Coffee Love #42

Coffee Love 4

 

Coffee Love #42 - Admitting Fault
Word Count: 3,726

Date in Chapter: 2017 June 23

Note: This chapter takes place the Friday after Coffee Love #41. A little drama breaks out between Jimin and Jungkook. Warning for violence—very mild violence, but it’s still there, so a little warning for it.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Getting himself out of bed everyday to go to work hadn’t exactly been difficult, but Jungkook never wakes up in as good of a mood as he had when Jihoon was there. Instead of waking up to Jihoon’s constant bantering to get him out of bed, he wakes up with his face buried in the giant teddy bear that Jihoon had gotten for him before he left. It’s no where near as warm as Jihoon, and it certainly doesn’t look at him with that same adorable, yet annoyed look that Jihoon always gives to him when he asks to sleep for just a few more minutes. Basically, the size is the only thing that Jungkook can compare to Jihoon when it comes to giant stuffed bear. It might be just as tall as Jihoon, but it’s actually fatter than Jihoon—which makes it a little bigger than him.

Jungkook sighs, pushing the large plush away from himself, and he forces himself out of bed. It’s a Friday, so he doesn’t have to go to the cafe for work today, but he did make plans to have lunch with Hoseok this afternoon. It was actually Hoseok who came up with the idea, suggesting it so that Jungkook doesn’t have to be alone for the whole day while Jihoon is in Paris. So far, Jungkook hadn’t had a whole day to himself, and, for that, he is thankful. He loves that his hyungs look out for him like that.

When he looks at the clock again, it’s already eleven o’clock, so he only has around thirty minutes to get himself ready to go meet Hoseok. Since Jungkook is the sort who cares a lot about his appearance and such, it would normally take him longer than that to get ready for something, but he’s also not the sort to keep someone waiting on him. He does a quick brush of his teeth and and sprays himself with some cologne before putting on his standard outfit of jeans and a t-shirt. He doesn’t do anything with his hair because he doesn’t have time to, but he knows that it looks like , so he throws a cap on to cover it up.

Compared to Hoseok, Jungkook feels like he’s a failure to his designer fiance. When Jungkook arrives, Hoseok is wearing a black shirt with a light-weight jacket. Unlike Jungkook’s ratty jeans, Hoseok is wearing nice jeans, and he leans against the wall of the cafe, looking at Jungkook. Somehow sunglasses make him look way cooler than he actually is, but maybe they have that effect on everyone. “Well, don’t you look cute?” Hoseok says, standing from the wall and walking to meet Jungkook.

“Shut the up,” Jungkook grumbles back, looking down at his outfit. “Jihoon hyung would never let me out of the house like this.”

A laugh escapes Hoseok as he opens the door and hold it for Jungkook to go through. “Really, this is a good look on you.” Hoseok says. “Something about it just screams Jeon Jungkook.”

“I mean, it used to be the only thing I ever wore, but Jihoon hyung doesn’t like it.” Jungkook tells him, walking straight to the counter where Seokjin already has their coffee orders punched in. Since Hoseok is older, and he’s a good hyung, he’s the one paying for them today—though it’s honestly probably Yoongi’s money that he’s spending. “He thinks I have horrible sense of fashion.”

Hoseok laughs again, shelling his money out to Seokjin. “Well, I do have to say that your fashion sense has improved since you started dating Jihoon.” Hoseok says. “In fact, I don’t really think it improved. I think you always knew what looked good, you just never cared enough to try most of the time.”

With a sigh, a fond smile spreads on Jungkook’s face. “Isn’t it funny how certain people can do those things to us?” He asks as he takes his seat at the counter to wait on Seokjin to finish up their drinks.

Hoseok takes the seat next to him, and he pats Jungkook on the knee. “I think you know you’ve found the person you’re meant to be with when you find yourself wanting to be better for him.” Hoseok assures him.

Seokjin, although not really a part of the conversation, scoffs from where he’s putting some whipped topping on Hoseok’s drink. “And in what ways has Yoongi made you a better person?” Seokjin asks, turning around to face his best friend. He sets the two drinks on the counter, and Jungkook takes his immediately. It’s been too long since he’s been here as a customer. “From what I’ve observed, I think being with him made you into an .”

“Ha.” Hoseok says, rolling his eyes. “I’ve always been an , Hyung. I’ve just mastered the art thanks to my husband.”

Jungkook knew Hoseok before he ever met Yoongi, and he’s seen Hoseok and Yoongi’s relationship become what it is today. He was there through the whole thing. He was able to see Hoseok change thanks to Yoongi, and he was able to see Yoongi become a lot better because of Hoseok. They’re both different now compared to how they were before. Yoongi isn’t the only one who changed a lot.

“You know, I think you’re a lot more confident now.” Jungkook tells him, drinking from his cup. “I mean, I wouldn’t say arrogant really, but you’re a lot more sure of yourself. I’ve been in your class long enough to see the difference.”

“I can see that.” Seokjin says, smiling. “After all, if there is one thing I like about Yoongi, it’s how much he actually supports you.”

The conversation makes Jungkook think back to the fight that he and Jihoon had when Jihoon had first brought up wanting to take this job in Paris. Jungkook was completely against the idea, and he didn’t want Jihoon to go. With Seokjin pointing that out—that Yoongi always supports Hoseok—it kind of makes Jungkook feel bad for how he talked to Jihoon that night. Yes, they made up for it, but Jungkook was never able to assure Jihoon that he actually supported his decision to work abroad. Jungkook decides that he will talk to Jihoon about it when he gets the chance. The next time Jihoon calls him, Jungkook will clear things up.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        Things have been different around Suga Styles ever since Jihoon left. It’s quiet. Not a lot of mingling goes on. Almost everyone keeps to themselves, doing their work. Taehyung finds himself at the secretary’s desk most days this week, annoying Sungjong until Sungjong just sends him home instead of to the studio to bother Jihoon instead. There is no Jihoon to be bothered.

Normally Taehyung would stay here during lunch, eating with Jihoon on days that Jungkook doesn’t have the time to come up here and eat with him—which is actually most days. He always leaves Jimin at BAP Games to have lunch with his friends—which, now that he thinks about it, probably is just leaving Jimin there to have lunch alone. Like Jihoon, Jimin doesn’t have many friends. Jimin is too shy to talk to people on his own, and he keeps to himself when Taehyung isn’t there to bring the social butterfly out of him. So, in Jihoon’s absence, Taehyung makes sure to leave for BAP Games for lunch every day. He knows that Jimin is thankful for the company.

When lunch comes around today, Taehyung shows up at BAP Games only after having picked up some food for them from Burger King. Normally Taehyung tries to get Jimin out of the office, but Jimin had said something about being a little behind on his work before going in this morning, so Taehyung knows that he’ll probably be wanting to work through his lunch break. Taehyung is okay with that as long as he eats something. He can’t his little mochi go hungry.

“Does it have to be Burger King every time?” Jimin asks, eagerly unwrapping his burger despite his complaints. “I’m going to weigh as much as an elephant before this month is even over.”

“That’s okay,” Taehyung assures him, pulling up another chair next to Jimin’s desk. “Elephants are cute.”

“You know, you always say that you’ll love me no matter what,” Jimin says, “But what if I suddenly grew really tall, became really handsome instead of being cute all the time, and my…voice got really deep?” He actually makes his voice go deeper on that last part. “You know, pretty much exactly the opposite of everything you like about me?”

With a chuckle, Taehyung shakes his head. “That’s a completely hypothetical situation, and it’s not going to happen.” Taehyung assures him. “But if you’re wondering if I’d still love you even then, then yes. Yes, I would still love you Jimin.”

“Really?” Jimin asks, taking a bite of his burger. He gives himself some time to swallow it before continuing. “I think it would be weird if I woke up one day and you were shorter than me with a really high pitched voice.” He pauses. “Actually, a pocket sized version of you would be really cute now that I think about it. I wonder if we could make that happen.”

“Absolutely not.” Taehyung says, slapping Jimin’s shoulder. “You are my pocket boyfriend. You aren’t allowed to have a pocket version of me.”

“You’re right.” Jimin says, sighing. “Although it would be cute, pocket you would get so annoying after a while.”

Taehyung smiles. “I’m taking that as a compliment.” He says.

Jimin looks at him, his eyes narrowing and brows furrowing in confusion, but he shakes his head. “I mean, however you want to take it.” He says.

From there, Jimin mainly focuses on his work, but it’s nice anyway. Being here and having lunch with him. Even if he hardly talks to Taehyung, Taehyung doesn’t actually mind it. He just like being able to spend time with Jimin. Even if it means sitting quietly in the corner while Jimin works on his stuff.

When the hour gets close to being over, Taehyung has to leave to get back to Suga Styles.

“Hey,” Jimin says as Taehyung gathers up the trash. “You should come by more often. I like having lunch with you.”

Taehyung leans down to press a kiss to Jimin’s cheek. “I’ll be here every day if you want me to.” Taehyung promises. “Just say the word.”

 

Yoongi’s POV

        It has been way too long since Yoongi has had lunch with Namjoon. Honestly, he was looking forward to having lunch with Namjoon and Namjoon alone, but the younger just had to go and invite Jiho as well since the three of them were free for the lunch hour. It’s not that Yoongi doesn’t like Jiho, but…well, Yoongi was looking forward to some one-on-one time with his best friend. Since Namjoon and Jiho work together, they get to see each other all the time.

“So, how is that whole baby thing going with you and Hoseok?” Jiho asks, and it’s only then that Yoongi realized how long it really has been since he and Jiho have actually talked to each other. He and Hoseok haven’t really had much ‘baby-talk’ in the past few months, deciding to focus on other things for the moment.

Yoongi sighs, dipping his spoon in the miso soup and watching everything mix together. “We haven’t really talked about it much.” Yoongi says. He wishes that Namjoon would realize that things are awkward between him and Jiho. Unless they’re focusing on Namjoon and his problems, they don’t really have anything to talk about. “I think we both decided that we’re not ready for a family right now. Beyond the dogs, anyway. They’re our babies.”

“Oh. I see.” Jiho says. “That’s good. It’s probably better to wait anyway.”

Yoongi decides to ignore that comment instead of reading into it or asking about it. Instead, he decides to change the direction of the conversation to Jiho. “What about you and Sangwon? How are things going between you two?” Yoongi asks.

Jiho shrugs, but Yoongi can see that fond smile on his face. Probably the thing that makes their friendship the most awkward is how much they have in common. It’s like Namjoon has a particular type for his best friend because his two best friends happen to have a lot in common, but it’s just enough to make it hard for them to relate to each other. It’s just weird.

“We haven’t moved in together or anything.” Jiho says. “Since this is my first serious relationship that has lasted this long, I don’t want to ruin anything by moving too quickly.”

Yoongi scoffs, but he doesn’t mean to. “If it’s meant to be, it will be.” He says. “Before Hoseok I never had a relationship with anyone, and he moved in shortly after we started dating.”

“Yeah, but Hoseok’s situation was different.” Namjoon points out. He knows since he was there through the whole thing. “If you didn’t let him move in with you, he wouldn’t have had anywhere else to go.”

“I’m still surprised you made it work.” Jihoon mumbles. “Seriously. How did he not get tired of your if he had to live with you that early in your relationship?”

“Because he’s not quick to judge people.” Yoongi says. He always finds it sort of insulting when people comment on how amazing it that Hoseok can put up with him. He thinks it’s insulting to both of them to imply that Yoongi treats Hoseok like —he doesn’t. He thinks it’s insulting, also, to imply that Hoseok is incapable of ‘putting up with’ the that Yoongi puts him through. Hoseok might not seem like it to anyone else, but Yoongi knows that he’s very strong, and it pisses him off when people imply otherwise. “He knows that there are many sides to every person, and he found the sides of me that weren’t an .”

“And look at you both now,” Namjoon says, trying to keep both of them happy. “You’re both happy with who you ended up with.”

“I’m just glad I didn’t end up with someone like Seokjin.” Yoongi says. “I don’t know how I would deal with someone who is higher maintenance than me.”

At that, Namjoon actually laughs. “You are ridiculously high maintenance, though.” He says. “I guess it’s a good thing Hoseok likes taking care of people.”

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Dance class is something that Jungkook had been looking forward to all day. It’s the first time Hoseok is holding his dance class in the new building, and Jungkook is thrilled to be part of the class that gets to use it first. It’s been really amazing to see his class grow from the tiny studio he started with to the larger one Yoongi had gotten for him. And now he finally gets to see Hoseok’s dream come true as he finally turns this building into the dance academy he had been wanting to open for years.

He’s a little disappointed, however, when the time for class to begin comes around, and they’re still missing over half of the class. At least Jaejoon and Jimin still decided to show up. Other than them, there are only three other dancers here today.

“Maybe they didn’t get your message.” Jungkook tries to make Hoseok feel better about his students not showing up. This is, after all, the first class that he’s holding after coming back from his training.

Hoseok sighs, shaking his head. “Or they just don’t want to be in the class anymore.” He tells them, and he instantly tries to make himself seemed perked up. “But it’s okay. I think the five of you can knock out some good time in practice, so lets get started. They’ll join us next week if they’re still interested in participating.”

Jungkook can tell that he’s just trying to seem like it doesn’t bother him, but he knows better than to believe that Hoseok wouldn’t be upset about his students bailing on him like that. Especially when he’s working so hard to get this school opened up.

 

Jimin’s POV

        With the absence of over half of their class, practice actually goes by really quickly today. Instead of Hoseok stopping to help out several members of the crew, he only has five of them to work with, so they fly through everything a lot quicker than usual.

When he dismisses the class, Jimin asks if he can stay for a while to practice some more, something that he often does when practice ends early. He doesn’t feel like he’s used as much energy as he could have, and he still needs to practice some more to make sure he has these new dances. Upon Hoseok approving of him using the practice room for a little while, Jungkook asks if he can stay for a little while, too, as long as Jimin doesn’t mind. Well, Jimin’s not going to tell Jungkook that he can’t use the practice room, so he agrees to letting him use it as well.

They used to work on dances together all the time, even before they ever became boyfriends. Being two of the best dancers in the class, they helped each other out a lot. Jungkook would always teach Jimin how to do things that he was struggling with, and Jimin would help Jungkook when it came to things that he was stronger in. They made a great team before. But that was all before. With things being awkward between them, even if only a little, Jimin isn’t sure if they’ll ever get back to that. Being a great team.

Jimin waits for everyone to leave the studio before he says anything to Jungkook. He waits for even Hoseok to get out before he even acknowledges that Jungkook is there as well.

“How are you holding up?” He asks. He hasn’t seen Jungkook since Jihoon left, but, if Jungkook is still anything like he was when they were together, he knows that Jihoon being in France can’t be easy on the kid.

Jungkook sits on the floor to do some more stretches before they get back to work on dances. He looks up at Jimin as he reaches for his toes. “I could come up with some smart response to that, but I assume you’re talking about how I’m doing without Jihoon hyung.” Jungkook says. He doesn’t have to get such an attitude. Jimin is just trying to be friendly. “I’m doing well, you know. I can take care of myself.”

“I never implied that you couldn’t,” Jimin says. “You’ve just never really been good at spending time apart. I just wanted—”

Jimin silences himself when a huff escapes from Jungkook’s lips, and the younger one pushes himself off of the floor. “Really. I was the one who wasn’t good at spending time apart?” He questions, but Jimin doesn’t really get what he’s trying to imply there. “I just find it funny how we’re not even together anymore, Hyung, and you keep bringing the same up. I thought we could finally move past this, but apparently not.”

“Are you somehow implying that I’m the one who couldn’t spend time away from you?” Jimin questions, deciding to ignore the last half of what Jungkook had said.

“No,” Jungkook says. “I’m implying that you’re the one who couldn’t spend time away from Taetae hyung.”

It really pisses Jimin off that he still goes on about that. “Taehyung was my friend, Jungkook.” Jimin insists.

“I think it’s pretty clear that he was a lot more than that to you.” Jungkook snaps. He walks past Jimin, lightly shoving him with his shoulder as he passes. He’s probably going for his bag, deciding that he doesn’t want to practice with Jimin anymore. “Enjoy the studio. I’ll get some practice in later.”

“Why?” Jimin asks. He’s not meaning to start an argument. He just wants Jungkook to talk to him. “Jungkook, are you jealous because of Taehyung?”

Bad choice of words. Before Jimin can do anything about it, he feels his head hit the wall, Jungkook having shoved him back. Jungkook holds Jimin back with a hand on his chest, and he glares into Jimin’s eyes. Now he’s just angry. In a way that Jimin has never seen on him before, and Jimin would be lying if he said that he wasn’t scared at all.

“Jungkook—”

“As if I would be jealous of Taehyung.” Jungkook’s words almost feel like glass to Jimin, and he can see tears in Jungkook’s eyes—probably tears of anger. “At least I know how to be loyal to my boyfriend, unlike you. I was always loyal to you, and I’ll remain loyal to Jihoon hyung now. Because of Taehyung, you couldn’t be loyal to me.” Jungkook laughs. “You know what is so funny, though? You couldn’t remain loyal to Taehyung either.”

“I did—” Jimin tries to counter Jungkook’s insults, but the kid doesn’t even give him the chance.

“I mean…did you ever tell him what happened in Hawaii last year?” Jungkook questions, bringing up something that Jimin would rather just forget. “Because you two made up rather quickly if you did. Do you think Taehyung would have forgiven you so easily if he knew what actually happened? But you probably didn’t admit fault to that either because nothing is ever your fault, now is it?”

“That’s not fair.” Jimin says under his breath, trying his best not to let what Jungkook is saying get to him.

Jungkook sighs, and he backs off of Jimin himself. “Look, Hyung. I’m sorry.” Jungkook says. He holds his hands behind his back, and he avoids eye contact with Jimin. “I shouldn’t have done that. I shouldn’t have even said that. I’m sorry. You practice. I’m going to go. Jihoon hyung should be calling me soon if he’s calling me at all today.”

Jimin watches as Jungkook leaves from the studio. After deciding that he’s not really in the mood for practice either, Jimin gathers up his things and he leaves from the studio as well. He just wants to go home and be with his husband.