Chapter 46

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been two days since Kai confessed and the news of Kris being engaged to Wendy came out. Kai had occasionally texted her but she still didn’t know how she felt about him. He told her he'll wait for her answer and he never pressured her. Kris never contacted her when the news came out. she stared at the bouquet of roses on her desk that still arrived everyday like clockwork. Even the days she was absent from work it still came. Her office was filled with roses and they all came from the same sender WYF. Areum leaned back in her chair. Kai, Kris, and Sehun’s faces flashed in her head. She loves Kris, but it wasn’t as much as before, she loved Kai but does she still do? And Sehun. She always loved Sehun, but was it as a friend or more.

Knock Knock.

Areum sat up. “Come in.” 

Kai's head popped in and waved. 

“Hey, there.” He smiled and walked in. “Are we working hard or hardly working?”

Areum smiled. “Ha ha funny. Are we ready to go?”

Kai nodded. The two walked out and headed to Kai’s car. Kai’s parent’s anniversary was coming up that weekend and they were on their way to see that the preparations were done on time. They got to Royal’s hotel and walked into the banquet hall. They were making sure everything was in order for the big day. Invitations were already sent out to everyone. Of course all the boys and their parents were invited as well as Areum and Jungkook.

“Excuse me Miss Park?”

Areum looked over at the worker.

“The baker would like you to choose which cake will be best to serve for the night.”

“uhm, I really don’t know which cake they’ll like. Jongin.” She called him. He smiled at her. everytime she calls him Jongin he feels butterflies in his stomach.

“Yeah?”

“Let’s try cake.” She smiled enthusiastically to him. He smiled and nodded. 

“Wow” Areum gaped at the cakes with a grin on her face holding her fork. Kai looked over at her. Cute.  

“Should we start?” Areum nodded and the two started to try different cakes out. They were laughing and feeding each other cakes that they thought would be good. They enjoyed themselves and after an hour of tasting they finally picked the cake. They walked out of the hotel.

“Ah, I’m so full. I feel like I just gained 10 pounds from eating all those cakes.” Areum said as they went to Kai’s car.

“You did eat a lot.” Kai teased as he started driving her back to her house. Areum hit him on the arm.

“OW!”

“That’s what you get.”

“Damn woman, you can hit!” Kai said as he rubbed his injured arm. Areum laughed. They soon made it back to her place.

“Thanks for the ride.” She said as Kai opened the door for her.  

“Anytime.” He smiled. “I’ll see you Saturday at the party?”

Areum nodded and gave him a hug goodbye. She haad to admit she had a good time with Kai today. She walked up to her penthouse. Jungkook was already inside starting dinner.

“Hey baby.”

“Ew please don’t ever call me that again unless you want me to throw up.” Jungkook grimaced.

“Ugh you’re so mean.” She plopped herself down on her couch. “Is Sehun home?” she asked.

Jungkook gave her a teasing grin. “Why? Miss him?”

“Shut up. I just wanted to see if he’ll come over for dinner.” She grumbled.

“I asked. He said he had to go to dinner at home today.”

Areum looked up. “Really?”

Jungkook nodded. Areum hugged her pillow on the couch. “I hope he’s ok.” She mumbled into it. 

The only sounds were utensils hitting the plates throughout the house. Sehun was having his dinner with his father and stepmother. There were no exchanges of words. Just occasional chit chat by his stepmom to his dad. Sehun ate quickly wanting to be able to leave as quickly as possible. He didn’t want to be there. He still hasn’t been on good terms with his dad after the whole Irene thing. He had no idea why his dad had told him to come over for dinner tonight. All he knows is that he didn’t have a good feeling about it. After a couple more minutes of silence his dad spoke up.

“How has work been? You’ve been missing a lot of days recently. May I know why?” he asked still eating,

“I don’t think I need to tell you everything that happens in my personal life.” Sehun replied his eyes still on his plate.

“Sehun has been busy with his girlfriend. Am I right dear? The one I saw over at your place the other day.” His stepmother spoke up. Sehun’s grip on his fork tightened. That .

“Girlfriend?” his dad finally looking up from his food and looked over at Sehun.

“She’s not my girlfriend. She’s my friend.” He replied continuing to eat. Sehun was trying his best not to show any emotion.

“Irene was there with me too honey. The girl was in his house wearing one of his shirts. It shocked us both!” Sehun glared at his stepmom. “What was more scandalous was that she was the supposed fiancé of Kris Wu! But then didn’t the news reported that Kris Wu was engaged to someone else a Son Wendy? I don’t understand.”

“What is her name?” his dad asked Sehun.

“Its none of your business.” Sehun said through gritted teeth.

“What was it? I think it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter