Coffee Love #36 (JungHoon)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #36 - A Heavy Offer
Word Count: 4,683

Date in Chapter: 2017 June 1

Note: So…this is where some pretty big stuff starts happening. This chapter introduces a Junghoon arc while the next goes into the final part of the Yoonseok arc, and they’ll kind of happen together from there. I’ll try to keep Namjin and Jitae light and fluffy for a break between the heavy stuff. Anyway, enjoy! Nothing to warn for right now. Just an introduction to the Junghoon arc. (See Coffee Creamer #1)

Disclaimer: On the part with Jinhee, forgive me if it’s not accurate to real life. I don’t know the development of baby stages, and every source tells me something different. I think five months is a good age for the stage in this chapter, though? So…yeah.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        Of course. Jungkook begs Seokjin to give him the morning hours during the summer, but he never wants to wake up without Jihoon telling him to first. It would be so nice if Jungkook could wake up on his own once in a while, but that never seems to happen. He actually has done it a couple of times in the past, but he could still afford to do it a little more often.

“Jungkook,” Jihoon whispers, climbing onto bed with the cat in his hand. Marble lays limp in Jihoon’s arm, allowing him to turn her this way and that as he climbs on the mattress. That’s the good thing about Ragdoll cats. They’re generally quite relaxed while being held. When Jihoon is sitting comfortably next to his fiance, he adjust Marble so that she’s more comfortably fitting in his hold. “Come on,” He says. “I ordered breakfast.”

The mention of food is almost always a good way to get Jungkook out of bed. He opens his eyes, and he looks up at Jihoon, smiling. “You love that cat, don’t you?” He asks.

It’s true. Jihoon carries her around a lot when they’re in the apartment together, when he’s not, she’s usually following him around like a little puppy dog. Not to mention, she was a gift from Jungkook, so that makes her even more special. “She’s my baby.” Jihoon says, squishing Marble in his arms, and she lets out an irritated meow. “But you need to get out of bed. The food is here, and I want you to get to it while it’s still hot.”

Jungkook pushes himself up on the mattress. Now that it’s summer, he always wears his short sleeve pj shirt, and Jihoon hates it almost as much as he loves it. Jungkook frequents the gym a lot, and when he doesn’t have time for that, he still finds ways to work out at home. With his short sleeves, Jihoon always gets a nice picture of Jungkook’s biceps, and it always gets Jihoon breathless. “What time is it?” Jungkook manages to ask just before pressing his lips to Jihoon’s.

“Half past seven.” Jihoon guesses, not knowing the exact time. “So we’ve still got an hour before either of us have to leave.”

“Come here.” Jungkook grabs Jihoon’s arm to pull the smaller one close to him, and Marble takes the chance to escape, jumping of the bed even. Next thing Jihoon knows, Jungkook’s lips are back on his, and he’s his way into Jihoon’s mouth. It takes Jihoon by surprise, so he has no choice but to part his lips and grant Jungkook the access that he’s looking for, and he leans more into it as Jungkook in his mouth. “Are you wearing lip balm?” Is what Jungkook asks when he pulls away. “You taste really good.”

It takes Jihoon a moment to catch his breath, and he nods. “Well, I was,” Jihoon says, positive that Jungkook removed every trace of lip balm he had on his lips. “My lips were dry when I woke up, so I put some on.” And Jihoon makes a mental note that Jungkook really likes the flavor of sherbet.

“I like that flavor.” Jungkook says.

“I can tell.” Jihoon responds, and he turns to his bedside table to pull it out of his drawer. He removes the cap, and Jungkook leans forward. Jihoon applies it to his fiancé’s lips, and he pops his lips, signaling Jungkook to do the same.

“Here,” Jungkook says, and he kisses Jihoon once again. A quick kiss this time. “Now you have some on your lips, too.”

It’s little moments like this that make Jihoon happy to be with Jungkook. He’s just too cute, and it’s little things like this that really remind Jihoon how much Jungkook cares about him. Still, he rolls his eyes affectionately. “I don’t think it works like that, Sweetie.” Jihoon says. He attempts to re-apply it to his own lips, but Jungkook takes the container from him, and he puts it on Jihoon’s lips for him.

Jungkook leans in for another kiss, but Jihoon is quick to put up a hand to stop him, pushing Jungkook’s face back by two fingers on his lips. “Breakfast.” Jihoon reminds the younger that there’s food out in the lounge, getting cold.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        “Jimin.” Taehyung tries for the fourth time that morning. Normally it’s not very hard to get Jimin out bed, but he’s just not waking up today. He must be exhausted, but it doesn’t really make sense to Taehyung since he went to bed at a normal time the night before.

Taehyung checks Jimin’s forehead just to make sure he’s not running a fever, and he’s not.

Jimin’s eyes come open, and he mumbles something that Taehyung can’t quite understand.

“Come on, Baby.” Taehyung says, trying to tug Jimin out of bed. “You have to get ready for work.”

“I don’t want to.” Jimin whines, burying his face in his pillows. “Taehyung, I’m too tired.”

Taehyung sighs, and he sits on the edge of the bed, combing his fingers through Jimin’s hair. He’s been sleeping a lot recently, and it’s kind of getting Taehyung a little worried. “Do you want me to tell Yongguk hyung that you won’t be going to work?” Taehyung asks. He doesn’t mind doing that. If Jimin’s too tired, he’d rather him stay home and get the rest he needs than try to tough it out and go to work. He’ll never catch up on sleep if he does that.

“No,” Jimin says, and he finally forces himself out of bed. He looks tired. His eyes are all puffy, and he just looks like he could use a couple more hours of sleep. Taehyung wants him to sleep more. He hates seeing Jimin like this. “I can catch up on my sleep during the weekend. It’s only two more days away.”

No matter how much he wants to, Taehyung doesn’t argue. He knows that stubborn Jimin won’t listen to him anyway, so, if Jimin wants to work, Taehyung is going to let him work.

“Taehyung,” Jimin says as he s his pj top and takes it off. Taehyung hums in response and looks over at the smaller one. “Whatever happened to not dating a bottom?”

Recalling the days where Taehyung swore up and down that both he and Jimin were bottoms so they would never work out brings a smile to Taehyung’s face. A lot has changed since then. Jimin is pretty much permanently a bottom now, and Taehyung is not. He tries to tame his large grin into a smirk, and he says, “Maybe I just couldn’t imagine anyone but you squirming beneath me.”

“Ah,” Jimin sounds as if that answers everything.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        Normally Namjoon would take Jinhee to the daycare before heading to breakfast with Seokjin, but not today. Not since Jinhee becomes five months old today. So, instead of dropping him off at daycare, he goes straight to the cafe so that Seokjin can have breakfast with his son on the day that he turns five months old. The baby spends at least eight hours of the day at the daycare every week day, so Namjoon think that it’s important to not take him straight there on special days like today.

Seokjin’s usually bright smile is especially bright today when he sees Namjoon walk into the cafe with their son in his arms. He almost looks like he could squeal in happiness, and Namjoon totally saw that—Seokjin trying to walk straight toward them, forgetting there was a counter in the way. The elder quietly laughs at himself, and he goes through the back to join Namjoon and Jinhee in the restaurant. “My two sweet boys.” Seokjin says, and Jinhee is taken from Namjoon’s hands so that Seokjin can hold him.

Jinhee smiles wide, laughing in glee as his other father takes him, and he waves at Namjoon when he’s turned around to face him again. “He’s here today because it’s a special day, right?” Seokjin asks. He adjusts his hold on the baby to get a better grip, and Jinhee instantly looks more comfortable in Seokjin’s arms.

“Can you believe it’s been five months already?” Namjoon asks, reaching over for Jinhee to take a hold of his finger.

Jinhee wraps his little baby fingers around Namjoon’s, and he shakes his fist.

“He seems excited, but I bet he doesn’t even know that today is supposed to be special.” Seokjin says, and he leads them to their usual table. He grabs a high chair for Jinhee on their way, and he sets their son in it.

“A-appa!” Jinhee cheers.

Seokjin’s jaw is the first to drop, looking at the five month old in his high chair. It’s the first time he or Namjoon had heard Jinhee say an actual word. He had been mumbling and forming pseudo-words for a while, but nothing ever equated to an actual, understandable word.

“Did you hear that?” Seokjin asks, glancing over at Namjoon. “Did I hear that? I mean, did I hear it correctly?”

 Although Namjoon is just as excited to finally hear Jinhee’s first word, he’s more amused by Seokjin’s adorable reaction to it.

“I’m sure you heard correctly.” Namjoon says, smiling.

Seokjin’s initial shock is replaced by a wide grin, and he looks at Namjoon. “You know what’s great about him having two fathers?” He asks. “We don’t have to argue about whose name he said first.”

“That is true.” Namjoon agrees, a fond smile on his lips. “Of course, one of our names will be the first name he actually says, and then we can argue over that.”

“Oh good,” Seokjin says, sarcastic. “I was worried that we’d be lacking something all the normal couples get to enjoy.”

“Appa appa!” Jinhee shouts, bouncing in his chair, getting impatient while waiting for food.

“He doesn’t even know what it means yet, but I’m thinking he’s trying to say feed me!” Namjoon says, smiling when it gets Seokjin to laugh. He reaches into the pouch and grabs out some of the baby food to feed him.

Since they only get an hour for breakfast, Namjoon and Seokjin take turns feeding Jinhee so that the other can have some time to eat his own food. Namjoon actually likes this, and he thinks that bringing Jinhee with him before dropping the baby off at daycare actually wouldn’t be a bad idea. It’d allow for them to have actual family time in the morning.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Leading up to a fashion show is always quite hectic, but none of those days are anything compared to the actual day of a fashion show. The days that fashion shows fall on are the absolute most busy for Yoongi, even when he’s not even the one who has to be showing anything. As the CEO, it’s his job to make sure everything gets done. He needs to make sure that all of the models are present, the designs are done, the outfits fit. Everything. The whole deal, it’s all Yoongi’s responsibility. Also, being the master stylist he is, he may need to make any last minute adjustments to any designs that don’t fit quite right just because he’s the one who can make those adjustments the quickest.

Jihoon, the star designer of the day, comes into the office nearly half an hour before he’s supposed to be there, which brings a lot of relief to Yoongi. Ever since he graduated from school, he’s been doing better about showing up on time and getting his work done. Yoongi is almost positive it’s because Jungkook tries harder to actually wake up so that he doesn’t mess up Jihoon’s work now that this is actually his career and not just an internship anymore.

When Jihoon enters the studio, his face falls when he sees the designs that he left there overnight. He drops his bag at the door, a little unlike him because he usually keeps his bag with him or hangs it up, and he rushes over to the mannequins draped in his designs. “Do you think they’re good?” Jihoon asks, and he carefully looks each one over. “I mean…I shouldn’t have used so much lace on this one, right? Do you think this one is too flashy? Isn’t too bold of a look for a dress in my first line?”

Jihoon has shown designs before, so this is nothing new to him. However, Yoongi knows from experience that showcasing an actual collection is a lot more nerve-wracking than showing off single designs in smaller shows. His just smiles fondly to himself as the kid goes on, listing questions and worries, all of which Yoongi has felt at one point or another at the start of his career.

After Jihoon shuts up, he looks over at Yoongi as if expecting a response. There were so many questions and worries that came out of Jihoon’s mouth that Yoongi wouldn’t even know where to begin if he were to respond to them all. “Being the only designer to represent my company during one of the major fashion shows of the season is a pretty bold move,” Yoongi tells him. “And I think your designs show that. You created them with them with confidence, so let them be shown with confidence.”

“I didn’t ask to be the only designer showing anything.” Jihoon snaps, listening more to the individual words that left Yoongi’s mouth than the meaning behind them. “I didn’t even ask to get my first big project the instant you gave me a permanent position here.”

Yoongi waits for Jihoon to list off all the things that he didn’t ask for, and he leans forward at his drawing table once he’s sure the kid is finished. “You done?” Yoongi asks, and Jihoon nods, plopping down in one of the chairs at the table. “You’re right. You didn’t ask for any of those things. I didn’t give you a position or a big project or even your own line because you wanted it or because you asked me to. I gave you all of those things because you deserve it.”

“I’m sorry.” Jihoon sighs, sitting forward in his chair. “I’m just a little stressed is all.”

“I know.” Yoongi assures him. “Believe it or not, I can still remember the feeling I got when I was showing my first collection.”

“So it’ll go away?” Jihoon asks. “The stress? The nervousness?”

To that, Yoongi laughs. “No,” He says. “But you’ll learn what to expect from each show that you do, and you’ll get better at dealing with it.”

Jihoon’s posture goes a little more relaxed, and Yoongi can tell that he’s not worrying about it as much now.

“Besides, I’ll be right there.” Yoongi tells him. “If anything goes wrong, I can help you fix it. That’s a luxury that I didn’t have when I was starting out.”

Now Jihoon is smiling. “Thanks, Hyung.” He says, and he turns in his chair so that he can look at his designs. “I’m sure I’ll do well.”

“I know you will.” Yoongi assures him. “If I didn’t think you could do it, I wouldn’t be letting you go solo.”

 

Jungkook’s POV

        “Namjoon brought Jinhee in this morning.” Seokjin says when Jungkook shows up to work. 

A plus side to working the morning shift, other than having his evenings with Jihoon back, is that he actually gets to work with Seokjin. When he works the evening shift, he’ll work with Seokjin for about two hours before the elder clocks out for the night and goes home to be with his family. Jungkook likes working with Seokjin because he doesn’t get to see the elder very often anyway.

“That’s nice.” Jungkook says, tying his apron around his waist. “He’s five months old today, isn’t he?”

“Yep!” Seokjin chirps, smiling like the proud father he is. “And you wouldn’t believe what happened today.”

Jungkook smiles, leaning against the counter. “I assume you’re going to tell me?” He says.

“He said his first word.” Seokjin tells him. “Appa.”

“Hm.” Jungkook hums as he turns around to the sink to wash his hands. “I wonder who he was talking to. You or Namjoon.”

“That’s the beauty of it.” Seokjin says. “It doesn’t have to be either one of us because we’re both his father.”

“True, but one of you had to have the most influence to convince that to be his first word, right?” Jungkook points out.

“Well, it must have been me, then, because he said it when I was putting him in the high chair.” Seokjin says.

“Or it could have been Namjoon because he could have been calling for him.” Jungkook points out. He knows that he shouldn’t mess with Seokjin like this, but he can’t resist. It’s too tempting. Messing with Seokjin is only the best part about working in Whole Latte Love.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        If Jihoon thought he was stressed and nervous earlier, he’s much more both of those things now. They’re at the venue for the fashion show, and his models are getting ready to go up onstage right now. Yoongi is here to take care of any last minute fixes or any unexpected things that come up, but the most comforting thing is having Jungkook there with him.

“I know I can’t say a lot because I’m not a designer.” Jungkook says, holding onto Jihoon’s hand as he looks around backstage at the other designs being worn by models. “But I think yours are the best.”

“Thanks.” Jihoon says. The way Jungkook keeps a hold of Jihoon’s hand and stays close to him is just comforting enough to get Jihoon through his last few moments of anxiety.

Then, Jungkook’s phone rings.

He pulls it out of his pocket to check and see who it is.

Minsoo.

The tattoo artist that Jungkook has been dying to get an apprenticeship with.

“It’s Minsoo.” Jungkook says, his grip on Jihoon’s hand loosening. “From Different Drummer.”

“Answer it.” Jihoon says.

“But I’m supposed to—”

“Jungkook,” Jihoon firms. “It’s just a phone call. I’ll be fine.”

“I’ll be right back.” Jungkook promises, and he gives Jihoon a kiss on the cheek before running away.

Once Jungkook is out of his sight, Jihoon takes a moment to actually look around at the different designs that the other designers have create. There are normal ones that match street fashion—something you could actually see someone wearing off the runway. There are ones that are crazier and bolder than Jihoon’s designs.

It only take a minute for Jungkook to return to Jihoon’s side, and he’s taking the elder’s hand back into his own when he’s finally next to him again. “So? What did he want?” Jihoon asks, hoping that this means that Jungkook actually received some good news.

“He wants to meet with me tonight so that we can talk about my apprenticeship.” Jungkook says. “But I have time to at least stay and watch your models walk across the stage.”

At the mention of the apprenticeship, all of Jihoon’s worries about the show seemed to slip away as he just became really happy for Jungkook. “So you got it? He chose you?” Jihoon asks.

Minsoo had a few other people who were interested in being his apprentice, so he had them submit some tattoo designs on their own. Jungkook was nervous about it, but Jihoon was positive that he’d get it.

“He didn’t say that.” Jungkook says. “He just wants to meet with me.”

“Whatever.” Jihoon says. “I’m sure that means you got it.”

 

Taehyung’s POV

        “Honey, I’m home!” Taehyung calls into the apartment when he returns home from work.

Jimin did end up going to work that morning, but Yongguk called Taehyung to let him know that he’d be going home early since he kept falling asleep at his desk. Taehyung worried that it meant that Jimin would no longer be working at BAP Games at all, but Yongguk assured him that he just sent him home for the rest of the week. He’d be able to come back on Monday after getting some good rest over the weekend.

Instead of being met by Jimin, Taehyung is only met by their overly excited dog, jumping up, trying to get into Taehyung’s arms. He picks Pixie up off the ground, and he makes his way to the bedroom, where he’s sure he’ll find his husband. “Jimin.” Taehyung says from the door, and Jimin’s head lifts up from the pillow to look at the younger. He looks tired. “How are you feeling?”

Jimin doesn’t say anything before his head drops to the pillow again. Taehyung lets Pixie on the floor, telling her to go give Jimin some kisses. She does just that, and Jimin whines, pushing the dog away. Frowning, Taehyung walks over to the bed as well. “Hey,” He says, placing his hand on the small of Jimin’s back. “You feeling okay?”

Jimin nods. “I’ve just got a headache, is all.” He says. “I took some medicine for it, but it hasn’t kicked in yet.”

“I’m going to go heat some soup up on the stove.” Taehyung says. He might not be the best at cooking, but he can at least heat up a little bit of soup without burning it. “I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

“I love you.” He hears Jimin mumble before he manages to leave the room.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        His first time winning an award, even a small one, for one of his official lines under Yoongi’s company—Jihoon was sure that this was an experience that he was never going to forget. It would have been better if Jungkook were here, but he’s not going to let the younger’s absence keep him from enjoying himself. He knows that Jungkook is off trying to get that apprenticeship he wanted so badly.

He’s met with many friendly smiles and handshakes as he steps down after accepting his award, and…well, it actually would be a little better if Jungkook was there to congratulate him. Jihoon can imagine the younger smiling down at him with that beautiful smile of his, so genuinely happy for Jihoon that his eyes curve up in that cute way they do when he’s really happy.

“Lee Jihoon.”

It’s an unfamiliar voice.

Jihoon turns around to be met with a familiar face. It’s not one that he knows personally, but it’s a face that he recognizes. It’s the face of Jia, a famous France based designer, originally from China.

“Yes?” Jihoon says, bowing politely to greet her.

“I’m Meng Jia. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She says, smiling at Jihoon.

It’s a little surprising that a top designer like Jia would be taking the time to even acknowledge Jihoon’s existence but Jihoon couldn’t deny that he was absolutely flattered.

“Actually, the pleasure is all mine.” Jihoon says.

Honestly, Jia is another designer that Jihoon admires. A lot. But she’s not as much of an inspiration for him as Yoongi was. So getting accepted into Suga Styles was a lot more flattering than being acknowledged by this girl.

“I was really impressed by your designs. I’m in the area looking for people to join me in France since my company just expanded.” She reaches into her purse, and she pulls out a business card. “If you’re interested.”

“No thanks.” Jihoon says, and he tries to give the card back. “I’m perfectly happy right where I am.”

“I’m not expecting an immediate decision.” She says, pushing Jihoon’s hand away. “Take your time. Give it some thought. And call me.”

Jihoon doesn’t have to take him and think about it. He knows that he doesn’t want to up and relocate to France. He has Jungkook here, and he’s happier with him than he’s ever been with anyone. He has a perfectly good job at Suga Styles, and he’s not about to throw that away. This is where his life is.

“What’s got you thinking?” Yoongi asks, approaching Jihoon.

“Nothing.” Jihoon says, a little too quickly, and he slips the business card into his pocket. “I was just—”

“What did Jia want?” Yoongi asks.

“What?” Jihoon asks, pretending he has no idea what Yoongi is talking about.

Yoongi points a finger in the direction that the top designer had escaped to just a few moments before. “Meng Jia.” Yoongi says, clearly not fooled by Jihoon’s feigned ignorance. “What did she want?”

“Oh, she just…said that she liked my designs, and she gave me her card. Shameless self-promotion, probably.” Jihoon says awkwardly, staring at the ground.

“Take it.” Yoongi says, and Jihoon looks at him, confused. “The job. You’d be stupid not to.”

“I’m not interested.” Jihoon assures him. He’s already imagining how hard it would be for him to tell Jungkook that he’d have to relocate to France. Just the thought of upsetting his happy little bun is enough to make Jihoon upset. “I like working for you. Besides, I don’t want to leave Jungkook.”

“It’s a really good opportunity for your career. Something I can’t offer you. It’ll help you grow as a designer, and you’ll be able to study more varieties of fashion.” Yoongi tells him. “You shouldn’t let me or Jungkook hold you back from that.”

Jihoon did dream of moving to France and studying there for a year or two. Of course, that was all before he met Jungkook and got accepted into Suga Styles. Still, the experience is something that he wants to go for, and…well, maybe Yoongi is right. It wouldn’t be a permanent thing, and he’s probably regret it if he passed up the opportunity.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        “Looks like you love the cat just as much as I do.” Jihoon says when he returns home from the fashion show.

Jungkook lies in the floor, moving a string around for Marble to chase and play with, laughing when she gets tangled up and confused. “She’s fun.” Jungkook says, sitting up to get into a cross-legged position, and he pats the floor for Jihoon to join him.

The elder walks over to Jungkook and plops down in the floor, Marble instantly climbing up into his lap.

“How did the show go?” Jungkook asks.

“I won an award.” Jihoon says. “I don’t have the actual thing because they’re getting my name engraved on it, but I won.”

Jungkook smiles, and he kisses Jihoon’s lips.

“What about you?” Jihoon asks. “How did your meeting go?”

“I got the apprenticeship.” Jungkook tells him, trying to keep excess amounts of excitement out of his voice. “I go in Monday night for my first day of training.”

Jihoon smiles, but he doesn’t seem as happy as Jungkook would like him to be. “That’s great.” He says.

“What’s wrong?” Jungkook asks, knowing that Jihoon has something he’s not telling him about. “Did something happen at the award show?”

Jungkook knows that it can’t be anything about his apprenticeship. Jihoon would thrilled about that if there wasn’t something bothering him already.

“It’s nothing.” Jihoon assures Jungkook, and he leans in to get another kiss from the younger. “I’m just…thinking about how this means that we won’t have evenings together anymore.”

“Nonsense.” Jungkook says, nudging Jihoon with his elbow. “I only study for three hours a day, three days a week. We’ll still have plenty time together.”

Jihoon seems a little more relieved now, but it still seems like there’s something he’s not telling Jungkook. “That’s good.” He says on a yawn. “I’m kind of tired, so maybe we should wash up for bed.”

Jungkook is sure he’ll eventually talk about what’s bothering him. In fact, he knows that Jihoon probably doesn’t want to talk about it right now because he doesn’t want to ruin Jungkook’s good mood—not like Jihoon keeping things from him helps Jungkook’s mood, though. He decides not to press the issue, and he pulls the smaller one off the floor so that they can go shower.