Chapter 34

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So what do you guys think? It’s nice huh?”

“It’s perfect Chanyeol.” Areum said as she was at Royal’s Hotel, which was owned by Chanyeol. She was with Chanyeol and Kai as they surveyed the venue for the Kim’s anniversary banquet.

“It is pretty impressive hyung. Who would have thought you would think of installing clear plane windows on the ceiling to look at the stars at night?”

Chanyeol grinned, “Not only that but they are also installed with projector screens. It is able to project anything on the screen above so this room can turn into almost anything. Almost like a virtual world.” Areum nodded impressed.

“This will be the perfect place. Don’t you think so Jongin?” she looked over at Kai. Kai surprised and glad she actually called him Jongin smiled at her. She continued to survey the room not realizing the secret look Kai and Chanyeol was giving each other.

“Oh, look at the time. I need to be somewhere. You kids have fun ok?” Chanyeol said after checking his watch. He turned around and whispered to Kai, “You owe me.” which the younger nodded his head. With that he walked out.

Kai looked over at Areum and smiled. “I think my parents will like this place too.” He said as he made his way closer to her.

Areum looked at him and nodded. All of a sudden the ceiling was getting covered and the room turned dark. “Wha…what’s going on?”

Kai smiled. Then the ceiling lighted up with a projection of shooting stars. Almost like the real thing and a song was played. 

PLAY THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtOdSAxCufY

Areum looked at the ceiling and then at Kai who was smiling. “Whats going on? Jongin? Did you do this?”

“Remember 5 years ago when I promised to see the shooting stars with you?”

Areum nodded slowly, she almost forgot about it.

“Well I wasn’t able to fulfill my promise 5 years ago so here I am trying to fulfill it 5 years later. I know its not the same thing but it’s the best I can do.  So may I?” he held out his hand. “A dance. Another promise.” He smiled at her and nodded to his hand. 

“But we already danced….”

“Eyy can’t I guy give a girl another dance. She has been waiting 5 years. I think she deserves more than one.”

Areum hesitantly looked at Kai and took his hand. They started to dance under the stars like what he promised to do with her 5 years ago. Kai looked at the girl that crept into his heart and smiled.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?” she looked up at him.

“For missing this 5 years ago. And for taking 5 years to do this. Better late than never I guess?”

“You didn’t need to do this you know?”

“I know. But I wanted to.”

“Jongin....”

“Just let us have this moment huh?”

Areum looked at him who smiled gently at her. she sighed and nodded her head.

“I mean who am I to deny a begging man?” she chuckled making Kai laugh too.

“Well thank you then fine lady. You know I had to beg Chanyeol to set this up. That yoda cheated me out of a meal and a favor."

"Well, whose fault is that?"

"Hey! I wanted to make it up to you." he pouted.

Areum smiled lightly at him,"Thank you, Jongin. For keeping your promise."

"Your welcome. I will try to keep my promises to you from now on." He twirled her. 

“Hey Jongin.”

“Yeah?”

“You use to do ballet right?”

“Yeah?”

“I’ve always wanted to do the move where the girl runs into the guy and he picks her up.”

Kai laughed, “Well you know I haven’t done that in a long time. Plus, how much do you weigh?”

Areum slapped his chest. “Seriously!”

Kai laughed, “Ok let’s try it.”

Areum excitedly ran to the other side of the room and Kai the other. They counted down and Aruem ran towards Kai’s arms. Unfortunately for them Kai lost his balance and she fell on top of him. They looked at each other and laughed.

“I guess I’m heavier than I thought.”

“Hell yeah you are.” They laughed and got up enjoying the rest of the song together. They were having fun dancing and playing around with each other. Areum was thankful for Kai for setting this up. Kai was happy that he did it. It’s not the same thing but he was glad he was able to make it up to her.  

Little did they know someone was taking pictures of them the whole time. 

Wendy held the envelope in her hands. She was hesitant on if she should do it or not. She recalled back to about 3 days ago and her encounter with Krystal.   

Flashback

“What do you mean you can help me?” Wendy asked warily eyeing the girl.

Krystal intently looked at the girl, “I mean what I said. I can make it that Kris leaves Areum.”

“How? He’s in love with her. He thinks about her every day.” She clenched her fist. “It’s impossible. I’ve tried to get closer to him but when I do he pushes me away. He won’t do anything.”

“Nothing’s impossible.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter