Chapter 10

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hahahhaa are you serious?”

“Yes I’m serious! She followed me home and hid inside my closet until I got out of the shower! she tried to rip off my towel. Do you know how traumatized I was after that?! Every time I showered I had to have someone check my closet before I went in!”

“Hhahaha oh my gosh you can’t be serious. That is dedication right there! I give props to the girl. You should have accepted her Wu. She would have been the perfect wife.” Kris glared at the girl that was currently sitting next to him on the floor in the living room. He didn’t know how this came to be. After the piano session in the music room Areum and him became more comfortable. Music did really bring people together. Kris explained what happened on the first day of school and she understood. Of course being a kingka meant receiving confessions she should have known. She was one of those girls not too long ago. Areum and Kris became more friendly with each other. Kris was even able to convince her to come over to his house that weekend so they can finish their project together. Or more like him finishing up his part. Kris made the excuse that he needed help and for the sake of her grade Areum accepted. Little did she know that Kris was more than capable of finishing up the project on his own. He just wanted to spend a little more time with the girl. The girl that made his heart skip a beat. They were currently taking a break on the project after spending a good 2 hours on it. Areum was currently lying on the floor in his living room while Kris sat upright next to her staring at her. For the past couple hours, they got to know each other a little bit more. She found out how he hates it when these girls confessed to him. They knew nothing about his personality or his likes and dislikes. All they saw was his looks and money. Kris also told her some stories about his crazy fangirls like the one before. He found out that she has a younger brother, loved to play on the piano and want dogs as pets. However, Kris has yet to know anything about the girls past relationships, if she had any. He had told her that he did date before but it was nothing serious but she had yet to come on that topic. Kris didn’t know if should ask or not seeing as it was something more private. They were in better terms but he couldn’t consider their relationship as friends yet. Kris stared at Areum as she closed her eyes and rest on his living room floor. He gazed softly at the girl and he could think nothing but to lay next to her and wrap his arms around her and pull her closer to his body. I wonder how she’ll feel next to me. She looks so small that I could just wrap my whole arms around her. As Kris was gazing at the girl Areum was thinking about a certain someone back in Korea. He should be happy right now right? Its Saturday. He might be on a date with her right now. Areum pursed her lips together as she could feel tears starting to overwhelm her eyes. Don’t be so weak Park Areum. The whole point of giving them your blessings was so that they can be happy. You had your day. Don’t be selfish. Areum fought the overwhelming feeling of tears as they formed even under her closed eyes. Kris saw her scrunched her eyebrows together with a sad look on her face. What is she thinking about? He wondered. And then he saw it. A single tear fell from her eyes. Kris’s hand automatically came out near her face to wipe it away until the moment was ruined when a loud voice was heard.

“GEGE ITS MOVIE NIGHT TONIGHT AND ITS YOUR TURN TO HAVE IT AT YOUR HOUSE!” a happy Tao skipped into the living room with arms full of junk food followed by the rest of the boys.

“OH what do we have here?” he wiggled his eyebrows when he saw Areum laying on the floor and Kris next to her. Areum had opened her eyes when she heard the voice and quickly wiped her tear.

“Soooo whats going on with you two? Why is she on the floor Wu Yifan? Did you two do something naughty?” Luhan teased as he saw the scene. Xiumin then swun his arm and hit him on the backside of his head.

“Please take your mind out the gutter geez.” Luhan pouted. Areum sat up and stared at the boys. These are the rest of the kingkas. They’re Kris’s friends. Seeing that they had plans to hang out and the project was 80% done Areum got up from the floor.

“Well I guess we did more than enough today. We’re almost done with the project so I’ll be on my way. I won’t bother you guys” she stood up and bowed to the boys making her way to the door. However, an arm came and grabbed her wrist. Areum turned shocked and looked at the owner of the hand just to come face to face with an angelic smile. 

“Why don’t you join us?” Lay asked with a smile on his face. He saw his hyung’s face when Areum stood up and wanted to leave. Lay was no idiot. He saw the disappointment on his face when Areum wanted to leave and his flustered expression when Luhan had . He might be good at masking his expressions but Lay has known Kris ever since they were in diapers. He knew what was going on Kris’s mind and internally chuckled. His heartless friend is finally falling for a girl and by the way Kris was glaring at Lay’s hands on the girls wrist he could tell that his friend fell hard.

Areum didn’t know what to say. She was so captivated by his adorable dimples and smile that she couldn’t do anything but nod. Lay pulled her back into the groups of friends and introduced her to each of them. Areum just nodded dumbly while still noticing Lay’s grip on her wrist. She wasn’t crazy about the boys as the other girls in school but she was still a girl and all of them were handsome and to have Lay hold onto her hand for so long made Areum blushed a little which didn’t go unnoticed by Kris and Lay. Lay chuckled silently has he could see his best friend fuming at Areum’s reaction to him.

“I hope I’m not intruding. I can leave if me being her is making you guys uncomfortable.”

“Nonsense. Lay has personally invited you to stay. Plus, we don’t mind at all. You’re not one of our crazy fangirls if it was one of them that we be another story.” Xiumin joked making Areum giggle.

“Plus having a cute girl like you stay here with us isn’t such a bad thing” Luhan winked. So he is the playboy of the group. Areum thought.

“Noona come sit by me!” Tao grabbed her from Lay and made her sit next to him on the couch. Areum raised her eyebrows.

“You know Korean?” Areum asked.

“We all do; it makes it easier to communicate for business if we know more languages. Xiumin and I are actually Korean. We’re just in Beijing because of family’s business over here. We were both born in Korea.” Chen replied. Xiumin looked at her and nodded. She sat next to Tao on her left while her right was empty. She saw that Lay was walking over with a blanket and smiled at him hoping he would take the seat to her right. She didn’t know why but Lay made her comfortable. However out of nowhere a giant body blocked her view of Lay by sitting next to her on her right. When she looked up it was no one other than Kris. Lay knew he was jealous and thought it would be better to stop playing so he sent Areum a gentle smile and walked over to the other sofa. 

“What? Why are you staring at me like that? I know I’m handsome but you shouldn’t stare too hard.” Kris smirked and looked at the girl. Areum sneered and turned to the movie screen as it started. Leave it to Tao to pick a romantic movie. She had never heard of this movie before as she never got into Chinese dramas when she was in Korea, but as the movie progressed Areum couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable. The plot of the movie made her sick to her stomach. Popular guy is loved by all, girl falls in love with him, he asked her out but then later told her that it was to make her friend jealous so she can realize her feelings for him. Areum felt uncomfortable. Why was this plot exactly like what happened between her, Kai, and Krystal? Guy and the friend finally realizes they love each other, both start dating, and then they got married. While Areum was watching it she realized that the girl was never the main star, but it was the friend instead. It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter