Chapter 58

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been 3 days since Areum’s kidnapping. Kai, Kris, and Sehun were all going insane. They couldn’t work and all they would think about is where she was and who did it. Tao was the exact same sending the Huang’s secret task force out to find her. Tao was angry that anyone would even dare kidnap his mei mei. The other boys were also using all their resources to find Areum as well. Jungkook was the worse out of them. all He locked himself inside Areum’s place and didn’t step outside for the past 3 days. The only time he would step out was to talk to the detectives on Areum’s case. Jungkook wouldn’t even eat. The boys had to come over every single day and force him to eat. Even then he would take a bite or two then go back into Areum’s room. The police force was not getting any break as well. Areum, heiress of the Park’s, was missing and the higher ups were being pushed to hurry and find her. They have been receiving pressure as well from the Kim’s, Wu’s, Oh’s, Lu’s, Huang’s, Park’s, Zhang’s, Byun’s, and the Do’s. The richest of the rich in Korea and China and they were all pressuring the police to find Areum. Not only that, news has also spread throughout the nation as Areum’s kidnapping. Jungkook had insisted his parents not worry but they were adamant of flying back to Seoul.

Kai stepped out of the police station and yawned. He was there all night and day with the detectives trying to figure out where Areum could be. He rubbed his face tired.

Areum where are you?

Its been 3 days and there as still been no luck finding Areum, he was going insane. His driver soon pulled up and opened the door for Kai.

“Young master should I take you home?”

Kai shook his head. “To the company.”

His driver looked at him in concern. “Sir you’ve been up for the past 24 hours. Are you sure you don’t want to go home and rest?”

Kai shook his head and closed his eyes leaning back into the seat. If I go home I won’t be able to sleep anyway. I’ll just be thinking of her.

“I’m fine. Take me to the company.”

The driver hesitantly nodded and drove Kai to work.

Kris threw the folder into his workers face.

“You call this a proposal?!” he yelled, his face fuming. The worker was looking down at his shoes trying to hold himself together. The whole floor was quiet as they watched their boss. They’ve seen their boss angry before but this was on a whole other level.

“Make me another proposal before 5 today or you and your whole department is fired do you understand me!? and I’ll make sure that none of you would find another job in this field anywhere!” with that he stormed back into his office slamming his door.

Kris loosened his tie away from his neck angry. He picked up his phone.

“Mr. Wu, how can I help you?” a nervous voice on the other line picked up.

“Commissioner, I hope you have good news for me.” he said grimly on the phone.

The police commissioner swallowed on the other line. “We are doing the best we can Mr. Wu. I have all my best men on it-“

“Then that means you still haven’t found her yet.” He said darkly. “I wonder do you even care for your job.”

“Mr. Wu I promise you I have the best people on it, I-“

“Results commissioner. I want results. I know you know what will happen if you don't get her back safely soon.” With that he hung up. Kris took a deep breath and started outside into the city. He threw his phone into the wall and slid down gripping his hair.

“Areum, baby, baby where are you? Tell me that you’re ok.” He said brokenly.

“Mr. Oh, you have a visitor.” His secretary told him.

“I don’t want to see anyone right now.” Sehun said coldly.

“Even me?” Sehun looked up from his work and saw Irene walking in. “Hey.”

Sehun furrowed his eyes. “What are you doing here?”

Irene smiled. “I was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat with me.”

Sehun pressed his lips together. “I don’t have time right now.”

“Come on Oh Sehun. I thought we were friends. Come on Oh, you look like hell. A bite won’t kill you.” She grabbed his arm and dragged him outside.

 Irene and Sehun were both seated in a fancy restaurant for lunch. Irene tried to make conversation with Sehun, however the latter was just playing with his food mindlessly answering her with occasional nods.

“I heard about your friend.” Irene finally said. Sehun stopped playing with his pasta and looked up at her.

“I’m sorry.”

Sehun pressed his lips together as he places his fork down.

“Why are you sorry. Its not your fault.”

“I know but its just terrible how that happened to her.”

Sehun gripped his hand into a fist. “When I find out who those bastards that kidnapped her I’ll cut them limb from limb.” Sehun said darkly, malice in his tone.

“She’ll be fine.” Irene gave him a smile. “I know she’s a good friend for you and if you need any help I’ll be here.” She reached over and placed her hand on Sehun’s across the table. “I’ll always be here for you Sehun. I’m your friend right?”

After lunch Sehun had offered to take Irene back to her house.

“Thank you for taking me back home.” Irene said as Sehun opened the door for her.

“Don’t worry about it.” Sehun said as he combed his hair with his hands.

“You look very tired Sehun.” Irene said as she fixed his hair for him. “Don’t overwork yourself ok?”

Sehun just nodded.

“Call me if you need me.” Irene leaned down and pecked his cheek. She pulled away with a smile and quickly ran into her house.

Sehun stood there stunned at what she did and shook off the thought. He didn’t have time to think about Irene right now. He looked at his watch after he got back into the car and decided not to return to the office. He picked up food and headed home. He knew Jungkook wouldn’t have eaten yet and there was no way in hell he was going to let down both th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter