Coffee Love #19 (JiTae)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #19 - A Kiss Everyday
Word Count: 3,670

Date in Chapter: 2017 January 9

Note: Happens a few days after Coffee Love #18.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Back to school and back to the books means less free time in general. Now that Jihoon is getting ready to graduate this semester, Jungkook knows that means he’ll be spending extra time at Suga Styles and working on his senior project. It means that he’ll have less time to spend with Jungkook. When they first decided to live together, Jungkook was excited because he thought that meant that he’d be spending all of his time with Jihoon. That’s just not the reality of it.

This semester isn’t going to be any different from the last ones they spent as boyfriends. They’ll both be at class during the day with Jihoon spending all of his free hours at the company. Right when Jihoon arrives home in the evening, Jungkook is either going to work at the cafe or getting ready for dance class. By the time he gets home from either one of those, they’re both ready to pass out and start all over again.

As long as he and Jihoon don’t have any projects to work on, the weekends are a thing to look forward to.

“Jungkook,” The smaller one whispers, trying to shake Jungkook awake. Jihoon has probably already been awake for about an hour, having to go feed Marble when she starts bugging the piss out of them.

Like most mornings, Jungkook is already awake when Jihoon begins pestering him, but he pretends to remain sleeping. He does it because he thinks Jihoon is cute when he whines about Jungkook not wanting to get up.

“Jeon,” Jihoon says, patting Jungkook’s .

Without even opening his eyes, Jungkook can almost hear the smirk that quirks at Jihoon’s lips, and Jungkook already knows what’s coming. “Tol,” Jihoon says, his voice more demanding this time, and he tweaks Jungkook’s s with his fingers.

Sensitive, Jungkook squirms awake, and he fights Jihoon’s hands off of him. “Stop, Smol.” Jungkook whines. “I’m awake.”

“Yeah. Now.” Jihoon says, smiling, and he presses a kiss to Jungkook’s cheek. “It’s time to get ready. You know, if you don’t want to be late to class.”

“I think you’re worth it.” Jungkook says, rolling on top of Jihoon and kissing his nose.

“Hey,” Jihoon says, pushing Jungkook’s face away when he tries to kiss him again. “We’re not doing this again this year. I’m graduating, and you’ll be going into your senior year soon. We need to start being serious.”

Jungkook means to say but I am serious, but he bites back that response before it can leave his lips. He rolls off of Jihoon and steadies himself on the floor. “Why do you always have to be so…” Jungkook stops to think of a word. “Bossy?”

“Because I’m the hyung.” Jihoon says, matter-of-factly. “And someone has to keep you in line.”

Jungkook smiles, and he meets Jihoon’s lips with his own just as the elder sits up in bed. “Well, no one does quite as good of a job of it as you.” Jungkook tells him.

Jihoon’s smile is cute and confident, and he slides off the bed, getting to his feet. “You’re a good dog.” Jihoon says. “You only listen to your master.”

Jungkook narrows his eyes at the elder as he slips his shirt over his head. “Oh. Am I your dog?” He asks, almost in a teasing tone.

Jihoon just nods, his cute smile not fading.

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t aware.” Jungkook says, and he steps closer to his fiancé, and he Jihoon’s cheek.

Jihoon shoves him away, wiping, with the back of his wrist, the spot that Jungkook had just . “You’re so gross, Kookie.” Jihoon whines. “Why do I even like you?”

“Because of my cute smile.” Jungkook chimes, grabbing Jihoon and pulling him over to the closet. He grabs out one of the fluffy sweaters that Jihoon owns, and he hands it to him. “You should wear this.”

“Why?” Jihoon asks, looking up at Jungkook.

“So you can be my little fluff ball.” Jungkook teases. “I like cuddling you when you’re wearing comfy things like this.”

“Tol, you like cuddling me anyway.” Jihoon says back, a fond smile on his lips. He puts the sweater on anyway. “There. Am I cute enough for you?” Jihoon asks, folding his arms over his chest, and pouting at Jungkook.

“So cute.” Jungkook says, and he presses his lips to Jihoon’s. He knows that Yoongi, Namjoon, Taehyung, and even Jihoon himself, will argue to say that their respective partner is the cutest person in the world, but Jungkook knows better. He knows that he has the cutest one. If only they knew. If only Jihoon knew how precious he was. “But you better put some pants on.” Jungkook notes. “I don’t want anyone else to see you looking this ing cute.”

 

Jimin’s POV

        “So you’re going to be home late tonight?” Taehyung asks.

The two are being lazy and lying in bed in the morning. Jimin still tired and exhausted from having stayed up late last night to finish up a report for his work. His eyes are half lidded, and it doesn’t help that Taehyung isn’t smiling brightly like he usually does. On mornings like this, Jimin looks forward to Taehyung’s smiling face because it gives him energy.

“Only by an hour.” Jimin assures him.

With the start of the new semester and new year, Jimin decided to take on an evening class to get extra credentials. It means that he’ll be spending less time at home, but not by much. Still, he knew that Taehyung wouldn’t be happy about it.

“What am I going to do all by myself for one whole hour?” Taehyung asks, over dramatic as always. Jimin finds it cute.

He laughs and lightly slaps Taehyung in the chest for just being the most adorable in the world. “You’ll figure it out. I’m sure.” Jimin says between his giggles as Taehyung forces a deep frown on his face. “Take Pixie for a run or something. That way you’ll be out of energy when I get home, and we can just cuddle.”

“And kiss?” Taehyung presumes, bringing his face teasingly close to Jimin’s only to pull back when Jimin tries to kiss him.

“Don’t tease me.” Jimin says with a pout.

Taehyung seems to feel bad about making Jimin pout, and Jimin almost think he’s going to get a kiss, but Taehyung just rolls over and gets off the bed. “We better hurry up and get ready if we don’t want to be late.” Taehyung tells him, and Jimin’s frown deepens.

He doesn’t get a kiss that morning.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        “Hyung.”

At the sound of Hoseok’s voice, Yoongi pulls the covers tighter around himself, and he snuggles in closer to his husband. The mornings are always the coldest. They’re so cold, in fact, that Yoongi doesn’t even want to wake up to get out of bed. He’d much rather stay in his warm cocoon of blankets than step out into the freezing morning air.

“It’s too cold.” Yoongi whines, burying his face in Hoseok’s chest. “Go turn the ing heat up and I’ll move.”

Without arguing, Hoseok moves to go do as Yoongi said. However, it gets cold the second he turns away, so Yoongi grabs onto him. “On second thought,” He says, keeping Hoseok right where he is. “It’s too cold for me to let you go.”

Hoseok sighs, but Yoongi hears a small giggle on it, and he nuzzles his nose into Yoongi’s hair. “I’m trading you in for someone else.” Hoseok tells him, but Yoongi can tell from the amount of affection in his voice that he’s not being serious. Even if he sounded serious, Yoongi would know that he wasn’t. “You’re too much work.”

“Whoever you traded me to would just give me right back.” Yoongi assures him, and he tilts his head back just enough to get a kiss from Hoseok. “They’d take me because I’m cute, but they wouldn’t be able to handle me. No one handles me like you do.”

“Considering not even Namjoon can put up with your ing for as long as I can,” Hoseok says, “I think you’re right. I’m the only one who can put up with you.”

Yoongi glares at him, pouting. “Don’t act like I’m the only one who’s difficult to deal with.” He snaps, not really annoyed, just looking to pick a playful argument because he likes it best when he and Hoseok are arguing without actually having anything real to argue about. “Like anyone else could put up with your high pitched squeals, seemingly endless energy, and that puppet dance thing you like to do so much.”

Hoseok’s smile only gets brighter, which Yoongi is surprised is possible sometimes. “Except your argument is flawed, Hyung.” Hoseok says. “I don’t want to do any of those things to anyone else, so that’s not something anyone but you would ever have to deal with.”

“Oh? So you’re just annoying as for me?” Yoongi asks, raising an eyebrow at the younger.

Hoseok nods. “Would you love me if I weren’t?” He asks.

“I would.” Yoongi says, pretty sure of himself. “Just…probably not as much.”

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Getting back to work after taking some time off to help Jinhee get settled in and just spend some time with the little one in general, the environment of the cafe feels a little different. Ever since Seokjin opened this place seven years ago, it has always been something a little like home to him. It’s where he wanted to be all the time. He would work from the early hours of five in the morning all the way up until the cafe closed at ten at night. As business grew and his coffees became more popular, more help was necessary, and he started hiring other people to work there. Still, it was like his home. A place that he always wanted to be.

Then he moved in with Namjoon, and that became another place like home. Seokjin had two homes then. With the addition of Jinhee, however, the cafe feels somewhat empty.

It’s only Seokjin’s first day of being back after Jinhee’s birth, and he already feels like he doesn’t want to be here. He’s had those kinds of feelings before, but not like this. It’s like he’s missing out on something. There are tons of wonderful moments with Jinhee to come, and Seokjin feels like, by being here the whole time, he’s going to miss out on all of that. Namjoon is going to be one the one staying home and spending time with the baby, and they are going to have the closest bond. Seokjin won’t be anything to them.

“How does it feel?” Eunji asks as she joins him in the front after clocking in for her shift. “Being back after all of the excitement of having a baby?”

Seokjin leans against the counter, looking at his friend. When her and Bomi had Kijung, she took a bit longer to get to work, but Seokjin has to be here to run this cafe. He’s sure that it would go down without him.

“I don’t know.” He says because he doesn’t know one word to explain his feelings right now. “When I first opened this place up, it was like my baby. I watched my dream become a reality when I finally got to the point that I could open up shop, and I watched it grow from a small, hometown cafe into one of the most popular coffee stops in this part of the city. With Namjoon, and now Jinhee, how I felt about this place is sort of changing.”

Eunji’s smile is a knowing one, and she ties her apron around her back. “Without this place, Oppa,” She says, “Namjoon and Jinhee wouldn’t be in your life right now. It pretty much made your family.”

Seokjin nods as he looks around. A lot has changed with the cafe over the years that Seokjin has had it open, but it probably saw the biggest change when Namjoon came into Seokjin’s life. The cafe became a much brighter place. Not only for Seokjin, but for everyone. With the newest addition to their family, Seokjin should just think about all the ways it’ll cause Whole Latte Love to change in the future. Maybe he’ll see his business grows as his family grows.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        Now that he’s a senior, he’s going to be spending a lot less time at school and a lot more time at Suga Styles. Since he’s mostly lacking his internship credits, he’s going to spending most of his day with Yoongi for college credit. Jihoon is actually looking forward to it because he likes Yoongi a lot more than any of the instructors in his school. Yeah, Yoongi might be a little mean sometimes, and he can say pretty harsh things, but Jihoon knows that it’s always because he cares. He can just tell. Besides, Jihoon’s skills have improved the most after becoming Yoongi’s apprentice.

“You’re actually on time.” Yoongi says, setting down his pen when Jihoon walks into the studio and sets his bag on the table. “I’m impressed.”

“Hey, I know how to tame Jungkook, okay?” Jihoon says back, sitting in the chair. He knows the reason Yoongi is ‘impressed’ is because he was thinking that Jihoon would be late thanks to Jungkook, but Jihoon took care of that.

“So you’re actually going to take your work seriously this year?” Yoongi asks.

Jihoon doesn’t know why, but he always finds it a little intimidating when the elder just sits at his drawing table and talks to him like that. He always sits so perfectly with his shoulders held high, and his back straight, hands folded nicely on the table. It always seems so ‘boss-like,’ and it’s a little intimidating, Jihoon would admit.

“I’ve always taken my work seriously.” Jihoon says, trying to keep any tone of irritation out of his voice. He knows that Yoongi is probably just testing him.

As if him just sitting in the chair, talking to him wasn’t intimidating enough, he just stares at Jihoon now. His eyes not shifting away from Jihoon’s face for even a second. “So you have,” He says, and he waves Jihoon over to him.

Curious, Jihoon walks to the drawing table, standing in front of it. Yoongi continues waving, signaling him to come behind the desk, so Jihoon does.

“What do you think about this design?” Yoongi asks.

“Wh-what?” Jihoon hesitates. In all the time that he’s been working with, or for, Yoongi, Yoongi has never asked him to comment on one of his designs before.

“What’s good about it? What’s bad about? What should I change?” Yoongi asks.

Initially, Jihoon doesn’t know how to respond. Mostly because he doesn’t know why Yoongi is asking. He could be seeing if Jihoon will point out his flaws despite being a much lower level than him. Then again, he could be seeing if Jihoon is bold enough to do such a thing. Knowing Yoongi, it’s probably the second option. As confident as he is in his work, he’s still a perfectionist, and he knows that it takes a lot to get something perfect.

“Well,” Jihoon says, thinking about it as he studies the design. It’s something for runway, obviously. It’s too gaudy to be something that anyone would wear to a causal event or in daily life. It’s a dress that seems to draw inspiration from the Victorian style dresses with a little bit of retro-touch to it—mostly shown in the way that Yoongi decided to color the fabric and how he did the sleeves and trim. For Jihoon, it’s hard to pick out something that is wrong with the design. It’s something Jihoon himself never would have thought of doing, but it looks nice. “I like the fabric selection.” Jihoon decides. “But I would make the colors contrast more. Like make all of the accents a color that pops out from the main dark purple that you have there.”

Yoongi nods. “And what color might you suggest? Orange?” Yoongi asks.

“Not orange.” Jihoon says, studying the drawing a little more. “Something that’s still similar, but just sticks out a little more than all the dark colors. A bright blue, maybe.”

“Thank you.” Yoongi says, setting that drawing to the side and pulling out his pencil. “Now get to work on your stuff, and I’ll see how this comes out with your suggestion.”

Hesitantly, Jihoon does as Yoongi says. He’s not really sure if he gave Yoongi the answer he was looking for or not, but he assumed he’d find out when Yoongi was done.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        Staying home alone with Jinhee isn’t anywhere near as hard as Namjoon thought it was going to be. He imagined Jinhee crying most of the time, but, in reality, the baby just sleeps most of the time. Even when he wake up, he doesn’t really cry a lot. He sniffles a little when he’s hungry, but it’s a little worse when he needs to be changed. Namjoon doesn’t know how, but Jinhee seems to have taken after Seokjin on wanting to be clean. He just finds it funny because he doesn’t share any blood with Seokjin, and he’s sure that the child is too young to pick up any influences from them yet, but he’s just like Seokjin in that respect.

No matter how easy it is to take care of the little one on his own, he’s more relieved when Seokjin returns home, much earlier than usual, because it’s just better when they’re both there to take care of him. “How did your day go?” Seokjin asks after he returns home. His keys are already hanging on the rack and his shoes are neatly left at the entrance.

“Not bad,” Namjoon says. “I think the hardest part was dealing with Latte’s jealousy.”

Jinhee is in his little rocker, sleeping peacefully, and Namjoon just loves seeing the way Seokjin smiles at their baby. “Don’t be forgetting about Latte now,” Seokjin warns him, patting the dog’s head as she’s already in arms reach of the couch where Seokjin is sitting.

“I’m not,” Namjoon assures him. “She’s just jealous that she has to share some of her attention.”

Seokjin moves closer to Namjoon and rests his head on Namjoon’s shoulder. “How do you feel about relocating?” He asks, taking Namjoon’s hand into his own and playing with Namjoon’s fingers.

“Relocating?” Namjoon questions, raising his eyebrows.

Seokjin nods. “Some of the businesses on my block are up on their lease, and they’re not renewing them.” Seokjin explains, and Namjoon sort of sees where this is going. “So how do you feel about moving Bangtan Records to the same building as Whole Latte Love? We could even open up a small record store there, and just have a Whole Latte businesses going on.”

Seokjin laughs at his own lame joke, and Namjoon finds himself doing the same. He can’t help but get every time Seokjin shows this ambitious side to himself. It started with a small cafe that expanded into a book store as well, and now he’s wanting to merge Namjoon’s business with it as well. “Let me think about that before I give you a for certain answer.” Namjoon says. It’s sort of a big decision to just make all of a sudden, but Namjoon can already think of a few reasons it would be good to relocate by Whole Latte Love. “But I’ll want to keep the name Bangtan Records for sure.”

“Deal.” Seokjin says, smiling.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Jimin blames Taehyung, but he hasn’t really been having that great of a day so far. He ran into so many crash reports at work, and he had spent the entire day debugging because the person who had done a specific part of the code in the first place didn’t follow the instructions from the previous. At break, he ended up dumping out all of the contents of his lunchbox onto the floor, resulting in him having to go to the Burger King right across the street to get something to eat there. And then some ran him off the road, forcing him to take a detour to class, causing him to be late on the very first day. How is it Taehyung’s fault? He didn’t give Jimin a kiss this morning, so it’s all his fault.

Jimin already thinks his instructor for his evening class is a little creepy because he had been asking Jimin about dance class and if this class is going to get in the way of his dance lessons. Apparently he’s a fan of Jimin’s and the J-Hopeful dance crew in general. It’s nice, but Jimin isn’t really used to meeting fans in person, unless at events, and it’s even a little weirder that this one happens to be his instructor.

When he walks through the door of the apartment, he has every intention on ing at Taehyung and blaming his stressful day on him, but he forgets about all of that when Taehyung stomps up to him and steals his lips in a deep kiss. He leans over Jimin, deepening the kiss more, and, just like that, all of Jimin’s frustrations and angers from the day wash right away.

“What was that for?” Jimin asks, panting when Taehyung pulls away.

“Not kissing you this morning,” Taehyung tells him. “We made a promise to kiss at least once every day, and I just wanted to make sure I got it in there before I forgot.”

Jimin smiles, glad that Taehyung still remembers that promise. Of course, it’s only been a few days, and Jimin wonders if he’ll still remember months from now. “I wouldn’t let you forget.” Jimin assures him.

“I know,” Taehyung says, and he kisses Jimin again. “But I just wanted to let you know that I remembered.”