Coffee Love #37 (YoonSeok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #37 - Could Have Planned Better
Word Count: 3,225

Date in Chapter: 2017 June 3

Note: All right! So this happens two days after Coffee Love #36. This is finally the chapter that leads into the last part of the Yoonseok arc. We also get Jihoon talking to Jungkook about that job offer, so…enjoy!

 

Jimin’s POV

        Jimin wakes up to Taehyung’s smiling face. It’s finally the first day of the weekend, which means that Taehyung doesn’t have anywhere to be. Jimin, on the other hand, is ready to get back to work after being sent home for the last two days. He spent most of that time cuddling with Pixie in bed—and the rest of the time cuddling with Taehyung when he wasn’t at work.

“What are you doing?” Jimin asks the younger, a tiny fond smile working onto his face as well. “Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Because I love you.” Taehyung says, and he kisses Jimin. “You are so beautiful when you are sleeping.”

Jimin sighs, content. “Kiss me again.”

Taehyung doesn’t even hesitate before coming toward Jimin again, connecting their lips in a sweet kiss that lasts a little longer this time. As soon as he pulls away, he’s kissing Jimin once again only to pull back when the doorbell sounds. Taehyung pulls away from Jimin’s face, and a slightly terrified expression falls upon on his own.

“Oh, .” He says, pushing himself up out of the bed. Based on his reaction, Jimin knows that whoever it is at the door—it’s something that Taehyung knew about but forgot to tell Jimin. Knowing that, Jimin tries to get up and get to the door before Taehyung can. “I forgot to tell you—”

Before he even gets to finish that sentence, Jimin opens the door to find Yongguk standing there with Minjun. It doesn’t even take Jimin a second to find out what’s going on and why Taehyung was worried about him answering the door. Without saying a word to his nephew or brother-in-law, Jimin turns around to glare at his husband. “Are you kidding me right now, Kim Taehyung?” Jimin demands. He wouldn’t be so nice with his words if he didn’t have a five year old standing at the doorway.

“Yeah…so…Daehyun hyung and Yongguk hyung are going to an event…” Taehyung says, laughing nervously, and Jimin watches as he steps back. “So…I agreed to watching Minjun for them.”

As soon as the words leave Taehyung’s mouth in a rush, he turns around to run back to the bedroom. Jimin had been expecting that, so he was ready to chase him. On his way, he’s sure he hears Yongguk yell something about trusting them with Minjun. He hears the front door close, so he’s assuming Yongguk pushed the kid inside and left.

Taehyung runs around the bed to get away from Jimin, their dog following after them, barking and wanting to join in the fun. Jimin tries to follow, but by the time he reaches the foot of the bed, Taehyung is climbing over the mattress. Jimin quickly jumps onto the bed, pulling Taehyung back when he’s almost made it to the other side, and he settles himself on top of the younger, placing his thighs around Taehyung’s waist and digging his knees into the mattress.

Taehyung tries to squirm free, and he even tries to tickle Jimin in attempt to get the older one off of him, but Jimin just takes it to his advantage and grabs Taehyung’s hands to pin them above his head. “We’ve talked about this before.” Jimin snaps. “You’re supposed to tell me when you decide to babysit for someone. Not just spring it on me at the last second.”

“You know, this is pretty for a five year old to be watching.” Taehyung says, nodding toward the door.

Jimin feels like an idiot when he turns to see if Minjun is standing there, letting his guard down, and allowing Taehyung to get free. The younger flips their positions, and he pins Jimin’s hands above his head. “Like I said, Park Jimin,” Taehyung leans down to around the shell of Jimin’s ear, causing the smaller one to shiver. “You’re too easy.”

“And you’re gross.” Jimin says back, pulling his wrists from Taehyung’s grasp. “Why do I even like you?”

Because I’m gross.” Taehyung notes, and he gets off of Jimin. “You’re addicted to it because you’re secretly gross.”

“Maybe.” Jimin says, and he pushes himself up from the mattress. “But come on. We’ve got babysitting to do.”

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Hoseok isn’t expecting Yoongi. He asked Yoongi to come since it’s another free weekend for him, but he’s not expecting Yoongi to show up. Yoongi told him that he couldn’t because he has a lot of work to get caught up on this weekend—a lie. When an opportunity to see Hoseok arises, Yoongi makes sure to get everything done so that he’ll have the time to see his husband.

Yoongi stands outside of Hoseok’s room, taking a breath as he readies himself to knock on the door. He doesn’t know why, but he feels nervous. What if Hoseok isn’t happy to see him? What if he’s annoyed that Yoongi took the time to come out here after saying that he wasn’t going to show up? But, when he thinks about it, of course Hoseok would be happy to see him. Yoongi is his husband, after all.

One more inhale, and he lifts up his hand to knock on the door. Just before his knuckles come into contact with the wood, the door comes open and Hoseok is at the entrance, staring down at Yoongi. Instead of smiling and pulling Yoongi into a hug, as Yoongi had imagining him doing, he looks down with his mouth hanging slightly open.

He’s annoyed. Yoongi knows.

“What are you doing here, Hyung?” Hoseok asks, stepping out into the hallway and pulling the door closed behind him.

He looks good. He’s wearing a pair of sunglasses and a red and white striped shirt that comes down to about his mid-thighs. It’s loose enough that it drapes and clings to his body perfectly. He wears a pair of jeans that aren’t really skinny jeans, but they’re not baggy either. Nice jeans. His fashion choices have definitely improved since he started dating Yoongi. Not that they were particularly bad to begin with, but he definitely knows how to dress to his own body now.

“It’s your free weekend,” Yoongi says, unable to keep his eyes from looking Hoseok over. He’s not even worried about his own thoughts anymore. He can look at anyone else and imagine himself with them, but he never looks at anyone like he looks at Hoseok. The younger is just so breathtaking, and he has this effect on Yoongi that no one else could possibly have. No one could get his heart to beat like it is now. No one can take his breath away with a single glance. No one but the man standing before him. “So…I just thought I’d come and see you.”

“Well…um…I wasn’t expecting you, so…I kind of already have plans.” Hoseok tells him.

The fact that he already has plans isn’t what bothers Yoongi. That part is Yoongi’s own fault. What bothers him is that he doesn’t even look happy to see Yoongi. He hasn’t given Yoongi a kiss or even offered him a hug or a smile. There aren’t very many things that can make Yoongi cry, but he kind of wants to right now.

“Who the hell do you have plans with that you have to dress up like that?” Yoongi questions, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow at his husband. Normally Hoseok only dresses up that cute for special occasions—almost always doing something with Yoongi if it’s not for dance.

“A friend.” Hoseok says, and he quickly gives Yoongi a peck on the lips. “Look, I really have to go. I’ll talk to you later?”

“What the hell am I supposed to do in the mean time?” Yoongi demands. The only reason he came here was to spend time with Hoseok, and now he’s not even going to be able to do that.

Hoseok shrugs. “Visit your parents or something. You haven’t done that yet even though you’ve already came here once.” He kisses Yoongi once again, this time on the cheek. “I’ll call you once I’m done.”

He starts to walk away.

“Hoseok!” Yoongi calls after him, standing at the doorway still. “Even if I visit my parents, they’ll want to know why you didn’t come with me!” He shouts as Hoseok keeps walking.

Frustrated, Yoongi has half a mind to hop on the train and head back home. He decides not to, however, knowing that he really should visit his parents. He hadn’t seen them since his and Hoseok’s wedding.

 

Seokjin’s POV

        “Will you stop making a mess?” Seokjin asks, coming into the kitchen to find that Namjoon has papers scattered all over the counter. Seokjin instantly starts gathering them up, one by one, and stacking them up into a neat little pile. “We have company coming.”

“Company?” Namjoon’s hand stills where it had been busily scribbling words on the page, and he looks up at Seokjin.

Seokjin didn’t know they had company coming either. Not until he received a call from Jimin about a minute ago, telling him that he and Taehyung were on their way and that he was sorry for not giving more of a notice. With Taehyung, Seokjin can’t really blame him. “Yeah, it’s—”

“We’re here!” Taehyung’s loud and obnoxious voice sounds into the house, and Latte jumps up from where she had been taking a nap next to Namjoon’s stool and rushes over to them.

“Taehyung and Jimin.” Seokjin says.

“That explains a lot.” Namjoon says, and he closes his notebook, standing from the stool.

“Look who we brought with us.” Taehyung says.

His little nephew follows them into the kitchen, trying to walk fast enough that Latte can’t bother him, but she keeps his hands which are covered in some kind of food—Seokjin can’t tell what exactly it is.

“I want to see the baby.” Minjun says, pulling his hands away from Latte again. “Uncle Taetae told me there was a baby here.”

“He means Jinhee.” Taehyung says, as if that wasn’t obvious.

“I know.” Seokjin says. “He’s in his room, but he’s sleeping.”

“Can I wake him up?” Jimin asks, sounding excited. He really likes Jinhee a lot, Seokjin can tell. “How long has he been asleep?”

“It’s been a little more than an hour.” Namjoon says, looking at his phone. “So you can wake him up. But he’s always a little cranky when being woken up at first.”

“It’s okay. I can deal with cranky.” Jimin says, and he hops off to Jinhee’s room, Minjun following close behind him, and Latte as well. 

 

Jihoon’s POV

        It’s been two days since Jihoon was offered a job by Jia, and it’s something that he’s been spending a lot of time thinking about. He didn’t want to tell Jungkook on the first day because that was when he got accepted as an apprentice from the tattoo artist that he really wanted to work with. He didn’t tell him yesterday because…well, he couldn’t bring himself to do it.

Today, however, he can’t put it off anymore. “Hey,” He says, joining the younger on the couch. Jungkook sits with his knees pulled up, a sketchbook resting on his lap as he draws. He has his hair pinned back off of his face. He always looks so cute when he’s drawing.

“Hey,” Jungkook says back, not looking up from his paper.

“There’s, um, something I have to talk to you about.” Jihoon says, and he starts to feel nervous again.

He knows that Jungkook isn’t going to have a good reaction to this. He doesn’t know exactly how Jungkook is going to react, but he knows that it’s not going to be good.

“I know.” Jungkook says, still not looking up at Jihoon. “It’s whatever’s been bothering you since the fashion show, right?”

Jihoon shouldn’t be surprised that Jungkook could just tell that there was something bothering him. Jungkook is quite good at reading people’s emotions. It doesn’t make this easier for Jihoon.

“I got offered a job.” Jihoon says, slowly, trying to see how Jungkook reacts to that at first.

“You have a job.” Jungkook says, and it’s kind of annoying that he won’t look at Jihoon.

“Yes, but I got offered a job with a different company. A larger company.” Jihoon tells him, trying to test the waters before jumping right in and tell Jungkook that he’s thinking about moving to a different country to further his career as a designer. “One that would probably pay a lot more than Yoongi hyung can pay me.”

“Yoongi hyung pays you enough, and you like working for him, so why would you take a different job?” Jungkook asks.

Yep. Jihoon knew this was going to be hard. He hasn’t even gotten to the worst part yet, and Jungkook is already having a hard time accepting it.

He sighs, trying to think of how to put it to Jungkook without making it sound like he doesn’t care about Suga Styles because he does. Yoongi is his idol, his brother, and the root of the reason Jihoon even decided to study fashion in the first place. “It’s not about the money and whether I like my job or not.” Jihoon says. “It’s about me wanting to grow and learn as a designer, and I can’t do that if I keep working with Yoongi hyung. Even he thinks I should take the job.”

“Okay.” Jungkook says, finally looking at Jihoon. “What company will you be working for?”

“Meng & Wang.” Jihoon tells him.

“Are they opening a branch here in Korea?” Jungkook asks. He probably already sees where this is going.

Jungkook’s knowledge of the fashion industry has greatly expanded since he met Jihoon. Since they always talk to each other about school and work and their interests, they both know a lot about what the other is into. Because of that, Jungkook knows about the major companies that Jihoon is really into, and he knows that this particular company is based in Paris.

“No.” Is all Jihoon says. He wouldn’t accept a job in Korea that wasn’t a job with Suga Styles.

Jungkook doesn’t respond, so an awkward silence falls between them. Instead of looking at Jihoon, the younger is staring at the couch.

“Are you going to take it?” Jungkook asks, his eyes closing like he’s afraid of crying.

“Well, I want to.” Jihoon tells him. “But I wanted to talk to you about it first.”

“If you’re leaving it up to me, then I’m going to say no.”

Jihoon knew he would do this.

“Why?” Jihoon asks, trying keep all hints of irritation out of his voice.

“Because I don’t want you to relocate France. Because I like having you here with me. Because I don’t think you have a reason to up and move when we’re supposed to be getting married and you’ve already got a good job here.” Jungkook snaps.

It hurts hearing Jungkook talk to him like that. The two have been together for a year and a half now, and Jihoon doesn’t think he’s ever heard Jungkook talk to him like that. They’ve never had any serious fights over anything, so he kind of just wants to cry right now.

“Really? I don’t have a reason?” Jihoon questions. “How about the fact that I want to experiment more as a designer? Working in Paris, one of the fashion capitals of the world, will help me do that. Yes, we’re getting married, but not for a while, Jungkook. You still have to finish with school. Besides, I don’t think we’re ready to get married if you don’t think we can get through us being apart for a while.”

“If you’re not even going to listen to my feelings, why did you have to talk to me about it?” Jungkook demands.

“Because I didn’t want to be all ‘hey, I’m going to France whether you like or not.’” Jihoon says back.

“Well, that’s pretty much what you’re doing. You made your decision before even talking to me.” Jungkook says, and he gets up off of the couch. “I’m glad my opinion matters so much to you.”

“Yeah? Well, I’m glad my career matters so much to you.” Jihoon calls after him as he leaves from the living room.

Jungkook stops before turning down the hallway. “I care about your career, but I care about our relationship more.”

And he walks away.

Jihoon cares about their relationship. In fact, he think that he and Jungkook being apart for a little while will be a good way to improve their relationship. He just has to get Jungkook to realize that.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        Hoseok had been expecting Yoongi. He just hadn’t been expecting him so early. He has been with the elder long enough to know that he does things like telling Hoseok he won’t be there when he actually will be there, and he knows Yoongi well enough to know that he’s not going to pass up a weekend that Hoseok has free—especially when he knew before hand.

Hoseok was had been preparing a little surprise for Yoongi, so it was a little inconvenient that he showed up as Hoseok was on his way out to get ready for it. That’s why he tried not to seem to excited to see Yoongi and tried to get out of Yoongi’s sight before he somehow gave the surprise away. He’s not the best at lying or even hiding things from Yoongi, so he had to get out of there quick.

Hoseok’s plan, he’s sure, is really romantic, and it’s something that Yoongi would love. One of Yoongi’s greatest regrets in life is that he didn’t meet Hoseok sooner, so Hoseok wants to change that. He talked to the faculty at Yoongi’s old high school about borrowing one of the classrooms on a Saturday when no classes would be in session, and he plans to take Yoongi back there so that they could have met in high school. No, it won’t change anything for real, but Hoseok knows that the gesture has to count for something.

He pulls out his phone to call Yoongi and tell him to meet up with him, but he doesn’t answer. He tries again, still no answer. It’s odd. Even if Yoongi is mad at him, he always answers Hoseok’s call. Instead, Hoseok pulls out his phone to text Yoongi and tells him to meet him. It shows that Yoongi has read the message, but he doesn’t type out a response.

Hoseok decides to wait and see if Yoongi is coming. A couple of hours pass by, and Yoongi never shows up. Evening falls, and still no Yoongi. Apparently Hoseok ed up pretty bad earlier by acting the way he did. He gathers up his things, and he leaves from the school. He kind of hopes to find Yoongi on his way, but that doesn’t happen.

When Hoseok gets back to his room, he opens his phone to find a text message from Yoongi. “Pack your stuff. You’re coming back to Seoul with me in the morning.”

Through a message, it’s impossible to hear Yoongi’s tone, but just…the coldness in the words tells Hoseok that Yoongi isn’t happy.