Chapter 52

Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“NOONA WAKE UP!” a loud knock hit her bedroom door. Areum shocked woke up.

“What?!” she sat up with a start and looked around. She was in her room. Her mind went back to what happened last night. She tried to recall what happened.

“I never stopped loving her.”

“You.”

“Can I kiss you?”

Areum’s cheeks flushed red. She held her face in her hand. I KISSED SEHUN! She groaned in her hands.  She slammed her face back into her pillow and screamed into it.

“I KISSED SEHUN!!” her screams were muffled in her bed.

“NOONA WAKE UP NOW OR I’M LEAVING WITHOUT YOU!!”

“I CAN’T LEAVE THIS ROOM! JUST BURY ME!!” she yelled back to her younger brother.

“That’s it.” Jungkook opened her door and walked in to see her distraught facing down on her bed.

“Noona get up or I’ll miss my flight!” he pulled her blanket away from her.

“No, I can’t. I can’t go outside.” Pulled it back.

“And why not?!” he huffed crossing his arms.

“What?” Jungkoook got closer to her trying to make out her muffled sounds.

“Noona stop playing! Did something happen last night?”

Areum sat up with a start.

“What? What happened? Nothing happened. What are you talking about?” she chuckled weirdly.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at her. “Oh really?”

“Of course!”

He crossed his arms and stared at the girl. “Really? Nothing happened? You suddenly running back inside the banquet hall grabbing me and making us leave all of a sudden and you mean to tell me nothing happened?” Jungkook narrowed his eyes at the girl. “I don’t believe you.”

Flashback

After kissing for a good while Sehun and Areum pulled apart for air. Sehun grinned a wide grin at the girl.

“Wow. That was some kiss.”

Areum’s cheeks flushed and pulled away. She started looking around.

“Uhm, I, uhm.”

Sehun chuckled caressing her cheek. “So does this mean you feel the same?”

Areum stood up abruptly. “I got to go. I forgot to turn the stove off bye!”  

“Wait!”

Before Sehun could call her back Areum had already ran back into the banquet hall, located Jungkook, and pulled him to the exit. 

Areum widened her eyes and threw a pillow at Jungkook’s face.

“Nothing happened! Now get out!” she pushed him out. “I need to get ready. You don’t want to miss your flight!” she stood up pushing him to the door.

“And don’t pick the lock to my bedroom again you hooligan!” 

“IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN DO!?” Kris threw the folders on the table and glared at his employees.  

Kris was currently in the metting room with his workers. Everyone sat rigid on their seats. They have never seen their boss this angry before. Sure he had gotten mad at them before but today it was on another level of anger.

Taejoon gulped. “Sir, the project team had tried their best-“

“Well it seems their best isn’t good enough.”

“With the time we had-“

“Is this team that incapable to give me a good proposal in the given time? Should I find someone better then? How about relieving the whole project team then?”

Everyone was quiet fearing for their jobs.

“Kris-“

“This doesn’t concern you.” Kirs glared at Wendy to be quiet. Kris then stood up.

“I want another proposal on my desk tomorrow morning. And it better be better than this one or the whole team is fired. Got that?” with that he walked out and slammed the door.

Kris walked into his office and sat down on his chair. He tiled his head back and closed his eyes. The scene he saw last night came back into his mind.

Flashback

Kris saw Areum walk outside. He was talking to some investors when he saw her make her way outside. He followed her outside wanting to talk to her. To ask her how she was. Was she eating well? its getting colder was she wearing enough clothes? Is she sleeping well? He had so much to say to her but he couldn’t when there were eyes in the banquet hall watching him. The last thing he wanted to do was to make everyone assume Areum was another woman and that she was a mistress. No. She was not and never would be one. When he was able to get away from the investors he followed her outside. When he got out he saw Areum sitting on a bench next to Sehun. He stopped a good distance from them to listen to their conversation. He wished he didn’t though. He wished he went back inside. He wished he never heard Sehun’s confession. And it almost broke him when he saw them kiss. His Areum kissing another man.

Kris opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling. He didn’t know how something so perfect became so wrong now. He bitterly chuckled. Of course he knew how. He was a jealous idiot who accused her of something she didn’t do and made the worst mistake he ever made in his life. He single handedly ruined his happiness.

Knock Knock

Kris looked at the door where Wendy walked in.

“Hey.”

Kris turned around and showed her the back of his chair.

“I don’t have anything to say to you right now.”

Wendy pressed her lips together.

“I just wanted to say you were a little harsh on them. They worked really hard on that proposal. You can’t possibly think they can make another one overnight-”

“It is none of your concern.” Kris had turned around suddenly and glared at her. “You may be my fiancé by name but that’s it. You don’t get to into my business or how I run things Ms. Son. Now if you please. I’m not in the mood today. You can leave.”

“But-“

“I said leave.” He turned back around.

“I understand.” Wendy said quietly. “I’ll wait for you after work.”

“There is no need. The driver will take you home first.”

“I understand. I’ll be going.”

Kris didn’t answer her. He heard the door click and took a deep breath. His phone then dinged notifying him of a new message. He opened it up.

From Tao

Meet at Yixing’s house tonight. I don’t care if you’re busy, you better come. It’s important. You better be there or you’ll regret it. 

Kai stared blankly at the documents on his desk. His assistant was speaking to him but nothing was going through.

Flashback

Kai was at his table talking to his parents with Krystal beside him. The song started and his parents left to do their first dance of the night. He smiled as he looked at his parents. His sister and brother in law soon joined his parents on the dance floor. He looked at his parents and his sister in envy. They each had someone they truly loved next to them. His eyes scanned the room until it landed on the girl that caught his heart. He saw Jungkook stand up and motioned her to take his hand. He saw her smile and took his hand as her little brother brought her to the dance floor. Suddenly a hand appeared in front of him. His eyes roamed up to the owner of the hand.

“Would you like to dance?” Krystal asked him smiling.

He gave her a small smile and took her hand. He led her to the dance floor as they started to dance. Throughout the dance Kai’s eyes never left Areum. The way she was laughing to Jungkook and the way she looked tonight made Kai’s heart jump in joy. He didn’t even listen to Krystal.

“Kai are you listening to me?”

“Huh?” he looked back down at Krystal.

“I was saying how excited I am that we’re going to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter