Chapter 57

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun picked up the bouquet of roses that he bought this morning on his morning run. He smiled as he looked at the red roses, Areum’s favorite. He felt happy this morning when he woke up. Last night he was able to let everything out on the table to Kai and Kris about his feelings for Areum and the three of them were able to talk about it. He was glad that they all agreed that no matter what they’ll still be friends. It was like a weight was lifted from his shoulders, now all he need to focus on was the beautiful girl that was living across the hall for him. He was all dressed up in his suit ready for work but he wanted to surprise her with fresh roses before he left. He didn’t want to pressure her into making a decision but he just wanted to wish her a good morning and give her the flowers. Sehun smiled at himself in the mirror as he looked over his appearance one last time. Vivi padded herself over to him and barked.

Sehun smiled and knelt down. “Hey Vivi.” He petted the dog’s head.  

Vivi wagged its tail happily as it nudged its nose on the bouquet of roses.

“These aren’t for you Vivi,” Sehun smiled. “Its for Areum.”

Like, Vivi knew she barked happily.

“Do you think she’ll like it?”

Vivi barked.

Sehun chuckled. “I think so too.” Sehun stood up and dusted his pants. “Be good ok? I’ll be back soon.”

Sehun left his place as he walked across the hallway and knocked on Areum’s door. He waited for a couple of seconds but there was no answer. He looked at his watch. Strange I know she’s not a morning person but that should have woken her up. Sehun knocked on the door again and waited. After a couple minutes there was still no answer.

“Areum?” he called out as he placed his ear to her door. “Areum are you awake?” he asked again louder this time, but still no answer. He knocked again but was still met with nothing. Sehun scrunched his eyebrows together. He was about to knock again but his phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Mr. Oh the BOD will be arriving in 30 minutes for the monthly review. You asked me to remind you about the new project.”

“Right, I almost forgot.” Sehun looked at his watch again. “Ok, I’ll be there in a bit. Lead them to the board room. I’ll get there as soon as I can.”

“Yes sir.”

Sehun sighed as he placed his phone back into his pocket. He looked at the bouquet of roses in his hand and the closed door.

“I guess this will have to wait.” he whispered and left for work.

“Hello?”

“Hello is this Jeon Jungkook?”

“I am. And who is this?” Jungkook replied as he swung his backpack across his shoulder. He just got out of his last test of the semester and all he wanted to do was go home and nap. He also wanted to give his sister a call and see how she was handling things since he cut her off yesterday.

“Hello, this is the Seoul Police Department. We are calling you in a possible kidnapping of a Miss Park Areum last night. I see here in her emergency contacts that you are her brother?”

“Wait hold up. What? Kidnapping?!” Jungkook stopped walking and caught his breath. “What the hell do you mean kidnapping!?”

“Sir, we understand of your shock but if you can, can you please head over to the Seoul Police station located in Gangnam for this-“

“I’ll be on the next flight to Seoul.” He cut off the officer and ran to his car. Jungkook sped off in his car heading towards the airport. He took his phone and dialed his family’s personal pilot. He gripped on the steering wheel as he raced towards the airport.

“S SAKE PARK AREUM!” he yelled as he punched his steering wheel. “You better be ing ok. You better be or I’ll kill you!” he yelled fighting the tears that were covering his eyes.

It was 5 in the afternoon when Jungkook’s plane landed in Seoul. He had a car ready to pick him up as soon as he landed. As the driver drove him to the police station he picked up his phone and dialed a number.

Sehun was walking out of his office as his phone ring. He picked it up and smiled.

“Hey Kookie, why are you calling me?”

“I TOLD YOU TO ING TAKE CARE OF HER! WHY THE DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?!” Jungkook yelled at the older male not caring that he was older than the boy.

“What? Jungkook whats going on? Calm down.”

“DON’T ING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! AREUM’S BEEN KIDNAPPED!”

Sehun felt his heart drop when he heard those words. He his lips nervously hoping the boy was joking.

“What are you talking about? What do you mean kidnapped?”

“The ing police called me when I was in Beijing! They told me she was kidnapped last night! I LEAVE HER IN YOUR CARE AND THIS HAPPENS!”

“Jungkook! Please tell me you’re lying.” Sehun’s voice broke. So many scenarios were running through his head. He couldn’t take it. “Where are you? where are you now?”

“I’m heading towards Seoul Police station in Gangnam right now. Hyung,” Jungkook’s voice broke. “Noona’s going to be ok right?”

Sehun bit his lips. “She’ll be fine. I’ll meet you there.”

Sehun hung up the phone and ran to his car. He started his car as he raced to the police station. He looked at the bouquet of roses laying on the passenger seats. He gripped his hands tighter on the steering wheel.

“She’s ok. She’s ok. It’s a mistake. It’s a mistake.” He kept repeating to himself hoping that when he gets there it’ll be all a misunderstanding.

Sehun ran into the police station and saw Jungkook.

“Hyung!” the younger called.

Sehun ran towards the boy and looked at the two detectives in front of him.

“What happened?”

“This is?” the older detective asked.  

“This is my sister’s best friend and he lives across the hall from her.”

The detective nodded. He signaled for Sehun to take a seat.

“At around 11 PM yesterday night, Miss Park Areum made a trip down to the convenient store near her building.” He showed them the security video of Areum stepping into a small store. The owner, the man working the register, talked to her for a bit when she paid. He was a witness to the kidnapping.” The pointed to the man on the screen. “His statement said that he told her to go home early because it wasn’t safe for her to walk around by herself. Here you can see that she left her phone on the counter of the register. The owner had said that he chased after her when he saw that she left her phone.” The detective stopped the video and pulled out a photograph. “The store’s security tape could only film to there. Miss Park Areum walked too far away from the store to have it taped. However, the traffic camera near there did capture this picture of a van.”

Jungkook and Sehun looked at the picture. There Areum was being carried by men in masks into a van.

“The shop owner also said that when he ran to her they had already carried her away in the van. The van’s license plate is a fake therefore we can’t trace it.”

“What does that mean?” Jungkook asked. “How are you going to find my noona?”

Sehun’s hands formed fists.

“Well, do you two know of Miss Park having any enemies? Anyone who would want to harm her?” the younger dectective asked.

Sehun shook his head. “Areum just returned from Beijing from being away for years. She’s always happy and nice to everyone. Who would have it out for her?”

“Noona doesn’t make enemies. Shes not that type of person.”

“I see.” The older dectective nodded. “Well then as of now because the high profile status of Miss Park Areum we think this might be a kidnapping for ransom.”

“Ransom?” Jungkook asked with fearful eyes.

“If this is for money we can assume that they won't harm Miss Park. If there is no persona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter