Coffee Love #22 (JiTae)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #22 - All Mine
Word Count: 2,705

Date in Chapter: 2017 February 3

Note: Happens a few days after Coffee Love #21. Slight warning for unwanted ual advances. That’s it. Mostly JiTae centered. Moving onto a JiTae arc where a lot of crap happens, so…Enjoy!

 

Jihoon’s POV

        After getting up at Marble’s wake-up call and feeding the little kitten, Jihoon returns to the bedroom. Normally, at this point, he would be trying to get Jungkook out of bed, probably arguing with the younger for a while as Jungkook refuses to wake up. You know, being the usual pain in the he can be. Not today, though. After the busy week Jihoon has had, he’s not really in the mood to put up with a grumpy Jungkook. He’s still tired from his lack of sleep the night before, and he has a headache—probably for the same reason, lack of sleep. So, instead of trying to wake up his sleepyhead of a fiancé, Jihoon crawls back under the blankets and lies back down.

A couple of minutes pass before Jungkook rolls over to face Jihoon, and he throws an arm over Jihoon’s waist, burying his face in the elder’s hair. “Hyung,” Jungkook mumbles, voice still sounding like he’s asleep. “Isn’t it time to wake up?”

Jihoon sighs, craning his neck back, uncomfortably in the position that they’re in, to look at Jungkook. “If you know that it’s time to wake up, why are you asking me?” Jihoon demands. “Why don’t you just get up?”

“Why aren’t you getting up?” Jungkook asks, his eyes staying closed as the words leave his mouth.

Jihoon huffs, annoyed. He has to struggle and argue with Jungkook every morning to get him out of bed, and the one time Jungkook is actually aware that he should be waking up, he doesn’t want to do it because Jihoon isn’t up.

“I’m not getting up because I’m tired. I don’t feel like going to class today.” Jihoon says.

Jungkook’s eyes open then, and he looks into Jihoon’s eyes for a moment before hugging his arms around the elder tighter, and smiling as he tucks Jihoon’s head under his chin. “Good,” Jungkook says. “We can both skip classes today and just have a three day weekend. How does that sound?”

“We can’t,” Jihoon refuses, trying to pull away from the younger, but it is really hard to get away once Jungkook decides in his arms is where Jihoon belongs. “Yoongi hyung will have a fit if I miss work today. You have dance class this evening, and you still have to work tomorrow, so we really wouldn’t get much of a weekend.”

“I’m quitting the cafe.” Is all Jungkook replies with, ignoring everything else Jihoon said. “It takes up all of my time.”

“You can’t quit.” Jihoon says, though he hardly thinks Jungkook is serious. “It’s your only source of income, and I can’t afford everything on my own.”

“You get paid a lot more than I do.” Jungkook points out.

“But the little bit you do make helps out a lot, Kookie.” Jihoon tells him, almost thinking Jungkook might be a little more serious than he thought.

“Hyung,” Jungkook says, resting his forehead against Jihoon’s. “I’m not seriously going to quit my job. You don’t have to freak out.”

Jihoon’s protests are cut off by Jungkook’s lips. “I’m not freaking out,” He insists. “I’m just saying. I know you’re not serious.”

“Sure.” Jungkook says kissing Jihoon once more. “So, we staying in bed today?”

Jihoon sighs. “No,” He demands. “I already told you. Yoongi hyung will freak out if I don’t show up today.”

“Why? You’ve already finished everything.” Jungkook whines, burying his face in the pillow.

“You’ll learn one day, Tol,” Jihoon says, ruffling Jungkook’s hair. “Everything is never done.”

“Fine,” Jungkook gives in, and he finally gets himself out of bed. “But you owe me cuddles when we get home.”

“Dance class.” Jihoon reminds him.

“After that.”

“Jeon, I’m tired right now,” Jihoon reminds him. “By the time you’re done with your lessons, I’m going to want to sleep.”

“We can cuddle and sleep at the same time.” Jungkook assures him. “We’re pros at that.”

Well, Jihoon can’t argue with that. Pros they definitely are.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        After working with Jihoon for a year, Yoongi likes to think that he has a sixth sense when it comes to the kid. Like he can just tell when he should or shouldn’t expect Jihoon to show up on time. Today, for example, Yoongi is completely unsurprised when the young designer comes through the doors nearly an hour after he’s supposed to have been there.

“Sorry I’m late,” Jihoon says in that tone he uses when he’s worried he might be scolded by the elder. “Jungkook—” He stops himself. “I overslept.”

Judging by his scarf being wrapped around his neck in a messy fashion—like he was in a rush when he put it on—and the fact that his hair doesn’t look like he did anything to it, Yoongi can believe that. He knows that Jihoon has had a busy week. He’s worked extra hard to get everything done and caught up so that he won’t be in such a rush next week, and Yoongi actually notices that.

“It happens,” Yoongi says with a shrug, earning himself a confused look from Jihoon. “What are you doing for your senior project?”

“I haven’t decided yet.” Jihoon says, rushing over to sit at the table. “The possibilities are endless, but I didn’t want to do something that…was done too much? You know what I mean? I want something that will really stand out. Something even the professors will be excited to see. You know, since they probably see similar ideas every year.”

Yoongi nods. “In that case, do you know what you’re trying to avoid doing?” He asks.

“I mean…nothing like basic categories. Street fashion, hip hop, business. You know.” Jihoon says, and then he looks at Yoongi. “What did you do for your senior project?”

“Aesthetics.” Yoongi tells him. “I just chose a theme and created my designs based on that. I can show you the sketches if you like.”

“Do you still have the designs?” Jihoon asks, his interest peaked. “Like, the actual project that you did?”

“I do.” Yoongi says with a small laugh, thinking it’s cute how intrigued Jihoon is by it. “But they’re at my parents’ place.”

Jihoon shakes his head. “Anyway, I need to think about my senior project. I can’t take your idea.”

“I can’t tell you what to do.” Yoongi says, “But I can assure you that you still have time to think about it. Just don’t take too long, or you won’t have time to finish.”

“But…can I run my ideas by you?” Jihoon asks. “I actually thought of some already…but I’m not sure if they’re good or not.”

“We’re both caught up with everything this week,” Yoongi says, checking the time. Of course it’s only ten in the morning. “So I don’t think we have anything better to do right now.”

“So you’ll hear me out?” Jihoon asks, uncertain.

“Yes, Hoon.” Yoongi says. “I’ll listen to you.”

 

Taehyung’s POV

        Now that it’s Jihoon’s senior year, Taehyung hardly sees the younger one at school anymore. Most of his hours are spent interning at Yoongi’s company, where Taehyung eventually sees him because he works there once his classes for the day are done. Jihoon doesn’t have lunch at school anymore, so Taehyung eventually found himself migrating over to having lunch with Sungjae.

“Is the exam today? Or next Friday?” Sungjae asks as Taehyung sits down at the table. Normally there are a few other film students eating with them, but Taehyung hadn’t seen them around today.

“Well, we haven’t even been given the study guide yet, so I hope it’s next Friday.” Taehyung says, shoving a spoonful of soup into his mouth. “If we get it today, do you want to come over and study this weekend? I mean, I’ll have to ask Jimin, but—”

Taehyung never really asks Jimin before inviting people over to the apartment. He knows that it probably irritates Jimin when he comes home or wakes up to people in his home, but he never says anything. After the last time Taehyung invited Sungjae over, however, he just got the feeling that something happened between them. Normally Jimin does everything he can to get Sungjae away from Taehyung, but the last time it seemed like he was forcing Taehyung on Sungjae.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Sungjae quickly cuts Taehyung off.

“Why?” Taehyung asks, hoping he can actually get some answers from Sungjae. Jimin won’t tell him anything, but if Sungjae is going to avoid coming around then something clearly happened between them.

“I want to be honest with you,” Sungjae tells him. “But…I don’t want you to hate me.”

Taehyung doesn’t respond. He just gives Sungjae a look to pressure him to go on.

“I still like Jimin.” He says, but he doesn’t sound proud of the fact. “When you left us alone for a minute, I wanted to kiss him, but you came back too quickly.”

Oh? Is that it? Is that why Jimin suddenly changed his behavior that day? Taehyung isn’t really surprised. He knows, from even before he and Jimin became boyfriends, how irresistible Jimin can be. It’s no wonder he’d be difficult for someone to get over. That’s not big deal.

“Okay,” Taehyung says. “Did you ever get over him?”

Sungjae nods. “I mean, the years that I went without seeing Jimin, I never thought about him. It’s just…now that I’ve met you and him again…those feelings came back.” He says. “It doesn’t bother you?”

Taehyung shakes his head. “I can’t control who you like,” He says, “But I can choose whether I let you be around my boyfriend or not, and I think it’s best if we at least go somewhere else to study.”

Sungjae nods again, more enthusiastically this time. “I’m fine with that. I mean, the last thing I want is to come between you two.” He says.

And Taehyung thinks that Sungjae only sounds full of himself. As if someone could come between him and Jimin. Many people have tried in the past. Everyone of them have failed.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Jimin actually hates this class. Not only does he have a large project to do for the end of the semester, but the instructor keeps piling tiny little assignments on top of it. Like the classes that Jimin took at the beginning of his career as a computer science major. It’s just too much tedious work to distract him from the bulk of the class, but he makes sure he gets everything done.

Today they get back their grades from the first month’s assignments, and Jimin isn’t too happy about his. There’s no problem with the work that he turned in, yet he got minus points for his code presentation. Annoyed, Jimin goes up to the professor at the end of class to demand that he explain why Jimin got negative points on his assignment. “There’s nothing wrong with it.” Jimin insists.

“Sure, it ran properly, but you didn’t follow the instructions.” The professor says. “You didn’t turn it in with the correct format. I told you how I wanted it to be formatted, and you completely disregarded my instructions.”

“I made it better,” Jimin insists.

“I’ll give you a few options,” The professor tells him, and Jimin listens. “You either accept the grade that you got and try following instructions next time.”

“Or?” Jimin asks.

Or,” He says, “You keep doing what you want, and I’ll give you the grade you want if you give me what I want.”

Jimin knows that he should refuse instantly. He’s been in these situations before, so he’s no idiot. He knows exactly what it is that this professor wants from him, but he decides to give him the benefit of the doubt.

“And what is it that you want?” Jimin asks.

“Private lessons with you after class.” The professor acts like it’s the most simple thing in the world, but Jimin knows better. “You think you know everything, but you don’t.” He grabs Jimin’s hip and leans in closer. “I can teach you how to make an A in this class.” He whispers in Jimin’s ear.

Disgusted, Jimin shoves him away. “No thanks.” Jimin refuses, actually proud himself that he didn’t consider giving in. Not even for a second. “I actually have someone at home who thinks better of me. Like hell I’d give myself to the likes of you.”

Without allowing his instructor time to mutter a response, Jimin turns and leaves from the room with purpose.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        So his day at Suga Styles didn’t go anywhere near like Jihoon had anticipated. He thought Yoongi would have piled more work on top of him the instant he walked through the door, especially considering that he’d showed up late, but, instead, he just allowed Jihoon to discuss his senior project with him. Which puts him in a much better mood when he comes home today.

Marble isn’t bugging him for food, apparently because Jungkook already took care of feeding her, and Jihoon finds the younger sitting on the bed, doing some sketches in his sketchbook.

“How was your day?” Jungkook asks without looking up.

“Pretty good, actually.” Jihoon says, sitting on the bed, scooting close to Jungkook. He makes sure not to sit so close that he’s hindering Jungkook’s drawing, but still close enough to be happy. “You?”

“Good.” Jungkook says. “I met with my advisor, and he wants me to start seriously thinking about taking on an apprenticeship or internship next year.”

Jihoon looks down at the sketches on Jungkook’s paper. They’re all really neat little designs that Jihoon is certain are supposed to tattoo designs. “What are you thinking about doing?” Jihoon asks, watching Jungkook’s hand move across the paper.

“I don’t know,” Jungkook shrugs. “I kind of want to try interning with an animation studio or comic studio.” He says. “But I’d also like to try to get my tattoo license so I can be a tattoo artist.”

“You know what I think?” Jihoon asks, removing the pencil from Jungkook’s hand and taking the sketchbook away once Jungkook seems finished with the sketch he’s working on. “You could do both. Mentor with a tattoo artist during the summer and intern with one of those studios during the school year.” He wraps his arms around Jungkook’s shoulder. “That way you can try both and decide which you like the best. Or just do both. There’s no reason you can’t.”

Jungkook sighs on a smile, and he presses a kiss to Jihoon’s neck. “I think I just might do that.” Jungkook says, and he pushes Jihoon onto his back so that he’s lying on the mattress.

“Hey, now,” Jihoon says, gripping Jungkook’s waist as the younger settles himself on top. “You still have dance class.”

“And I still have an hour before I have to get ready.” Jungkook says, locking their lips in a kiss.

 

Jimin’s POV

        After the little experience in class, Jimin rushes home. He’d like to just stay home with Taehyung and forget about dance class, but that’s not the best idea. It’s never a good idea to skip the first day in which Hoseok goes over new choreography with his dancers.

The instant Jimin steps into the bedroom to change his clothes, he brought into a sudden hug by Taehyung. “What the hell?” Jimin asks, trying to get his arms free so that he can hug Taehyung back. “What’s this for?” He almost wonders if Taehyung somehow knows what happened between him and his instructor earlier. It wouldn’t really surprise Jimin. He and Taehyung tend to have that sort of telepathy sometimes.

“I’m happy.” Taehyung tells him.

“Why?” Jimin asks. If Taehyung has a reason to be happy, Jimin wants to know so that he can be happy for him, too.

“Because you’re mine.” Taehyung says. “All mine, and I don’t have to let anyone else have you.”

Normally Jimin would probably find something like this cheesy enough to laugh about and slap Taehyung playfully before going into a playful argument. Right now, however, it’s the exact kind of thing that Jimin needed to hear, and it brings a warm smile to Jimin’s face.