Chapter 59

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well your hunch was wrong.” Luhan plopped down on Lay’s couch and rubbed his face, tired. “It wasn’t Krystal. I have had my men track her for the last couple days. Nothing out of the ordinary, on the contrary she looks like . She might be crazy but kidnapping is not something she would do.”

Lay leaned back on his chair. They were tired, worried, and practically drained.

“Its been a week. We’re friends if we can’t find her.”

“No kidding. But what can we do at this point? I’m going crazy. Kris, Kai, and Sehun looks like . They’re practically turning this whole city upside down and still no clue where Areum is. Tao disappeared for the past 4 days. Jungkook is like a walking corpse. He just sleeps, wakes up, goes to the police station, eat, sleep and do the same thing over again. And my baby girl is out there somewhere and I don’t even know if she’s dead or alive! I’m drained.” Luhan was beyond tired.

“I’m worried Han.”

Luhan looked at the boy.

“Its been a week. The longer she’s missing, the possibility of her living gets lower.”

“Don’t you ing dare.” Luhan growled. “We’ll find her and we’ll make whoever did this pay. The bastard will pay. Areum’s alive. We will find her.”

“Son when was the last time you slept?”

“I slept fine mom.”

“In a bed Yifan. In a proper bed with proper sleep.”

Mrs. Wu was at her son’s office. She heard from Yang that he has not been home for the past couple of days. He has barely slept or eaten. All he does is work all day and when he’s done he goes to the police station to be updated on Areum’s case.

“Sweetheart I know you’re worried about Areum. I know. We are all worried too, but you cannot be torturing yourself like this.”  

No matter how much his mom was talking to him it was like it was gone to deaf ears. Kris couldn’t think of anything else but Areum’s safety. He had to busy himself. He has to busy himself or else he’ll have gone mad with worry.

“Yifan-“

“MOM I SAID I’M FINE!”

Mrs. Wu’s eyes widened. In all her years Kris has never raised his voice at her ever since he turned 18.

“Yifan-“

“GODDAMINT MOM I SAID I’M FINE ALRIGHT?!” he threw his documents on the ground in anger.

“I’m fine just please.  Just please.” He sat down on the couch in his office. He placed his elbows on his knees and hid his face in his hands.

Mrs. Wu looked down sadly at her son and walked over to sit next to him. She rubbed his back when she saw his shoulders moving up and down.

“Its ok Yifan, its ok.”

“Its not mama.” Kris brokenly said. “I messed up. I messed up and I lost her. I lost her and when I tried to get her back I lost her again. This time-” he choked on his words. “This time, what if I don’t ever see her anymore? I still have so much to tell her. I want to tell her how I feel. That I still love her. That I still love her so damn much. I don’t care now; I don’t care if she doesn’t choose me mama. I just want her safe. I just want her back safely.”

Mrs. Wu tried to contain the tears from falling. She wrapped her arms around her son’s body and let him cry on her shoulder.

“She’s going to be ok Yifan. Even if we have to turn this whole country upside down we’re going to find her.” she comforted her son.  She comforted her grown son like how she use to when he was a kid. Its been so long since Kris was like this. She knew how much he felt for Areum and this was breaking him apart.

“Knock knock”

Sehun looked up from his documents and was greeted with a face he didn’t think would be there.

“Hey there stranger.”

Sehun placed his documents down and furrowed his brows.

“Irene, what are you doing here?”

Irene smiled softly at him and took a seat across from him.

“What I can’t come and see a friend?” she teased.

“I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Don’t worry about it. I was just in the neighborhood and I wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. How are you holding up?”

Sehun just shook his head and leaned back on his chair.

“That bad huh?” she gave him a sympathetic look. “Still no updates on her whereabouts?”

Sehun shook his head. “These damn cops are so incompetent. Its been almost a week but nothing.” Sehun gripped his arm rest.

“Sehun you all are trying your best. Its all over the news and you and your friends are doing everything you guys can to find her. don’t worry. Good things happen to good people. Areum was a good person, she’ll be ok.”

Sehun just shook his head.

“Ok that’s it.” she stood up and made her way over towards Sehun. “We’re going out.”

Sehun looked at her like she was crazy and shook her head.

“Oh come on Oh Sehun. Look at yourseolf. You’re a mess. You need to go out and relax. You’re not helping her if you’re slowly killing yourself by overworking. You need to go out and clear your mind. Maybe that would help you.”

“I’m not overworking.” He mumbled.

“Yes you are!” she pulled him up from his seat.

“Come on. Trust me.”

Sehun looked at the girl and gave in. He wasn’t going to lie; he was overworking himself. He finished a month’s worth of work in a week and more. He did need a stress reliever.

Seeing that Sehun was no longer fighting back, Irene smiled and hooked her arms around his.

“Get ready for a day full of fun Oh Sehun.”

“Samchon.”

Kai looked over at Taeoh. He was currently at his sister’s house baby-sitting the little boy for the night.  His family has seen how stressed he was this past week with Areum’s kidnapping and they were hoping they could help him destress. His sister knew how much he loved his nephew so she invited him over for family dinner. At first Kai refused saying he was bust but after some aegyo from Taoh he didn’t have the heart to say no. The rest of the family was currently out shopping to prepare dinner. His mother had wanted to make dinner personally herself and had dragged everyone else to the market with the exception of Kai and Taeoh. She wanted her son to relax and maybe Taeoh could help bring some happiness back into his hectic week.

“Hm?”

“I miss the pretty noona.”

Kai’s eyes widened. “What pretty noona?”

“The pretty noona that found me when I was lost uncle Jongin! I miss her. Can we go see her?”

Kai bit his lips and looked over at the boy.

Taeoh walked over to Kai and sat on his lap.

“I promise to be good uncle Jongin. I won’t even ask for ice cream.”

Kai looked down at Taeoh’s big eyes. How could he tell the boy that he couldn’t see her? That he himself would be a good boy too to see her again.

“Taeoh,” Kai said softly, “I want to see the pretty noona too. I have a lot of things to tell her too. But s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter