Chapter 9

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

True to her words Areum and Kris only communicated through email. She didn’t even talk to him in school. Saturday quickly came. They had made plans that they will do their project at Kris’s house. It as 11 in the morning. Kris was still sleeping in his bedroom. His maid knocked on the door but there was no answer. The maid opened the door and walked into wake their youg master up.

“Young master Kris. You have a visitor.” The maid said. But still there was no answer. The maid sigh and walked out the door. She walked downstairs and informed the young girl that their young master was still sleeping. she nodded and asked where the living room was, set her things down, and started her work. An hour later a groggy Kris walked down the stairs still in his pjs.

“Mrs. Song can you make me something to eat I’m starving.” Kris said with his eyes half opened. He heard a yes young master and walked towards the living room. Once he reached the living rooms his eyes rounded at the sight of a certain girl.

“Oh you’re finally awake. I thought that I should start on our project myself because who knows when you’ll wake up.” Areum replied when she saw Kris. Kris just looked down at her shocked.

“If you are ready feel free to join in looking up material for our project.” Kris slowly reached her and started helping her. The maids soon made him food and he continued his project after the meal. Kris was half expecting Areum to at least make some type of conversation with him but throughout the whole day she said nothing that was not related to the project. When it was around 3 in the afternoon Areum started packing up to leave.

“I think this is a good place to stop. We are nearly halfway done. All we need to do is to put all the information together and turn it in.” she hung her backpack on her back and started walking to the door. Kris didn’t know what came over him but he reached out and grabbed her wrist before she can go any farther. Areum looked back at him with questioning eyes.

“Yes?”

Kris didn’t know what to say. He just wanted her to talk to him normally. Like a friend. He didn’t like how she treated him like a stranger. It was weird for him to be wanting this much attention from a girl. He didn’t understand what he was feeling but he knew that he disliked the way she was towards him. He rubbed the back of his neck.

“You know you can talk to me comfortably. We are partners. It would be easier if we got along better?” he questioned himself. What the hell am I even saying.

“I thought you didn’t like to get close to random girls.” Areum raised her eyebrows.

“When did I say that?!” Kris exclaimed.

“My first day of school. The girl with the cupcake that confessed. I don’t want to waste my time with a heartbreaker who thinks of girls as a game and leave them after they get what they want.” I don’t want to get my heart hurt again.  Areum shook his wrist off and went to the door. She bowed to Mrs. Song and walked out the house leaving a stunned Kris.

“I AM NOT A HEARTBREAKER!” Kris yelled out after a couple minutes to the closed door. Mrs. Song gave him a questioning look and he retreated back into his room. I will make you change your mind about me Park Areum. For the first time in his life he felt like trying. Trying to show this girl who he really is. I’ll show you the real me.

On Monday of school when Kris stepped into his classroom his eyes narrowed immediately on Areum. He had never been so excited to go to school before. When he woke up that morning he rushed to finish his morning routine and ran out the door to head to school as soon as possible. He had the urge to see the girl. To prove to her. The girl that ignored him and treated him so different even if she didn’t see him as a good guy. It was refreshing. Ever since he was small girls would always crowd around him. Be it for his money or his looks. But Areum was different. For the first time in Kris’s life he was the one pursuing, not the one being pursued. It made him feel weird. Even on the first day he met her when she sat down next to him he thought she was beautiful. He didn’t notice it before but small little butterflies formed in him when they made eye contact. For this first time he wanted to show a girl that he was more than his looks and his money. Kris made his way to his desk and sat down and to his surprise Areum turned around and looked at him. Those eyes. She then handed him a folder.

“This is my part of the project. I know we still have a little over 2 weeks to finish but I took the liberty of finishing my part first. I know you’re a busy guy so I don’t want to waste any more of your time. Since I’ve finished my part you can use it as a guide to see what you should do for yours. This way we won’t need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter