Chapter 20

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a new day and Areum woke up and finished getting dress. She was wearing a sleeveless white button down and a black pencil skirt. Today will be her first day going back to work. She was actually dressed to visit her dad’s company to do a routine follow up. After she was going to meet a client about an anniversary party. This will be Areum’s first time seeing how her father’s company in Seoul works. Areum was not only the heiress to her father’s work but also a renowned event planner. Her father’s business was his duty and event planning was her passion. She found that doing it on the side was no problem as long as her dad’s business came first. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. I’m ready then. She then heard her phone ding. She went over to her phone and opened the message with a picture attached to it. 

 

Noona, have a great first day at work. I believe in you. Fighting! I love you <3. 

Areum smiled and replied back to her brother. Walking downstairs she saw that breakfast was already made for her and Kris was there.

“Well good morning there y.” He smirked and pulled her by her waist to him. “damn.”

“Behave, we both have work.” Kris pouted and sat down next to her. They both finished their breakfast and walked to their cars.

Kris kissed her lips, “I’ll pick you up later?”

“Mhm. We have dinner with Sehun and Irene tonight.”

Kris nodded, “Have a good day at work today.” He smiled.

“You too.”

Kris then went to his car and drove off to work. Yang opened the door for Areum and they made their way. 

Knock Knock

“Come in.”  

“Mr. Kim here are the documents you wanted. These are also the new contracts for the new stores that are leasing some of our openings in out mall as well.” Junshin handed them over to Kai nodded. He stopped his worked and stretched.

“Is there anything else?”

“Yes sir, Mrs. Nara would like you to meet with the event planner she has scheduled for lunch. Mrs. Nara said she’ll be stuck in a meeting and will not be able to make it.”

Kai raised his eyebrows, “event planner? For what?”

“President Kim and Mrs. Kim’s wedding anniversary sir.”

Kai then nodded his head. Right my parent’s anniversary. Kai sighed, “We could have planned it ourselves there was no need for an event planner. We have our own department.”

“Mrs. Nara said that she is very famous and only takes in some events. She was lucky to be able to get her to do this. And Mrs. Nara said and quote “Kim Jongin if you screw this up I’ll will wring your neck with my bare hands.” Jungshin said awkwardly. He couldn’t believe he just said that to his boss.

Kai sighed again and dismissed Jungshin. 

Areum made her way out of the company. She was glad that everything was going smoothly. However, she can already tell that she will have to work more in the office now than her hobby. She pouted as she made her way to her lunch meeting.

Kai was already sitting at the restaurant waiting for the person he was going to meet for lunch.

Ring Ring.  

“Hello”

“Jongin where are you? I came to your office for lunch but didn’t see you.”

Kai suddenly realized he was supposed to have lunch with Krystal today. “Sorry Soo, I forgot something came up and I can’t make it. Sorry, I forgot to tell you”

“What came-“ before Krystal can finish her sentence a voice called out

“Kai?”

Kai looked up ignoring his girlfriend on the phone. 

Kai smiled with a nod his heart suddenly feeling very happy. He hung up on Krystal making her bewildered. “Hey, what are you doing here?”

“Appointment with Kim Nara?” Areum looked at him and around to make sure she was in the right place.

“That would be me.” he said and pulled he chair out for her.

“I didn’t know you had another nickname you went by. This time Nara?” she teased.

Kai chuckled. “its my sisters name. She originally had the appointment with you but couldn’t make it and threatened to wring my neck if I didn’t come.”

The waiter came and took their orders.

“Wait there’s a lot of onions in that dish. Are you ok with that?” Kai looked up at Areum surprised. He always had a distaste for onions. He can eat it but he rather not if he didn’t have to. She still remembers. Kai looked at Areum with a soft smile.

“We can leave it out if you want ma’am.” Areum looked at Kai who nodded his head.

“That would be nice. Thank you.” He replied to the waiter and he left.

“So an event planner huh? Didn’t think you would be one considering how unorganized you were back in high school.” Kai teased Areum.

Areum laughed, “well that was because it was school. This is something I love. I love finishing an event and seeing the happy smile on my clients faces. It makes it all worth it. My favorite are weddings. I know people hate dealing with brides during that time but when I see them walk down the aisle to the man they love it makes it all worth it you know? The stress and headaches seems to be all worth i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter