Chapter 39

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sehun wake up you bum you got to get ready for work!” Areum called out. Sehun sat up from the couch and pouted.

“But its too early.” He whined. “Can I stay home today.” He looked at Areum with puppy eyes.

Areum laughed and pressed his bed hair down. “No you can’t. and if you want to look handsome again I think you need to get ready now because you look a hot mess.”

Sehun scowled at her, “I’m y 24/7!”

“Whatever you say.” She walked away to kitchen as Sehun lazily got up and got ready. Areum was wearing Sehun’s shirt again as pjs. She had little clothes over here and she was comfortable wearing Sehun’s shirts. She actually liked it a lot.  

“What should I make today? Hmm. Waffles?" she looked down at Vivi who barked. "Ok waffles.” She smiled as she started preparing. Halfway through the doorbell rang. Areum started making her way to the door wondering who it could be. She opened it up to see Irene and Sehun’s stepmom who looked just as surprised to see her. Irene looked down at Areum’s body and noticed the shirt she’s wearing. Did she sleep over? Isn’t that Sehun’s?

Areum cleared and invited them in and greeted Sehun’s stepmom. “Uhm Sehun is getting ready inside, I think he'll be out in a bit. Would you two like some breakfast?” she asked nervously knowing how awkward this situation was. 

“Breakfast? You sure seem to be very at home here in my son’s place.” Sehun’s step mom said to Areum.

Areum just looked at her and bit her lip.

“Areum why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be with Kris?” Irene asked.

“Kris? Who’s Kris?”

“Kris Wu, her fiancé.” Irene answered.

“Kris Wu? As in Wu Yifan? Heir to Wu conglomerate?” she looked over at Areum and smirked. “My, my weren’t we a busy little minx.” Areum felt uncomfortable at their gazes. “You’re engaged yet you’re here in my son’s house wearing his clothes. Aren’t we a little, whats the word Irene dear?”

Irene glared at Areum, “a lady doesn’t say such words. People like her are disgusting.” Areum’s eyes widened.

“Irene….I thought we were friends.” She said hurt

“Friends don’t themselves with their friend’s future husband while she’s engaged.”

“That’s not what happe-“

“Enough.” Sehun stepmom said and walked to Areum eyeing her up and down. “Listen here little girl. I don’t care what you want with Kris Wu. I don’t care if you yourself to him but Sehun here is not going to be played by you. You filthy little-“

“You can’t talk to me like that.” Areum said and looked straight into her eyes surprising her and Irene. “I don’t care who you are but you cannot and will not disrespect me. I am not someone you can go talk like that to. Have some respect for yourself and stop this embarrassment. Who are you to come talk to me like that? Do you really care for Sehun? Or is there another reason why you feel so threatened by my presence? Perhaps you think I’m you? A gold digger?”

SLAP

Irene gasped. Areum touched her cheek and looked to the culprit.

“You insolent little wench-“

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!”

All eyes turned around to see a fuming Sehun.

“Hun…” Areum whispered as Sehun walked over to her and examined her cheek.

“Are you ok? Does it hurt?” he then glared at his stepmom. “Who the hell do you think you are you do that to her?!”

“Sehun this wench-“

“DON’T CALL HER THAT! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO DO THAT TO HER?!” his screamed, fire in his eyes.

“Sehun, she didn’t mean it.” Irene said trying to help the situation. Sehun just glared at her.

“Get out.”

“I am your mother Sehun! You will not disrepsct me. Irene and I-“

“I SAID GET OUT BEFORE I THROW YOU OUT MYSELF! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!” he glared. “Get out before I call security. At least save some face on that.”

Sehun’s stepmom huffed and walked out not forgetting to glare at Areum. Irene trailed behind with the same fury. She won’t let this go. The two made their way to the car and driver drove off. Sehun's step mom had a frown on her face. That girl is very familiar. That name too. 

“Irene.” Irene looked over as they made their way to the car.

“Yes auntie?”

"That girl. What did you say her name was?"

"Park Areum, auntie."

Sehun's step mom repeated the name softly. Park Areum, that name.....She smirked. 

“Don't worry dear, that girl will be taken care of. You will be the one to marry Sehun, I'll make sure of it.” 

“Does it hurt?” Areum shook her head. “Yes it does. It looks like its swelling up. Let me see.” Sehun pulled her cheek to him and saw that it was getting red. “Let me go get some cream for it.”

“Its fine Hun.” She smiled. “I got to call her out. it felt nice. That witch, she does know how to hit though.” She winced at her cheek. “it was my fault for telling you to be ok with your father marrying her in the first place. If I knew she was such a I would have never told you to let it happen.”

“Tch. Now you know. I told you in the first place but nooooo you wanted me to be the bigger person." Areum glared at Sehun and winced again at the pain on her cheek. "

Sehun sighed, "Let’s go put some cream on it ok?”

“Fine. But then you have to help me make waffles. I didn’t get to finish.” Sehun smiled.

“Ok. I’ll help you make waffles after.”  

Kris haven’t been to work since the incident with Aruem and Wendy, but now he’s back. However, he wasn’t alone. He was dragged to work by Luhan and Lay. The two forced Kris to get out of the house and at least go to work instead of drinking himself to death. Once, they got him in his office Lay left, because of work, but Luhan stayed. Someone had to look over him. Kris and Luhan have been in the former’s office the whole day and Wendy was more than anxious waiting outside. This is the first time she’s seeing him after the incident. She tried calling him but he didn’t answer, and now even when she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter