Coffee Love #2 (YoonSeok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #2 - Honeymoon
Word Count: 2,637

Date in Chapter: 2016 October 17

Note: Day after Coffee Love #1. YoonSeok’s honeymoon begins. (Short, we'll probably have a part 2 or edit this one...or something. We'll see.)

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Jungkook didn’t really think it at the time, but everything ended up working out in their favor. He and Jihoon had to evacuate the first apartment they got together because a few of the apartments in the building got a roach infestation, and the whole building was evacuated so that it could be taken care of. Anyone who wanted to opt out of the lease would be able to without any compensation, and so Jungkook and Jihoon did. They had only been living in their new place a little over a month before moving out.

Their new place is basically the same size. The only difference is that the kitchen is a little bigger, which both of them prefer. The appliances are more up to date than their previous place, so this place costs a little more, but it’s a place in which pets are allowed, so that’s a plus. Not that Jihoon and Jungkook have any pets right now, but it allows them to keep Yoongi and Hoseok’s dogs for them while they’re away on their honeymoon. When it was just Bean, the plan was for them to go to Namjin’s place, but then Hoseok adopted Pistachio as well, and Pistachio doesn’t like any of their friends except Jungkook, so Jungkook is the only one that can watch him while they’re gone.

“Jungkook.” Jihoon whines, shaking the younger one insistently. “Jungkook, wake up.”

Jungkook stirs from his sleep, and he rolls over to see his boyfriend sitting next to him, looking at Jungkook with pleading eyes. That’s something Jungkook had never woke up to. “What’s up?” He asks, curious.

“I have to go pee.” Jihoon whispers, like he’s afraid there’s someone else in the room he doesn’t want to hear that.

“Then go pee.” Jungkook says, rolling over and pulling the covers back over himself. “I don’t know why you have to tell me that.”

Jihoon shakes Jungkook again, more insistent this time. “Pistachio won’t let me leave the room.” He whines. “Besides, you have to get up anyway. You have to get ready for class.”

“Pistachio, come here.” Jungkook calls to the dog, ignoring Jihoon’s comment about class. After the weekend that was spent mostly getting ready for the wedding, Jungkook isn’t ready to go back to school yet.

The dog runs from where he’s standing in the doorway, and he jumps up onto the bed. He’s panting heavily as he walks to Jungkook. He back up to Jungkook’s chest as he looks at Jihoon, snarling. “Pistachio,” Jungkook says, and the dog looks at him. “You better be nice to my boyfriend. I love him.”

Jungkook pushes himself up to kiss Jihoon, but the smaller one slips away before he gets the chance. “I really have to use the bathroom,” He says, leaving from the room. “And you better get ready for class, Cutie.”

 

Taehyung’s POV

        “Stop,” Taehyung whines as he wakes to doggy kisses in the morning, Pixie him all over his face. Jimin laughs and grabs the dog away from the younger one, and he sets her on the ground.

“Good morning!” The bed bangs against the wall as Jimin jumps onto it. “Taetae,” Jimin says when Taehyung doesn’t even open his eyes. He doesn’t have to open them to imagine how cute Jimin must look right now—always so cute. “Hey, I have to go to work in a few minutes, and you should get ready for school.”

He feels Jimin’s breath on his face, indicating that the smaller one is closer than before. Taehyung quickly comes to his senses at that point, pushing Jimin away before he can kiss him, and a gasp escapes Jimin.

“Ow, Taehyung, what the hell?” Jimin demands, looking highly offended that the younger one would refuse him like that.

A few months ago, Jimin ended up in the hospital because of a really bad flu. It wouldn’t have been so bad, the doctor told them, if his immune system hadn’t been so week. Luckily, he got over it, and the doctor even gave him some immune boosters, which he’s still taking to this day. Still, Taehyung woke up with a sore throat this morning, and he doesn’t want to take a chance on Jimin catching whatever he has—if he even has anything. If he does have something, he’s worried that he caught it at the wedding, and he’s afraid that Jimin might have already been infected as well.

“You know, I’m not really feeling well today, so you should be careful.” Taehyung says. He knows that Jimin will be upset if he admits that he’s worried about him—Jimin doesn’t like Taehyung being worried. Taehyung knows, however, that if he’s not honest with Jimin, he’ll think that the younger one is pissed off at him for some reason.

“You have a cold?” Jimin asks. Ignoring Taehyung’s warning like the little idiot he tends to be, he jumps up from the bed and rushes to Taehyung. He places a hand on Taehyung’s forehead and frowns.

“That’s not being careful, you idiot.” Taehyung says, peeling Jimin’s hand away. “And I don’t know if I have a cold. I just know that my throat hurts, and I don’t want to take a chance on you getting sick.”

“Do you feel like going to class?” Jimin seems worried, but he steps back a little to slightly distance himself from Taehyung.

“Jimin, I’m fine.” Taehyung insists. Other than a slightly scratchy throat, he doesn’t feel bad at all. Hell, it could even be just because he just woke up and his throat is dry for all he knows. “I’m going to class.”

The doorbell rings, and Taehyung knows that it’s Yongguk. Since he and Jimin have been going to work at the same time, they’ve started carpooling to cut down on the cost of gas for the both of them. It helps that they work in the same place as well.

“Well, that’s my boss.” Jimin says. “I gotta go.”

He leans in again to try and kiss Taehyung, but Taehyung still pushes him away. He’s serious about not wanting Jimin to get sick. He doesn’t want to take a chance on him ending up in the hospital again.

“We can kiss when I feel better,” Taehyung says. “Just go.”

“You don’t love me anymore.” Jimin says with a pout, turning to leave the room.

“I love you more than you’ll ever know, Park Jimin.” Taehyung calls after him. Maybe Jimin does know. Between the two of them, it’s almost impossible to tell who’s more in love than the other. Taehyung is sure it’s him most of the time, but it’s Jimin’s fault for being so damn lovable.

 

Seokjin’s POV

        It finally reaches that point in the morning when everything slows down. Most of the early risers have already gotten their coffee, and they’re headed off to work—or already at work by now. From eight to about eleven or twelve o’clock, business is usually pretty slow in the cafe.

Joonmyeon comes in around his normal time, which is always when it’s been slow for about half an hour. He’s been a regular customer for the past month, having switched over from Minseok’s restaurant across the street when he ended up breaking up with someone who works over there. Wanting to avoid his ex, but still enjoy good coffee on a familiar block, he moved down the street this way and had been coming ever since.

Seokjin already knows his order—a red velvet cake with a coffee smoothie. The coffee smoothie is a kind of new item on the menu. It’s something Eunji requested when Bomi was pregnant and going through her weird cravings stage. The girl had been craving a banana smoothie and coffee at the same time, so Eunji made coffee smoothies. It was good enough for her to request Seokjin to add it to the menu here. Though it’s gained some attention since it’s been added on, it’s definitely not the most popular menu item.

“How was the wedding?” Joonmyeon asks.

One thing that Seokjin has come to know and love about Joonmyeon is that the is a counselor and a therapist. He has experience in dealing with anxiety, depression, and couple’s therapy. As long as he’s a customer in Seokjin’s cafe, he tells the younger one, he can talk to Joonmyeon about anything he wants. It’s almost like getting free therapy lessons, but Seokjin’s favorite part about his company is just having someone to listen. Someone outside of the group. Someone who won’t judge him based on his perception of Seokjin’s other friends.

“It was actually pretty great.” Seokjin says. “I couldn’t eat anything since the food was up for grabs, and there were a lot of strangers shoving their hands in it. Other than that, though, it was good.”

“Did Namjoon take you out afterward?” Joonmyeon asks. “Or did you end up cooking at home?”

“He took me out.” Seokjin tells him. “Since I couldn’t eat, he wouldn’t either, so he was also quite hungry when the reception was over.”

Joonmyeon nods. “It’s good that you have someone like Namjoon,” He says. “You two really seem like the ideal couple.”

“Yeah,” Seokjin says tapping the counter in thought.

“Is something wrong?” Joonmyeon asks.

“It’s just…” Seokjin doesn’t feel like this is the right place to bring this up. “I don’t…since I’ve been handling my anxiety better…I don’t feel like…”

“Like?” Joonmyeon inquires. “You don’t feel the same connection with Namjoon?”

Seokjin hates to admit it, but he nods. It’s not like he thinks that his and Namjoon’s relationship is in a bad place. It’s just not what it used to be…and, honestly, Seokjin misses what it used to be. He knows that it’s easier on Namjoon now that he’s not constantly worried about Seokjin—making special lunch trips to the cafe when he knows the elder is feeling bad. He knows that it’s less stressful without having to deal with so many panic attacks, but…Seokjin liked all of those things. Not really the anxiety…but, if he’s being completely honest, he kind of liked the attention that he got because of it.

“You probably think I’m crazy.” Seokjin sighs.

“I don’t think you’re crazy.” Joonmyeon tells him. “It’s perfectly normal to feel slightly disconnected when things change. The important thing is that you don’t let that feeling come between you two.”

“So what do I do?” Seokjin asks.

“I’d have to actually know your husband to give you any sound advice,” Joonmyeon says. Sometimes Seokjin forgets that Joonmyeon doesn’t actually know any of his friends. He talks to him about them all the time, so it almost feels like he’s a part of the group since he seems to know about everyone. “But, from what you’ve told me, Namjoon seems to like being needed. So, I’d find ways to make him feel needed.”

In discussions that they’ve had before, Namjoon would always comment about how much he likes Seokjin having to depend on him. Since Seokjin’s been gaining confidence, he’s become more independent. Maybe he doesn’t feel the same connection with Namjoon because Namjoon doesn’t feel as needed as he did before.

“Thanks,” Seokjin says. “I’ll think of something.”

 

Yoongi’s POV

        “This suite is designed and set up so that no one can hear you no matter what you plan to do it. It’s our way of ensuring our guests aren’t disturbed by busy honeymooners.” The concierge says, opening the room to let Yoongi and Hoseok in. “As long as one of you aren’t secretly waiting to kill the other person, the soundproofing shouldn’t be a problem for you.”

A look of slight horror falls over Hoseok’s face as he turns back to the hotel employee. “Has that happened before?” Hoseok asks.

“Oh yes, plenty of times.” The man says, and Yoongi can tell that he’s lying or only being funny. Hoseok, however, is probably taking him seriously. “It’s why we’ve considered—”

“Seriously, don’t.” Yoongi says, stopping the concierge before he can go off on anything that will freak Hoseok out too much. “He’ll actually believe you, and we’ll never get to sleep tonight.”

The concierge smiles at Yoongi. “Or you might be too busy to sleep.” He says.

“As much as I love being busy,” Yoongi says, hating that stupid round about way of talking about . “Nothing is going to keep me from a night’s sleep.”

“Seriously.” Hoseok says.

“Yes, well,” The concierge says, stepping out of the room. “I’ll let you two get settled in now.”

When the door closes, Hoseok takes a look around, and he stands frozen like this is the first time he’s actually gotten a good look at the room. He’s clearly stunned, and Yoongi knows that he probably shouldn’t have gone to the extremes of such a nice hotel room—knowing that, although Hoseok is used to Yoongi spending money on him, he’ll never really quite be used to all the luxurious things Yoongi can afford.

“H-hyung,” Hoseok breathes. “You didn’t have to—”

“I know.” Yoongi says, a hint of a smile on his face. “I wanted to.”

“You are seriously too much sometimes.” Hoseok says, biting his lower lip.

“Really?” Yoongi questions. “Because I still feel like this isn’t enough.”

Hoseok grabs the smaller one, and he pulls him closer. He nips at Yoongi’s bottom lip, catching his lip between his teeth and pulling back until the flesh slides back into place. “You need to stop worry about things being enough,” Hoseok tells him. “I really don’t care much for these material things.”

Yoongi’s fingers tighten around Hoseok’s waist, and he looks up to meet Hoseok’s eyes. “Really? What do you care about then? ?” Yoongi asks.

“More like connection and communication,” Hoseok says. “But that’s a close second.”

And that’s all that’s said before Hoseok is dragging him to the bed and shoving Yoongi down onto the plush mattress, clothes coming off along the way, and Hoseok settling on top of him once they reach their destination. Ever since Yoongi started allowing Hoseok to take control, he naturally does it now. There’s no awkward fighting or figuring out who’s going to do it this time. Hoseok just goes right into position so easily like he was born to dominate Yoongi, save for the times when Yoongi shows the desire to dominate Hoseok once and Hoseok is willing to let him.

“But, your efforts to make me happy are worthy of an award,” He says after kissing Yoongi deeply. “Hands and knees.” Hoseok says, and Yoongi obediently gets into position.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        By the time Taehyung gets home from his job at Suga Styles at the end of the day, he’s feeling a little worse than he did this morning, despite having taken cold medicine in the middle of the day. When he walks through the apartment door, not only is he greeted by an excited Pixie, but Jimin is in the kitchen cooking some ramen. “I hope you’re feeling better.” Jimin says, turning off the stove and transferring the ramen into a bowl. “But just in case, I’ve prepared some soup for you.”

He walks to the living room, setting the bowl down on the coffee table, and Taehyung joins him. He sits on the opposite side of the couch, taking the bowl. “Thanks,” Taehyung says. “But what are you going to eat?”

“I ate before coming home.” Jimin tells him. “Since I got off early today.”

One thing that Taehyung isn’t very good at, or at least he doesn’t think he’s very good at, is taking care of other people. Jimin, on the other hand, is really good at it. It’s times like these that Taehyung is really glad to have him in his life.

 

~~~UPDATE BELOW~~~

 

Namjoon’s POV

        “Hey Namjoon.” It’s the fourth time that evening that Seokjin has come to disturb Namjoon while he’s working in the office. Namjoon spins around in the desk chair, giving his full attention to his husband. “I accidentally drop my glove in the toilet while I was trying to clean. You know, it wouldn’t have happened if you’d have remembered to put the lid down like you’re supposed to.”

“How do you even manage to drop a glove in the toilet?” Namjoon asks as he gets up from the desk.

“I was going to put it on, but it slipped out of my hands and fell in the toilet.” Seokjin says, following Namjoon to their bathroom.

That sounds extremely unlikely, especially for Seokjin, but Namjoon doesn’t pay much mind to it as he walks into the bathroom and finds the glove in the toilet. He sticks his hand in and pulls it out, and he tries handing it to Seokjin, already knowing how that’s going to turn out.

“I’m not using that glove now,” Seokjin says, and he points to the trashcan.

Namjoon obeys, and he throws the glove into the trashcan. “Anything else you need me to do before I head back to work?” Namjoon asks.

He doesn’t quite know what it is, but there’s something in Seokjin’s expression—something Namjoon had ever seen before. He can’t quite tell if Seokjin seems sad or like he’s just thinking about something a little too much, but he knows that whatever it is, Seokjin isn’t in the best of moods today. “Yes,” Seokjin says. “I don’t have any gloves to clean now, so I need to go to the store to buy some.”

“And?” Namjoon questions him, but of course he’s only teasing. He knows what Seokjin wants from him.

“And…I want you to come with me.” Seokjin says, quiet. Like he’s afraid to admit it.

Namjoon smiles, and he goes to kiss Seokjin’s forehead, but the elder steps back. “Wash your hands before you touch me.” He says.

Some things never change, but Namjoon doesn’t mind it. He loves how uneasy Seokjin gets when it comes to germs and dirty things. It’s really kind of cute.

“All right,” Namjoon says, going to the sink. “You want me to go to the store with you, let’s make a date out of it.”

“A date?” Seokjin asks, as if he’d never thought of making a trip to the store into a date.

“A date.” Namjoon confirms. “We can take Latte, buy your gloves, and hunt for the best street food stands.”

For the first time that evening, Seokjin smiles, and that’s enough for Namjoon. “All right," Seokjin agrees. Although he really likes street food, he’s always been sort of choosy about what he decides to eat—only eating from the most trusted vendors. Since dating Namjoon, however, he’s expanded his selection on street food vendors. “I like the idea of trying new street food.”

 

Hoseok’s POV

        “So it’s really official now,” Hoseok says, taking Yoongi’s hand. “We’re married. You’re a Jung now. And—”

“I get to steal your food whenever I want, and you can’t complain about it.” Yoongi says, and he takes a spoonful of Hoseok’s sherbet.

“I’m going to complain.” Hoseok says, glaring at at Yoongi.

“What’s yours is mine.” Yoongi says. “Because I’m most likely the one who’s paying for it.”

It still kind of bothers Hoseok when Yoongi teases him about that, but no where near as much as it did when they first started their relationship. He narrows his eyes at the smaller one, annoyed that he’d choose their honeymoon of all times to start joking about that again, and he steals two spoonfuls of Yoongi’s sherbet.

“Hey,” Yoongi complains.

“One to make up for the one you stole from me.” Hoseok says, shoving the first spoonful in his mouth. “And one to make up for you being an .”

“I only took one spoonful,” Yoongi complains, and Hoseok thinks it’s just the cutest thing that he’s only complaining instead of getting Hoseok back and stealing another spoonful. “And you’re calling me the .”

“Yes, but I only mean it in the most affectionate way, Sweet Heart.” Hoseok says, giving Yoongi a quick peck on his temple before he continues walking. “I would think you hated me if you didn’t give me an excuse to call you an every once in a while.”

“How did you figure me out so easily?” Yoongi asks, slightly amused.

“What? That the more infatuated you are the meaner you are?” Hoseok questions, and Yoongi nods. “Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because I love you more when you’re an than when you’re sweet.”

“Liar.” Yoongi says.

“I’m not lying.” Hoseok insists.

“Okay, so would you rather me rent a luxury hotel for us?” Yoongi questions. “Or steal your sherbet?” And that’s when he takes the opportunity to steal more of Hoseok’s frozen desert.

“Definitely the second thing.” Hoseok says, laughing. “I like you stealing my desserts way more than I like you spending who-knows-how-much money on things like the hotel room.”

“Why do you hate it so much?” Yoongi asks. “Being spoiled, I mean.”

Hoseok tucks his lips in thought. “It’s not that I hate it,” He tells the elder. “It’s just…maybe I want to be in the position that I can do the same for you, but nothing I can buy is really all that impressive compared to what you can afford.”

“You’ve bought me things with my own money before.” Yoongi reminds him.

Hoseok sighs and shakes his head. “It’s not the same.” He says. “I just…I don’t expect you to understand. It’s not like you’ve ever had to…” He stops himself before he says something stupid. Something that would very obviously be offensive to Yoongi. The last thing he wants to do is bring down the mood on the first day of their honeymoon. “You know what? Forget it.”

“No,” Yoongi says, tugging on Hoseok’s arm to get him to stop walking. Seems like it’s too late. He already offended his husband. “You’ve never told me any of this. I mean, we’ve never talked about it like this…does the difference of our financial situations really bother you that much?”

“I don’t know,” Hoseok says. “I just want you to understand my position a little more, but you don’t know what it’s like to want to do thing for me but not having the resources to. Whatever I want, you can give it to me without a second thought, but I can’t do the same for you.”

“You don’t have to,” Yoongi says. “Because of you, I already have everything I want.”

“You’re listening, I know.” Hoseok sighs. “But you’re not understanding my point. It’s not about what you want. It’s about what I want to do for you. I’m being selfish in a very sneaky way.”

“Well, this is the situation we’re in,” Yoongi tells him. “We can’t just change that.”

“Or we can,” Hoseok says, coming up with what he would consider a wonderful idea. “When we get back home…we can do a second honeymoon over the weekend. I’ll be the one to pay all of the expenses, and you’re not allowed to touch your money at all. You know, that way you can really see how big the gap is between us, and maybe you’ll understand my side more.”

Yoongi seems to consider it for a moment. “Okay,” He agrees with a nod. “Just for one weekend, I’ll let you be the one with the money.”

“But…” Hoseok starts.

“I know,” Yoongi says, and he kisses Hoseok’s cheek. “I’ll pay your studio rent for the month so you can do this.”