Coffee Love #24 (JiTae)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #24 - Faithful
Word Count: 6,288

Date in Chapter: 2017 February 10

Note: Happens a week after Coffee Love #23. Again, warning for unwanted ual advances. A little stronger of a warning this time. (This might be a little confusing…but we’ll go back to the longer chapters like the last one next time.)

 

Jimin’s POV

    “Do you want to know what I think is the cutest thing in the world?” Taehyung lies on his side, his head propped up on his arm as he looks at Jimin, running his fingers through the smaller one’s hair.

It’s relaxing. Too relaxing. Almost relaxing enough to put Jimin right back to sleep, but he’s supposed to be getting ready for work and Taehyung for class.

“What’s that?” Jimin means to ask, but it comes out in more of a hum mixed with a soft mumble. He has a hard time keeping his eyes open.

Why is everything with Taehyung so relaxing? So comfortable?

Taehyung stops petting Jimin’s hair, and he goes to grab one of Jimin’s hands, squeezing it in his own.

When he and Taehyung were younger, Jimin never expected his best friend to grow up to be a giant. They were always about the same size—hands, height, everything. Until one day, Taehyung kept growing, and Jimin just stopped.

“Your tiny hands.” Taehyung kisses the back of Jimin’s hand, and Jimin feels his cheeks heating as a light blush takes them over.

At least he’s not teasing Jimin about his more private body parts this time. That seems to be one of Taehyung’s favorite ways to mess with his boyfriend, and Jimin hates it. Sort of.

“My hands are normal sized.” Jimin says exactly as he always does when Taehyung brings up this topic. It’s always the same thing, but Jimin never gets bored of it. “You’re the one with freakishly huge hands.”

“They are not normal sized.” Taehyung completely disregards Jimin’s second commend as he squeezes Jimin’s hand again. “They’re small, even for your height.”

“Then I guess we’re both freaks.” Jimin rolls onto his side that he’s fully facing Taehyung, and he gets a little flustered when he sees the admiring way the one is staring at him. “No wonder we fit together so well.”

“You know what else is really cute?” A mischievous grin plays on Taehyung’s face as he presses forehead against Jimin’s.

“Kim Taehyung, you better not—”

Before Jimin can even finish that sentence, Taehyung has him pushed on to his back, positioning himself on top of the smaller one. He then proceeds to tease Jimin about his more private body parts, and Jimin tries to remind him that it’s still Friday, and they have classes and work to get ready for.

 

Jihoon’s POV

    Apparently last Saturday really was a one-time thing. After that day, Jungkook went right back to being his usual pain in the every morning. Jihoon could complain about it, but he really does like it better when he and Jungkook have something to argue about in the morning. He thinks sleepy, grumpy Jungkook is one of the cutest sides to his boyfriend.

“Kookie—”

“No.” Jungkook whines, actually offering a response much earlier than usual. Normally, Jihoon has to bother him for five minutes before he so much as mumbles unintelligible words to Jihoon.

In the little letter had written to Jihoon, Jungkook said something about Jihoon must not find him very while he’s sleeping. That statement couldn’t have been further from the truth. Jungkook is adorable when he’s sleeping. The way his face looks so relaxed and innocent and peaceful. How his un-styled hair falls right over his face and how his mouth is parted ever so slightly while he still breathes through his nose.

“I’m not arguing with you today.” Jihoon sighs, scooting closer to Jungkook. “I’m serious. If you want to skip classes and work today, I’m fine with that.”

Just as Jihoon is close enough that he bumps into Jungkook’s chest, the younger one is wrapping his arms around Jihoon and pulling him in for some cuddles. He buries his face in Jihoon’s shoulders, and Jihoon only squirms because it tickles when Jungkook breathes against his skin.

“I hope you are being serious.” Jungkook holds Jihoon tighter, rolling over just a little so that he’s barely laying on top of Jihoon. “Because I don’t feel like doing anything today. I’d like to have a day off once in a while.”

Between dance class, school, and work at the café, Jungkook pretty much has somewhere to be every day of the week. Seokjin might occasionally be nice enough to give him a Sunday off or something, but he usually has somewhere to be every day. Since Jihoon has never experienced anything like that before, he can’t imagine how hard it must be on him. It’s probably why he’s so tired all the time.

“I’m being completely serious.” Jihoon assures his boyfriend, thinking Jungkook deserves to have the day off just this once.

Jungkook loosens his grip around Jihoon, and he opens his eyes to look at his boyfriend. “Are you caught up with everything at work, though?” Jungkook asks. “I mean, won’t Yoongi hyung get mad if you don’t show up today?”

Jihoon shrugs. “Whatever I don’t have done, I can get done over the weekend.” Jihoon says. “As long as it gets done, Yoongi hyung shouldn’t have a problem.”

“As long you won’t get in trouble,” Jungkook says, pulling Jihoon in closer again and letting out a big sigh. Jihoon can feel his chest with air and deflate upon his exhale, and the soft hum vibrating against his chest. “I don’t see any reason we can’t just stay and enjoy ourselves for one day.”

“Enjoy ourselves?” Jihoon questions, a small bit of hope bubbling in his chest. “By sleeping?”

“Sleep isn’t the only way to recharge, Hyung.” Jungkook says, and he presses a kiss to Jihoon’s lips.

“I’m glad we’re on the same page, then.” Jihoon says, smiling at Jungkook.

Just for today, Jihoon decides to give into Jungkook’s wishes this once. Instead of getting ready for classes, they stay in bed. And, instead of catching up on sleep, they enjoy themselves in other ways. Jihoon couldn’t ask for a better way to start of his morning while finishing up the week.

 

Namjoon’s POV

    Namjoon frowns when he wakes up. Normally, waking to Seokjin is something that would bring a smile to his face, but not when it’s a Friday, and the elder should be at work. Instead, he finds Seokjin lying in bed, still asleep, and that’s never a good sign.

“Hyung,” Namjoon shakes Seokjin in his attempt to wake him up.

The elder’s eyes flutter open to look at him. His eyes are glossed over, and his nose is a little red, and Namjoon knows why Seokjin isn’t at work.

“You feeling okay?” Namjoon presses the palm of his hand against Seokjin’s forehead, and he feels hot. He seemed to be doing fine last night, but Seokjin has been known for having cold randomly sneak up on him—even if he doesn’t get sick often. “Do you need me to call someone in to the café?”

The café should have been opened a couple of hours ago, and, if Seokjin’s not there to do it this morning, Namjoon can’t really imagine who is.

Seokjin shakes his head, and he rolls to face away from Namjoon. “I called Hoseok this morning, and he said that he’d take care of it.” Seokjin tells him. His voice doesn’t sound too bad, thankfully. Rather than sounding weak and hoarse, it just sounds stuffy and nasally, so Namjoon just hopes that this is something that will pass quickly.

Still. Seokjin called Hoseok? That doesn’t make any sense to Namjoon because Hoseok doesn’t work at the café anymore. “You called Hoseok?” Namjoon asks, just to make sure the elder knows what he’s talking about.

Seokjin nods. “Yeah, I tried Eunji, but she wouldn’t answer the phone. She was probably sleeping,” Seokjin explains. “So I called Hoseok and explained that I needed someone to open up the café, and he agreed to it as long I paid him double time.”

Namjoon doesn’t know why, but that really relieves him a lot. It’s not even his café, and he was worried about having someone there to work it this morning if Seokjin wasn’t going to. He’s just glad that his husband has such a good and loyal friend like Hoseok.

“Okay,” Namjoon says, brushing Seokjin’s hair out of his face to press a kiss to his forehead. “I’m going to get ready for work. Do you need me to take Jinhee to the daycare?”

Jinhee had been going to the daycare every day this week since Namjoon started going back to work. If Seokjin is home, he technically should be taking care of him, but Namjoon doesn’t want him to stress over it if he’s not feeling well. He knows that these colds tend to hit Seokjin pretty hard when they do happen.

Again, Seokjin shakes his head. “There’s no sense in taking our kid to the daycare if I’m home.” Seokjin says. “I’ll take care of him.”

Of course Seokjin would say that. Well, Namjoon can’t really argue with him there.

“Okay,” Namjoon says. “Then is there anything you need before I head to work?”

“Yes,” Seokjin says, rolling onto his back and looking up at Namjoon. “I need a mask. Can you bring a few over here? They’re in the—”

“I know where they are, Hyung.” Namjoon says, and he kisses Seokjin’s forehead once more before getting off the bed. He heads to the medicine cabinet to grab a few face masks, and he brings them to Seokjin.

“It’s just the best way to make sure I don’t get Jinhee sick.” Seokjin says as he puts one on his face. “Don’t worry about us,” Seokjin says. “We’ll be okay.”

“I won’t worry too much,” Namjoon says, and he kisses Seokjin through the mask. “But I will be calling to check on you once I get the chance.”

“I love you.” Seokjin says as Namjoon gets off the bed to get ready for work.

“I love you, too, Hyung.” Namjoon says back.

Seokjin lies back on the bed, pulling the covers over himself.

 

Yoongi’s POV

    It never happens that Yoongi is the one to wake up to an empty bed. On most days, Yoongi makes Hoseok get up with him just because he doesn’t like not talking to the younger one before he has to go to work. However, there are a few times that Yoongi will let him rest, which means that Hoseok would wake up to an empty bed that day. It never happens to Yoongi, however, since Hoseok never has anywhere to be.

That’s why he’s confused when he wakes up this morning, and Hoseok isn’t there.

Instead of being lazy and taking his time, like he does every morning, Yoongi hops out of bed and begins looking around the house. He checks the bathroom and the living room. No Hoseok, but he does find the dogs who just look at him like he’s crazy. He then checks the studios and the kitchen, but he doesn’t find his husband anywhere.

His car isn’t in the garage which means that he’s not here. At all.

Yoongi rushes back to the bedroom to grab his phone to call the younger, but he sees that he has a few texts from Hoseok. They read: “Seokjin hyung isn’t feeling well, so I’m opening the café for him. I told you this morning when he called me, but I know you probably won’t remember since you were still half-asleep. So I’m texting you. Don’t worry! I’m fine.”

Yoongi sighs, and he rolls his eyes, relieved that Hoseok thought of texting him to let him know where he is. After reading those, however, he does vaguely remember Hoseok waking him up in the middle of the night to tell him something.

Although a little disappointed that means he won’t be able to pick on Hoseok this morning, Yoongi is pleased that his husband is such a loyal friend. Maybe something he learned from being with Yoongi for the past three years. Or maybe they were both always like that.

 

Taehyung’s POV

    Taehyung hasn’t spoken to Sungjae since he bailed on him last weekend to work things over with Jimin. Well, really, it’s more like Sungjae hasn’t spoken to him. Taehyung did say hi to him when they passed each other in the hall, but Sungjae just walked on by like he didn’t exist. Taehyung also sat at his usual table in drama filming class that they’re taking together, but Sungjae sat on the other side of the room when he came in.

Whatever. Taehyung doesn’t care. If he’s going to be like that because Taehyung didn’t want to study with him while he and Jimin had some problems to work over, Taehyung doesn’t care. He’d rather be on good terms with Jimin than stay friends with Sungjae anyway.

Today, they finally have that exam that they were supposed to be studying for together. Since he missed out on studying with Sungjae, Jimin had been helping him all week to prepare for the exam. Taehyung always appreciates the efforts because he knows that Jimin doesn’t understand anything about film, nor does he actually care to learn about it. Still, he’s always more than willing to help Taehyung out when he needs it.

Such a good boyfriend.

After taking the exam, Taehyung feels pretty confident that he passed it with ease. Study sessions with Jimin are always more useful and effective than sitting through boring hours of lectures or doing study exercises with Sungjae. Jimin just has this way of getting Taehyung to remember things, even when it’s something that Jimin isn’t even knowledgeable in.

After taking the exam, Taehyung goes the restroom to wash his face and try to wake up a little. Despite how ready he was for that exam, it sure took a lot out of him. Sitting in the exam room for two hours can sure be exhausting.

He turns the faucet on and lets the cold water run over his hands before he splashes himself in the face with it. It doesn’t do much in the way of making him feel more energized, really, but it does wake him up a little. He dries his face with the disposable towels, and, once he opens his eyes, he sees Sungjae standing behind him in the mirror.

A little startled, Taehyung jumps. He hadn’t even heard him come in here with him, so it’s a little scary to suddenly see him standing behind him like that. Taehyung turns around to say something, but Sungjae speaks before he even gets the chance.

“I’m sorry about ignoring you all week,” Sungjae tells him, rocking back on his heals with his hands in his pocket. “I hope you aren’t mad at me. And I hope that we can still be friends.”

Taehyung always knew that Jimin didn’t trust Sungjae, but he could never tell why. Sungjae never seemed that bad to Taehyung. Sure, he’s a little more clingy than the average person, and he doesn’t seem to have a sense of personal space. But he’s never made a move on Taehyung. It wasn’t until he admitted to trying to kiss Jimin that Taehyung stopped trusting this person he previously considered to be one of his friends.

“I actually think it’s better that we don’t.” Taehyung refuses. The last thing he wants is to get involved with Sungjae again and fall into the same circle of issues with Jimin. “Jimin still doesn’t trust you, and I don’t think—”

“So what? You think just because you’re dating your best friend now, that means that having other friends isn’t important?” Sungjae questions.

“I have other friends.” Taehyung assures him. “I just don’t think that I should keep friendships that’s bad for my relationship. Jimin comes first. He always has and always will.”

Sungjae sighs, and he leans up against one of the bathroom stalls. “I told you,” He says. “I don’t want to come between you and Jimin.”

“Then you should have no problem not being my friend anymore.” Taehyung tells him. “Jimin’s the one you like, so how is being my friend benefiting you if I can’t bring you around Jimin?”

“Because…Jimin’s not the one I like, Taehyung.” Sungjae says.

Taehyung is about to say something, but he only realizes what Sungjae just said when he realizes he doesn’t know what to say in return.

“What?” He settles for.

“I told you that I liked Jimin so that you would stop inviting me over and having him around.” Sungjae tells him. “But it’s not Jimin. It’s you.”

“Then why…”

“I thought by telling you that I liked Jimin, we could still be friends because Jimin would stop being so jealous when I’m around, thinking that it’s him that I like.” Sungjae says, and it sounds a lot to Taehyung like he was just wanting both of them to let their guard down. “But it ended up making you not want to see me at all.”

“So you want to date me?” Taehyung questions, having a hard time following all of this.

“I wish.” Sungjae says. “But since you care so much about Jimin, I would suffice with just being your friend. I’ve seen before that nothing can separate you two.”

Taehyung can’t deny how happy it makes him that other people can easily tell how inseparable he and Jimin are. They’re best friends, but it’s much more than that because they’re also partners. They’re partners, but it’s still much more than that because they’re also best friends. He and Jimin are literally each other’s everything.

“I’m sorry,” Taehyung says. “I can’t.”

It’s not even something that he has to discuss with Jimin. He already knows how Jimin would react if he told him the whole truth. That Sungjae actually does like Taehyung. And it’s not like he can continue being Sungjae’s friend without telling Jimin. That ended pretty badly for Jimin and Jungkook when Jimin wasn’t honest and open with Jungkook about everything, and Taehyung isn’t about to make the same mistake.

He turns to leave from the restroom, and he doesn’t look back.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        “If you agreed to this without getting paid for it, we’re going to have a talk.”

Hoseok smiles at the sound of his husband’s voice. Yoongi never comes to visit the cafe by himself now that Hoseok isn’t working there anymore, but Hoseok working this morning must have given his the opportunity.

“You’re crazy if you think Seokjin hyung would have let me agree to this without paying me for it.” Hoseok assures him, and he punches in Yoongi’s usual order of an Americano and he accepts the money from the elder. “I, however, demanded double-time for this, and he agreed.”

“You’re kidding.” Yoongi says, raising an eyebrow at Hoseok as the younger one turns to make the coffee.

“Nope.” Hoseok says. “So I’m getting paid twice as much as I would if I were a regular employee.”

“Too bad you don’t have your uniform anymore.” Yoongi notes. “You were cute in your little café uniform.”

Since Hoseok was called in on a last-minute and last resort notice, Seokjin assured him that he didn’t need to wear the uniform. Which is really helpful because Hoseok had already turned in the one he had when he did work here. So, instead of wearing the typical white shirt and black pants that all the other employees here wear, Hoseok is just wearing his normal clothes—something any other employee would normally get written up for.

“I’m sure you liked me better when I was out of it, and we were sneaking around in the employee restroom.” Hoseok says, recalling the earlier days when he and Yoongi had first met. They’ve changed a lot, but still not much at all.

The reminiscing smile that shows on Yoongi’s face is probably one of the cutest smiles Yoongi had ever seen on him. “Those were the good old days.” Yoongi says. “Why don’t you just come back to work here instead of going to your residential training?”

“You know, you don’t make any sense to me.” Hoseok says. “First you want me to quit the cafe. Then you’re encouraging me to go on this training program, and now you want me to give it up to work at the cafe again? Can you make up your mind?”

Yoongi shakes his head. “I want you to do whatever makes you happy.” He says. “You still have a month before the training starts, so you have time to think about it.”

“I’m at least going to give it a shot.” Hoseok says, and he leans over for a kiss. He’s been with Yoongi long enough to have completely forgotten about being professional and not smooching with his boyfriend while on the clock. “I never know what I want if I don’t at least try it once.”

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Only four hours had past since Namjoon went to work, and he had already called to check up on Seokjin and Jinhee three times. Seokjin assures that they’re fine. That they’ve been fine. And that they probably will be fine the next time he calls. Whatever. Panicky Namjoon is cute. He’s like that a lot more now that he’s a father, although he still tries to put if off like Seokjin is the only one with unreasonable worries.

Staying with Jinhee, even while being sick, isn’t actually all that bad. He never cries too much, and when he does, Seokjin just reads him stories until he falls asleep listening to Seokjin’s voice. Seokjin would eventually fall asleep on the couch, resting until Jinhee starts crying again. If Jinhee’s cries don’t wake Seokjin up, Latte will be sure to. She Seokjin in the face until he finally rises from the couch to go take care of his son.

Such a good dog, watching after Jinhee like that. She probably does it because she finds his crying to be annoying, and she knows that waking Seokjin is the only way to get him to stop, but she still makes sure that Seokjin is doing his job.

This time, as Seokjin gives Jinhee his bottle, he hears the front door to the house come open, but Latte doesn’t bark or anything, so Seokjin can only assume that it’s Namjoon. When he steps out into the living room, he sees his husband lining up his shoes at the entrance before stepping into the house.

“You didn’t tell me you were coming home for lunch.” Seokjin says, and Namjoon makes his way over to the elder. He takes their son from Seokjin’s sick hands, and he kisses Seokjin on the cheek.

“Sorry, I know you hate surprises, but I thought you would be okay with it this once.” Namjoon tells him.

Seokjin smiles, blushing a little. “Oh, I’m very okay with this.” He says.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Jimin had been looking forward to getting his grade back on his assignment this time. He actually followed all of the instructions this time, and did it exactly the way the professor had been trying to get him to do it since the class had started. He’s disappointed, however, to find that he still got a failing grade on the assignment.

Furious, Jimin stays after class to talk to his instructor about this. How can he still get a failing grade when he followed all of the instructions.

“What the hell?” Jimin demands, pointing to the grade posted in his e-mail. “I followed all of your stupid instructions, but you still—”

“You don’t seem to fully understand the process.” His instructor tells him. “I can tutor you if you’d like to learn some more, but it is going to cost you. The offer still stands.”

Jimin promised himself when he got kicked out of his dance class a few years ago, he promised himself that he wouldn’t be doing this anymore. It annoys him that this professor would even try to make that kind of a suggestion.

“ off,” Jimin says. “I don’t need this stupid class anyway.”

Jimin tries to leave, but, before he can even register what is happening, his instructor has him pinned against the wall, his wrists held above his head, and the instructors hand gliding up his thigh.

“You’ve already paid for the class, so you might as well do what you need to get an A.” He whispers in Jimin’s ear.

Everything happens so fast, Jimin doesn’t even have time to register what’s going on. At some point, however, he’s being jerked from the wall by a furious Taehyung, and Jimin just wants to disappear from the world.

Why did Taehyung randomly show up after class? Why did he have to come on today of all days? Was he going to blame Jimin for what was happening right there? Would he really thing that Jimin is easy to take advantage of?

“Taehyung, wait—”

Jimin whines as Taehyung pulls him from the room. His grip on Jimin’s wrist is so tight that it’s painful, but it’s an odd, secure feeling kind of painful. Something Jimin had never experienced before.

Taehyung stops and whirls around, but Jimin breaks down crying.

“I didn’t…” Jimin wishes he could explain what happened, but it’s hard to form coherent words beyond his sobs and tears.

Taehyung just takes him in a hug, and that’s all Jimin needs to be reassured that Taehyung isn’t angry with him. “I know,” Taehyung says, holding Jimin tightly, allowing the smaller one to cry into his chest. “Jiminie, I know.”

“I really didn’t let him do anything,” Jimin says after a while. “I didn’t let him touch me. Ever.”

“I believe you,” Taehyung says.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        At the end of the day, Yoongi has himself all caught up on everything that needed to be done that week. Jihoon ended up not showing up at all today, but Yoongi doesn’t really care because he at least called to let Yoongi know that he wouldn’t be there. He said something about Jungkook wanting the day off and wanting Jihoon to stay home with him. So that probably means that Jungkook won’t be at dance class later on tonight, so Yoongi isn’t really looking forward to Hoseok coming home and complaining about one of the main dancers skipping out on class.

Yoongi pulls into the garage, and Hoseok’s car is already there. He probably didn’t stay the entire shift, one of the evening managers probably having come in early to relieve him since he shouldn’t even be there.

“Did you have a good day?” Hoseok’s voice chimes as Yoongi enters their house, speaking over the dogs barking at Yoongi. Not the protective angry type of bark that they do when people they don’t know or like come over, but the excited type of bark like they’re happy that Yoongi is finally home.

“Mostly,” Yoongi says once the dogs shut up. He sets his bag down on the coffee table and plops on the couch. “Jihoon didn’t show up today. He stayed home with Jungkook because the kid wanted a day off.”

Upon hearing the news, Hoseok juts his hip out and crosses his arms in irritation. Yoongi almost feels bad for thinking he looks hot, even when things aren’t going his way. First he get called to open the cafe for Seokjin when he doesn’t even work there, and then one of his best dancers is probably going to be skipping his dance class.

“So what? He’s not coming to class?” Hoseok asks.

“I don’t know.” Yoongi pats the cushion next to him. He means for Hoseok to come and sit next to him, but Pistachio takes it as his invitation to jump up onto the couch. “Not you.” Yoongi says, grabbing the dog and moving him over to the other side. Once Pistachio is settled on Yoongi’s opposite side, Hoseok comes to join him on the couch. “But you should try to be understanding if he doesn’t. He’s got somewhere to be everyday of the week, so it’s only natural for him to want a day off.”

“Yeah, but why couldn’t he skip work tomorrow or something and give Seokjin hyung a hard time?” Hoseok whines as he leans onto Yoongi. “He doesn’t have to skip my class.”

Yoongi brushes Hoseok’s hair back, and the younger one sighs and relaxes more into Yoongi. Hoseok has always been a fan of people messing with his hair. It’s the easiest way to get him to relax and not worry about things he has no control over.

“Just think,” Yoongi says. “He’s a good dancer, so it’ll be easy for him to catch up.”

“I have half a mind to cancel class today.” Hoseok says.

“Don’t.” Yoongi tells him.

“Why not? You don’t want to spend the whole evening with me?”

“I’d love to spend the whole evening with you, Babe,” Yoongi says, “But you’d ruin Jungkook’s satisfaction of skipping class if you cancelled just because he’s not going to be there.”

“Call me Babe one more time, and I think I’ll be motivated enough to get ready for class.” Hoseok says. He wraps his arms around Yoongi’s waist, snuggling more into Yoongi’s chest, so Yoongi doesn’t really believe those words.

“Babe,” Yoongi simply repeats the cute pet name, and Hoseok’s hold around Yoongi tightens. “Go get ready for dance class, and I’ll be here when you get back.”

Finally, Hoseok pushes himself up from Yoongi’s chest. “I really like it when you call me Babe.” He says. “Or Baby.” He adds as he gets up off of the couch and heads to their bedroom.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        “Are you going to dance class tonight?” Jihoon joins Jungkook in the living room, a couple of Sprites in his hand. He gives one to Jungkook as he plops down on the couch with his boyfriend.

“Probably not.” Jungkook says. “We’re just going over what we did last week, so I can just borrow the studio later to practice.”

“Hoseok hyung might not be too happy about that,” Jihoon says. “But whatever. It’s up to you.”

Jungkook doesn’t say anything response as he opens his sprite up and takes a drink of it. He had been thinking a lot about the upcoming break that they’ll be getting at the beginning of next month, and meeting Jihoon’s family. The rest of his family.

“Hyung,” Jungkook says. He doesn’t want Jihoon to know that he’s worried about his family not liking him. It’s just something he’s been thinking about these days because he knows what it’s like to not be liked by the other family. After all, Jimin’s parents hated Jungkook when they were together.

He got lucky with Jihoon because his parents love Jungkook. The rest of the family, however, he might not get so lucky with.

“Jeon.” Jihoon says when Jungkook doesn’t say anything else. “Something bothering you?”

Jungkook quickly shakes his head. “Not really,” He says. “I’m just wondering what your dad told your relatives. About us. About me.”

There. That doesn’t sound so bad.

He hears Jihoon take in a breath and let it out. “Nothing really.” Jihoon tells him. “He said that I’m engaged to be married, and I’ll be bringing my fiancé down to spend the break with me.”

“So they don’t know that I’m a guy?” Jungkook asks.

Jihoon shakes his head. “Should I have my dad tell them?” Jihoon asks. The way his voice goes soft at the end, Jungkook can tell that he’s worried about it now. Jungkook didn’t intend on making Jihoon worry about it. “Don’t you think it’ll be too much of a shock if I just bring you down there without explaining that my fiancé is a guy?”

“Hyung.”

“I know that your family is more accepting,” Jihoon says. “But you have to understand that mine isn’t. They say mean and offensive things about gay people all the time without realizing that I’m a person being offended by it.”

“Jihoon hyung.”

“I’m going to have him tell them.” Jihoon says, and he pulls out his phone to either text or call his father—Jungkook doesn’t know.

“Hyung.” Jungkook says once more, grabbing the phone from Jihoon’s hand. “I think it’s better that they don’t know before hand.”

He didn’t mean to make Jihoon panic over this whole thing.

“Why?” Jihoon asks, not even trying to get his phone back.

“Because they won’t know how to react if we just spring it on them all of a sudden.” Jungkook says. “If we tell them before hand, they’ll have time to think of all kinds of things to say to us. Or about us.” Really, Jungkook doesn’t know which one is the better option. He can only hope this is the way to go. “We have the advantage if they’re surprised.”

Jihoon smiles, and Jungkook takes that as a good sign. Maybe he agrees. “I don’t even know what I’m worried about.” Jihoon says. “There’s no way my family can dislike you. You already fit in.”

“I hope that’s a compliment.” Jungkook says.

“It is.” Jihoon assures him, and he leans in for a kiss.

Now Jungkook doesn’t even know what he was worried about either. Somehow talking to Jihoon always makes his worries go away, even if they don’t really talk about his worries. It all works out in the end.

 

Jimin’s POV

        After everything that’s happened today, Jimin wants nothing more than to spend the rest of the evening with his boyfriend. It’s why he’s skipping dance class for the evening. He knows that Hoseok will be extra hard on him next week for it, but he doesn’t care. He’d rather put up with it next week. He just needs Taehyung right now.

“Why did you come to my class today?” Jimin asks, accepting the warm cup of cocoa that Taehyung brings to him.

Taehyung shrugs, joining Jimin on the couch. “You always seemed to be bothered by something when you came home from class.” He tells Jimin. “I figured I could brighten your day by showing up.”

Sometimes it’s a little overwhelming how much Taehyung cares about Jimin. He’s always paying attention to him and making sure he’s happy. He always goes above and beyond to make sure that Jimin knows that he’s loved. Jimin has never felt so undeserving of anyone before, but Taehyung is just too much. Jimin knows that Taehyung works the hardest in this relationship. There’s no doubt about that in his mind.

Jimin grips the Snoopy mug that Taehyung chose for him, and he stares at the mess of whipped cream on the top as his vision goes blurry. He hates himself for not having told Taehyung about this sooner.

“I wanted to tell you, you know.” Jimin says, tears streaming down his face. “I tried to tell you, but…I was scared.”

Surely Taehyung has to remember their conversation earlier that week when Jimin was telling him that he was considering dropping the class. He was tired of going, and he felt uncomfortable with the professor.

“Why?” Taehyung asks. He carefully takes the mug from Jimin and sets it down on the coffee table. he then tugs Jimin toward him so that he turns to face him fully. “Why were you scared to tell me what was going on?”

“Because I didn’t want you to blame me.” Jimin says, not looking in Taehyung’s eyes. “I didn’t…Taehyung, I really didn’t do anything. I never let him touch me. I didn’t want him to, but—”

“Park Jimin,” Taehyung says. The name comes out gentle from Taehyung’s mouth—not demanding or harsh at all. “I would never blame you, and you better not even think that you are at fault at all. You were the victim, and it’d be stupid and cruel for you to blame yourself.”

Taehyung could always work on a better choice of words, but the ones that he chose this time are good enough for Jimin. They make him feel better and more loved because he knows what Taehyung means. He knows exactly what he means.

“And—look at me,” Taehyung says. He gently grabs Jimin’s chin and turns his face so that he’s facing Taehyung, and Jimin looks to meet his eyes. “If something like this ever happens again, I want you to tell me about it immediately. Don’t be scared that I’m going to blame you. Just trust me to take care of you.”

“I don’t need you to protect me.” Jimin says, pushing Taehyung away.

“No,” Taehyung agrees, keeping Jimin close. “But you do need me to reassure you. You deserve to know that you’re loved for so many things more than your body, and that’s what I’m here for. To make sure that you know you’re loved.”

Jimin smiles. “You know…I do know that.” He says. “Thanks to you.”

“If anyone was to love you for any part of your body, though…” Taehyung says as he rolls on top of Jimin. He settles himself with his thighs on either side of Jimin’s body, pinning the smaller one on the couch. “It would have to be your lips, but I assume you’d be okay with that since you like kissing so much.”

Taehyung leans forward so that his and Jimin’s lips are dangerously close, and Jimin really wants to close the distance, but Taehyung grabs a hold of his hair to stop him. Jimin winces, and only then does Taehyung kiss him, almost apologetically.

“I do love kissing.” Jimin says when his lips are free.

“But only with me, right?” Taehyung questions, an eyebrow raised.

Jimin smiles, and he leans up for one more kiss. “Yes.” Jimin says in agreement. “Only with you, Kim Taehyung.”