Chapter 37

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan woke up early and groggily walked out of his room. He saw Areum putting on her shoes.

“You going somewhere?”

Areum nodded her head. “I’m going to see Yifan. it’s about time we made up. I miss him and if our relationship is going to work when we’re married then someone needs to be the bigger person.” She stood up and smiled at Luhan who returned the smile. He went up to her and patted her head.

“That idiot is very lucky to have you.”

Areum shurged. “I know” she said cheekily. “I’ll see you later. Thank you for being there for me Han.” She hugged him. Luhan smiled and returned the hug.

“Anytime sweetheart.”

“Bye!” she let go and left. Luhan looked at the door closing.

“I hope he knows how lucky he is to have you and that he doesn’t do anything to hurt you.” 

Areum pulled up to Wu manor and stepped out of the car with a smile on her face. She looked at the bag of donuts she bought as a peace offering for Kris.

“I hope he likes it.” She walked inside the house happily. The maids that were working in the morning came out to see who arrived and was surprised to see Areum.

“Miss Areum! You’re back!” they said nervously looking at each other.

“Yup. I brought donuts for you guys too. It must have been hard on you guys these days. I know Yifan’s temper. Here have some. They’re very famous. Is Yifan in his room?” she asked as she started to make her way up the stairs. A maid quickly stepped in front of her and blocked her way.

“Miss Areum, you must be tired still. Its very early. How about you sit on the table and the cook will make you some breakfast. We will go call the young master down for you.” She said as the other maids nodded quickly.

Areum smiled, “That’s very kind of you but I want to see Yifan first. He usually doesn’t wake up this late. Is he still sleeping?” She tried to side step the maid when another one blocked her again.

“Miss! Young master’s room is very very dirty. He didn’t let us clean it since you left. How about we call him for you. We don’t want to trouble you.”

“It’s ok. I want to surprise him that I’m here. I think he’s still mad at me.” she tried to leave but a butler ran to the stairs and stopped her.

“Miss Areum, you look thin. You should eat something first. Let us call the young master instead.” He said desperately. Areum looked at the workers confused. Why are they trying to stop her from seeing Yifan? She felt a lump in her stomach and looked at their nervous faces. She then looked back up the stairs.

“Young miss-“ before they could say anything else she ran up the stairs into Kris’s room. When she opened the door a gasp came out of . There were clothes scattered around the floor and on the bed was no other than her fiancé and his secretary. The door opening seem to have woken Wendy up and she opened her eyes and saw Areum. She looked at Areum surprised and then looked over at Kris. Yesterday’s events came back to her and she looked back at the stunned girl in front of the door. Kris who also woke up groggily opened his eyes. He sat up and the blankets slipped off his body revealing his top. He rubbed his eyes and looked up just to connect his eyes with a crying Areum.

“Areum….” He looked down at his body and then over at Wendy. His mind started to flood back with memories of last night. “Areum its not what it looks like!” he tried to stand but remembered he was . Tears fell from Areum’s face.

“Then what does it look like Mr. Wu?”

Mr. Wu the way she addressed him was so distant and cold that he felt like his heart was breaking. Areum shook her head and ran downstairs crying. She ran past the workers who tried to call out for her.

“Miss Areum….” They said sadly at the young lady they have grown to love. Heartbroken of what she saw. They tried to stop her from seeing it, they really tried. Areum ran to her car and started her car. She could hear Kris calling for her but she drove off in tears ignoring his call. Kris was chasing after her car desperately trying to stop her. Her phone started ringing and she saw that it was Kris. she ignored it and turned it off. She was a sobbing mess as she drove. Why? Why did this happen again? She cried and drove to the one place she always went to to find comfort. Her safe place.

“Sehun sweetie, how about this place for dinner tonight? I think it will be a perfect place to have dinner. Very romantic. Don’t you think do Irene?”

Sehun was in his office trying to do work when his step mom came in with Irene. He rolled his eyes and tried to make them leave but they wouldn’t. He would have thrown his step mom out if not for Irene. He still felt guilty towards the girl for not being able to return her feelings.  

“I think it is a very nice place. I hear they just got a new chef from Switzerland and his desserts are divine.”

Sehun continued to ignore the two as they talked about dinner. After an hour or so Sehun's step mom stood up. 

“Well, Irene and I are going shopping together. We’re meeting for dinner later sweetie. Your father will be there too Sehun.” Sehun inwardly thanked the heavens they were leaving. They bothered him all morning. He just nodded his head to acknowledge his step mom.

“Walk us out now sweetheart. Even if you don’t walk me, you should walk Irene out.”

Sehun pressed his lips together. Calm down Sehun. Calm down. After this they’ll be out of here. He walked them out of his office. He was walking to the elevators when it opened and someone attacked him into a hug. Sehun stunned at the sudden weight looked down and saw her.

“Areum?” he asked as Areum continued to sob into his chest.

“Hun…” she cried harder and wrapped her arms tighter around him. Sehun thought that his heart was breaking hearing her cry. He held onto her.

“Whats wrong? Sunshine why are you crying?” he asked softly as he caressed her hair.

Irene and his stepmom was looking at the scene. Irene clenched her fists already knowing who it is while his stepmom just stared. She never seen her stepson so gentle before. She only seen it back then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter