Coffee Love #10 (JiTae / JungHoon)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #10 - Shopping
Word Count: 3,195

Date in Chapter: 2016 December 3

Note: Next chapter is Seokjin’s birthday, so look forward to that! Check out our JungHoon bonus chapter and JiTae chapter (my trashy …) if you missed it on our tumblr!

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Yoongi smiles to himself when he slowly stirs from his sleep—his eyes opening to a sleeping Hoseok and their two puppies curled up between them. Although this had become a natural thing for Yoongi, there are a few times that he still can’t believe where he is right now. He and Hoseok are going onto their third year together, and, if you asked Yoongi even five years ago where he saw himself being today, this would not have been his answer. He would have said something along the lines of being uncommitted. Not caring to find that one person who can change him as much as Hoseok has over the years they’ve been together. Focusing on his company while still finding random people for a fix when he needs it the most.

But here he is. In bed with his husband and their two dogs. Smiling like an idiot because, sometimes, he still can’t believe someone like Hoseok ever put up with his long enough to bring them here.

Yoongi doesn’t even think to stop smiling when Hoseok stirs from his sleep as well, and he smiles back at Yoongi. “What are you smiling about?” He asks, only smiling wider.

“I’m happy,” Yoongi tells him. “Since when do I need a reason to smile?”

Hoseok’s sigh stirs the dogs from their sleep as well, and they both scoot closer to Yoongi to him in the face. Yoongi pushes them both away, wondering why they always choose him over Hoseok. Hoseok is the one who is home with them the most.

“You don’t.” Hoseok says. He pushes himself up and leans over the dogs so that he can give Yoongi a kiss. “I just like hearing that I’m your reason for smiling.”

“Well, you’re reason number one.” Yoongi says.

He didn’t really think much about it, but Namjoon tells him that he never smiled much before. With Hoseok, though, it’s impossible to go a day without smiling.

“I’m glad to hear it, but you better get up and order some breakfast,” Hoseok tells him. “Because we’ve got to take reasons number two and three to meet Jimin and Taehyung at the dog park today.”

That’s right. Jimin and Taehyung have been wanting to socialize their dog more, and they’ve been meaning to make it a weekly thing, but no one really ever has the time to help them out. They finally asked Yoongi and Hoseok if they’d like to meet them at the dog park, and this is their third time they’ve agreed to meet them. Hoseok insists they just make it a weekly thing so that Bean and Pistachio get more interactions with people and other dogs, and so that maybe Pistachio can get to like people a little more.

Yoongi gets out of bed, and he puts some clothes on before grabbing his phone and joining Hoseok on the couch in the living room. “What do you want?” He asks the younger one.

Hoseok smiles at Yoongi, and, over the years, Yoongi had learned the meaning to every one of Hoseok’s smiles. This particular one means that he’s about to say something that he knows is something that Yoongi probably won’t like.

“I asked Jimin and Taehyung if they wanted to meet for breakfast,” Hoseok says. “And they agreed. Well, Jimin agreed since he still has to get Taehyung up, but we’ll be meeting at the dog park and having breakfast there.”

“And I’m buying breakfast for everyone?” Yoongi questions, raising his eyebrows at Hoseok.

“Like you’d have any trouble doing it,” Hoseok says, lightly punching Yoongi in the chest, and Yoongi acts like it hurts more than it did. It didn’t hurt at all, but he grips his chest and coughs, enjoying the laughter that it brings from Hoseok. “Stop,” Hoseok whines, nudging Yoongi. “I didn’t hit you that hard!”

“All right,” Yoongi gives in. “I’ll buy breakfast, but you still have to decide what we eat.”

He watches Hoseok pull his phone back up, probably to text Jimin and ask him what they want to eat. “Hoseok,” Yoongi says, pulling the phone from Hoseok’s hands. “If you ask Jimin, he’s going to say pancakes because it’s all Taehyung eats in the morning. I want you to choose.”

“Then I choose pancakes,” Hoseok says, smiling at Yoongi.

“You’re impossible.” Yoongi says, rolling his eyes.

Hoseok leans back on the couch and nudges Yoongi’s shoulder with his foot. “Go get dressed. We have to leave soon.” Hoseok says, pushing Yoongi.

Yoongi finally stand,s and he pulls Hoseok up off the couch as well. “Says you who’s not even dressed yet either.” Yoongi says, fingers curling around Hoseok’s hips.

Hoseok’s breath hitches when Yoongi nips at his collarbones, and he shoves Yoongi off of him with a whine. “Hyung, we don’t have time for that.” His complaints are so cute that it makes Yoongi not want to stop, but he knows that he must if they are ever going to meet Jimin and Taehyung like they are supposed to.

“Then go put something appropriate on, and I won’t feel so tempted.” Yoongi says, smacking Hoseok’s when the younger one walks in front of him.

“Is there anything you won’t find attractive on me?” Hoseok asks as he walks to the bedroom.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        “Jihoonie hyung.”

“Hyung.”

Jihoon stirs from his sleep, Jungkook shaking him awake, excited about something. He’s greeted by the younger’s smiling face when he opens his eyes. “What?” Jihoon asks, only slightly irritated because he was tired and still sleeping when Jungkook decided to wake him up.

“Our neighbors have puppies.” Jungkook says, smiling wide. “Like, their dog, I mean. She had puppies.”

Jihoon sighs, and he rolls onto his back. Jungkook places one of his hands on Jihoon’s stomach, and Jihoon takes Jungkook’s other hand into his own, intertwining their fingers. “Yeah?” Jihoon asks. “And you’re telling me this because…?”

Jungkook pouts, and he lies down next to Jihoon. “Because I want one.” Jungkook says, nuzzling closer to the smaller one.

Jihoon is well aware of how much Jungkook wants a dog, and Jihoon wouldn’t even mind having one either. The thing is, they don’t have time for a dog. “And how do you propose we take care of it?” Jihoon asks, brushing Jungkook’s bangs out of his face where they had fallen. “We’re gone all day, and you work in the evenings, and you have dance class on Fridays. I spend a lot of my nights in the studio, and—”

“But…Taetae hyung and Jimin hyung have Pixie…and they both work all day and everything…” Jungkook points out.

“And they can also afford for someone to take care of her when they can’t.” Jihoon points out. “We don’t have that kind of money.”

Jihoon hates that he can’t always give Jungkook what he wants. He’s cute even when he’s upset, but Jihoon hates seeing him like that. He just wants Jungkook to always be happy, and he wants him to have everything he wants.

“Fine,” Jungkook says, his smile falling. “We don’t have to get a dog.”

“Maybe when we have more time for it,” Jihoon says. “But we really can’t afford it right now.”

When Jungkook smiles again, it’s a fake smile, Jihoon knows. “What about a cat?” He suggests.

At home, Jihoon has a lot of cats and dogs, so he knows what goes into taking care of both of the animals. “A cat we might actually be able to do.” Jihoon says. “They don’t really require as much attention and work.”

“So we can get one?” Jungkook asks, his smile becoming more genuine.

“We’ll talk about it.” Jihoon promises.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        With their busy schedules, Pixie doesn’t really get the proper amount of exercise that she needs, and she doesn’t get as socialized as she probably should. That’s why Taehyung suggested taking her to the dog park at least once a week, more times if their schedules allow for it. Since most of their friends have dogs, too, Taehyung thought of asking them to socialize their dogs together. That’s why he and Jimin meet Yoongi and Hoseok at the park today, along with their dogs.

“I told you we could have taken our time.” Yoongi says when Jimin and Taehyung finally show up, Pixie on her lead. “These two weren’t going to join us before getting their fooling around done.”

Hoseok hands Jimin and Taehyung both a togo plate as they sit, and Taehyung unhooks Pixie from her lead. The dog park is never really busy around the winter months, so it’s always the perfect time to visit.

“We didn’t.” Jimin says, and Taehyung bites his lip in a failed attempt to hold back a smile. “It’s just impossible to get Taehyung out—”

“Jimin. Jimin.” Hoseok cuts him off. “Do you see Taehyung’s face? He gave you away, okay?”

Jimin elbows Taehyung in the ribs when he sees the younger trying to bit back his smile. “I didn’t,” Taehyung insists. “I’m just excited that you got us pancakes.”

“Sure you’re excited,” Yoongi says, knowingly. “Because you worked up an appetite before coming here. Much like our dogs are doing right now.” He says, and he points behind Taehyung.

Taehyung turns around to find Pistachio on top of Pixie. “Oh my god, no.” Taehyung says, jumping up from the table. He accidentally hits Jimin with his knee as he gets up, and the smaller one yelps at the pain. “. I’m sorry.” Taehyung says, rubbing Jimin’s side where he had hit them before running over to the dogs. He shoves Pistachio off of her, and he picks Pixie up before returning to the table. “I’m really sorry.” He says to Jimin, lifting up his shirt to see if he left a mark. “Did I hurt you?”

“Taehyung, I’m fine.” Jimin whines, pulling his shirt back down and his cheeks turning that cute shade of pink they do when he’s a little embarrassed.

“I’m just saying, they did that last week, too, and you didn’t even notice.” Yoongi tells him.

“And you didn’t say anything?” Taehyung asks. He makes Pixie stand on two legs so that he can get a good look at her stomach. “I swear to god…she better not get pregnant from your dog.”

“If you didn’t want her to get pregnant, you should have gotten her fixed.” Yoongi says.

“It’s not that I didn’t want her pregnant, but she’s only a year old.” Taehyung complains. “I wanted to wait until she got older.”

Jimin takes their dog from Taehyung’s hand and he kisses Taehyung on his shoulder. “Well, if she’s pregnant, Sweetie, there’s nothing we can do about it now.” He says, and he sets her on the ground. “We had our fun, now let the dogs have theirs.”

“Fine,” Taehyung says, kissing Jimin’s temple. “But if she has puppies, we’re keeping one of them.”

“Deal.” Jimin agrees easily, and he shoves a handful of his own pancakes into Taehyung’s mouth.

“They’re cute, aren’t they?” Hoseok asks, nudging Yoongi.

“Almost sickeningly so.” Yoongi agrees.

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Since Taehyung and Jimin are having a day at the dog park with Hoseok and Yoongi, Jungkook thought it would be a great idea if he and Jihoon have a bonding day with Namjoon and Seokjin. Jungkook is fairly close with Seokjin, working at the cafe, but he hardly gets a chance to talk to Namjoon. And Jihoon is only close with Seokjin because he spends time at the cafe, too, while Jungkook is working.

“So…Jihoon hyung and I are thinking about getting a cat.” Jungkook says, holding onto some of the clothes Jihoon had picked out. Namjoon and Jihoon both like shopping, so they decided to spend their bonding day at the mall, and Jungkook ends up carrying all of Jihoon’s things while the smaller one shops. “I really want a dog, but Jihoon hyung says that we don’t have time for it.”

“Well, considering you are a lot more busy now than when you were puppy sitting Latte,” Seokjin says, sitting on a bench while he watches Namjoon run off to help Jihoon pick out some shoes. “I have to agree with him. Dogs take a lot of work.”

“Yeah, but…” Jungkook drops down on the bench next to Seokjin, resting his head on the elder’s shoulder. “Like, I want a dog way more than I want a cat. Isn’t there a way we can get a dog?”

Jungkook is supposed to be growing up. He’s an adult now, but Seokjin still finds that hard to believe sometimes. He’s just so cute and childlike most of the time. “You can quit your job at the cafe,” Seokjin suggests.

“I don’t want to.” Jungkook refuses, and it makes Seokjin feel good that he said it so easily and honestly. “Besides, we’d still have to find something to do with it in the morning.”

“So…”

“I know.” Jungkook says. “Maybe when I’m done with school and things, we can get a dog.”

That conversation kind of dies there until Jihoon skips up to Jungkook, opening a box of shoes to show the younger one. “Do you like these?” He asks.

“Look. He says we need to save our money, and then he wants to buy all of this crap,” Jungkook says to Seokjin, but Seokjin takes note of the fondness in his voice as he says it. He looks at the shoes Jihoon is showing him, and he nods. “Those are good, but…are they girl’s shoes?”

“So what?” Jihoon asks, slamming the box lid. “I already own a few pair of girl’s shoes, and you don’t say anything about them.”

Jungkook smiles. “Smol, I’m not teasing you,” Jungkook says. “I just want to know. You’re a designer, so I think I should know the basics of the difference between men’s fashion and women’s fashion.”

“Oh.” Jihoon says. “Yeah, they’re girl shoes.”

He sets the box down next to Jungkook, and he tries to skip off, but Jungkook quickly grabs his wrist. “Wait a second,” He says, reaching for Jihoon’s other hand. When Jungkook holds it up, Seokjin takes notice of something he hadn’t before—an engagement ring. “We didn’t tell you guys yet, but Jihoon hyung and I are engaged now.”

That, Seokjin didn’t really see coming. Of course, Seokjin knows that Jungkook is really ambitious, and he looks forward to the future a lot, but he never thought that Jungkook would propose to Jihoon so soon. Even then, it makes sense. The two were practically made for each other. “That’s great,” Seokjin says, smiling. “Have you started planning anything yet?”

Jungkook shakes his head. “Not yet.”

“Even though we’re engaged, we’re not in a hurry to actually get married.” Jihoon says, putting his forehead to Jungkook’s cheek. “We just know that we’re ready to take our relationship seriously.”

“Well, I think you both know what you want,” Seokjin says. “So I’m happy for you.”

 

Jimin’s POV

        After the trip to the dog park, Jimin asked Taehyung to go grocery shopping with him. Taehyung never joins Jimin on anything domestic like grocery shopping or trips to the laundromat when their washing machine broke over the summer. Jimin loves it when he does because Taehyung makes ordinary things like that seem like an adventure. Really, Taehyung has this amazing ability to make anything fun.

“What do we need?” Taehyung asks as he pushes the cart for Jimin. Another reason Jimin likes Taehyung coming along is because he’ll push the cart. Jimin hates pushing the cart.

“We need more cereal because you ate it all,” Jimin says, not really sure when Taehyung finds time to consume all of their cereal around the mountains of pancakes and unhealthy number of Burger King burgers he eats. “And whatever you want to eat for dinner tonight and tomorrow.”

“Okay,” Taehyung says, following along behinds Jimin. “We can get this done faster if we split up and look for things.” Taehyung suggests, but Jimin knows that’s not true. If Taehyung goes off on his own, they’ll never be done. “So you start on one side, and we’ll meet in the middle.”

Jimin glares at him. “Is this just your way of getting away from me so that you can pick up whatever you want?” Jimin asks.

“That might have something to do with it.” Taehyung says as he walks away.

“Hey! Kim Taehyung!” Jimin calls after the other, but Taehyung runs off leaving Jimin behind. Without a cart. Or even a basket.

Oh well. He didn’t come here to get that many things anyway.

Jimin starts on the opposite side of the store, working his way to the center where he’ll meet Taehyung. Of course, since Jimin’s only getting a few things, he gets past the middle before Taehyung ever meets him. He’s in the baking section, trying to get a bag of flour from the top shelf before he ever sees Taehyung again. It’s too high. Grocery stores are really good about having those freaking high shelves. Jimin, hating to ask anyone for help with things on the top shelf, attempts to climb up and get the bag of flower himself.

He loses his footing as he reaches up, and he starts to fall, but a pair of strong arms catch him. It’s Taehyung, he knows, but he doesn’t manage to save the eggs that he was holding, and they all bust on the floor. “Dammit.” Jimin says, turning around to see the damage he’s done.

“Are you okay?” Taehyung asks, helping Jimin steady himself.

“I don’t think I would be if you weren’t here.” Jimin says.

Taehyung smiles, and he kisses Jimin’s forehead. “Don’t be afraid to ask for help.” Taehyung says. “Let’s go get some more eggs and check out before anyone notices.”

Jimin nods, and he follows Taehyung back to the dairy section. He takes notice of the items that Taehyung has in the cart. “Do we need so many breads and cakes?” Jimin asks, picking up the various baked goods that Taehyung had picked out.

“They’re seasonal.” Taehyung says, slapping Jimin’s hands away. “We only get them once a year.”

 

Jungkook’s POV

        After spending the day out with Namjoon and Seokjin, Jungkook and Jihoon return to their own apartment for the evening. Jungkook sits on the couch, pulling his fiancé to sit down with him. “At least our friends understand,” Jungkook says, still a little hurt that his brother isn’t exactly on board with the whole idea of him and Jihoon being engaged.

Jihoon smiles and leans back into Jungkook’s chest. He tilts his head back so that the younger one can kiss him. “One day Rome hyung will understand, too.” Jihoon says. He sounds so comfortable and content that it warms Jungkook’s heart. “For now, let’s go shower and head off to bed. I’m quite tired after our long day.”

Jungkook rolls his eyes as Jihoon pulls him off of the couch. “It’s only eight o’clock, Grandpa.” Jungkook teases him.

“I just said we were going to bed.” Jihoon points out. “I never said anything about sleeping.”