Coffee Love #29 (JungHoon)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #29 - Pleasant Surprise
Word Count: 6,359

Date in Chapter: 2016 March 11

Note: Happens two days after Coffee Love #28. No Yoonseok angst happening yet. Also the start of Spring break. Jungkook meeting Jihoon’s family, and Taehyung having a special surprise planned for Jimin. Yoonseok staying where they are because of work and stuff. (Heavily Junghoon and Jitae focused. Mostly Junghoon.) [[Also, I’m very about about the lack of Namjin in this chapter. I was trying to get their part done, but it’s too hard to write. >.< Anyway, we’ll have them more in the next chapter…sorry!]]

 

Jihoon’s POV

        Normally Jihoon tries to be prepared for things when he knows that he has plans to do something. For example, he and Jungkook are getting on a plane this morning to fly to Busan. Normally, Jihoon would have his bags packed and ready to go, and the morning would be spent helping Jungkook get his bags packed because the younger one is really bad at being ready on time. Normally, that’s how it would go.

Not this time, however.

Because of everything that has happened recently, Jihoon has been behind. Yoongi sent everyone home early on his birthday, which resulted in Jihoon having to finish everything up at home, knowing that he wouldn’t be here for the weekend to get it done. He and Jungkook had a dinner date with Rome and Jiwoo last night, since it’s Jungkook’s last night in town for the week, and he really wanted to spend some time with his brother before leaving.

So this morning is a rush of Jihoon trying to pack his own bags before it’s even time to wake Jungkook up so that they can get his things together. He throws in the exact number of day outfits and sleep outfits that he will need for how long they will be there. He makes sure to pack up all of his self-care supplies such as shampoos and things because he doesn’t like the ones that his father uses, and he even takes care of packing up those other necessary items for Jungkook as well. It’s one less thing they’ll have to worry about when Jihoon wakes him up.

Once he’s satisfied and confident that he’s not forgetting anything, he crawls back onto the bed and pulls the covers away from Jungkook. The nervous feeling is still there, but right now he’s more excited about his relatives meeting his fiancé. Jungkook is amazing and really special to Jihoon, so surely his family will be able to see that. It’s also hard for Jihoon to imagine how anyone could hate Jungkook. He’s too lovable.

“Jeon.” Jihoon says, rolling Jungkook onto his back. “Kkookie.”

Jungkook takes in a deep breath, stretching as he does so, and his hands land on Jihoon’s thighs. “What time is it?” He asks, waking up surprisingly easy this time.

Jihoon grabs Jungkook’s phone to check the time—he left his on the dresser, and he’s not getting up just to grab it when Jungkook’s phone is right there. “It’s half past eight.” Jihoon tells him, locking the phone and setting it aside. “We have to be at the airport by eleven o’clock, so you have to get up now.”

Jungkook inhales deeply, and then he lets it out. “Okay,” Jungkook says, and Jihoon takes it that this is one of those times that Jungkook is trying to keep to his agreement to not be such a pain in the every morning. He really does have to get up. If they don’t make their flight, they won’t be able to get a refund on their tickets. “Do you have your things packed?”

“Do you really think I was going to wake you up without having my things packed first?” Jihoon asks, the amount of affection and amusement clear in his voice. “The only thing you have to worry about packing is clothes. I’ve gotten everything else taken care of.”

Jungkook’s hands squeeze around Jihoon’s thighs, and Jihoon’s breath hitches when he inches upward. Jihoon means to warn him and let him know that they don’t have any time for fooling around this morning, but he can’t even find his words as he looks down into Jungkook’s eyes.

“You are so good to me, Hyung.” Jungkook mumbles, squeezing Jihoon’s thighs once more, and Jihoon’s a little disappointed when he removes his hands from them. He pushes himself up onto his elbows. “How did I ever get so lucky to end up with you?”

With Jungkook leaning up like this, craning his neck to look at Jihoon in the eye, Jihoon can’t resist the temptation to kiss him. He leans forward and presses his lips to Jungkook’s, but he makes sure climb off of the younger one immediately after—he doesn’t want Jungkook to take it as an invitation to something more.

“It’s more like I’m lucky to have you.” Jihoon tells him. “In case you don’t remember, you were the one who wanted to figure things out before rushing into anything. I just liked you enough to be okay with that.”

“Well, you didn’t have to wait very long.” Jungkook points out, and he sits up on the bed, crossing his legs in front of himself. “How long would you have waited?”

“As long as it took.” Jihoon promises. “It’s not everyday I meet someone who has an effect on me quite as quickly as you did. I was single for two years before I met you. I’d have been willing to wait longer.”

“Yeah, well let’s just hope you don’t ever meet someone who has the same effect on you as I do.” Jungkook says, his tone protective and jealous, and it makes Jihoon smile. “I’ll have to do something about them.”

“Tol, no one could ever have the same effect on me as you do.” Jihoon assures him. He places his arms over Jungkook’s shoulders, hooking his finger’s around Jungkook’s neck. “I’m already in too deep.”

Jungkook smirks at that, and Jihoon already knows that he’s about to make an inappropriate remark, so he quickly tries to change the subject. “Let’s hurry up and get your stuff ready so we won’t be late.” Jihoon says, pulling away from Jungkook.

Jihoon’s father is the one who paid for the tickets, so Jihoon really wants to make sure they make it to their flight on time. He knows the old man wouldn’t be too happy if he sent them the money for a flight only for them to wind up having to drive there.

Jungkook groans as he gets off the bed, probably in complaint that he has to get up and actually do something this morning. Despite how much Jungkook hates getting up to get ready for things like this, Jihoon actually loves spring break. It’s the one time of the year that he and Jihoon have an entire week to spend together. No work. No classes. Just each other. And Jihoon’s family, of course, but that’s beside the point.

“Hey,” Jihoon says, grabbing Jungkook’s arm when Jungkook tries putting a pair of his ripped jeans into his suitcase, and Jungkook gives him an annoyed glance. “Just pack regular jeans.” Jihoon suggests. “I don’t want my family thinking I ended up with someone who’s going to be a bad influence on me.”

Straightening his posture, Jungkook looks straight into Jihoon’s eyes. “First of all, I am a bad influence on you,” Jungkook assures him, and Jihoon cannot deny that. “Secondly, it’s 2017. Anyone can wear jeans with holes in them, and they’re not viewed as rebels or punks for it.”

Despite Jihoon’s protests, Jungkook proceeds to put the jeans in his suitcase. “Yeah, but my family is old fashioned.” Jihoon says, pouting.

“Do you dress like that around them?” Jungkook asks, motioning to Jihoon’s outfit with his eyes.

Jihoon looks down at his clothes. He’s wearing a knitted sweater with geometric patterns and a pair of black jeans. “Not really, no.” Jihoon says, but he doesn’t understand the problem with his outfit.

“I was going to say,” Jungkook continues as he fishes more clothes out of his closet. “If you do, they probably won’t be that surprised about us.”

It takes Jihoon a moment to register what Jungkook just said, but once he figures it out, he’s lightly hitting Jungkook on the back. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Jihoon knows that his sense of fashion has changed since he moved out of his parents house and became in charge of buying his own clothes, but he doesn’t see any problem with the clothes he decides to buy. His father never even says anything about it, and he’d be the first to comment if he thought of anything to say. “These are men’s clothes, you know.”

“I never said they weren’t,” Jungkook states. He looks through his many t-shirts, probably trying to decide which ones he wants to bring with him. “But there’s a difference between dressing like a gay boy and dressing like a girl, and your fashion choices kind of match the stereotype.”

After looking down at his outfit for a moment longer, Jihoon sighs. “I’m changing.” He tries to push Jungkook out of the way of the closet so that he can get to his clothes and find something else to wear, but Jungkook easily holds his position and pushes Jihoon back.

“Don’t,” He says. “You look cute.”

The disadvantage to having a, not only a tall boyfriend, but a tall boyfriend who likes to work out, is that Jungkook can easily push Jihoon around. Jihoon knows that Jungkook would never do anything to actually hurt him, but it’s still annoying that he’s no match for the younger.

“Whatever. Finish packing and get dressed so we can make it to the airport.” Jihoon says, sitting on the bed.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        It’s only the third day of Hoseok being home from the hospital, but they’ve already removed the bandage that he had wrapped around his head. He has stitches where they sewed shut a wound on the left side of his forehead, but the doctor said that it should heal over nicely with minimal to no scaring. Even if it leaves a scar, Yoongi doesn’t care. He has his own fair share of scars that he received over his life-time, and it’s definitely not going to make Yoongi any less attracted to Hoseok.

He rolls over in bed to see husband sleeping, facing him. This is the best part of having Hoseok home again—waking up next to him. Nothing is harder than trying to fall asleep without Hoseok there, and there is lonelier than waking up in the same situation. Especially when Yoongi doesn’t know if or when to expect Hoseok to be back.

They’re past that, though. Hoseok is home again, and Yoongi couldn’t be happier.

Smiling, Yoongi gently Hoseok’s cheek with the back of his hand, which is how he finds out that Hoseok isn’t actually sleeping. The younger one grabs his wrist, and he presses his lips against Yoongi’s palm. “Good morning, Hyung.” Hoseok hums, and he kisses Yoongi’s palm once more.

“Good morning, Hope.” Yoongi whispers, as if he doesn’t want to wake the dogs up. He retrieves his hand from Hoseok’s grasp, and he scoots closer to his husband. He runs his fingers through Hoseok’s hair, careful to avoid the spot where the stitches are—Hoseok whines every time Yoongi touches it, saying something about how it hurts. “What do you want for breakfast?”

Yoongi actually wanted to get up and order something before Hoseok even woke up and feed him breakfast in bed, but, since Hoseok was apparently already awake, it looks like that’s not going to happen.

“Are you cooking? Or are you ordering?” Hoseok’s words come out in tired little mumbles, but Yoongi understands every word.

“Ordering, probably.” Yoongi tells him.

“Then I want hotcakes.” Hoseok decides easily, closing his eyes and letting out a sigh.

Yoongi isn’t really in the mood for hotcakes, but, really, he’s not much in the mood for anything. So, instead of arguing and trying to get Hoseok to choose something different, he just goes with it. Hoseok just better be lucky he’s still recovering, otherwise Yoongi would be his usual pain in the self.

It takes him less than five minutes to call and place an order for breakfast, and their food arrives no more than fifteen minutes later. Yoongi collects the food from the delivery person when he gets there, and he takes it back to the bedroom—still determined to give Hoseok the breakfast in bed he was planning.

“How are you feeling, today?” Yoongi asks, handing Hoseok the go boxes so that he can crawl onto the bed. Being only the third day after him coming home, Yoongi wants to make sure that he keeps an eye on Hoseok’s condition. He doesn’t need his husband having to go back to the hospital because they weren’t careful enough.

“In someways, better than yesterday, but other ways…” Hoseok pauses, giving Yoongi a side glance and finishing with, “I’m fine.”

“No,” Yoongi says, opening one of the little syrup packets and pouring it over Hoseok’s pancake for him. Hoseok was about to complain about something, Yoongi knows it, and he’s not going to let him get off so easily. “If you’re not feeling well, I want you to tell me.”

“It’s nothing, Hyung—”

“Hoseok.” Yoongi firms.

“It’s just…my head doesn’t hurt as bad, but my body is more sore.” Hoseok tells him. “It’s nothing serious. It’s just because I’m healing, so you don’t have to—”

Hoseok’s words are muted when Yoongi shoves a piece of pancake into his mouth, and he glares at Yoongi cutely as he chews it.

“You are just going to have to stay in bed today, then.” Yoongi says, tapping Hoseok’s nose.

“Hyung,” Hoseok whines around a mouthful of food, but Yoongi shakes his head.

“Don’t hyung me.” Yoongi warns him. “You have to learn the ways of the mattress and stay put for the day.”

“I can think of much better uses for this mattress rather than just lying around,” Hoseok says, a playful smirk on his face.

Resisting Hoseok is never an easy thing for Yoongi to do, but he knows that he has to sometimes. Now being one of those times.

“Don’t tempt me,” Yoongi warns him. “You have no idea how hard it is for me to resist.”

At that, Hoseok smiles, and he moves the styrofoam food box from his lap, handing it over for Yoongi to take. He rolls over onto his side, wrapping his arms around Yoongi’s waist, and resting his head on Yoongi’s chest. “I love you, Hyung.” Hoseok says. “You take such good care of me.”

Of course Yoongi takes care of Hoseok. Hoseok is the most precious person in the world to Yoongi, so he has to take care of him. He doesn’t know what he would do if anything ever happened to him.

He wraps his arms around Hoseok, squeezing him almost possessively. “Don’t go.” He says, not wanting Hoseok to leave him. Not now. It’s too soon after he almost thought he was going to lose him for good.

At first, Hoseok doesn’t say anything. He just sits perfectly still in the position that he’s in, not saying a word. Yoongi’s hold around him tightens, and he finally responds by letting out a little sigh first. “I have to.” Hoseok says, and Yoongi wonders if he even knows what Yoongi is talking about. “I want to. Especially now.”

It’s funny how Yoongi tries convincing Hoseok to give it a shot at first, and Hoseok was the one debating whether he should just stay home or not. Now that Yoongi doesn’t want Hoseok to go, he feels the need to go.

“You don’t have to.” Yoongi says. “You already have a building for your dance studio, and we have people working to get it fixed up.”

“Hyung,” Hoseok whines again. “Look, if the accident had been any worse, I may not have been able to get back to dancing at all—”

“You haven’t been able to get back to dancing yet.”

But I will once I recover. Some people need to go through physical therapy in order to get back to doing things they love.” Hoseok tells him. “So I feel like I should give this a shot. Then, we can get that building fixed up when I get back. You know, as a reward.”

Yoongi reads into that a little more than he should maybe, and he takes it that Hoseok doesn’t think he deserves for Yoongi to have bought that building for him. Yoongi wouldn’t have bought it for him if he didn’t think that Hoseok deserved it.

“Whatever.” Yoongi says. “If you’ve already made up your mind, there’s nothing I can do to change it.”

 

Jimin’s POV

        Jimin stirs at the sound of Taehyung’s alarm clock going off. When they both have to get up at the same time, only one of them sets an alarm because it would be too annoying if they had two going off at once. He struggles to roll over in Taehyung’s tight hold, and when he’s finally facing Taehyung, he’s met with his not-sleeping face. His eyes are closed, yes, and he’s breathing heavy, yes, but he’s not asleep. Jimin can just tell because he’s seen Taehyung’s sleeping face enough to know when he’s really asleep, and when he’s trying to fake it.

Instead of trying to wake him up or even bother him, Jimin just loosens Taehyung’s arms around himself, and he leans over the younger one to reach for his phone. “Ah, Taehyung,” Jimin whines when Taehyung’s lips are suddenly attached to his neck, kissing and a little. It catches Jimin by surprise, and he loses his balance, collapsing onto Taehyung. “Stop.”

“Don’t make yourself vulnerable to me, and maybe I wouldn’t mess with you.” Taehyung tells him, and he kisses Jimin on the cheek.

“Let me go, and let me shut your stupid alarm off.” Jimin demands, trying to free himself from Taehyung’s strong grasp. It’s not easy, however, with Taehyung on his ear and him, causing him to shiver. It eventually distracts Jimin from the annoying alarm, and he sighs, turning his head more toward Taehyung so that the younger one has better access.

He feels Taehyung’s lips stretch up into a smile against his ear, and he’s laughing at Jimin. “You’re too easy.” He whispers in Jimin’s ear. “You should at least give me a little bit of a challenge once in a while.”

Jimin wonders if he has always been this easy or if it’s just because Taehyung affects him in ways that no one has ever been able to affect him before. Or maybe that he trusts Taehyung more than he’s ever trusted anyone before, so he’s more willing and eager to let Taehyung take control of him so easily.

“If you wanted a challenge, Kim Taehyung,” Jimin whispers, lifting his head and bringing he lips close to Taehyung’s, “All you had to do was ask.”

Taehyung brings his head up to meet Jimin’s lips, but Jimin pulls away too quickly, getting off of the younger one and grabbing his phone to shut off that annoying alarm. He enjoys the little smile that appears on Taehyung’s face, as if he’s accepting the challenge.

“Hey, is your stuff ready?” Taehyung asks, sitting up on the bed.

Jimin was given the week off from work since it’s Taehyung’s spring break, and they’re going to spend it by going down to Jimin’s family’s house. Jimin’s mom doesn’t even know about him and Taehyung having gotten married yet, and they’re supposed to be telling her that when they get down there.

“I finished packing last night.” Jimin assures him, and he goes to the closet to pull out his suitcase. Since they’re flight is scheduled early in the morning, Jimin wanted to make sure he got his stuff packed last night. “So as long as your stuff is packed, we’re good to go.”

Taehyung nods from where he’s sitting on the bed, and he leans back against their pillows. “You know,” Taehyung speaks slowly, in that deep voice of his, and Jimin can just tell that he’s trying to win him over. “The cab isn’t coming for another thirty minutes, so we still have time. You know, if you want to mess around a little bit before we go.”

Just earlier Taehyung had said that Jimin was too easy, so Jimin’s not about to prove him right. Still, he decides to have a little fun by playing along. He trots over to the bed, and he crawls on top of Taehyung, placing his hands on the headboard so that they’re on either side of Taehyung’s shoulders. “I’ll tell you what,” Jimin says, bringing his lips dangerously close to Taehyung’s again. “I’ll let you have your way with me…” Jimin continues, and he kisses Taehyung deeply. “When we get back from my parents’ house.” He adds simply, and he climbs off of Taehyung.

“Why not when we get there?” Taehyung asks, raising his voice in question. “Scared you won’t be able to keep quiet while I make love to you?”

“You know I won’t.” Jimin says, falling out of character. “I can’t help it.”

“Then I suggest you go get dressed, Angel.” Taehyung says, and Jimin never gets tired of Taehyung using that nickname. “We’ll be leaving shortly.”

“You too,” Jimin says, taking off his top and tossing it at Taehyung. “You’re still in your pjs.”

 

Hoseok’s POV

        Yoongi isn’t really successfully able to keep Hoseok in bed all day. Hoseok is okay with being lazy and lounging around, mostly because his body is kind of sore, but he’s not going to do it in bed. It’s boring in the bedroom. Instead, he has Yoongi set him up on the couch, a pillow one end and a blanket for Hoseok to snuggle up in. Bean lies on Hoseok’s chest while Pistachio lies at the foot of the couch, and Yoongi sits on the living room floor, working on sketches.

Hoseok rolls over, holding onto Bean so that he doesn’t fall, and he adjusts his pillow so that he can get a better look at Yoongi’s work. Just like Yoongi enjoys watching Hoseok dance, Hoseok always finds Yoongi to be the most attractive when he’s busy working on designs—it doesn’t matter if it’s during the sketching process or the actual execution of the designs, Yoongi is always really attractive doing it. It’s funny though because Yoongi isn’t actually good at drawing—except the models and designs. Those are the only things he can draw.

“How do you do that?” Hoseok asks. He throws one arm over Yoongi’s shoulder and pulls the elder back so that he can rest his head against Yoongi’s.

“Do what?” Yoongi asks, turning his head slightly.

“Come up with designs and such? Like…how do you know what to draw?” Hoseok asks. It’s something he’s always wondered, but never really bothered to actually ask.

Yoongi shrugs. “How do you come up with dances?” He asks.

“I just feel the music.” Hoseok answers. “I let it guide me, but I doubt this is the same.” He says, pointing to the paper.

“Everyone has their own way of doing things, but I always start with simple shapes and then adjust the sketch according to how I envision it.” Yoongi says. “For example, if I want to create a long dress, I’ll start with that basic shape.” He moves over to one of the unclothed models on the paper, and he begins drawing out what he’s explaining to Hoseok, and Hoseok just listens because it’s so good to hear Yoongi going on about something that he’s so passionate about.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Taehyung and Jimin show up at the airport at least an hour before the scheduled time that they are supposed to fly out, which is good. Taehyung drags Jimin up to the check in, and he punches in the information for their flights, printing off both of their tickets. Once that is done, Taehyung hand Jimin’s ticket over to him.

Now, with ticket in hand, Jimin studies the piece of paper as they walk up to the counter where they’d have their bags checked. Their flight is scheduled for ten forty-five, which is exactly what Taehyung told him when booking the flights. But Jimin notices something that’s a little off. “Taetae,” Jimin says, tugging on Taehyung’s arm. He should have expected this idiot to screw something like this up.

Taehyung stops and turns around to face Jimin, but he doesn’t say anything. He’s just smiling wide, and Jimin can only wonder what that’s about.

“You booked the wrong flights.” Jimin tells him, flashing his ticket in Taehyung’s face, pointing to the spot where it shows the destination. “These are to Sapporo. Not Busan.”

Taehyung’s smile only grows wider, and Jimin only becomes more confused.

“I know.” Is all Taehyung says, as he turns around, handing his extra bag to the man at the counter.

“You know—Kim Taehyung,” Jimin demands, turning the younger one around so that he’s facing him once again. “Are you telling me that you lied to me? You mean you booked these flights to Japan instead of my home on purpose? My parents are expecting us, Taehyung.”

“That’s where you’re wrong, Jiminie.” Taehyung says, turning back to the man at the counter, he continues what he has to do there before stepping out of the way and letting Jimin do the same thing. “Your parents only acted like they’re expecting you because I told them to. They know that I planned to surprise you by taking you on a random honeymoon trip to anywhere that isn’t Korea.”

If Jimin wasn’t suddenly so pissed at Taehyung, this whole thing might actually seem as sweet as it really is. Taehyung is thoughtful for wanting to surprise Jimin for a week-long, romantic getaway. It’s even cute that he got Jimin’s parents to play along, making him think that they were actually going to his house for the break. But…honeymoon? Did Taehyung tell them that? They hadn’t yet told Jimin’s parents about them actually getting married, and they were supposed to do it together—so Jimin is going to pissed if Taehyung went behind his back and did it himself.

“Honeymoon?” Jimin says in question, raising his eyebrow. “You told them that we were going on a honeymoon?”

Taehyung walks through the airport, dragging Jimin along with them so that they won’t end up being late for their flight when they showed up early enough to make it. “Not exactly.” Taehyung tells him. “I just told them that I really wanted to take you on a romantic trip since we’ve known each other for ten years now.”

Jimin’s sudden anger slowly starts to diminish. “You didn’t say anything about getting married?” Jimin asks, staring at Taehyung as he walks.

With a shake of his head, Taehyung stops and turns around to face the smaller one. “I thought you didn’t want to be married, so I didn’t say anything to them. Besides, I wouldn’t tell them without you anyway.” Taehyung assures him.

Jimin hears the hint of regret in Taehyung’s voice as he says that first part, and it puts a small pain in Jimin’s chest. Them getting married was a random and spontaneous thing much like this trip is because that’s just who Taehyung is. He doesn’t plan things in advance. At least, if he does, he never tells Jimin about it so it always seems spontaneous to him. Thinking about it, Jimin wonders if Taehyung actually put a lot of thought into them getting married on their ten year anniversary. Jimin hadn’t done much in the way of thinking about it or planning, but Taehyung—it meant a lot to him.

“Kim Taehyung,” Jimin says, grabbing Taehyung’s wrist when the younger tries to keep walking, and he pulls him into a hug. “I’m sorry if I offended you that day. I was an idiot.”

“You are not an idiot.”

“I was an idiot.” Jimin insists. “I told you I wanted I wanted something special, but…Taehyung…I just want you to know that I didn’t mean that. I mean…I do want something special, but I didn’t mean that what you did wasn’t special enough…”

“Jimin.” Taehyung says, but Jimin continues rambling. “Jimin.” He tries again. “Park Jimin.” This time with a kiss, and Jimin finally shuts up. “We’re going to miss our flight if we don’t hurry.”

Taehyung starts walking again, and Jimin has to step quickly to keep up with him. “Hey.” Jimin says, mainly focused on keeping up with Taehyung. It’s hard to tell if Taehyung is mad at him or not. “Kim Taehyung, will you listen to me? I wasn’t done.”

“We can wait until we get on the—”

“We still have plenty of time.” Jimin demands, and he catches a hold of Taehyung’s wrist.

Taehyung whirls around, looking at Jimin in shock—probably because of how annoyed and angry he sounded with those words.

“I was planning on waiting until we told my parents.” Jimin says, and he opens up the little front pocket on his suitcase, and he pulls out the small little box that holds the rings that he had bought for him and Taehyung. Taehyung already got Jimin an engagement ring, but they haven’t gotten their wedding bands yet, and that’s what Jimin bought. “But I guess I can do it now since we aren’t even going to see them.” He opens the little box, and he holds it out on the palm of his hand so that Taehyung can see the two rings. “Kim Taehyung,” This is harder to say than he thought. He looks around to see if anyone is watching him, and he gets down on one knee when he determines that the coast is clear.

“Stand up.” Taehyung demands, but Jimin remains on his knee.

“Will you be my husband?” Jimin asks. “Like, really my husband? I mean…I don’t want us to be husbands just because a stupid peace of papers tells us that we are. I want to call you my husband because I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and all of my future lives with you.”

Taehyung grabs Jimin’s wrist, the one that’s holding the box, and he pulls Jimin up off the floor. “Yes, my sweet angel.” Taehyung says, his hands sliding down to Jimin’s elbows, and it’s only then that Jimin realizes that they have grown a small audience. “Nothing would make me happier.”

He pulls Jimin closer to him, and he presses their lips together in a deep kiss—one that has Jimin breathless, and Jimin can feel his cheeks heating up as people cheer for them. At least it was a positive reaction that they got.

Once he’s free, Jimin pulls out one of the rings, and he checks the engraving on it. “I know it’s, like, really cheesy, but I got our initials put on them. This one says PJM, so it’s yours.”

Taehyung takes the box, and the other ring from Jimin once they have Taehyung’s ring on him. He pulls the ring out to examine the engraving, and he smiles. “And this is KTH, so I’m yours.” Taehyung says. He removes Jimin’s engagement ring to put the wedding band on first, and then he slides the engagement ring back onto Jimin’s finger. Out of Jimin’s rings that he has, these are two of his favorites.

Before they even get the change to finish their walk to where they’ll be getting on the plane, they’re congratulated by the few people who were watching them, and it makes Jimin’s heart flutter. He wonders if Taehyung feels the same, but by the way he confidently takes Jimin’s hand in his own and walks with that proud smile on his face—Jimin can tell that he does.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Jungkook and Jihoon actually made it to their scheduled flight on time, and they’re now going to meet Jihoon’s father after landing in Busan. Jihoon, who started off nervous about this whole thing, has been excited the whole day, paying no attention to the fact that Jungkook is now the one who is feeling a bit unsure about this whole thing. There were parts of him that were unsure about it from the beginning, but now it’s a lot worse.

His nerves pick up even more when they finally spot Jihoon’s father, and there’s another person with him, and it’s definitely not Jihoon’s mother. It’s an unfamiliar face—a man around their age.

“Dammit,” Jihoon says, under his breath, but Jungkook catches the exclamation. “He didn’t tell me he was bringing Hyunwoo.”

Jungkook obviously has no idea who this Hyunwoo person is, but it’s obvious that Jihoon isn’t excited to see him.

“Hyunwoo?” Jungkook says in question.

“My cousin.” Jihoon tells him. “My dad’s nephew, and…also the person I get along with the least in…”

Jihoon’s voice trails off as they get close enough for his father and Hyunwoo to probably hear them.

“‘Sup cus?” Hyunwoo asks, pulling Jihoon in by throwing an arm over his shoulder and locking his arm around Jihoon’s neck. He rubs Jihoon’s head with his knuckles, and Jihoon whines, obviously highly annoyed. “Long time no see, huh?”

“ing, stop,” Jihoon demands, trying to remove his cousin’s arm from his neck. “Hyung.”

His cousin stops, and he looks up at Jungkook. “Who’s this?” He asks, looking Jungkook up and down as if to size him us. “I thought you were bringing home your fiancé.”

“This is Jungkook.” Jihoon says proudly, and he links arms with the younger one. “He is my—”

“Jungkook is his fiancé.” Jihoon’s father finishes that statement for him, not even sounding ashamed to share that information.

“Wait…you didn’t tell us that—granny is going to have a heart attack, you know.” Hyunwoo says, and he turns back to look at Jihoon. “Do you plan on sending her to the grave?”

Jungkook can easily see why Jihoon wasn’t too excited about seeing this particular relative with his father. He’s actually worse than Jungkook remembers Jihoon’s dad being, and then Jungkook starts to understand Jihoon’s worried a little bit more. He also starts to kind of feel sorry for Jihoon. He can’t imagine what it would be like to have family that reacted like this to something so normal.

“You know what?” Jungkook starts, but Jihoon’s hand slides down his arm, linking their hands and intertwining their fingers. He lightly squeezes Jungkook’s hand, and that’s all it takes for Jungkook to get the hint. Jihoon doesn’t want him to start anything, so he doesn’t say anymore.

“What?” Jihoon’s cousin asks, clearly not interested in just letting it go.

“I didn’t bring you here to talk to my son like that,” Jihoon’s father says. He grabs Hyunwoo by the shoulder and turns him around to shove him out the door. “Go to the car.”

Hyunwoo is shoved ahead of all of them, but they all follow suit. Once they get to the car, Hyunwoo claims the front seat, which Jungkook doesn’t really care. He wanted Jihoon to sit in the back with him anyway, so it works out.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        “What the are you smiling about?” Taehyung asks Jimin as they make their way up to their hotel room. Jimin had been staring at his phone, smiling like an idiot the entire they were in the elevator, and it’s starting to bother Taehyung.

“You.” Jimin says, giggling. “You are so cute.”

“Me?” Taehyung asks, taking Jimin’s phone out of his hand to see what the hell he is talking about. It’s a picture from the airplane. Taehyung had fallen asleep on Jimin’s shoulder, and Jimin took a picture of them together like that.

Taehyung rolls his eyes, and he shoves Jimin’s phone back at him.

“I’m making it my profile picture.” Jimin says. “And I’m posting it to my twitter.”

“Do what you want.” Taehyung says, opening the door to the hotel room. “You know I’m all for cute and cheesy stuff like that.”

“I know.” Jimin chimes, and he pounces on Taehyung once the hotel room door is shut behind them.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        If Hyunwoo hadn’t have had such a negative reaction to Jungkook, Jihoon wouldn’t be so nervous about bringing him home right now. He’s expecting his aunt and uncle and grandmother to all be there since Hyunwoo is with them, and he’s not excited about their reaction to Jungkook. Not at all.

They’re greeted by all of the cats and dogs when they get to the farm, and they’re greeted by all of the humans when they get into the house. Everyone gets excited to see Jihoon, and they are even excited to meet Jungkook. After a moment, however, they start asking about Jihoon’s fiancé.

“I thought you were going to bring your fiancé home with you.” His aunt says, looking around.

“I did.” Jihoon says.

“Well, where is she?” His uncle then asks.

He is right here.” Jihoon tells them, motioning to Jungkook.

The room falls silent for a moment. The first one to break it is Jihoon’s grandmother. “Jungkook,” She says, patting Jungkook on the arm with her frail old hands. “Nice and strong. Beautiful smile, and…” She looks over at Jihoon, and he doesn’t even notice that he, himself, is smiling. “Ah, there it is.” She says. “I don’t know about the rest of ‘em, but…welcome to the family Jungkook. Anyone who makes my grandson smile like that shouldn’t get pushed away. At least you seem like a decent young man.”

His grandmother was the last person he expected to be okay with this, but she seems to like Jungkook right away. Jihoon couldn’t be happier.

“Oh, and Jihoon,” Hyunwoo says, tapping Jihoon on the shoulder. “I’ve got a surprise for you, too.”

He grabs Jihoon by the arm and pulls him into the kitchen where Jihoon’s mother and another girl are together. “This is Jihye, my fiancé.”

And Jihoon decides that the reason his grandmother was so okay with Jungkook was because of this. Jihye is obviously very pregnant, and she looks further along than even Jiwoo. It seems that grandmother is more willing to accept Jungkook than to accept her other grandson getting this girl pregnant before being married to her.