He had taken a couple days off to clear his mind. Not that it was any help. Luhan also tried to help Sehun feel better and forget about Areum these past couple days. The older male would come over and try to help Sehun occupy his mind on something else. Coming back to work was a headache. His dad demanded him to explain why he disappeared for a couple days missing meetings and all that. Now that he is back he was more stressed than ever. But he was glad he was busy. Busy meant he didn’t have time to think about unnecessary things.  

When Irene heard that Sehun was back in his office she made her way there immediately. She hadn’t seen him since dinner with Areum and Kris when he left her there with the couple. She still remembers Areum walking back in with a sullen face saying that he had already left for the day. She just wanted to make him feel better. She knows his feelings, if he did feel anything for her at all, were cordial. She knew that but she still couldn’t help falling for him. She fell for him ever since her eyes landed on him her freshman year of college. He was in her economics class. He hung out with a group of friends that were always loud and cheery. He was always the quiet one until one day she saw him smile and she could have sworn it was the most beautiful smile she ever witnessed. Irene stepped out of the elevator to see a girl arguing with Secretary Kang to see Sehun.

“I’m sorry Ms. Park but Mr. Oh said no one should bother him today. Please understand he threatened my job.” She said nervously at the girl in front of her.

Areum looked down sadly. She looked down at the box of cupcakes she attempted to make all last night as a sorry gift to Sehun. She looked back at the female understanding her hesitance. It wasn’t her fault. Her job was on the line. Areum nodded understandingly and turned back to walk out just to meet eyes with Irene.

“Oh, Irene.”

“Hello, are you here to see Sehun?”

Areum nodded and looked back into the closed doors of his office, “but it seems he doesn’t want to see me.”

All of a sudden Sehun’s door opend. “Secretary Kang I’ll be heading to the meeting with Shin Group I’ll be back in a-“ Sehun paused halfway when he saw Areum. He felt his face soften then hardened again. No he can’t be soft now. He needs to get rid of these feelings for her and the best way he knew how was to ignore her.

“Sehun….” She looked at him with hopeful eyes. He ignored her and went back to talk to his secretary. Areum felt like she was about to cry. Sehun never ignored her before and someone this action hurt her so much that she can’t even describe it.

“Sehun are you going somewhere?” Irene decided to ask seeing the tension between the two. Sehun ignored her as well. He then started to walk out of the office passing by Areum and Irene. Areum just watched as Sehun walked out not sparing her a single glance. 

Kris watched as his workers were giving him the end of the month reports. He was glad his company was doing well and that they only ran into a few minor problems in their project it was nothing too big. He looked back at the documents and set them back on the table.

“Good. Make sure to keep close attention on this project. Keep up the good work. The meeting is over you may take lunch now.” he stood up from his seat and buttoned up his suit and made his way out the door. He just stepped out when he heard a loud voice.

“GEGEEEEEEEE!”

“Gege lets go have lunch! You pay!” an overly happy Tao came over and tackled him.

“Get off Tao! You’re an adult!” trying to push the giant boy away.

“Come on let’s gooooooo! Call jiejie too! I miss her.”

"She has a lunch meeting with her client today." Kris asnswered. 

“Mr. Wu your phone.” Wendy came in the middle of the conversation and handed Kris his phone. Kris nodded at her and looked back at Tao, but Wendy didn’t leave.

“Is there anything else Ms. Son?”

Wendy broke out of her daze and shook her head. Tao saw the way Wendy was looking at Kris and narrowed his eyes towards the girl.

“If you don’t need him for anything else you can leave now lady. Gege let’s go get lunch. Luhan will treat. Lets go!” and he dragged Kris out the office. 

Sehun took off his dress coat as he walks back into his office after lunch. He heaved a sigh as he sat down on his office chair leaning his head back with closed eyes. He was tired and all he wanted to do was to go home, shower, and sleep. He opened his eyes and turned to his desk just to notice a box. He his lips as he looked down on it.

What is this? He noticed there was a note attached to it and picked it up.

Sehun I know you’re angry with me :( I’m not sure why. I just thought that it would be nice for you to find someone. You’re very special to me and I just want to see you happy. I didn’t know that I was pushing boundaries that I shouldn’t and I apologize for it. Its not my place to tell you who to date or not. I’m sorry. I made cupcakes for you! Its my first time ever baki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter