Chapter 55

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you want anything to drink?” Areum asked as she led Kris into her house.

“May I have a glass of water?” Areum nodded her head as she went into the kitchen to get him his drink. Kris walked into her living room and sat down on her couch. He looked around the house and took in the appearance. Areum came back and placed the water on the table. Kris thanked her and took a drink.

“The house is very pretty. You always had a knack for interior design.”

Areum smiled. “thank you. I guess it comes from planning events. So what did you want to talk about?”

Kris placed the cup down and looked at her. “I’m here asking for a second chance.”

“What-what?”

“Areum,” he took her hands into his. “I know I ed up. I know. I never should have doubted you and Kai. I was jealous and stupid. I should have come and apologized to you but like the idiot I was I didn’t. I didn’t because I wanted you to come apologize first.” He took a breath. “being mad at you was one of the dumbest thing I ever done in my life. Right next to getting drunk and sleeping with Wendy.”

Areum bit her lip and looked down.

“I know how much that must have hurt you. I know how much cheating would affect you and I still dumbly did it. I’m so sorry. I broke off things with her.” 

Areum looked up at Kris surprised.

“She lied. There was never any baby. It was just some sick plan to get me to marry her. and she almost succeeded if it wasn’t for Yixing. I ended things with her but truthfully we never even started anything to end. I never touched her again. It was all an act people to see for the company. I never loved her. Not once did I ever imagine having a romantic relationship with her. it was always you. I couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat, couldn’t function without you.”

Areum looked back down.

Kris tilted her chin up with one if his hands and made her look at him. When Areum saw his face, his eyes were so sad. Full of love and longing.  

“I know no matter what I say it can never erase what I did. I’m not asking you to forget. No. what I did will haunt me for the rest of my life. but it will be a reminder.” He said looking straight into her eyes. “A reminder of how special our love is and how no matter what I won’t make that same mistake again. I will never hurt you again. All I’m asking is for another chance.” he begged softly.

“Another chance to be together. Together with you. Because Areum, for as long as I live this life you’ll always be the one I love.” 

Areum sat there stunned. She didn’t know what to say or do. If she would have heard those words before she would have been happy but now. she didn’t feel that way. Can she trust him after what had happened? Can they be happy again? Areum bit her lip.

“Kris I-“

“I don’t want to hear your answer now.” Kris shook his head. “How about you think about it for a bit and give me an answer then?”

He gave her a small smile.

“You must be tired. Have you eaten?”

Areum shook her head. Kris smiled.

“I’ll make something for you.”

He got up before Areum could stop him and made his way into the kitchen.

Kris had made dinner and they both had eaten it together. Not too long later Kris got up to get ready to leave. It was almost midnight. Areum didn’t even notice that it was getting that late. Areum walked him outside and opened the door for him. Kris turned back around.

“Go back in. I know my way down.” He smiled. Areum nodded. He looked at her for a few more seconds before he pulled her into another embrace.

“Promise you’ll think about what I said?” he mumbled into her hair. “I’ll be waiting for you. No matter how long it takes.” Areum nodded and he pulled back.

“I’ll go now. Goodnight baobei.”

“Goonight.”

Kris smiled and made his way to the elevators. Areum watched as he walked in and left. Areum let out a sigh. Her mind was in chaos right now. Areum looked up and faced Sehun’s door. She wanted to go knock on it and see him. They were supposed to have ramen together tonight. Their date wasn’t supposed to end but the Kris came. Areum walked up to his door and raised her fist about to knock. But then she stopped, her hand midway. Areum slowly lowered her hand and looked at the door.

“Goodnight Hun.” She whispered and walked back into her place. 

The next morning Sehun had left his place earlier than he usually did.  He didn’t want to see Areum. He didn’t want her to tell him that she is going back to Kris. First it was Kai now its Kris. he felt like there was no way he could win. This was always happening. He would always get so close, so close but then he’ll lose her again. Sehun sat back on his chair. He was at his office right now. He couldn’t concentrate on work. Scenes from yesterday’s date kept replaying in his head. How happy he was with her, her laugh, their time together, everything was perfect. No matter how much he wants to run away from it and get over her, he couldn’t. He was a fool. A fool in love with his best friend.

Ring Ring

Sehun frowned. Who was calling him? He picked up his phone and saw the name.

President Oh

Why was his dad calling him? Sehun asked. He picked up nonetheless.

“Yes?”

Mr. Oh grunted. “Is that how you greet your father?”

“It is when I know you only call for a reason. What is it this time?”

Mr. Oh sighed. “Let’s have dinner tonight.”

“I’m busy.”

“I already talked to your assistant. You have no plans tonight.”

“What if I just don’t want to go? I don’t feel like playing pretend family tonight.”

Mr. Oh sighed. “It’ll just be me and you tonight.”

Sehun sat up from his chair and raised his eyebrow. “What is it that you want? Why isn’t the witch coming? Did you finally come to your senses and leave the ?”

“Don’t talk to your mother that way!” Mr. Oh yelled.

Sehun rolled his eyes and sat back. “She’s not my mother. What is it that you want then?”

Mr. Oh sighed. “I just want to have dinner with my son? That’s it. Is that so hard to believe?”

“It is.”

Mr. Oh sighed. “Believe it or not I expect you to be there tonight. At our old place. I hope you still remember.” Mr. Oh hung up.

Old place? Sehun tilt his head back into his chair. But we haven’t been there since mom…What is he up to?

Areum couldn't concentrate on work all day. She was texting Sehun and calling him but he ignored her calls and messages. Yesterday their date went so well. She was sad that it had to end suddenly with the appearance of Kris. Areum sighed and leaned back on her chair.

Oh Sehun, Why are you ignoring me?

Areum walked out of her building and stopped when she saw who was there leaning against his car.

“Right on time.” Kai smiled as Areum made her way to him.

“Jongin, what are you doing here?”

Kai smiled at her. “Thought you could use a breather.” He opened his passenger door and gestured her to go in. “How about it? are you up for a little adventure?”

Areum let out an amused breath. “I always liked an adventure.” Kai smiled as she sat in the seat. Kai went to the driver’s seat and they sped off.

After an hour of driving Kai had finally stopped the car. The sun had already set as Kai opened the door for Areum to get out.

“An outside theater?”

Kai appeared in front of her with a picnic basket.

“How is this an adventure?” Areum asked amused.

Kai shrugged. “I never said it was going to be an exciting adventure. Besides would you have said yes if I told you we were going to have a picnic at an outdoor theater?”

“Of course. I’ve always wanted to go. Back in high school there was an event at an outside theater. I wanted to go but I just didn’t have anyone to go with.” She said as she looked at the people finding a good spot on the grass.

“Well you have one now.” Areum looked back at Kai who returned a smile. “From now on if you want to go on an adventure just call me. I’ll be there rain or shine. Night or day. Come on.” He took her hand in his and led her to an empty spot. The two enjoyed the movie and laughed throughout the whole night. They enjoyed the nice food that Kai had brought. Areum felt very relaxed. So much had happened recently and it was nice to just laugh and not think about anything.

Sehun walked into the restaurant. When the host saw Sehun he immediately got out from behind the podium and bowed.

“Mr. Oh. Its good to see you here. Its been a while.” He smiled.

“Is my father here?”

“Yes he is.” and led Sehun into the place. The host escorted Sehun into a private area near the window where his father was already there drinking wine. The host bowed to the two and left them.

“What are you doing standing there? Sit.” His father spoke up.

Sehun huffed and sat down. He looked around.

“I see the woman isn’t here.”

Mr. Oh sighed and looked at his son. “Can you ever accept her?”

Sehun looked at his father dead in the eye. “No. never.”

Mr. Oh gave a small smile. “Of course not. You get your stubbornness from me.”

A waiter soon came and brought their food for them. Sehun looked at the plates placed on the table and looked at his dad.

“You, you still remember?” he asked softly. All the dishes that the waiter had placed were all his and his mother’s favorite. Those were the dishes they would always order when they came here. Then he noticed. It was the same table and the same place they always sat when they went there.

Mr. Oh smiled softly. “Of course I remember. Its my sons’ and wife’s’ favorite.”  

Sehun was speechless.

“I never forgot Sehun. Never.”

PLAY THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHO3wtNYmOI

Mr. Oh let out a sigh and looked out to the night scenery of Seoul. “Your mother was a magnificent woman Sehun. She was my greatest love. She meant a lot to me.” Sehun looked at his father. “I know you might think I’m lying because I don’t talk much about her to you after she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter