Chapter 49

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun opened his eyes. Truth be told he hated today. He hated today with all his heart.  He looked over to his alarm and turned it off even before it rung. He woke an hour earlier than he should. He sat up with his head down. He looked over to the window and noticed the gray skies. Even though it wasn’t raining today the sky outside felt like it was mourning with him. He got up from his bed and walked over to his closet and took out his black suit and entered the bathroom.

Areum woke up early today. Even though she wasn’t a morning person she woke up extra early today to get ready. Today was a special day and she needed to be ready. Jungkook woke up from all the noise Areum was making. He leaned on her door frame with his arms crossed watching his sister put on her makeup wearing a black dress.

“You’re up early.” He said.

Areum looked over to her little brother and nodded. “Sorry, did I wake you? You should sleep in some more you came home late last night.”

“I’ll go back to bed in a bit. Why are you up so early and dressed like that?”

Areum looked down. “Today’s a special day.” She said softly almost sad.

Jungkook looked at her asking whats today.

Areum looked over and gave him a sad look. “Its Sehun’s mom’s 10th death anniversary.” 

Sehun looked at himself in the mirror. 

He made sure his clothes were nice and perfect before picking up his phone and car keys and left this house. Once he opened the door he saw Areum in front of it dressed in black as well. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist and gave him a hug which he returned. She looked up after awhile and gave him a small smile before walking up to him.

“Do you mind if I visit Auntie with you?”

Sehun looked at her. “She’ll love to see you.”

Areum gave him a small smile before the two went to his car. The car ride there was quiet but not awkward. The ride was a good 45 minutes’ away from where they were. Once they arrived there were already many cars there. The two walked out to meet the faces of the rest of the boys.

Suho gave Sehun a gentle smile before going up and giving him a quick hug.

“How are you feeling?” he asked.

Sehun gave him a small smile. “I’m fine. Thank you for coming. All of you. I know you guys have better things to do.”

“Nonsense.” Lay said as he gave Sehun a small smile. “I haven’t seen auntie in awhile of course I’ll come.”

“She basically almost raised all of us too.” Luhan came over and gave Sehun a pat on the back.

Areum made eye contact with the boys and gave them a greeting nod. Her eyes made contact with Kai who came over and gave her a hug which she returned. When she pulled out of the hug she noticed a figure in the corner of her eye. She looked over and saw Kris. Kris wanted to embrace her in his arms but he didn’t know what she would do. He didn’t want to cause a scene either. Today wasn’t the day for that. the group walked up the stairs and walked into the main room where Sehun’s dad and his step mom was already there. Along with his other family members and their family friends. 

Sehun rolled his eyes at his step-mothers crocodile tears. She didn’t even know his mother, yet she’s here pretending to be sad. He left the group to join his family while the others stood in the back.  Family members went first to pay their respect and then friends went after. Areum looked at Sehun and her heart ached seeing him like this. This day was always hard for him when she was still in Korea but now seeing that it still affected him this much broker her heart. She wondered how he was when she wasn’t by his side during the last 5 years. She watched him as he stayed in the front with his father.

“He’s going to be fine.”

Areum turned to her side and saw Luhan next to her giving her a comforting smile.

“Its been 10 years yet this day still affects him this much.” Areum said softly.

Luhan placed his hands in his pocket as he followed her eyes to the boy he calls his best friend.

“He loves his mom a lot. I still can’t believe its been 10 years.”

The ceremony ended and everyone was leaving. As people were starting to leave Areum noticed that Sehun wasn't there. 

“Have you seen Sehun?” she asked Suho who shook his head.

“I think he’s still inside.” DO said. “I saw him walk back in there awhile ago.”

Areum nodded at him as she made her way back. Kai and Kris’s eyes trailed towards her until they were ushered to leave by the other boys. Areum walked in to the main hall when she started hearing voices. She walked closer and recognized it as Mr. Oh’s. She hid behind a wall and listened to their conversation.

“Irene and her parents are going to the restaurant tonight, I expect you to be on your best behavior.”

“Can we not do this today?” Sehun said irritated.

“You will go on with his engagement Oh Sehun.” His father sighed. “When did you get so disobedient? You weren’t like this when your mom was still alive. How can you face her-“

“Don’t you dare.” Sehun growled. “Don’t you dare. How can I face her? how can you?! You got married to that witch only a year after she left!”

“SHE IS YOUR MOTHER NOW TOO!”

“NO MY MOTHER IS HERE!” he pointed to her picture. “And how dare the come here and pretend to cry for her when she doesn’t even know her!”

“ENOUGH! YOU WILL GO OH SEHUN!” with that he stormed out.

As Mr. Oh walked out he noticed Areum. He looked shocked seeing her until he gathered his composure and continued walking.

“If you love him you should show it to him more.” Mr. Oh stopped walking and turned to the girl.

“What?”

Areum turned around and looked at the man. He looked exactly like Sehun but older, a lot older. He had wrinkles on his face and some gray hair that was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter