Chapter 12

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How was dinner last night with the boys?” Krystal asked when she walked into Kai’s office.

Kai looked up and smiled. He stood up from his chair and embraced her. He let her go and walked back into his chair while Krystal sat down on one of the chairs in front of his desk.

“It was good. It was nice being all together again. I miss them a lot and now we’re finally all together again. The boys are all back and Kris will be staying here for a good while for Wu Korea. Things are going to be very interesting from now on. And guess what? Kris actually came back here with a fiancé.”

Krystal widened her eyes. “No way. The stone hearted dragon has a fiancé? I didn’t even know he had a girlfriend!”

Kai chuckled, “yeah apparently only the China line knew about it. It was a secret. But he’s bringing her to the banquet tonight. We’ll all finally get to see this mystery girl. He wouldn’t even tell us her name. he just said we’ll see tonight.”

“Well I can’t wait to meet her. Having another girl in this group will be fun. I’ll have a female companion to talk to now!” Krystal said excitedly. Kai nodded.

“Oh why are you here? Did you need something?” Kai asked.

Krystal shook her head. “No I was just wondering if you would like to have lunch with me.”

Kai looked at his clock. It was an hour before lunch but he looked back at Krystal. “Yeah sure. I have the banquet tonight to get ready for as well. I'm already done with work for today. Let’s go.” He got up and grabbed his suit coat and headed out the door with Krystal hand in hand. 

“That’s wonderful. Wow your parents must be so proud of you Joohyun!” Mrs. Oh exclaimed.

“It was nothing. I did what I had to in order to help. A lot of other students were there too to volunteer at the wild life reserve.” Irene replied.

“Well if only I would get such a caring daughter in law like you.” Mrs. Oh said hinting at Sehun. Irene blushed and peaked at Sehun. Sehun on the other hand was annoyed out of his mind at this lunch and sighed deeply, pressing his lips together.  

He hated these lunch dates that they made him go to. For the past 3 months he’s been on lunch, and dinner dates with Irene because of his parents and he was getting tired of them. why can’t they get the hint he wasn’t interested? He only went because he was tired of his dad nagging him and his step mom’s constant insistence. He sighed and looked at his watch, how much longer do I have to stay here? Fortunately for him they already finished their food and when the waiter came back with their card he was more than happy to stand up to leave. However, as he stepped out of the restaurant his stepmom had other plans.

“Sehun how about you take Joohyun and take a stroll around here? I heard the cherry blossoms have bloomed nicely this year.” His stepmom said. It was obvious she was trying to prolong this meeting.

“I heard they were beautiful; I would love to go see them.” Irene said as she looked at Sehun with hopeful eyes.

Sehun gave them a blank face, “I have to get back to the company.” He said coldly making Irene's smile shrink.

“Take Joohyun to see them Oh Sehun. I think the company can manage just fine without you for one day. Besides you need to prepare for the Kim’s banquet tonight anyway. Take the rest of the day off and take Joohyun to enjoy the flowers.” Mr. Oh said in a demanding voice. Sehun glared at his father who glared back at him with the same intensity, if not more. Sehun pressed his lips together again. He didn’t want to make a scene in public. 

“Fine whatever” he said and walked to his car with Irene following behind. 

“*Gasp* Is that a bakery?” Areum asked as the driver passed by a store. Yang looked back and saw the shop.

“Yes it is. Are you still hungry? Would you like to go?” he asked.

“If you don’t mind. I always have room for bread.” Areum smiled. Yang chuckled, of course he knew his young mistress’s love for bread even if she already ate to her hearts content during lunch. She would always have room for bread. Yang told the driver to drive back to the bakery. Once they parked, Yang opened the door for Areum. Areum immediately went into the bakery and her eyes twinkled with amazement of all the baked goods they had. Yang smiled at Areum as she looked like a kid at a candy store buying anything she wanted.

 

“Kai let’s stop by the bakery before we head back. I want to buy a treat for Taeoh.” Krystal said as Kai was driving them back to Kai’s family’s mansion after lunch.

“You shouldn’t spoil him Soojung or he's going to become a brat.” Kai glanced at his girlfriend.

“I just want to be on better terms with him. He still doesn’t like me that much.” Krystal pouted. It has been years since Kai has introduced Krystal to his family as his girlfriend and to his nephew. However, the young boy didn’t seem to like Krystal as much as his other family members. Taeoh was always cold to her no matter what she did for him. Kai saw her pout and chuckled.

“Ok we can. How about that one right there? Taeoh loves this bakery. It's his favorite. You're sure to win his heart with something from there.”

Krystals eyes light up, “REALLY?! THEN WE MUST GO TO THAT ONE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter